Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for J.A. > Reviews

Browse

J.A.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J.A. RSS Feed

Polaris V8 -  9W(4.5W X 2) Portable Bluetooth Speaker with FM-radio, Micro SD MP3 Player, NFC, LED Display and Removable 18650 Li-ion Battery (Black)
Polaris V8 - 9W(4.5W X 2) Portable Bluetooth Speaker with FM-radio, Micro SD MP3 Player, NFC, LED Display and Removable 18650 Li-ion Battery (Black)
Offered by Love Home
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Speaker!!, May 4, 2016
I have been wanting a Bluetooth speaker for awhile, and finally decided on this Polaris V8 model. I am definitely glad I did! This is a great little speaker! I feel it has excellent sound for it's size, and it is built very solidly. I am really enjoying using it, and especially like that it has an FM radio option on it as well.

It was very easy to set up, and it paired quickly with my iPhone and iPad without any issues at all. I also enjoy that it talks whenever the modes are changed. I received this speaker at a discounted rate for my honest review, but I can honestly say it is a great speaker, and I am very pleased!!

SE JT130RS 36-Piece Metal Ring Sizer
SE JT130RS 36-Piece Metal Ring Sizer
Price: $10.60
3 used & new from $10.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Several Sizes, November 19, 2015
I just received this item, and am very disappointed to find that several sizes are missing. This is very frustrating, as the missing sizes are the ones that I need to use. Now I have to order another set from another manufacturer. This has been a huge waste of time!

Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
by Charlaine Harris
288 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead to This Reader, May 8, 2013
I don't normally like to give one star reviews of books that I have read, unless the book is truly awful, and has no redeeming qualities to speak of, in my opinion. Well, this is one of those books. Initially, this series was one of my favorites - right up there with J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood and Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series (love Bones!). Unfortunately, after book 9, the series started to lose the spark that I loved, though I forged onward and continued to buy and read the books as they were released.

Now, after reading this lame excuse for a series ending, I have to say it is one of the worst books I have ever read. What an unbelievable, disappointing, awful letdown after loyally following the series through 13 books. It is not just the character assassination of beloved characters that disappointed me, but it is the total lack of continuity and disregard for the rules the author created for Sookie's world in the beginning, then decided in the last book to break so many of them, just to fit her pre-conceived idea of making Sookie end up with the character that she wanted her with.

It did not feel genuine at all, and felt like it was forced upon the readers, almost as though the author was thumbing her nose at her readers and saying, "Ha, I know you won't like this ending, and you think Sookie should be with someone else, but I am the writer and I will do what I want. So there!!" That is how it felt to me while reading it, and that is how I still feel after finishing it. Yes, I understand it is her world, and she has the right to pen what she wants, but at least please try to stay consistent with the rules you created throughout 12 books, and don't break them without explanation in the last book just to fit the ending you decided you wanted.

So, yes, the author has lost yet another loyal fan who stuck around all these years, and purchased and read all the books. I will not read any more of her works, nor waste any more money on her books. They are now dead to me.

Puffs Plus Lotion Facial Tissues; 6 Family Boxes; 124 Tissues per Box
Puffs Plus Lotion Facial Tissues; 6 Family Boxes; 124 Tissues per Box
14 used & new from $11.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Changed the Formula, April 28, 2013
I used to buy these Puffs Lotion tissues for years, and I just bought a box recently due to having a bad cold. The product has obviously been changed, and the tissues are now rough to the touch. I couldn't believe it, and double checked the box to make sure I did not buy the wrong type by mistake, but there was no mistake. The tissues are completely changed. They do not feel soft to the touch like regular tissues - and they are supposed to contain lotion which should make them softer. I will no longer buy these tissues, and I intend to try other brands now to see if I can find something better.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2016 1:23 PM PDT

Hitachi L42S503 42" Ultravision LCD TV 120Hz 1080p
Hitachi L42S503 42" Ultravision LCD TV 120Hz 1080p

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work For Us, October 21, 2009
We were looking for a 42" lcd for our living room since it would be the best size to fit in our built-in cabinet. We debated between a couple of brands, but decided to give this Hitachi a try. We were very disappointed to find the screen uniformity to be very uneven, with lighter areas along the edges and darker areas in the center. We also found that the blacks were not as deep as some of the other brands. The colors seemed fairly accurate, but the clarity was not as crisp and clear as either the Sony or the Samsung models we currently own. To sum up, we were disappointed with this model and returned the set.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2012 3:59 PM PDT

Pioneer PDP-6020FD 60-Inch Class KURO Plasma HDTV (2009 Model)
Pioneer PDP-6020FD 60-Inch Class KURO Plasma HDTV (2009 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Plasma!, July 21, 2008
I am so pleased with this Pioneer plasma! The picture is fantastic right out of the box. It is absolutely the best TV I have ever owned. The deep blacks cannot be duplicated with any other brand of plasma on the market right now. I did a lot of research and looked at many different displays before settling on this Pioneer. I am completely confident that I made the perfect choice. I couldn't be more satisfied! You can't go wrong with this TV!!