Profile for Janice Sims > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 479

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Janice Sims "a reader & a writer" RSS Feed (Central Florida)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100-Percent Cotton Adjustable Chef Kitchen Apron with Pockets, Sage
DII 100-Percent Cotton Adjustable Chef Kitchen Apron with Pockets, Sage
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Suits its purpose, July 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice basic apron. The size is generous. I'm not a tiny woman and I have room to spare in it. Suits its purpose of keeping my clothing clean while I'm cooking. And the cotton fabric assures I don't get overheated while working.

925 Sterling Silver 2.5"-1.5" Bracelet / Necklace Safety Chain (1.5 Inches)
925 Sterling Silver 2.5"-1.5" Bracelet / Necklace Safety Chain (1.5 Inches)
Offered by Belcho USA
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Belcho USA got this to me in two days and I didn't pay extra postage!, July 1, 2014
Plus, it's of fine workmanship. I'll definitely be using this company again and recommending it to others. And that's all I've got to say about that!

Bluesamericana
Bluesamericana
Price: $10.00
35 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a long time Keb' Mo' fan and he keeps doing his thing!, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Bluesamericana (Audio CD)
I love every song on Bluesamericana. But then, I don't think I've ever been disappointed with any album this artist has ever released, so I'm biased. This album is more reflective, though. It's all about relationships and the ups and downs you go through trying to maintain a solid one. I've played the CD so often since I received it that I know all of the songs and sing loudly, and badly, right along with it. Worth your time and money. Believe me!

Barbarian Lord
Barbarian Lord
by Matt Smith
Price: $12.17
44 used & new from $3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Was this supposed to be funny? Because it was., July 1, 2014
This review is from: Barbarian Lord (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Barbarian Lord by Matt Smith is a quick read. The main character, Barbarian Lord, is a cross between Conan the Barbarian and He-man. Matt Smith admits in his letter to readers that he was influenced by the likes of Robert E. Howard who created Conan the Barbarian. The plot involves Barbarian Lord trying to get back land that was stolen from him. It's a time of magic in which witches cast spells, animals speak, and conflicts are settled by sword fights, usually with someone's head flying off during the scuffle. Teens and adults should get a kick out of Barbarian Lord, a savage tale that doesn't take itself too seriously.

XPY Sterling Silver Vintage Heart Design with Diamond (1/10cttw, H-I Color, I2-I3 Clarity) Accent Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $106.39

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a gorgeous necklace!, July 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is much prettier than I expected because you really can't see the sparkle online as well as you can once it's in your hands. The workmanship is excellent. The only gripe I have is the chain was too short and I had to purchase an extension. But that's a minor gripe. I suggest you pay attention to the size before ordering and then you won't have that problem.

Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sweet and Lite Sugar and Stevia Blend, 1.25 Pound
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sweet and Lite Sugar and Stevia Blend, 1.25 Pound
Offered by Vitacost
Price: $8.29
2 used & new from $8.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, and no., June 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yes, this sugar and stevia blend may be better for you than just plain sugar, however there is a bitter aftertaste that gets in the way of my truly enjoying it. The plus side is, it's great for baking because the weight is similar to real sugar, so the amounts you would use in your recipes would be the same or close to the same. And it also browns, which is an advantage in baking. However, when I used it in cereal, it took a while for the granules to dissolve in the milk. Same with cold drinks. Hot drinks, no problem. Therefore, I do recommend it if you're looking for a sweetener with less sugar (this does have some sugar in it). But be warned, I did detect an aftertaste.

Quartet 4-Count Broad Dry-Erase Marker Kit, 1 Eraser, 2 oz. Spray Cleaner (51-659672Q)
Price: $11.38
7 used & new from $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Dry-Erase Marker Kit, June 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I earlier ordered the dry erase board and markers. Then, the dry-erase board got stained and nothing I tried got the stains out. Then I saw this kit and ordered it. Thanks to the spray cleaner included in the kit, the dry erase board is now spotless! About the rest of the kit: The eraser works well. As for the markers, the black is bold, but the other colors are not bold at all, more like pastels. But that spray cleaner gets high marks!

Childhood Home
Childhood Home
Price: $10.00
62 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I know where Ben Harper gets his wonderful voice from!, June 13, 2014
This review is from: Childhood Home (Audio CD)
I loved every track on this CD. Ben and his mother, Ellen, blend so beautifully together. And the music and lyrics were excellent. I've played it so many times, I know all of the songs by heart. My favorite: Born to Love You. Even if you're not a fan of folk music, you may still enjoy Childhood Home. It's listed as folk, but I detect some blues in there and a lot of soul!

Coca-Cola Zero Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Coca-Cola Zero Mini-Can (8 Count, 7.5 Fl Oz Each)
Price: $3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not horrible, but I'll stick with my caffeine-free Diet Coke, June 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To tell the truth, it's been so long since I've had a 'real' Coke, that I can't say this Coca-Cola Zero tastes like the original Coke. And, let's face it, since Coke changed their formula several years ago, there's been something missing about the taste anyway. I know I'll get a lot of dislikes for that opinion but, there you have it.

The Neighbor (Short Story) (Kindle Single)
The Neighbor (Short Story) (Kindle Single)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse into the world of The City, Dean Koontz's upcoming novel, June 7, 2014
The narrator of The Neighbor, Malcolm Pomerantz, explains at the beginning of the story that he's the best friend of Jonah Kirk, the protagonist of Dean Koontz's, The City. The Neighbor is about an incident that happened when Malcolm was twelve, and he hadn't met Jonah at that point. Malcolm and his teen sister, Amalia, live in a house with parents who are indifferent to them and to each other. Because of their parents' lack of love the siblings are extremely close and supportive of each other. This is reflected throughout the story. So when they're faced with a problem, they don't inform their parents, they handle it themselves. The problem in this short story is, something strange is going on in their deceased neighbor's house. When they go over to the house to investigate they discover a malevolent presence has moved in. Once again, Dean Koontz has crafted a story that will not only scare you half to death, but leave you inspired by the behavior of his characters in the end. I'm eagerly anticipating reading The City when it's released in July.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20