Profile for Eduardo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eduardo "Eduardo" RSS Feed (Brazil)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (R7000)
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Router (R7000)
Price: $189.99
57 used & new from $164.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The speed beast !!!!, November 27, 2013
I just got my router today as a replacement for my old Linksys E4200.
Just plugged the power / internet cables and turned the pc on.
I did not use the setup wizard, because I'm well used to configuring my router for many years now.
The router is really easy to setup. It's easy, but still has a lot of features like being able to work as a repeater, an AP, a bridge. All these features came with the default Netgear firmware.
OK. Everything setup. Let's give it a go....
I was used to experience about 5 mbps on my iPhone with my old Linksys router.... This new baby just dazzled me with 13 mbs on wifi... (that's because my connection is capable of 15 mbps....)
The wired connection is really fast...
I then tried to really test my router.... I started streming netflix on my tv, my iphone and on the notebook. At the same time I was downloading a demo from psn. Surprisingly, everything went smooth, despite my relatively slow connection.
The range is way better when compared to my previews router... I got wireless coverage all over my house now... And what's best: with a stronger wifi signal.
The router is extremely fast. I think I'll never buy another brand again....

Access 2013 Bible
Access 2013 Bible
by Michael Alexander
Price: $29.73
43 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! A must-have for every Access user., November 18, 2013
This review is from: Access 2013 Bible (Paperback)
I found the need to develop a database system for the company I'm currently working on. The software choice for this development was Access, a part of Microsoft Office that is powerful enough to handle the company's database.
At first I tried learning Access all by myself, but I found it difficult to understand. I could start from scratch, did a lot of web research and even came up with some functional queries, forms and tables. But I needed more. I needed to optimize the relations between tables, I needed to fully understand the queries, forms and reports.
I decided to buy this book.
It was the best decision I made. The book is a great reference for Access. It makes you learn in a natural way, you don't even feel it. I've started reading this book and suddenly I was already optimizing my database project.
The book is really good at showing you how to think, how things work and how to correctly structure the database form optimal performance.

FeverWatch Professional Clinical Non-contact Infrared Thermometer - Forehead
FeverWatch Professional Clinical Non-contact Infrared Thermometer - Forehead
Price: $36.42
2 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fast, accurate!!!!, June 18, 2013
I've bought this thermometer because it gives one the ways to acquire my kid's temperature even when he's sleeping. It's really a non-invasive way to check my son for fever.
I've just received this infrared thermometer. First of all, my compliments to Amazon for the excellent packaging!!!
The thermometer is made of plastic, really light, with a huge LCD display. The plastic seems sturdy enough to last.
It's really easy to use and doesn't even require one to read the manual for basic operation. Works great!! As simple as point-and-shoot... It's exactly what I expected... Fast, precise and easy temperature readings...
I totally recommend this for parents... A well deserved five-star rating so far.

Abercrombie & Fitch ~ Fierce ~ Cologne 1.7 oz / 50 ml New
Abercrombie & Fitch ~ Fierce ~ Cologne 1.7 oz / 50 ml New
Offered by HARD TO FIND PARFUMS
Price: $56.99
8 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing!!!, December 25, 2012
I've been to several Abercrombie stores when I was traveling to Miami. I was just inebriated by the scent all the stores have.... I just had to ask the guys that work there what was that great smell.... This is how I found out about this fragrance. I did the only thing I could... I bought myself a bottle of this fragrance.

The scent:
It's really amazing... It's not a sweet fragrance, yet it's strong and fantastic. It combines so well with every occasion, I use it all the time. I have CK Eternity, CK One, but this one is really more addictive.

The bottle:
It's a pretty bottle with a male picture that can be seen from both sides of the bottle. Particularly it's not a pretty manly picture, but I really don't have to stare at it when I'm using the fragrance.

The fixation:
This fragrance fixes kinda well. It lasts for a couple of hours, but could last longer. For instance, CK's Eternity lasts a lot longer than this one.

Overall:
I just love this scent! It's really inebriating, addictive... It's really good. It shod last a little longer, but is smells great while it lasts.
I would totally recommend it.

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Extended Editions)  [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Extended Editions) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Elijah Wood
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $74.99
100 used & new from $50.45

5.0 out of 5 stars The best LOTR collection, December 15, 2012
I've always been a LOTR fan, since the first movie came out. I didn't read the books, but I really enjoyed the movies. I bought the theatrical DVD releases, than I traded them for the extended collectors edition (mostly because of the statues) and now I traded them for the blu-ray version. Here's my opinion about this release.

The packaging:
The outer box is really amazing! It's extremely well-made, with many engraved details. It's made of a really thick and strong cardboard, with magnets to help keep it closed. Once you open it, you can see the Middle Earth map and the 3 cases, each one resembling it's correspondent Tolkien book. Each disc case holds five discs (2 blu-ray and 3 DVDs). I would rate the packaging 4 out of 5, because for the DVD Extended collection editions, the cases themselves were a piece of art. They would unfold and reveal the Middle Earth map, and lots of illustrations. I really think they should have designed this blu-ray edition with the same care.

The Graphics:
The blu-ray matches the graphics quality needed to fully enjoy these movies. Before this set, I could only wish to see the locations on a blu-ray disc. The video quality is really full HD, with crystalline 1080p video. The video runs smooth, even during the most crowded battle scenes. The colors feel so real and vivid, one can even feel the action taking place. Up to now, this is the definitive way of watching these movies: Blu-ray discs. These movies really deserve blu-ray level video quality.

The Audio:
I always thought that the audio is almost as important as video if not more important. The audio of this collection really makes you feel every battle, every scene. The audio quality is surprisingly great, with DTS-HD 6.1 surround sound, one of the best audio codecs available. The sound fills the environment around the room, placing you right in the middle of the action. The explosions sound great... The soundtrack for these movies could not be better.... They can capture each scene, create each mood... Congratulations to the composers involved.

Overall:
This collection is 5 out of 5 for sure! The graphics are great! The sound is perfect! The packaging is good, but could be better. And you also get the digital copies with this boxed set. Too bad the extended editions of these movies are so long... I can rarely watch them....
It's definitely a must-have!!! All the LOTR fans will love this set.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 8:19 AM PST

DEWALT DG5125 5-Inch Heavy-duty Padded Belt
DEWALT DG5125 5-Inch Heavy-duty Padded Belt
Price: $29.99
5 used & new from $24.03

3.0 out of 5 stars A good belt, but not for skinny people, December 15, 2012
I've got this padded belt to go with my drill holster, small pouch and small tool holder. At first look, it seems a little expensive for a belt that's not even made of leather. But this is not bad at all. Here's what I thought about it:

The material:
The belt is not made of leather as I described earlier. It's not a bad thing at all. It makes the belt lighter and the material help keep the sweat out of your body. The belt itself is made of a light yet strong material that enables your body to breath. The holes for buckling the belt are reinforced with metal rings, making it more durable. The materials used are really good. I'd totally give it a 5 star rating.

The design:
The belt is designed for comfort and has a back pad that really takes the load out of your back. It's soft and helps by letting the sweat get out. The belt itself comes with a velcro strap that could be used to close the belt almost without the need for the user to buckle up. The velcro isn't strong enough to hold the belt with the tools hanging from it. That's where the metallic buckle comes in handy. It keeps the belt in place, even with very heavy tools. The only bad thing about this belt is that it was designed to be a one size-fits-all, but that's not what really happens. If you're slim or skinny, the velcro just doesn't fit right. Despite this minor flaw, the belt still works for thinner people. I'd give it a 3 star rating because of this little issue.

Overall:
The belt is sturdy, can hold a lot of tools and is really comfortable. If the belt's design to fit all sizes was a little better, I'd give it a 5 star rating. Because of this minor issue, I think it's worth a 3 star rating.
Buyers be aware: don't let the 3 star rating fool you. It's a good product and it really helps. It's lightweight, strong enough to last and comfortable for all waist sizes. I would recommend it.

DEWALT DCB200 3.0 Ah 20V Li-Ion Premium Battery
DEWALT DCB200 3.0 Ah 20V Li-Ion Premium Battery
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and long lasting, December 14, 2012
I've got a pair of these batteries with a hammer drill / impact driver I bought from DeWalt. I really loved these batteries. Here's my opinion:

The material:
The materials used on these batteries is really strong plastic. They offer some scratch resistance even if its not the main requirement for the product. They are extremely well-made, all the parts fit perfectly against each other. The release button is really strong, allowing for many connect and remove the batteries without a problem. Their size and weight help give the tool a really good balance. A 5 star rating.

The battery life:
These babies last longer than I would expect from cordless power tools batteries. I can use the impact driver on a daily basis without having to recharge them during a month period. They provide all the power needed to perform the toughest tasks without even complaining. I've been using them to manufacture power supplies and for each power supply I have to fasten at least 36 hex M8 screws... I can assemble at least 3 power supplies a day for the whole month and the batteries are still good to go. A5 star rating without a doubt.

Overall:
These batteries are really tough. They last for a long time, and they take only about 1 hour to fully recharge. I'd surely give them a 5 star overall rating. The only bad thing about them is the weight, but nothing is perfect. So much power and life really comes with a price.
I would definitely recommend these for cordless power tools.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mark Hamill
Price: $87.00
79 used & new from $69.42

4.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate collection so far, December 13, 2012
I was always a Star Wars fan... Since I can remember, I even wanted to be a Jedi knight.... To use a light saber.... To control the force.... But then I grew up and found out those things only happen in movies.... Too bad!
I had the 2004 DVD edition of the Star Wars saga and as soon as the blu-ray version came out I wanted to buy it. I finally did. My opinion:

The video:
Amazing 1080p full HD video... The colors are just right! The video plays smooth even during the fastest action scenes... This is the best picture ever (I just didn't see the 4k displays yet)... I could notice no movie grain, even while watching the first 3 movies.... The whole saga was remastered to achieve the most out of blu-ray format. Speaking of video quality, it's way better than the DVD edition I had. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

The sound:
Definitely the best audio ever.... The surround effects are just amazing! One can hear all the things happening around theirselves.... The sound really provides a really immersive experience while watching the movies. The acclaimed soundtrack feels even better... The scores really build up the mood for the different scenes of all 6 movies. It's a unique experience.

The packaging:
This edition really have a wonderful packaging. The discs are stored inside a book, with really thick pages, all filled with pictures related to each film. The art itself is really well-made. Is was delighted when I first opened the box and saw the care taken to design and print this set. The overall presentation is really good.
Despite all the compliments made to the art, I just didn't like the way the discs are stored. There's no way to take a disc out of the "book" without risking to touch the data surface of the discs. This is a minor problem, since Blu-ray Discs have a scratch protection coating, but I just didn't like it at all. I really take good care of my movies and I just hate when you can see a fingerprint on the discs. Because of that, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

The story:
Lucas did a great job writing the Star Wars saga.... The story is really interesting, he can keep your curiosity and attention during almost all of the movies.... I just couldn't avoid falling asleep during the Attack of the Clones romantic scenes.... I just think these scenes were too long for the style of the series. There could be some romance on the series, but not that much.... As of the other films, I just love them. Even though I love the original trilogy, I just couldn't notice that the light saber fights got really improved in the newer movies. A sure 5 out of 5 star rating.

The changes made:
I think I didn't notice all the changes made since the DVD version of these movies. I just think that the CG Yoda is way better than the old puppet one....as this is a matter of opinion, I won't discuss it here.... There are fans who hated the changes and fans that think they came for the better..... I would rate them 5 out of 5, but that's just my personal opinion.

Overall:
I just love these films.... I would totally rate them 4 out of 5....
If you're a fan, you should buy this set.... If you're not a fan, but you like starship movies, give this a try... You won't regret it....
Lets see what Disney will do with the saga.... Lets hope the 7th installment is as good as the first 6..... Two bad these are not 3D movies.... But I don't really think I'll buy the digitally 3d-fied movies... I only like native 3D movies....

DEWALT DG5120 Heavy-duty Drill Holster
DEWALT DG5120 Heavy-duty Drill Holster
Price: $16.76
20 used & new from $10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best drill holster..., December 13, 2012
I use the drill a lot in my work...It's really bad when I had to find a place to lay down my drill around the work area....Sometimes that small spot just doesn't exist...Even worse if I have to work climbing a ladder....So I decided to buy this drill holster. Here goes my review:

The material:
The holster itself seems really sturdy. The material is really resistant and still very lightweight. I'd definitely rate it 5 out of 5 for the quality of the material used in manufacturing.

The Design:
I really liked the design. It hangs in an angled position which improves significantly the drill balance. This angled hanging position makes it feel a little lighter. I'm not really sure if this holster was designed to fit almost all the different brands of drills, but my DeWalt 20V Max hammer-drill fits just perfectly. One little detail I really enjoyed is the fact that this drill holster has many drill bit easy-access storage places. One can easily hang many different drill bits on the holster. I just don't think that drill bits smaller than 6mm would have a tight fit or if they would fall. One other great detail of its design is that the holster has a clip that can easily be opened of closed in a one hand operation. Its strap is also adjustable so this strap doesn't get in the way...Never. Totally a 5 out of 5 stars.

Overall:
It's a great hammer-drill holster. It's really sturdy, made of strong materials and has great designed features. It's a sure 5 out of 5 star rating.
You can buy it without fear...Although I didn't try it with other drill brands, it seems this holster has a universal fits-them-all design.
The quality is great. Look at the brand...It says everything.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Adrenaline filled series..., December 11, 2012
I really love fast cars... And of course I don't quite appreciate speed limits... That's why I love these movies.... They can take me to a place where my dreams come true... Drive fast cars, without watching for speed limits and the best part: without the risk of accidents...(this only happens on movies and games, not in the real world).

The video:
This boxed set is full hd 1080p.... Which is really amazing for watching on a big flat screen. The action runs smooth, without ghosts, and other coded glitches. The colors are extremely vibrant and you can feel the speed.... The parties and explosions.... It's a sure 5 out of 5!

The sound:
The surround effects are really amazing.... You can hear the cars around you, you can really hear the engines roar.... That takes the experience to the next level. I always thought that the video is of extreme importance, but the sound that really creates the atmosphere for the different scenes.
The soundtrack for these movies really match the context... Definitely a 5 out of 5!!

The plot:
Some may say its lame! Some may say its a bad influence for real world drivers! Of course real-world drivers should not try to do those stunts while driving, but that's why it's a fictional work.....
I like the story of the series! I think there's a little bit of romance, a touch of friendship, a bit of trust and loads of fast-paced action!!! The story is very simple and I really think the reason is that these movies are only about cars and speed... The 5 movies also kinda relate to each other via some recurring characters. They are worth a 3 (maybe 4) star rating.

Overall:
Great video, stunning fx, extremely hifi audio and an ok plot. I'd give it a 5 star overall.
If you like fast cars, I know you'll love it. If you're a big Need for Speed fan, you'll love it for sure! Let the action begin!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4