Profile for Airedad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Airedad RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ballistic Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - Black
Ballistic Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by S+D Accessories
Price: Click here to see our price
43 used & new from $13.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommended - in it my phone survived a 6-foot drop onto a tile floor., August 8, 2014
I love this case. I did buy it to replace one exactly like it (same model, etc.) - but only because while it protects the phone while in use, I have to take the phone out of it to get it into my desktop charging stand (where it lives about 10 hours a day while I'm at work).

The reason that I had to replace it was that although it will protect the phone from being dropped on a concrete floor, it did not survive being chewed up by a 105lb/48kg puppy. Sigh. (Next time I'll put it out of his reach.)

One thing I love about this case (besides the way it protects the phone) is that it's so easy to remove if and when I need to - in this respect it is much better than the really high-end case I had previously which wouldn't let me put the phone in the charging stand and which almost wouldn't let me insert the USB cable to charge it.

Antec Tricool 3 Speed 120mm Case Fan
Antec Tricool 3 Speed 120mm Case Fan
Offered by Parts Collection
Price: $6.77
7 used & new from $0.70

4.0 out of 5 stars An OK fan which works as advertised, August 8, 2014
I was building a system for a friend, and he wanted a particular Antec case - and had specified this fan for it. (Not my choice, but good components notwithstanding.)

It works as advertised, and the only complaint that I have is that it doesn't come with an adapter to plug directly into the motherboard so that it's speed can be read (Although I have an adapter that lets me do just that).

The speed control - 3-speed choices - is a nice touch, although in this situation I had to leave all 4 of these (I had 3 on hand and got one more from Amazon) on the fastest setting since that machine tends to run hot even though the CPU is water-cooled.

XION AXP Alphawing Series 140mm, H.S.B Bearing Retail Computer Case Cooling, AXP-GF140-WT (Black Frame with White Blades)
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good case fan, August 8, 2014
I actually ordered these fans by mistake (wrong item) and was going to return them. But I had to replace several 140mm fans, and these had just arrived, so I decided to keep them and use them anyway.

They work very well - although the manufacturer's model FN 140RB moves a bit more air.

But I'm happy with them, they work exactly as advertised, they should last a long time, and I would recommend them to friends.

NZXT 140mm Performance Case Fan FN 140RB  (Black/White)
NZXT 140mm Performance Case Fan FN 140RB (Black/White)
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well - definitely recommended, August 8, 2014
The fan works very smoothly and does what its manufacturer claims it does. It is also relatively quiet, and the cabling on the leads - along with the 4-pin connector head - is a nice plus.

Definitely recommended.

AT&T S10-S1 Remote Control
AT&T S10-S1 Remote Control
Offered by Phat Satellite
Price: $9.00
22 used & new from $0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement. Works perfectly., August 8, 2014
Good replacement. Works perfectly.

We have four sets, and two of the controls were old and had been dropped more times than I like to remember. Those two died about a day apart and I started looking for replacements.

The ones I got work perfectly (and I have a spare in case one of the others dies). And Amazon did a surprisingly good job because they got here several days earlier than expected. Definitely recommended.

Irwin Industrial Tools 223106 Clutch Lock 6-Inch Bar Clamp
Irwin Industrial Tools 223106 Clutch Lock 6-Inch Bar Clamp
Offered by KTOOLCONNECTION
Price: $15.37
29 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clamp - Works exactly as advertised., August 8, 2014
Works exactly as advertised. I have several of these and I needed to replace one which I had borrowed from a friend for a special project.

Entirely satisfactory and I feel I got good value for the money.

Cooler Master JetFlo 120 - POM Bearing 120mm High Performance Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators (Black)
Offered by LLYtech
Price: $21.99
32 used & new from $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap, BUT worth every penny - and more, August 8, 2014
I have an early Cooler Master case (http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Cosmos-Tower-Silver/dp/B000ULLN1Y/ref=sr_1_66?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1407508279&sr=1-66&keywords=cases) which is great except that it runs hot. (Nothing is overclocked, and yes, I had cleaned all filters and fans, made sure that there were no obstructions, internal or external. And I had also checked to see whether all fans were running at their rated speeds.)

Even with the 2 140mm and 2 120 mm fans I had been using, the box still ran with typical case and CPU temperatures of ~45-46C and 56-58C, respectively. with occasional temp spikes on the CPU of the mid 60C's. I first replaced the 2 140mm fans (in the top of the case) with higher capacity fans, and it helped a little but not not by more than 1-2 degrees.

Then (because I don't want to go to water cooling in that location) I bought 2 of these and installed them.

Bingo - the internal temp now hovers around 34C and the CPU stays down around 43-47C.

While I can't say that the entire change is caused by these two fans, I did a test, replacing them with (new) fans similar to the ones these had replaced, and the temp went right back up to where it had been. (Naturally I put them back in place after that.) So IMHO they were the "straw that broke the camel's back" on the temperature situation, and they were the trigger that got enough air moving through the case to keep the temps down.

Definitely recommended, and I will be buying several more of these for the other machines I have which have "higher than optimal" internal temps. (And I really wish there were a 140mm version of this fan since I can't mount a 200mm fan on this machine.)

Remanufactured HP 940 XL Ink Set Cartridge For Officejet 4 Pack
Remanufactured HP 940 XL Ink Set Cartridge For Officejet 4 Pack
Offered by E-z ink
Price: $7.99
10 used & new from $4.31

2.0 out of 5 stars They work, BUT ..., June 11, 2014
When they work they're fine. Actually I bought 2 sets of these trying to save money.

The problems so far:

1. The printer can't tell how much ink is in ANY of them.
2. My printer refused to work with one of them completely complaining that it was too old to use.
3. The yellow cartridge ran out of ink after I had printed only 4 color photos (4"x6" on photo paper).
4. One of them (the yellow one) also leaked.

For the price they were OK, and the leak occurred AFTER I removed the cartridge because it showed empty and stopped working in the printer. I have no idea way. I'm just glad it didn't leak IN the OfficeJet.

I also have to wonder whether the yellow cartridge ran out of ink so quickly because most of the ink had leaked out before it was packaged.

I probably won't buy these again. But if you're short of money and need ink, they're out there and some people have had better results than I have, so YMMV.

FURminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Dogs, Giant (101010)
FURminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Dogs, Giant (101010)
Price: $37.31
7 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on 3 large Airedales, June 11, 2014
I have Oorang Airedales (the giants of the breed - my 23-month-old puppy is 31" at the shoulder and weighs 110 # - and is still growing). Two of them have EXTREMELY hard and very wiry coats. (One of them burned out a set of Oster clippers even with a new ceramic blade).

I have to strip two of them, and between groomings 2 or 3 times a week all 3 of them get "cleaned up" first with this an Evolution Grooming Undercoat Rake with Rotating Teeth <http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-W6110-Grooming-Undercoat-Rotating/dp/B0002DIRYG/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1402553438&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Evolution+W6110+Grooming+Undercoat+Rake> and then with a this Furminator. I also use both before I do a real stripping (yes with stripping knives).

Actually this I own 2 other Furminators, (small and large) but this one is my favorite. And to be honest when I bought this, the first one's handle broke almost immediately, but Amazon replaced it and this second one has held up just fine.

Using the Furminator by itself works OK, but using the Evolution Rake first cuts the grooming time roughly in half - and none of my Airedales, all of whom have very wiry coats - seems to mind my using it on him or her.

Recommended.

Evolution W6110 Grooming Undercoat Rake with Rotating Teeth, Double Row
Evolution W6110 Grooming Undercoat Rake with Rotating Teeth, Double Row
Price: $12.99
16 used & new from $4.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well on 3 large Airedales..., June 11, 2014

I have to strip two of them, and between groomings 2 or 3 times a week all 3 of them get "cleaned up" first with this rake and then with a giant Furminator. I also use both before I do a real stripping (yes with strippin knives).

I used to use the Furminator by itself, but using this first cuts the grooming time roughly in half - and none of my Airedales, all of whom have very wiry coats - seems to mind my using it on him or her.

Recommeended.