Profile for Adriana M. Scott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adriana M. Scott RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Sony Walkman E-340 Series 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)
Sony Walkman E-340 Series 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than my last player, November 10, 2010
I had a Sansa SanDisk 2 GB player for over three years and after it acting up I decided it was time to change it. I found this 8 GB Sony Walkman e344 at WalMart and promptly bought it. I haven't had it for long... maybe three weeks or so, but I like it so far. I like how each time I turn it on, the volume doesn't automatically go back to a low setting how it did with my SanDisk. The clock on it is a plus when I don't have my watch or cellphone on me, and I like the sleek look of the player. Also, it's very easy to add music and it adds songs without having these horrible file names instead of titles.

However, I can't just plug it into my computer and then turn on Windows Media Player to listen to music from it without it automatically synching everything in my library. This may be easily fixed, but in my haste to try out my new mp3 player, I haven't had time to completely read the manual. Still, it's not that big a problem since I add music from the file folder instead of having to synch music to the player and I also own external speakers for it.

I can't really say anything about how it handles video or pictures since I only really use it to listen to music.

Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS
Rhythm Heaven - Nintendo DS
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $7.73
171 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game!, December 11, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I really like this game even though it's hard. you do a good job on one level and end up just getting OK... well that's because you have to get the rhythm right also. I admit, it does get annoying after playing the same level for five times just to get a superb, but the music is catchy and it's a whole lot of fun! The only bad thing about it would have to be getting the perfects... most of these little mini games are way to hard to get a perfect on, but it is possible.

How To Color For Comics
How To Color For Comics
by GURU-eFX
24 used & new from $48.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, July 30, 2009
I was excited when I got this book in the mail today. I got to reading it right away. However, I found myself skipping through a lot of stuff I already knew. While this book isn't for the intermediate artist... I don't think it's for beginners either. It leaves out a lot of important stuff.

If you look in the contents, you'll see that they different "styles" of coloring are listed. Anime style, Soft airbrush style, hard airbrush style (the main comic style nowadays), and digital painting. Well, telling us the different styles is all good, but the book doesn't really go over all of them step by step. The only two are hard airbrush style using the lasso and the other is hard edge anime style. Even those two walkthroughs are pretty vague.

I thought this was more of a showcase of GURU-eFXs coloring style. It's OK for reference if you're good with looking at how a drawing is colored and reproducing that same effect, but for the rest of us who actually need more instruction, it's not so great. Plus the pages were way to thin and easily tearable.

A Vampyre Story - PC
A Vampyre Story - PC
Offered by RarePCGames
Price: $7.44
20 used & new from $2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 3, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: A Vampyre Story - PC (DVD-ROM)
Bought this game so my dad would stop bugging me to buy this. What caught my eye was that the artist of Curse of Monkey Island worked on this so I purchased it. Great game, loved it. It was a bit buggy but that was probably just my computer because it didn't do the same thing on my dad's computer. I didn't like Mona's character though... I thought she was a bit annoying.

I don't usually buy vampire games but this was a parody of vampires and the humor more than made up for it. I'd especially recommend it to Lucas arts point and click adventure fans!

Secret of the Silver Earring - PC
Secret of the Silver Earring - PC
Offered by Galactics
Price: $7.89
45 used & new from $0.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Point and Click Mystery!, July 3, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Great game. It was buggy in a few places and a little hard to find the hotspots but that happens in all games. I like that it was a straight forward mystery and it really helped to have the quiz after every chapter to help you, the player, solve the mystery and make your own conclusions instead of the character doing all that for you.

Spongebob Squarepants: Lights, Camera, Pants! - PC
Spongebob Squarepants: Lights, Camera, Pants! - PC
Offered by Bargain Buyers Software
Price: $16.69
12 used & new from $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Spongebob is Great But..., July 3, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I didn't like this game very much. It was okay at the begining but I couldn't skip the dialogues at all when I accidentally clicked on the same thing twice. That wasn't too bad, but all you can do in this is look for props and cast members to be in your episode. There's only one episode so it's sort of repetitious and there are no points or rewards for having the right characters in the episode (or so that I know of). Yeah, it's fun at first but I haven't finished it and probably won't since there's nothing new.

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
Offered by BLS Mart
Price: $13.99
38 used & new from $0.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Graphics, July 3, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought the remastered version on the frogwares sight so I don't have the box or the CDs which sort of bummed me out, but the graphics were beautiful and I liked walking around Baker street and the streets surrounding it (even if I could only do one thing there). As for the plot... it was okay, if it wasn't a Sherlock Holmes game. It didn't seem very Sherlockian to me and it was more mystical than mystery if that makes any sense. Other than that, this was a nice game.

Sherlock Holmes:  Nemesis - PC
Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis - PC
Offered by thebookgrove
Price: $15.14
35 used & new from $2.04

4.0 out of 5 stars First Person but still OK, July 3, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought the third person version at Wal-Mart and spent about three days playing it. I loved it. I really liked the premise of hunting down this French thief in the many places the game took you. I think one of the things I had against this game was the fact that it was first person and you had to use both the mouse and w,a,s,d to move and the camera was a bit too sensitive even if I changed the options. It was a bit buggy and slow in some parts, maybe it was just the computer. I'd definitely recommend to any Sherlock Holmes lover or just any lover of mysteries and puzzles.

Genius G-Pen 4-by-5.5-Inch Tablet with Cordless Pen
Genius G-Pen 4-by-5.5-Inch Tablet with Cordless Pen

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good..., May 29, 2009
I use photoshop at home to color and I thought it would be easier with a tablet so I bought this. I was on a budget and I thought this wouldn't work at all but I'm pleased with how it's working so far. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that right when I plug in the USB, the computer's mouse pointer doesn't move when I move the stylus on the tablet and according to the manual, it's supposed to do that. That only happens after I turn photoshop on using the mouse. That little problem still bothers me and maybe it's due to bad installation or something but I use photoshop a lot so it's not such a big deal.

Drawing Cutting Edge Fusion: American Comics with a Manga Influence
Drawing Cutting Edge Fusion: American Comics with a Manga Influence
by Christopher Hart
35 used & new from $6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very helpful, September 30, 2008
I used to own this book when I lived in Connecticut and every time I drew, I would go back to it for reference. It would go through the differences between manga, fusion, and american style comic art. Unfortunately, I lost it during a move, but I would definately buy it again. Great drawing reference for both beginning and intermediate artists!

Page: 1 | 2