Profile for Delaney > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 727

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Delaney RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance LIT Mini Jumpin' Stix Duck Formula with Glucosamine and Chondroitin Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $11.64
8 used & new from $4.89

3.0 out of 5 stars One dog loved it the other was not interested, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Only one of our pups was into it. My Jack, schnauzer/westie mix is a bit pickier than most dogs. I thought he'd like it, it's a high protein snack with meat (duck) it's soft enough, but no. He'd take a nibble and leave it for Phelan our Cairn. Phelan loved them.

These are small little sticks. Maybe an inch long and a a quarter inch diameter. They are very squishy a little soft but a little tough too. Very odiferous.

Going Over
Going Over
by Beth Kephart
Price: $13.60
86 used & new from $0.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylistically a bummer, August 27, 2014
This review is from: Going Over (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really loved a book about the Berlin Wall. I think there are not enough of them. I think Beth Kephart is a phenomenal writer. I think she's smart. I think her prose are short and effective.

With all of that...my problem with the book was that the point if view us written alternatively. When It is an Ada chapter, the story is written in a first person perspective. When the chapter is a Stefan chapter it is written from the second person point of view. In the Ada chapters I felt engaged in the story. The Stefan chapters left me feeling detached and distanced from Stefan's story.

The story itself is good. And I think many will enjoy it. I just didn't enjoy the second person viewpoint. I felt like I was in and out of the story. One minute fully into it and then pushed back out of it.

The Underground Girls of Kabul: In Search of a Hidden Resistance in Afghanistan
The Underground Girls of Kabul: In Search of a Hidden Resistance in Afghanistan
by Jenny Nordberg
Price: $18.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully written, informative, great read., August 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave myself wretched headaches to finish this book. (I suffered a head injury afew years back and reading more than 15 mi utes is painful.). I found this book incredibly readable. It reads like a juicy conversation between your girlfriend.

After getting about halfway through I happened to be in a doctor's office and someone inquired about the book. We had a long conversation regarding patriarchal societies, the plight of women, and imagining feeling so desperate to please others that you would Lter the lives of your family members.

If you are just a quiet reader, this book reads well, informative, interesting and not at all preachy. You keep looking for more. But if you are a reader who gets excited and wants to discuss books, this would make an awesome book club selection. There are a lot of talking points and very interesting history to explore.

This is a great and informative read. Highly recommend.

Natural Balance Ingredient Treats Duck Meal Dental Chews for Small to Medium Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $18.98
16 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My picky dog ate 'em, August 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My Wauzer, (westie/schnauzer) is extremely picky. We have tried greenies...no dice. Other dental chews he doesn't even except them, he looks at them and walks away. We feed him a combination of Blue and Natural Balance because he really is that picky. I saw these and jumped at the chance. Jack has a tumor that always comes up in his gum line, (we get them removed, they grow back). So a lot of chews are too hard and he's not interested. Jack prefers a meaty/protein taste. Many treats fall short. I opened the bag, I saw my puppy dance. I pulled out the treat, still a little dance. I offered Jack the treat..he took it greedily and ran to his bed to devour it. Success.

My other dog...eats everything. So we were really looking for something they both love. So taste and texture were great for Jack. The other thing is that they are a 'dental' chew, Jack has yucky breath because, well, I think it's the little gum line tumor. He was much more tolerable to have breathing on me while we cuddled on the couch after a few days of chews.

Delta Power Tools 36-5052 Delta 10-Inch  Left Tilt Contractor Saw with 52-Inch  RH Rip
Delta Power Tools 36-5052 Delta 10-Inch Left Tilt Contractor Saw with 52-Inch RH Rip
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $1,349.99
3 used & new from $1,299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really beautiful precise cuts., August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well this is far and away the most powerful tool in my arsenal. I happen to get a bit excited about power tools, but usually get tools that are slightly less then what I need them for, unless my brother uses my tools says they stink and replaces the tool. I'm normally pretty amazing at putting things together. I did need a hand and I did take a break because I was annoyed, came back and had clarity. All total I think it took about four hours to put together. (which was much better than when my husband put together the treadmill)

This arrives in three large boxes, on a pallet by a freight company. The freight company around here called my three times before delivery. And they day it was delivered, they called again to confirm the arrival and covered it with plastic since it was storming. So awesome on that end. One box houses the table (yeah, it had its own box). The other big box houses the guts. The third box houses all the long pieces.

This sucker is huge by the way. Near 300 pound huge. From the base the curved legs are able to support the saw best. It is significantly sturdy. There are wheels on the one side, so you can tilt and take this giant saw for a walk. (my dogs are jealous). The tabletop is made of cast iron, there is an extension wing is labeled left and right, so that part was really easy to figure out.

The rail system is a one piece design - this helps with precision. My brother mentioned to me that contractor saws lose their precision over time. He mentioned that since the fence body is welded to an iron angle that this should eliminate the loss of precision. This was a small amount of Greek to me, so I poetically said, Huh? Apparently on older contractor saws say before 1995 the fence, fence rails, and mitre were not necessarily precise, even on professional grade machines. A quality saw has a heavier fence body. The fence when adjusted should hold it's position when the fence clamp is engaged. Older models may have teetered a bit once locked.

The on and off switch is gigantic. Simple to find, easy to operate. And once you press the off switch it is a matter of seconds between off and the blade stops spinning.

That extension table is optional. I put it on. Then I took it off because I really didn't need it at the time and it fit easier in the
workspace without it.

My first project was nothing major I was waiting patiently for this saw to arrive to make some simple shelves for a cat tower. Like I said it was not a major investment, but I didn't want to start something huge until I was familiar with it. It cuts like butter. It was obviously easy to maneuver and cut perfectly. I even had some pieces of counter top and it didn't split the linoleum counter top surface like my old saw did. It cuts so quickly and smoothly it was a pleasure to use. My old saw was a bit of a dinosaur and I'll admit that sometimes you would have to cut a few times to make sure the boards actually were the same size. So imagine my joy when the first time out all the cuts were the same. Granted they always should be, they just weren't always.

This baby is touted as heavy duty. I would agree. Now I'm scouring the internet for projects that I would not have attempted a few weeks ago. Delta gives it a five year warranty.

It really is the precision and the heavy duty that will keep you in love with this saw. It will be around for awhile. And it certainly can handle big jobs on a day to day basis.

Paris Was the Place
Paris Was the Place
by Susan Conley
Price: $19.33
97 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much story, not enough focus, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Paris Was the Place (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted so much to like this book. I loved other things I'd read by Susan Conley. I love Paris. I love poetry. I love strong women characters. This book, to me, lacked focus and as such I felt no real tie to any character.

Willow Pears goes to France...following her brother and college roommate. She goes to work at a school set up for women who are seeking political asylum because her college friend's husband suggests it. This in and of itself would have. Ace for a compelling story. A woman teaching passion and courage to women who are afraid and far from home. But there is the lawyer helping the women that Willie falls for. This could have been it's own story. And then there is the love and struggle that Willie's beloved brother is going through. Also a good story. But the writing feels distant from real thought and real emotion and I never had the chance to fall in love with a character or a plot line. I felt at arms lengthy from everyone.

Later in the story when Willie grieves I believe her grieve, but I just didn't care. I think there was far too much going on to focus. I think a book on Willie and her brother would have been great. I think a book focusing on Willie and the girls at the school would have been a phenomenal book.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Oversized 32 x 38" Jumbo Jenny Flour Sack Dishtowels, Set of 8, White
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love em. Super absorbent., August 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love these! They are huge. They are absorbent. I love them. I am always looking for these. Regular fuzzy towels are great for hands and bodies. These are amazing with dishes. Cuts the drying time. And we got home after a rainstorm to realize a window was open we used one towel to sop up the mess. It was great for the job.

My Name Is Bob
My Name Is Bob
by James Bowen
Price: $12.38
47 used & new from $5.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Aww. A bittersweet story about a street cat named Bob., August 18, 2014
This review is from: My Name Is Bob (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Awww. I work at an animal shelter. Volunteer with animals. Have animals in my home. I love them. I also volunteer regularily at the local homeless shelter. This book touches all those corners of my heart. Everything living and breathing needs a place to be comfortable, a place to belong. This book tells you how Bob became a street cat and his journey to find a place he belonged. The pictures are great. The story is sweet. Even the teenagers in the house enjoyed the book.

Allen Sports 5W USB Rechargeable Aluminum Light Set, Grey
Allen Sports 5W USB Rechargeable Aluminum Light Set, Grey
Price: $38.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright. Easy to use. Easy to install., August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Incredibly bright! Easy to install. Rechargeable. Did I mention it is incredibly bright?

The screw and nut make mounting this to your handlebars a snap. Initially we had the light facing rather straight forward, but found ourselves as an approaching car it was disorienting. So we lowered it slightly. We often bike to work and bike to the store. Biking to work is somewhat more rural, the light is amazingly helpful in not getting buzzed by cars, in seeing where you are going. Being more visible on a bike is always a good thing.

There is a red headlight and a bright white. I like the bright white so I can see. My husband thinks the red is friendlier for passing cars. The battery is rechargeable. And we have gone for several weeks on one charge, just using the light mainly for the morning commute. It seems to hold the charge pretty well.

The case it comes in is pretty sweet. I'm sure there are more hardcore bikers out there, I just wanted to safely and visibly get to work and back. Get some exercise, get some fresh air, save money...be able to see.

Swiffer WetJet Spray, Mop Floor Cleaner Starter Kit (Packaging May Vary)
Swiffer WetJet Spray, Mop Floor Cleaner Starter Kit (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $19.97
53 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the ease and convenience, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Super simple to put together. And easier to use. The pads slap on quickly to the bottom of the mop. There is a little push button on the top that that sprays the solution out. When I want to deep clean, I still get down on my hands and knees and scub the floors, but I have two dogs, two cats, three kids a messy cook and four seasons of weather!

This is super simple to use and takes very little time. Muddy paw prints on the back steps, gone in a flash. My husband drops sauce on the floor, quick pick it up. Kids tromp in slush and mud...it's so easy, they can clean it up. I appreciate the ease and convenience.

You can use any of the products that better fit your floors or needs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20