Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Anthony C. Fehr > Reviews

Browse

Anthony C. Fehr's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony C. Fehr RSS Feed (Texas)

SanDisk Cruzer Glide CZ60 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive- SDCZ60-064G-B35
SanDisk Cruzer Glide CZ60 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive- SDCZ60-064G-B35
Price: $18.99
43 used & new from $14.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Big, Good Looking Drive, but not fast, June 12, 2012
I recently purchased this through an Amazon Daily Deal, needing some additional storage space for music to interface with my car stereo. When I plug this into my computer to transfer music to, I average around 5.5 mb/s, which I am satisfied with. I paid 39.99 and at 62 cents a gig, was a very good deal. I always delete all of the software off of a flash drive before I use it, so I cannot comment on the quality of the software.

All in all I'm satisfied with the performance of the drive and would say the cheap price is the main selling point.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2013 7:46 AM PDT

Le Creuset Silicone Basting Brush, Cherry
Le Creuset Silicone Basting Brush, Cherry
Offered by DaSalla's
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Be All End All of Basting Brushes, June 11, 2012
As a cooking enthusiast, I simply love purchasing new gadgets for the kitchen. Oftentimes, I find myself purchasing things I already have, just to see if they are better than what I'm already using. This basting brush will not be replaced anytime soon. In fact, I purchase two more and gave one to my parents. I use one for poultry and the other for fish and beef. Even though it is not dishwasher safe it is a dream to clean. Best of all, you will not find any loose hairs in your food when you've had it for two years. In fact, it should last you forever as long as you take care of it.

Nike Team Training Home & Away Gymsack (Varsity Red/Black/(Black))
Nike Team Training Home & Away Gymsack (Varsity Red/Black/(Black))

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Basketball or Cross Training Bag, June 11, 2012
I have purchased this bag twice, having had it stolen at the gym the first time. For its intended use, its great. To give you an idea of the size, you could fit a whole basketball and maybe a pair of gloves in it. I personally use it to carry my lifting gloves, a towel, a protein shaker, and my phone and I still have plenty of room leftover.

I bought the bag for its style, but it is also very well made. The bag material is synthetic and definitely will not rip while the cords are thick nylon. I have not had any issues with fraying our stretching of the bag or the straps. The bag is also lightweight. You can throw it on your back and just forget about it. If you could adjust the straps properly it probably wouldn't be a bad biking bag, though it may be a bit loose for running in.

Would definitely purchase again if I lost it (again).

Syntrax Innovations Matrix  Powder, Simply Vanilla, 5-Pound Bag
Syntrax Innovations Matrix Powder, Simply Vanilla, 5-Pound Bag
Offered by Etailz
Price: $49.26
10 used & new from $46.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Economical Protein Powder On the Market, June 11, 2012
If you have ever frequented GNC with any regularity, you know there are a million overpriced, awful tasting protein powders out there. This is not one of them. In fact, even at the extremely low cost, I find all of the Syntrax Matrix flavors to be head and shoulders above everything but Muscle Milk, and this has nearly zero carbs.

I have only been able to find this on Amazon and small, independent supplement stores so I tend to order in bulk, especially when I am aiming at losing weight. Fortunately, if you get a nice selection of flavors you can have a couple shakes every day and not get tired of them.

The protein also blends very effectively with ice in a blender or in just a shaker with water. You won't get those big wet clumps in the bottom you have to dig out with a spoon.

The quality of the protein is great as well. As a long time lifter, I don't see why people are still just taking Whey protein. This blend will take a full six hours to digest, helping your body rebuild muscle long after Whey protein has been absorbed over just two hours.

All in all, I wouldn't buy anything else other than Syntrax or Prohealth protein.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 27, 2012 9:41 AM PST

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000
Offered by ReStockIt
Price: $45.30
83 used & new from $22.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wireless Combo with One Caveat, June 11, 2012
Before I go into reviewing the product itself, I want to point out that this is my second purchase of this exact product.

I bought one earlier for use at work; it lasted two years. After one year, the rubber band on the mouse's scroll wheel became loose. It eventually fell off, though the scroll wheel still functioned normally by using the plastic portion of the wheel below the band. After two years, the wireless transceiver failed; ostensibly it burned out. Unfortunately Microsoft only had it under warranty for two years. Here is where things get tricky: You cannot buy a transceiver by itself. You must purchase the whole package again, even if the mouse and keyboard are still fully functional.

The mouse and keyboard by itself are great. The keyboard is bigger than I am used to and has great battery life thanks to the lack of light up keys. The mouse is super comfortable to use and has just enough buttons for me. Both get unbelievable reception. I can carry the keyboard with me into another room and use the forward button to play the next song on itunes or stop or start play.

The software for the peripherals is great as well. It installs quickly and comes with a bevy of options suitable for business or gaming use. You can reassign any key on the keyboard or mouse to another key, or create macros to be recalled at the push of a button. On default settings, all of the bonus keys on the keyboard provide a useful function. One calls up your email client, another your music player, and another your homepage. There are also additional keys for user made macros or outside functionality.

The mouse can be used on literally any surface. I can sit on the bed and run it across rumpled sheets and it still picks up the natural movement of my hand. Needless to say, it functions effortlessly on a desk or table and, though initially a little heavier than most mice, becomes a joy to use. It glides across surfaces with little if any friction, no mousepad required.

If you are a heavy user such as myself you should prepare to replace the whole thing in two years. Microsoft should really be better about selling parts for all of their peripherals if they know something has a chance of breaking and costs little to manufacture.

This is but a small problem and if I had to replace the product again, I would definitely buy the same thing. It is simply a joy to use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2012 9:08 AM PDT

Antec Soundscience Rockus 2.1
Antec Soundscience Rockus 2.1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2.1 System At An Affordable Price, June 11, 2012
Having just purchased a new computer for use with a 42" Vizio TV as a multipurpose media and gaming rig, I was in need of a good, loud set of speakers without breaking the bank. After reading reviews on line I was torn between these and the new Harmon Kardon soundsticks. I am ultimately happy with my purchase and will give the Pros and Cons below:

Pros
Loud: When I first plugged these things in I accidentally had the volume up all the way. I nearly blew out the sub the system was so loud.
Clear: I listen to many different types of music. I am happy with how the system handles guitar-based rock, electronic music, and bass heavy rap. The bass could be a little deeper, but for the size of the system I am very satisfied.
Inexpensive: Given the volume and aesthetics, I found this unit very competitively priced.

Cons:
Unclear Instructions: It took me a while to figure out how to set the system up. It came with nothing more than a single 8.5 x 11 page with sparse documentation and direction to their website. I was at least expecting a mini-manual of some kind.
Short Remote: The volume and mode adjusting remote is attached by a wire to the back of the sub. Though the wire is long enough for me, it may not suit all users purposes. It is only 2 feet long. A wireless remote would have been nice at this price.
Forced Mute: Whenever I poweroff the surge protector this is hooked up to, when I turn it back on the system is on mute mode and the volume setting has been reset. It would have been nice not to have to mess with the remote every time I turn it on.

Summary:

I think this is a great 2.1 system at the price, especially if you plan on gaming and watching movies through the same system. No 2.1 system will beat a 5.1 or higher system, but for all intents and purposes this unit accomplishes everything I need it to admirably at a fair price with high quality build, wires, and components.