Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Profile for Janice Sims > Reviews

Browse

Janice Sims' Profile

Customer Reviews: 600

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Janice Sims "a reader & a writer" RSS Feed (Central Florida)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Art of War
The Art of War
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good version of The Art of War, February 13, 2016
This review is from: The Art of War (Kindle Edition)
This version is not what I expected. There are more footnotes than text.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Chef Stripe Commercial Grade, Restaurant Quality Potholder Set of 2, Red
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid potholders, February 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These potholders are nice and thick. The color's vibrant and they appear to be well-made. As for the heat test: I didn't burn myself removing a pan of brownies from the oven and there were no scorch marks on the fabric after exposing them to heat. They seem to be worth their price.

Skippy Peanut Butter, Natural with Honey Super Chunk, 15Ounce
Skippy Peanut Butter, Natural with Honey Super Chunk, 15Ounce
Offered by DeValley
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the taste, but don't think it's Super Chunky as described on the label, February 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tastes good. Not too sweet. However, when peanut butter is described as Super Chunky, I expect lots of nuts to be present in the mix and in my humble opinion, there aren't enough nuts in this peanut butter to refer to it as extra chunky.

Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pen, Medium Point, Bright Blue (1953049)
Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pen, Medium Point, Bright Blue (1953049)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, February 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pen writes so smoothly, it's a pleasure to use it. I suppose that's why they named it 'Inkjoy.' However, the shade of blue ink reminds me of ink used for highlighting. It's a bit too light for my tastes. But if you prefer a lighter blue, this might suit you fine.

Robinson Crusoe
Robinson Crusoe
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Working my way through the classics, February 1, 2016
This review is from: Robinson Crusoe (Kindle Edition)
What a novel! Yes, it was obviously written to inspire boys. It's a typical adventure tale with a moral: Listen to your parents, they know best. Daniel Defoe also gets bogged down in the minute details of Robinson Crusoe's everyday life on the island. So much so, that I now know how to dry grapes and make them into raisins. Yum! That complaint aside, though, I really enjoyed returning to the novel day after day. It was a learning experience. Times have changed. Attitudes have changed. Robinson Crusoe so easily accepted that His Man Friday would be his servant, for example. Later he did admit that Friday was more a friend than a servant, but that slave/master mentality as his right to rule kind of rankled. If you can't handle a lot of references to God and the Bible, then this may not be for you. Robinson Crusoe clearly had an ongoing struggle with religion and God's existence.

Lenox Gluckstein Darius Gold 5-Piece Place Set
Lenox Gluckstein Darius Gold 5-Piece Place Set
Price: $85.00
17 used & new from $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful!, February 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know what I can reasonably add about this china that other reviewers haven't already raved about. It's beautiful. Canadian interior designer, Brian Gluckstein, has a sophisticated, timeless style. Not only would a new bride love this design, but couples who've been together for years will love it, too. Since I was curious about Lenox, I did a little research: The company was founded by Walter Scott Lenox in 1889. The location: Trenton, NJ. I also enjoyed watching the brief video showing the artists decorating the fine china. And several of our presidents have used Lenox plates while in the White House. Made in America!

KayJayStyles Full Length Womens Solid Embroidered Gypsy Bohemian Long Cotton Skirt (Navy Blue)
Offered by DharmaObjects

2.0 out of 5 stars No, no, no!, January 20, 2016
The sizing was right, but the inner lining tore up after one wearing. The gauze-like material simply pulled apart at the seams and the sequins starting fall off it as soon as I took it out of the package. As if the material was already old and frayed. I like the skirt, so I tried to repair it but it didn't work. It just tore at another site. I won't be purchasing anymore of these skirts. Yes, they look beautiful, but they're shoddily made.

South Main Hardware SH2711-SN-10 Traditional Round Pull Knob (10 Pack), 1-3/16", Satin Nickel
Price: $4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, as usual., January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
South Main Hardware continues to be of solid construction, but I must say I should have checked the size before ordering. I thought the pulls would be bigger. They're the diameter of a quarter. Which is great if you're looking for small pulls. But that's the only negative thing I have to say about them. And it was my fault for not being more observant.

Optima Collection Silver Level 13" X 13" White Washcloths, Set of 12, 100% Eco-Friendly Pre-Consumer Regenerated Cotton
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice washcloths, December 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The positives about these washcloths are that they are thick and appear to be well-made, and as an added incentive to purchase them, they're eco-friendly and fairly inexpensive. I laundered them before using them and they do shrink a little in the wash, but they came out fluffy and soft in the dryer. All in all, I think they're a good buy.

Ashley Bell: A Novel
Ashley Bell: A Novel
by Dean Koontz
Price: $17.62
145 used & new from $9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, relish it because even at 560 pages, it ends too soon!, December 22, 2015
This review is from: Ashley Bell: A Novel (Hardcover)
What the heck did I just read??? Unlike a lot of reviews, I'm going to begin at the end. What was that, Mr. Koontz? Are you really going to end this book by introducing a mind-blowing plot change? Okay, I've calmed down. Here is my review: ASHLEY BELL is a labyrinthine thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat from page one to page 560. My first thought upon picking up the book was its heft. It's been a long time since Mr. Koontz released such a long novel. SAINT ODD, for example, was about 350 pages and the font was larger than ASHLEY BELL'S. I've missed the longer Koontz books. The plot appears simple, but it isn't. Bibi Blair, 22, is diagnosed with terminal cancer but suddenly is cured and is convinced that the reason she was cured was because she has to save a 13-year-old named Ashley Bell from someone determined to kill her. We embark on a race against time to save Ashley Bell. However, just when I thought I knew where the story was going, Mr. Koontz threw me for a loop and I was once more set adrift in a plot running rampant to who knows where! I loved it! As someone who has read thousands of book in my lifetime, I'm always thrilled to discover the one whose plot I cannot accurately predict. On a personal note, I'm fighting cancer myself and when I learned Bibi had cancer in this story, I was a little doubtful I would enjoy the story because, if you've ever had to fight cancer you know that in order to stay in the fray you have to maintain a positive mindset throughout. I didn't want to expose myself to something that might break my concentration. To my utter pleasure, my fears were unfounded. ASHLEY BELL was not only uplifting but downright inspirational.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20