Profile for S. Kahn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Kahn "S K" RSS Feed

Bose OE2 audio headphones  Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Bose OE2 audio headphones Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Wizard-Electroland
Price: $149.95
11 used & new from $44.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly improved design. Hugely worsened sound., October 31, 2011
After 3-4 years of constant use, it is time to retire my Bose OE1's. They survived 8 cable replacements, dozens of drops and cord pullouts, stuffed in bags and worn around my neck. I definitely got my money's worth so I was thrilled to see a new model.

Most components of the OE2's appear to be 10% scaled down but otherwise the same sturdy plastic. The swivel hinge has been redesigned and is more robust. They now also "click" solidly into their open position and are significantly lighter; 3.4oz vs 4.6oz.

The cable jack has also been improved. The old model required a male-female cable and the free end hung down and brushed against my neck. On the new model, a male-male cord plugs directly into the earcup. This is more comfortable and also should make it cheaper to replace cables when they inevitably wear out from use.

However the most important factor is sound quality. I am not an audiophile and not very picky, but when switching from the old to the new model, I noticed the sound quality drop dramatically. It became muffled, like a placing a pillow over a speaker. On the same volume setting, the music is significantly quieter and "further away". Instruments blend together and sound muddy. Side by side, the new OE2 simply sound terrible.

When listening to audio-books, I even struggle to understand words that are perfectly clear on my OE1's. This is unacceptably bad on a $150 item. After 20+ hours of use it has not improved at all. It could be that they require a longer break-in period but the change would have to be extreme for them to approach the quality of the OE1's.

A new model should improve on the old. These improve in small ways on everything except what matters most; making your audio content sound clear and beautiful. I am very disappointed and I will likely be returning mine.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2013 10:35 AM PST

STU4GPCS Pico-C 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Silver)
STU4GPCS Pico-C 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Silver)
Offered by Platinum Micro, Inc.
Price: $8.00
19 used & new from $3.66

2.0 out of 5 stars How can something so small, be too big?, October 5, 2010
When you buy a USB flash drive, you really really shouldn't have to sand it in order to get it to fit the port. (I use a mac)

The drive is tiny, fits well on my keychain, and WAS very attractive until I had to ruin the finish. Its a shame because it might have been the perfect flash drive apart from the glaring oversight.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for cats. Mediocre for hands., September 25, 2009
I bought this to replace the harsh, metal brush I was using that snagged my cat's fur and made yer yelp and bite. Not only is this product gentler never irritates her, but to my surprise, it picks up much more hair as well. The rubber prongs seem to attract the hair like a magnet. No complaints in that dept.

My only problem is with the design.It doesn't fit my hand very well and tends to shift around. The thumb pad is totally extraneous, and its hot, and tends to make my hand sweat. I would definitely buy a product that had the same brushing surface but on a stick instead. In fact, I may take this one apart and make on myself.

Brief History of Rhyme: Greatest Hits
Brief History of Rhyme: Greatest Hits

1.0 out of 5 stars Lamer than lame., October 4, 2007
Gets old after about 30 seconds. Hawking rehashes his mediocre schtick over and over again but its not listenable music by any stretch of the imagination. It seems that these amazon album reviews self-select for positive ones but its still jaw-dropping that this album is 4-5 stars. Don't waste your money. (or even bandwith) Seriously, don't.

Murda Muzik
Murda Muzik
Price: $7.29
77 used & new from $0.12

5.0 out of 5 stars P holds the pen tightly., June 4, 2007
This review is from: Murda Muzik (Audio CD)
This was one of like 10 cd's i had back in junior high. I probly got a hundred, maybe a hundred and fifty listens on this album and still throw it on. The beats would sound raw and innovative if they came out now and it came out in 99. Prodigy is a hella good story teller, sounding both tough and intelligent on every track. His vocals are layered and well delivered. You'll catch a new nuance to his rhyme pattern or pick up on a reference or metaphor you never noticed each time you hear it, and "Adrenaline" is probably the hypest song on the album and it does its thing quietly; make you damn near break your neck on that bassline.

Maroons: Ambush
Maroons: Ambush
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $4.80
56 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for me., June 4, 2007
This review is from: Maroons: Ambush (Audio CD)
I can see why people really enjoy this album. Its well produced and has good flow. But there's a quality to the delivery that is distracting to me. Its the same problem i have with Jurassic 5. I think its safe to say that if you like J5 grab this, you'll like it. But if you find them curiously annoying you will find this album annoying in the same way.

First Family 4 Life
First Family 4 Life
Price: $13.49
36 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo Dreams Have Now Been Fulfilled!, June 4, 2007
This review is from: First Family 4 Life (Audio CD)
If the only MOP you know is the Ante Up remix with Busta on the radio, then you're in for a surprise. They make rock solid albums all the way through and this is no exception. Probably the best thing about MOP and this album is that they stay hard all the way through the choruses. Lotta other artists have nice verses but put some annoying r&b type, poorly written stuff in between. With MOP its straight call and response, catchy lines, twisting up the rhyme pattern but no nonsense. Check out the beginning of "Handle Ur Bizness" for an example.

I like the production on most of the tracks. The beat on Brooklyn/Jersey Get Wild is surprisingly harmonious but it really works in contrast with the vocals. My only criticism is that there's very little breathing room on this album. Its got a lot fewer skits or soft tracks than most of their other ones so it has the feeling of being always on. But thats what MOP is about anyway. Being in your face and not backing down. This album is a must have in my book.