Profile for blumuun > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

blumuun RSS Feed

Couristan 2715/0706 Anatolia Royal Plume 2-Feet 7-Inch by 7-Feet 10-Inch Rug, Cream and Plum
Price: $89.00
4 used & new from $89.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice thick rug but COLOR is more GOLD, June 9, 2012
This is a nice rug, thicker and softer than I expected, and it arrived very quickly (less than 3 days); however the image, and I've viewed on several diff monitors, is really off w/ the colors. The rug is much more GOLD in main background and tone. Some of the figures on this image that appear green are not even green at all; and the parts that appear navy are closer to black. The quality and look of rug is still nice, it's just not he overall color tone I was expecting. and the very outside border is the background color and appears much mnore bright, light, and prominent in person than the picture where you don't even notice it. I should say that I ordered the runners so we just have the center of the pattern but also the border is different. the very outter part w/ sort of hearts taht you see in the picture is not there, rather the outer border is more solid gold/cream. just be forewarned on the colors and you'll be happy. not sure if I'll return as they're for kitchen so not a focal point and they still match pretty well. it's OK for the price - not a steal but OK.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 1:29 PM PDT

Having Your Baby Through Egg Donation
Having Your Baby Through Egg Donation
by Ellen Sarasohn Glazer
84 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Astonished by the 5* reviews for this! Very derogatory for those over 40, September 24, 2009
I checked out this book from the library since it seemed to be so well-reviewed and there wasn't, at that time, a lot of books like it. Thank goodness I did not waste my money on it! I will admit I did not read the entire book once I ran into the authors' negativity toward older (i.e. over 40) parents. If you are over 40, please just do not read this book. I will refrain from being completely unleashed in my opinion here, as that wouldn't really help anyone and probably just increase my own anger and negativity. And I'm sure you, like me, already have enough weighing you down what with probably trying to conceive on your own or with help and your own eggs for some time but failing - before investigating the use of donor eggs. This book will only make you feel worse. It is unfortunate that the author even feels the need to opine on the age issue, as it is obviously a completely subjective topic. Within reason, of course - I mean I think most people would agree that perhaps over 70 would be "on the old side" to be having a pregnancy :-) Many, if not the majority, of women seeking to use DE are probably over 40 - that is a leading reason for looking into this option in the first place, it is assumed that over-40 eggs are not optimally viable. I hope that the author reads some of this criticism and realizes the immense disservice to the women struggling to have a child and may find themselves to be over 40. And I truly hope that neither the author nor anyone close to her faces the pain of being in that position; she just may find that her views are not so solid on this topic after all.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars why doesn't amazon police this??, November 19, 2007
so if this bag is a fake, why doesn't amazon pull this seller or item? has anyone reported it?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2008 10:21 AM PDT