Profile for B. Studer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Studer RSS Feed

Silent Hour / Golden Mile
Silent Hour / Golden Mile
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The music will speak for itself., May 26, 2014
Incredible guitar playing, vocals, melodies, instrumentation. Rossen has yet again created a type of musical feel unique in style and form. Just buy this in vinyl and you'll see what I mean.

Scurrilous
Scurrilous
Price: $9.88
31 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection sounds so good, April 4, 2012
This review is from: Scurrilous (Audio CD)
Perfect. Everything about this album deserves praise. I could write a long review but it would be pointless. Just buy it and you'll know what I mean. Everything this band touches turns to gold.

Music for Nonet and Strings / Chamber Songs
Music for Nonet and Strings / Chamber Songs
Price: $16.80
28 used & new from $5.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of brilliant, February 22, 2012
After Alan Ferber's trombone solo on Todd Sickafoose's song "Pianos of the 9th Ward" (off the album Tiny Resistors) left me in a complete state of indescribable emotion, I came to the only rational conclusion that my awestruck existence could construct and that was to get as much of this gentleman's music as possible. There are musicians who can play music, then there are the elite few who are walking bodies of music. Now, I've never met the guy but I know what he's all about through absorbing this album. I realize the man is as brilliant as they get. Seriously.

I've never been very good at describing music. It does an excellent job describing itself. All I can really do is tell you to buy it or not. And what I'm going to tell you is to not do ANYTHING except GET THIS ALBUM!!

Bon Iver
Bon Iver
Price: $9.65
68 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle Brilliance, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Bon Iver (Audio CD)
In our sugar cereal, fast-food, ADHD infested day-in-age, we are constantly looking for music that gives us a quick prozac fix without a whole lot of thinking. Most people don't want to actually put any effort into listening to music, instead rather abuse it. People hate having to actually dive inside and swim alongside brilliance searching for hidden beauty that manifests itself all-throughout music such as this. Most music today lacks the golden word for this band's style, "Subtlety". The main idea might not be flashing right in front of your eyes, but there will be moments when the brilliance of this music floods through you inner-conscience, harmonizing with your soul.

Highly recommended for those who have what so many lack: patience and the ability to decipher the finer vibrations of music.