Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Liz Johnson > Reviews

Browse

Liz Johnson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Liz Johnson RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)

Page: 1 | 2
Elvis Presley Bobblehead - Aloha in Hawaii Children, Kids, Game
Elvis Presley Bobblehead - Aloha in Hawaii Children, Kids, Game
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $19.95
6 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 25, 2016
Love my Elvis bobblehead!

I'll Be Yours
I'll Be Yours
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heady, heartwrenching, and wholly enjoyable!, April 3, 2016
This review is from: I'll Be Yours (Kindle Edition)
This book wasn't at all what I expected. In the best possible way. I was expecting a hamburger (wonderful and casual) and instead received a filet mignon (rich and meaty). Ms. Jones has crafted a heady, heartwrenching tale that has left me mulling over big topics like forgiveness and trust and the love of a father for his children. I was hoping for a neat and tidy resolution but instead am longing for a sequel because I want to spend more time Harper and her family. And don't even get me started on Ridley. There's a tenderness to him that is missing in so many YA heroes. He's the definition of dreamy. I highly recommend this story packed with unique characters and filled with all the humor and grace we've come to expect from Ms. Jones.

Fatal Reunion (Love Inspired Suspense)
Fatal Reunion (Love Inspired Suspense)
by Jessica R. Patch
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.99
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars and I loved how they dealt with their past mistakes while searching ..., January 5, 2016
Debut author Jessica R. Patch is one to watch! With intricate twists and surprising turns, Patch weaves a compelling novel of healing and hope that left me guessing until the end and thoroughly engaged the whole way through. Luke and Piper are authentic, strong characters, and I loved how they dealt with their past mistakes while searching for hope for the future. The suspense left me breathless--especially during one particular scene in a car--and the romance is very sweet. Patch's humor, often via secondary character Eric Hale, adds an extra dash of fun to this quick read. I can't wait for the next one by this talented new author!

Idea Sparking: 30 Idea Sparks to Write a Novel in a Month
Idea Sparking: 30 Idea Sparks to Write a Novel in a Month
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love how this book gives writers daily encouragement, November 24, 2015
Every November thousands of writers set out to write their novels in a month. And many of those writers never get to The End. It's not because they lack talent or drive. They just need some direction and guidance. They need Michelle Lim's Idea Sparking. I love how this book gives writers daily encouragement, tips, and suggestions for meeting daily word count. The Mid-Day Milestones are my favorite--check-in questions that make sure that the writer isn't sabotaging herself and is accomplishing what she wants. Michelle offers equal parts grace and butt kicking to get any writer to where she wants to be--The End.

Love in the Details: A November Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella)
Love in the Details: A November Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally sweet second chance story, November 1, 2015
This is an exceptionally sweet story of second chances and waiting on God's perfect timing. The secondary characters added a lot of flavor to the story. I loved Holly and Sam's plan to eat at every restaurant in town. The novella length was perfect, and this was a highly enjoyable read.

Small-Town Bachelor (Love Inspired)
Small-Town Bachelor (Love Inspired)
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Jill Kemerer's debut is a delight!, April 28, 2015
Jill Kemerer's debut is a delight! Reed and Claire are sweet and sympathetic, and I felt their pain as they struggled to let go of the past and find hope for the future. And the otters that Claire fostered added an extra element of fun to the story. I can't wait to return to Lake Endwell in future books from this exciting author.

Faking Normal
Faking Normal
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful, November 10, 2014
This review is from: Faking Normal (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in one sitting because I absolutely could not put it down. Ms. Stevens weaved a simultaneously heart-breaking and heart-healing story filled with beautiful characters, who carry the scars of not just pain and betrayal, but the worst of each.

Around two o’clock in the morning, I didn't even care that I had to be up for work in just a few hours. I just HAD to know. To know that Bodee would find his courage and Alexi her voice and together healing.

Ms. Stevens does a masterful job of keeping the reader guessing about the identity of Alexi's attacker. But somehow I was both terribly surprised and not at all shocked when his identity was revealed. Which made the truth that much more gut-wrenching.

While I didn’t recognize any of the songs that Alexi and Captain Lyric shared with each other, this entire book reads like a love song to the broken and broken-hearted. It’s melody, so sweetly haunting, is still ringing through my mind.

The synopsis of Faking Normal sounds heavy. And it is. The topic is not light, the truths substantial. But each character's story is handled with such a compassionate hand that Ms. Stevens brings all the pieces together not in a beautiful bow, but into something more. Something lasting. This is a powerful book of courage and hope, a reminder that healing comes when the truth is brought into the light.

Elope Doctor Who Tardis Laplander, Blue, One Size
Elope Doctor Who Tardis Laplander, Blue, One Size
Offered by Retrofacts
Price: $14.49
26 used & new from $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable!, November 19, 2012
I love this hat! It's so soft and comfortable and cute to boot. And the space and time travel I do every time I put it on aren't too bad either.

Addison Blakely:  Confessions of a PK
Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK
by Betsy St. Amant
25 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read with a great message!, July 19, 2012
This sweet story follows preacher's kid Addison Blakely as she tries to discover the truth about friendship, labels, and love in high school--all while living in full-view of every member of her church. In an unexpected twist of fate, she ends up overseeing the school's talent show, and she can't help but notice her widowed father's budding relationship with her teacher. Add to that a love triangle including the town's motorcycle-riding bad-boy and the would-be-perfect classmate, and Addison is in trouble. I zipped through this book as fast as Addison downs mochas and eats a box of gummy bears. As fun as it is, it also delves into the labels and expectations we place on others and reminds readers that walking with God is about being authentic, not perfect.

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
The Maid of Fairbourne Hall
by Julie Klassen
Price: $8.46
105 used & new from $1.24

4.0 out of 5 stars A treat for this Downton Abbey fan!, March 26, 2012
I picked up all 410 pages of this book on a Thursday morning plane ride and finished it by the next evening. I couldn't stop reading the fascinating tale of an English estate below stairs, as seen by a lady of leisure.

The pace is nice and easy, with just enough intrigue to keep me turning pages, but never more than seemed to fit. I was transported to 1815 and the life of spoiled soon-to-be heiress Margaret Macy. I didn't love her at first. I didn't even like her very well--that is until she risked her own life to help a well-to-do coach driver and his unseen passenger. And of course, the hero Nate was everything a good romantic hero should be. Flawed and imperfect, yet absolutely redeemable.

One of my few complaints is that I thought it ended a bit abruptly. I'd have liked to read more about Nate and Margaret. But maybe that's just sign of a good book. You never want it to end.

If you're interested in 19th Century history or exploring the differences in classes--like in Downton Abbey--I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this book. It satisfied my Downton craving for a bit and reminded me why I like Julie's books so well.

Page: 1 | 2