Profile for Stefan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stefan RSS Feed

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi
Price: $69.00 - $89.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the casual reader, September 22, 2012
The kindle arrived fast, in it's eco-friendly and easy to open packaging. I got the new, black model and so far I'm impressed. This is my first e-reader and I think I made an excellent choice. The kindle is very lightweight, not slippery and easy to hold. The page turn buttons press in really well and you can feel them. Not having a case with a light or the ''paperwhite'' model is no problem at all, because people have been reading regular books for ages, so it's not hard to find some light by the bed or on the couch. I also like the fact that it does not have a touchscreen. In my opinion, people do not really benefit from having a touchscreen on devices like these. The navigation is really easy and simple without touch, too. The battery seems to last forever (at least in my case) - I charge it about once every 10 days. The screen is really clear and sharp, with high contrast, just like on the new ''paperwhite'' model. The only things missing are a mp3 player and an usable web browser (do not expect to do any browsing except Wikipedia on this device). Also, the navigation controller could be a little bigger, but you will get used to it after some time. All in all, this thing is compact, fun and gives you the ability to read everything, everywhere. If you have any doubts about buying this device for yourself, a friend or student (such as myself) , trust me : ''It is awesome''!
P.S. : Sorry for my English - It's not my first language :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2014 6:11 AM PDT