Profile for PhotoBuff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PhotoBuff RSS Feed

LEGO Ninjago Spinjitzu Starter Set 2257
LEGO Ninjago Spinjitzu Starter Set 2257
Offered by Brian's Toys
Price: $16.21
34 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars kids like it, May 19, 2011
nothing special about these toys, except the kids love them, they keep spinning against each other, changing characters and weapons. if your kids are into the ninjago series then they will like what they get. it is easy to assemble and easy to play.

LEGO Ninjago Zane 2113
LEGO Ninjago Zane 2113
Offered by Barking Waters
Price: $54.95
7 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars kids loved it, May 19, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago Zane 2113 (Toy)
my kids are both interested in the Ninjago series, by now they do have all the characters, they play it or the time and they mix and match the characters and the weapons.

Fisher-Price Imaginext Big Foot The Monster
Fisher-Price Imaginext Big Foot The Monster
24 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars kids were very excited about it, January 31, 2011
We bought this for the kids after we had them save half what it costs, they were very excited when they received it, played with it for a day or two and now it is collecting dust in the toy room. Talking to the kids about it, they got bored because it repeats the same motions, initially it was cool but after a while it is predictable. The toy itself is sturdy, battery life is good but it takes a while to charge, the leaf and the ball that came with it are nice additions. Is it worth the price? from a product point of view maybe I mean a lot of work had been put into it specifically programming the micro etc, but from a value point of view? I would discuss it with my kids first.

Fujifilm FinePix XP10 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Green)
4 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This camera performs exactly to its specification, August 26, 2010
I read through most of the reviews when I decided to purchase this camera and unfortunately most of them did not help me and made me cautious about buying this camera. To help other folks decide I am writing this review based on heavy usage in this camera.

First of all I picked the Green color in case I lose the camera in the water it is easier to see than the black or gray. I bought this camera to use it at the waterparks and the lakes we visit during the summer. This camera went with us to 3 different waterparks and 2 different lakes. I always had it in my swim trunks pocket regardless of what I was doing: swimming, building sand castle with the kids, playing in the water etc.

Verdict: this camera performed exactly the way it is supposed to work, it was tight enough to disallow water or sand to go into the battery compartment. Picture quality was not the best however I did not expect a superb quality. But I was able to take pictures that I would not have able to take without it. sometimes you have to wipe the glass in front of the lens because a drop of water can ruin a picture. The camera was slow to focus (I played with all modes) but again waterparks I went to were mostly indoors (light conditions). Under water both the video and still were awesome, I took very nice shots of my kids going under water. Depending on shooting conditions, the pictures sometimes turn out to be grainy, but again this is a function of the ISO and the shutter speed to get the picture.
Beware of the battery, the battery life is really short, I recommend you purchase a spare battery and have it on hand during the day because you will run out of batteries. Per trip I average about 200 pictures and videos, and I usually get about 80 pictures to print or keep. Keep in mind that a lot of shots are thrown out due to composition (which is a user error and not a camera error).
Summary: If you are purchasing this camera to use it only at the beach/water you will be happy, but if you are planning to use it as a walk around camera you will be disappointed.