Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Delaney > Reviews

Browse

Delaney's Profile

Customer Reviews: 935

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Delaney RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Earth Women's Traveler Sneaker Suede/Mesh
Earth Women's Traveler Sneaker Suede/Mesh
Price: $19.90 - $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought under the influence, and I love them, May 22, 2016
Okay, I'll be honest, I was shopping under the influence of wine, everything wine colored sounds like a good idea. I apparently hit the proceed to checkout button, darn you Amazon and saving my payment information. I think Amazon knows we drink and shop. Okay, so when the wine shoes showed up, I honestly don't even remember looking at them. Initially, I thought they were a little heinous in broad sober daylight, but my mom was over and she said they were so cute and that I should try them on.

I tried them on, they were really comfortable, and they looked kind of fun.

I have metal plates in my right leg. I am so lucky to suffer cankles every summer as a result. So comfy shoes are not an easy find. The next day I wore them to walk dogs, run errands, and do some light yard work. My feet were uber comfy, not at all fatigued like normal. And later when I was relaxing I didn't have restless leg feelings. So, these are pretty comfy for the long haul of a day. And to top it off, my mother called me to ask if I would find and order her a pair of shoes. I got her the navy, both of us rocking wine shoes seemed a little too cutesy.

So this along with the green glasses I bought under the influence of wine are my two favorite accidental wine induced purchases.

Light Mountain Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Medium Brown, 4 oz (113 g) (Pack of 3)
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $13.24
15 used & new from $13.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Ten silver hairs mocking me, May 22, 2016
I have tried and tried this product, and it works great.....except those random gray hairs are still gray when I'm done. I stopped using a lot of chemicals in my home, on my body, in my body, and wherever else I can cut down. Alas I am not ready to have grey hair. I have not really grey hair but a few bright silver strands on my head. I followed the henna directions to a tee the very first use, as well as looking at Helena blogs and doing a little research. I figured out time release, and I did a skin test, I did a strand test. After I finish the dye process which is time consuming, but not a big deal, my hair is healthy, full, shiny, soft, but those stinking silver hairs are staring at me, they may even be smiling a little with their smug little silverness.

I tried this three times, not in a row, several weeks in between. I cannot get those silvers to turn. I am on the fence if I should try the grey hair formula, as I have maybe ten silver hairs. Prior to using light mountain, I dyed my hair with coffee and had kind of amazing results with color, but I think over time the acid coffee was drying out my hair or encouraging breakage.

I would really like this to work. I did buy; a long while ago, but I'm sure they are still available, a dying kit. The kit has a plastic mixing bowl, brushes for application, plastic clips, and gloves. This kit is pretty essential for home dying. At least the brushes are pretty handy for henna.

iMeshbean® 100LV Dog Pet Trainer Training Collar for 2 Dogs Shock and Vibration with LCD Display & Remote USA Seller
Offered by Newgate--iMeshbean® (Ships from CA)
Price: $19.18
2 used & new from $19.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries drain, never got to use it for multiple uses., May 18, 2016
First time out, great, my dogs only needed to hear the beep to behave. I used this for 45 minutes the first use, not constant, but overall 45 minutes. The second use the batteries were dead. I chalked this up to estremely cheap starter batteries. I bought expensive long life batteries (which were only available at the battery store) from Duracell for the next use. I used for a total of ten minutes. On the third use the collar batteries and the remote batteries were dead again. I spent $16.00 on quality batteries and got less than 10 minutes of use out of this unit. If it worked, great. Unfortunately this didn't work, and I wasn't willing to pay $16.00 each time it needed batteries since it turned out they needed new batteries every ten minutes.

Tried to return the unit and was offered a $3.00 refund for batteries - since I spent $32.00 on batteries this hardly a satisfactory response.

Lixit 30-0752-006 Q-Lock Carrier Crock, 20-Ounce
Lixit 30-0752-006 Q-Lock Carrier Crock, 20-Ounce
Offered by PetsTek
Price: $13.36
7 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If your dog isn't destructive and remarkably clever this bowl might last you a long time., May 14, 2016
I was pretty excited about this bowl at first. Several foster dogs have come and gone through our house and used this water crock with good success. It twists off easily from the base, the bowl stays put so the dogs aren't laying about in their water. I liked that it was the iron rings that water bowls fit into, I have heard that some dogs have gotten stuck in those bowls and have hurt themselves.

So why three stars? We kennels our 8 pound dog one day. She hadn't been behaving very well with the other dogs and we decided that she needed a space of her own for a day. We put our teeny tiny dog into the kennel, we secured her water, we were gone for two hours, when we came home the base of the crock was in little tiny pieces. I have no idea how she did it, but the crock was in one piece, the base was destroyed. I can not for the life of me figure this out. If you have a clever or destructive dog, this might not be the carrier water bowl for you. For most of our dogs this crock worked well, and even after little bit broke this water bowl, we bought another one. But the next time she needs quarantine we will have to use an industrial strength water bowl.

NUTRO MAX Adult Grain Free Recipe With Farm Raised Chicken Dry Dog Food 4 Pounds
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't try it myself, but four of our dogs did., May 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Dog food is an oddly touchy subject.

Some people feel that you don't need to think about it to much. Some people are passionately advocating for dog food, raw food, or holistic foods. Some people feed their pets the same brand/variety of food for the dog's entire life. Others change their dogs' food often. I used to not think about it. I'm careful about what my family eats, I love my pets, I'm careful about what they eat.

We are generally pleased with rotating Nutro through our dogs' food cycle. We switch up our dogs' food regularly with one base food. We have three resident dogs and we usually have one or two foster dogs at home too. The only Nutro Max brand we can't get all of our pups to eat is the salmon flavor. I have one little stinker that resists all varieties of fish in food. The chicken variety is a pretty big hit. We add a variety of whole grains to the home made food we add to a high quality kibble. But we generally like to be in control of the grains we give our dogs. I have one dog who is beyond picky, but is also on a high protein diet.

So we mixed this variety into our standing kibble and my three resident dogs ate all their hard kibble, we consider this a successful food. I have one foster dog at home right now who has been particularly challenging with food. The foster pup liked the wild frontier variety of Nutro, but he wasn't having this food. The Foster pup actually didn't eat any of our dry kibble, he just ate the home cooked food. I won't hold his opinion against this food, he has been quite a challenge in food, beds, sunny windows, treats, squeaky toys.....etcetera.

Jarrow Formulas Broccomax Nutritional Supplements, 120 Count
Jarrow Formulas Broccomax Nutritional Supplements, 120 Count
Offered by Pure Health eStore
Price: $42.42
2 used & new from $42.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey and can't always remember to take them, but the science and explanation is sound., May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think this is awesome, there is a lot of research regarding sulforaphane. The problem most manufacturers have had is making sure that enough of the nutrients make it to the intestines.

I once had a doctor tell me that if a vitamin or supplement company can back up their product with science and the route it takes, it's probably worth trying.

My problems are, the cost. Secondly I forget to take medications, I have had a brain injury, I usually need to set a reminder on my phone, but I don't eat at the same time every day, you have to take this either a half hour before or half hour after a meal. I leave this supplement in the cupboard on top of the plates. So, lunch is the only meal I'm not at home to eat, so I can only remember to take this twice a day.

NUTRO Wild Frontier Open Valley Recipe Grain Free Chicken Dry Dog Food 4 Pounds
NUTRO Wild Frontier Open Valley Recipe Grain Free Chicken Dry Dog Food 4 Pounds
Price: $18.98
4 used & new from $18.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent food, five pleased customers., May 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Dog food is an oddly touchy subject.

Some people feel that you don't need to think about it to much. Some people are passionately advocating for dog food, raw food, or holistic foods. Some people feed their pets the same brand/variety of food for it's entire life. Others change their dogs' food often. I used to not think about it. I'm careful about what my family eats, I love my pets, I'm careful about what they eat.

We have three dogs. We take in numerous foster dogs. My oldest dog started having seizures a few years ago, and the prescribed medication was a medication I had been on at one time. I hated that medication and how I felt on it. I talked to the vet about other options for our older dog, we made a plan to give him a higher protein diet, whole grains, fresh fruits, and veggies. I make most of my dog's food every week, but he gets a 3/4 of a cup of a high protein, good quality, hard food every day and 1/2 a cup of homemade food. As a result he has been seizure free for three years.

We have a high quality base food that we always purchase (it's the one food all of our dogs have always liked). Then we mix a high protein dog food variety with our base food. To make sure that our dogs are always getting a wide variety of nutrients and amino acids for complete nutrition. We have had success with Nutro on several occasions, all three of my resident dogs love the Nutro food variety that has freeze dried fruits and veggies in it. Like I said we have tried other Nutro varieties and have had success. Success for dog food at our house is getting at least two of our resident dogs to eat the new mixed in variety food. (How can we tell, my dogs actually pick out food they don't like. I have one dog that hates green beans and picks them out and leaves them next to his bowl.)

All three resident dogs ate this Nutro variety. I also have two foster dogs right now, one of them would probably eat rocks if they were in his bowl, so he would eat any food. However, my other Foster is incredibly picky and even turns his nose up and walks away from his bowl if he doesn't like his food. I presented him with his dinner, he gave it a sniff, he looked at the bowl, nosed things around and then went to town on that bowl. He ate it all and licked up all crumbs.

This food can be added to our regular food rotation.

Spectrum Naturals Organic Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil Packets, 10 Count
Spectrum Naturals Organic Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil Packets, 10 Count
Price: $13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use. Coconut oil is super versatile., May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was reluctant to jump on the coconut oil bandwagon, but as I moved to more natural food and homemade products - coconut oil was becoming a recurring ingredient in recipes. I also make a majority of our dog's food. A recurring ingredient for dog food and treats is coconut oil. My dogs absolutely flip for coconut oil, I can take a small spoonful and divide it in to four equal portions and they will lap it up as is.

I use coconut oil in smoothies, energy bars, we use it as the oil to coat the pan for making traditional Indian dishes, we use it in our soap, our lotion, our deodorant, and in our lip balm.

While I hate a lot of waste, I am grateful for the ease of the single packets to use a little bit at my mid morning snack. Give the dogs a nip before dinner. Coat the pan. Later make a batch of conditioner. This coconut oil travels well for taking it with you. It's easy to use in a pinch, I can just squeeze out what we need. I have tried a few other individual packet coconut oil brands, this packet is larger than our others, less of a one time use, more of a family use packet.

Eucerin Baby Wash and Shampoo, 13.5 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Eucerin Baby Wash and Shampoo, 13.5 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Price: $22.47
9 used & new from $22.02

5.0 out of 5 stars For everyone, but safe enough for baby, May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is incredibly gentle. We have transitioned to less chemicals in our house. According to the skin deep database,Eucerin baby wash is a level two for concern, meaning a low level risk. I personally used this on my hair and skin - I avoided the face - this felt somewhat drying on my face, but every where else this soap was great. No scent. My own hair is fine and wavy and this formula left my hair clean without stripping it.

I was happy with the cleansing power and it was incredibly gentle on our skin. This is an all family soap, not just baby, but it's safe enough for baby.

NUTRO MAX Puppy Recipe With Farm Raised Chicken Dry Dog Food 4 Pounds
NUTRO MAX Puppy Recipe With Farm Raised Chicken Dry Dog Food 4 Pounds
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Picky puppy finally ate, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Could not have come at a better time. We had a puppy foster dog and he was not eating. I thought for sure, he would get hungry and go in for the food. He did not. We had him checked out, health wise and he was doing alright. The vet suggested a few different brands, and this one popped up on her list. I liked the the chickens were farm raised, so we gave it a whirl.

Our little guy sniffed, turned up his nose and walked away. A few minutes later he came back and started nibbling the kibble. I don't know if he finally just got hungry, or if he just really liked the Nutro. Either way, we were grateful, and it was vet approved.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20