Profile for Laura Kay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 160

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura Kay "A Novel Review; A Clever Chick" RSS Feed (TN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
French Coast: A Novel
French Coast: A Novel
by Anita Hughes
Price: $12.95
60 used & new from $7.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun and sexy read that took me to another amazing ..., May 11, 2015
This review is from: French Coast: A Novel (Paperback)
If you are heading out to the beach or poolside, make sure you grab Anita Hughes Beach Bag worthy summer chick lit novel! Hughes does it again! A fun and sexy read that took me to another amazing destination! A glimpse into the lives of the super wealthy with amazing french cuisine and desired fashions, but even the wealthy have family troubles.

Serena Woods seems to have it all. A dream career working at Vogue, a sexy fiance who completely supports her and loving parents. Once she steps foot in Cannes to begin ghost writing a memoir everything in Serena's perfect life begins to unravel.

French Coast is one of those books that when you sit down to read it, you are devour it. It's a smart and sexy read. I can't say Serena was a compelling character meaning I wasn't really rooting for her until the very end of the novel, but I was completely engrossed in the story of Yvette. I had no idea where her story would take me. While I was really focused on Yvette's story, Serena's story suddenly took me completely off guard! It went in a very surprising direction and made me pull for her! The story quickly wrapped up leaving me WANTING MORE!

Highly recommending you throw French Coast in your summer bags!

Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears!
Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears!
Price: $23.20
51 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars both love to play with these gears, April 23, 2015
I have a 5 yo old girl and a 7 yo boy, both love to play with these gears! The only complaint is I wished I had bought more! But seriously there is a lot there! I need to look if there is something a little more advanced for the seven year old he is definitely at the upper age range for this toy, but he loves it!

SmartGames Quadrillion
SmartGames Quadrillion
Offered by Smart Toys and Games
Price: $18.99
30 used & new from $15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids (5 & &) enjoy laying out the pieces, April 23, 2015
This review is from: SmartGames Quadrillion (Toy)
We are really enjoying playing this game. My kids (5 & &) enjoy laying out the pieces. I personally think my kids are the perfect age! Very good quality!

The Hurricane Sisters: A Novel
The Hurricane Sisters: A Novel
by Dorothea Benton Frank
Price: $19.15
223 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars but I love a great beach read and her books always look ..., April 23, 2015
I haven't read a Dorothea Benton Frank novel before, but I love a great beach read and her books always look appealing. I knew The Hurricane Sisters was going to deal with a tougher topic than maybe some of her other books. Not a big deal to me because I enjoy heavier reading as well.

The novel is told in alternating voices of Ashley, Liz and Maisie. I love generational stories. There is the sweet relationship between grandmother/granddaughter and difficult relationships between mother(s)/daughter. The potential was there. The characters just didn't draw me into the story. They lacked a certain amount of depth.

Overall, I had expected the style of writing to be a bit more polished. The dialog in most of the novel seemed rather immature and choppy. I found the constant use of exclamation points and question marks a bit distracting.

On a more positive note, the story line of the novel ties everything together near the end. I always love learning the missing piece to a puzzle. The ending was an empowering and uplifting end to a sad group of characters. If I'm going to be honest, I was very disappointed in this novel. I had really high hopes. Will I run out and read other novels by Ms. Frank...I will definitely try some of her earlier books. An author should never be ruled out because one book was less than what the audience expected.

Magna-Tiles® Clear Colors 100 Piece Set
Magna-Tiles® Clear Colors 100 Piece Set
Offered by Valtech Magna-Tiles®
Price: $120.00
18 used & new from $112.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy ever!!!, April 16, 2015
BEST TOY EVER!!!! My son and daughter have played with these constantly since I bought the first set almost a year ago. It is one of there favorite toys. I wished I had bought them when they were even younger! They will play for long periods of time and are so creative. I've also had friends over and such a great toy for them to play with friends. We loved them so much we bought a second set! They build huge castles with them!

Superstructs Starter Set
Superstructs Starter Set
Price: $26.30
17 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Both my kids (boy/girl) enjoy building with these, April 16, 2015
This review is from: Superstructs Starter Set (Toy)
Both my kids (boy/girl) enjoy building with these. I ordered my set for Christmas and one part was completely missing. I sent an email to the company and they sent out the part right away! Some of the models they can build are really good sized and can roll around.

OverDrive: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
OverDrive: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars ... makes checking out digital books from my library so easy! very user friendly app, April 16, 2015
This app makes checking out digital books from my library so easy! very user friendly app!

Fintie Fire HD 7 Tablet (2014 Oct Release) Case Slim Fit Leather Standing Protective Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature (will only fit Fire HD 7 4th Generation 2014 model), Versailles
Offered by Fintie
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this case, April 16, 2015
Love this case! It's sturdy and love the pattern. I wish it sat landscape better, it really isn't strong enough to do it.

ZOOB 125-Piece Modeling System
ZOOB 125-Piece Modeling System
Offered by Corydor
Price: $18.49
53 used & new from $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars better than blocks, April 16, 2015
My kids love these! The pieces are movable making it different than a lego/block toy. The only complaint I have is sometimes little fingers get snapped too, but it doesn't stop mine from playing. I have an 8 and 6 year old. Perfect for boys and girls.

Pixy Cubes
Pixy Cubes
Price: $15.19
38 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, April 16, 2015
This review is from: Pixy Cubes (Toy)
I love these cubes! My seven year old and I have had a lot of fun putting them together. I wasn't prepared for them being as small as they are (only the size of a dice), but looking again there is a picture. If they were a bit bigger I think my five year old would also enjoy them. Very well made and I love the tin to keep them stored with the cards. This is a great activity for my son. I've also had fun :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16