Profile for Daniel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel RSS Feed

SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
SANOXY® 3500mAh Extended Battery + Black Cover for HTC Evo 4G
Offered by vcome(Ships From Hongkong)
Price: $7.94
16 used & new from $4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars after 5 full charge cycles... still sucks, March 13, 2011
I got this battery as a recommendation from others. However after 5 full charge cycles the battery is still horrible. I have a couple of ebay ones so I thought that this battery would work better. However, I have yet to see any improvement. I would charge it overnight. It would drop quickly from 100 to 85 after about 10 minutes of use on conservative auto bright settings. I also use sbc charging so it shouldnt drop so fast. basically from 85 to 50 it's alright and from 50 to 0 it would drop with half hour of use. so basically I would get around 2.5 hours of use (display on) which would include 45 min of streaming 1.5 hour of games and 15 minutes of browsing/reading news. I did the same task through the 5 charge cycles and the results were very similar and actually worse the last 2 charge cycles.
I gave this 2 stars because the cover fit much better than my ebay batteries. Other than that the battery itself is not worth it.
*No longer giving it 2 stars. Got a new battery and this thing doesn't compare at all.
fyi my 5 dollar ebay batteries would give me nearly double the life I get with this battery.. so back to that I go. this was pretty much a rip off and I wouldn't recommend it.

Update: So I returned this battery, got a prompt refund but not for the return shipping even though I included a note and through email they said they would.
I also purchased a seidio rebranded battery from best buy. It's called the platinum series. This battery is so much better. The temperature sensor actually works and I can get a whopping 10 hours or continuous use (tv, games etc) while on wifi. On 3g I'd estimate it at between 8-10 hours as well. A legit battery is so much more worth it but you can always take the risk and see if you get a good generic battery as well.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2012 9:39 PM PDT