Profile for David Koster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Koster RSS Feed

Introducing Maya 2008
Introducing Maya 2008
by Dariush Derakhshani
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Much reading at the beginning, fun as reward, April 20, 2008
This review is from: Introducing Maya 2008 (Paperback)
This book just ROCKS! written in a telling style, with a bit of humor and generally easy to follow. I am happy that Dariush Derakshani explaines why he uses certain settings on functions, and what the results are if you don't do it that way.

only but a few small errors now and than, but nothing more than a wrong option button mentioned or so wich had more books about 3D programs I own so that is not realy a minus.

The first two chapter are nothing more but general information(naturally), wich may be boring and of point to some people, but thereafter the fun starts with especially chapter four in wich you will make a complicateted object of wich you can be proud of when you are finished.In that chapter also, you can find out that there is more than one manner to accomplish something. One time I could not find a function Dariush explained, and ended up using a differend approach, with the same result:P.

I am not yet finished with the book but sofar, I love it... I can see my understanding of 3D and Skills growing everyday.