Profile for Christian M Hancock > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christian M Hancock RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Crystal Clear Transparent - Nintendo DS Lite Complete Full Housing Shell Case Replacement Repair w/ Hinge Set
Offered by ValueDeluxe
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, March 28, 2015
This is way higher quality than I would have expected for 10 bucks. Everything fits nicely once you figure out how to do it. They provide a walkthough of disassembly and reassembly online, which covers about 95% of the process. The only quirk is the housing comes with some extra sceen/frame parts that are optional, but they're a few different pieces and it's not obvious which are for the top/bottom screen, and what parts I should be tearing apart on the existing screens. But if your screens aren't damaged, you can just ignore them.

I've switched housings on a PSP and the housing was obviously cheap and off-brand, but I genuinely can't tell that this housing isn't official. I'm almost convinced that it IS, except that I don't remember Nintendo selling any clear DS lites.

If you've disassembled a laptop before, I don't think you'd have much trouble doing this. Just a little more frustrating.

Personna Double Edge Razor Blades, 100 Count
Personna Double Edge Razor Blades, 100 Count
Price: $13.19
22 used & new from $6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, February 23, 2015
Only brand of razors I know of that offer bulk packaging like this. Part of the reason I switched to safety razors was to cut down on the plastic waste, so buying a hundred blades in sets of 5 or 10 with plastic cases seemed counterproductive. This packaging is very compact, and the blades are just individually wrapped in wax paper. Blade quality seems good, though I'd suggest getting a small pack of Personna first if you've never tried them. Everyone likes different blades.

Dickies Mens 38mm Leather Belt With Two Row Stitch, Brown, 36
Dickies Mens 38mm Leather Belt With Two Row Stitch, Brown, 36
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars one size up was only barely enough, February 23, 2015
I have a 33" waist currently so I got the size 36. Just barely fits, snugly into the second notch so it just barely makes it into the loop. If I bought again with the same waist size I'd get the 38.

Gootium 40193KA Canvas Genuine Leather Cross Body Chest Pack,Khaki
Gootium 40193KA Canvas Genuine Leather Cross Body Chest Pack,Khaki
Offered by Otium
Price: $81.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for work and urban lifestyle, January 6, 2015
I've been using this bag almost daily for 8 months now with no complaints -- bringing it to work every day and taking it with me on downtown trips and long trips on planes etc. I'm not particularly rough with it, but it holds up great for everyday use. Pretty much is still Like New for me. You can fit a LOT of stuff in this little thing. I usually have an 8" Android tablet, 2 sketchbooks (similar to the little moleskines), a pencil bag and sharpener, Nintendo 3DS, phone battery, and other little stuff like toothpicks and medicine. That's about maximum capacity for this thing, but it beats lugging around a standard backpack for sure.

So yeah, it's a quality product! I will say the bag I got had no logos plastered anywhere. It's likely to change a lot with bags like this that are most likely made in China and given multiple brand names.

Grip-iT Analog Stick Covers
Grip-iT Analog Stick Covers
Price: $4.99
6 used & new from $3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars good for sticks with the rubber worn off, December 1, 2014
If your stick's rubber coating has eroded away exposing the smaller hard plastic surface, this is an easy way to make it comfortable again. It's a loose fit and easily pops off, but the pressure of using the stick is enough to keep it firmly in place during use. Not sure if the rubber coating deteriorating is a common issue or if it's just my old third party controller, but thought I would mention it.

On a normal stick in good condition it fits perfectly. Definitely recommend.

Xbox 360 Controller Custom Mod Kit - CLEAR - Thumbsticks, Dpad, RB LB, ABXY, Trim, Triggers, Guide
Offered by E-MODS GAMING(TM)
Price: $5.90
9 used & new from $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars missing/different parts, December 1, 2014
It kind of goes without saying, but don't get these for a third party controller! I didn't notice mine wasn't an official Xbox 360 controller until I after I ordered this. Of course, I'm not giving a negative review for that. I took some points off because the ABXY buttons are just simple clear buttons with no lettering, unlike what is shown in the photos. My kit is also missing a D-pad. Otherwise the quality seems okay. Some scratches/fogging and a few bubbles, but what you'd expect for 6 dollars.

Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive (Black)
Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE/8x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive (Black)
Offered by Computer Upgrade King
Price: $56.40
13 used & new from $52.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and easy install, November 30, 2014
The BD-rom drive in my ASUS G74SX stopped reading discs in the past year, so I finally replaced it with this. Totally painless to install, no drivers to worry about or anything. The one caveat is it was set to the wrong region, so I had to change that. But I can't see that being a deal breaker for 99.9% of people. I probably won't ever actually burn a bluray disc, but it's nice to have that added functionality for such a low price.

Cable Matters® (2-Pack) Micro-USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) Adapter
Cable Matters® (2-Pack) Micro-USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) Adapter
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 30, 2014
Tested on a Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8.0, and Vivotab Smart. Mouse and keyboard both work great. For the heck of it, I even plugged a PS3 controller into my Galaxy Note 8.0 and it worked, which is downright shocking.

16 FEATHER DERBY 7 O'clock ASTRA NACET BIC BLUEBIRD Blade Sampler
16 FEATHER DERBY 7 O'clock ASTRA NACET BIC BLUEBIRD Blade Sampler
Offered by Wish4Star
Price: $18.95
4 used & new from $11.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine sampler, November 30, 2014
Paying a premium for the convenience is worth it if you're new to shaving with a safety razor. I was skeptical, but there's definitely a noticeable difference between each blade. Certain blades, I assume the sharper ones, will give me a bunch of tiny nicks on my neck, while other blades are nick-free. I'm glad I bought this pack because the most popular brands I've seen on Amazon such as Astra, Derby, and Feather are turning out to be the worst shave for me. The "best" blade is not the same for everyone though.

I only wish it came with 2 of each blade as it's difficult to judge when you're also still getting the hang of the razor.

Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl Lined Detail Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl Lined Detail Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Price: $39.31
2 used & new from $39.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with cheaper, this is affordable and perfect, October 19, 2014
Leaps and bounds better than the $12 Chinese razor I got to "try out" safety razors without spending much. I wouldn't bother going that route, and just start with this instead. The cheap twist-to-opens are a much worse experience, and I really can't see anyone disliking safety razors if they currently use mach3-style cartridges. With the cheap twist-to-open, I wasn't nicking myself particularly more than with this, but I could distinctly tell that a razor blade was running down my face. This is because the cheap twist-to-open doesn't bend the blade nearly as much, leaving it almost completely straight against your face. More importantly, the blade stuck out a bit from the top and bottom guards, making it very aggressive. This Edwin Jagger razor bends the blade nicely and it's lined up with the guards almost perfectly, so if you feel the two guards against your face you know it's working.

With this Edwin, I can barely tell there's a blade at all, but it's still delivers an extremely close shave. Only got significant nicks on my neck, which is always a problem area with shaving. I've only shaved with safety razors about 5 times at this point, so I'm sure I'll learn how to go easier on my neck with time. The nicks aren't more severe than with a mach3, though.

The fear of safety razors is largely misinformed, it's very difficult to cut yourself significantly. Don't be scared! It takes a while to get the hang of but the lifetime of saving an extremely large amount of money is well worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4