ARRAY(0x9d67fd80)

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daryl Stanton III "Doc Diablo" RSS Feed (Wisconsin!)

True Brew Oktoberfest Home Brew Beer Ingredient Kit
True Brew Oktoberfest Home Brew Beer Ingredient Kit
Offered by Brew Naturally
Price: $38.95
10 used & new from $28.90

5.0 out of 5 stars It's done and amazing!, May 16, 2011
I've been drinking my Oktoberfest bier for about a week now, and it is great! Great flavor, great color (about a 12 on the lovibond scale), great everything. I'm completely happy with how this beer turned out. I bought this for my first attempt at brewing, so for beginners I HIGHLY recommend this. I am probably going to try my picking my own ingredients for my next batch, but if it doesn't turn out I will definitely buy this again!

(1st review)So far so good! My beer is bottled and now I have to wait a month for it to be ready to drink. Instructions were really easy to use, all of the ingredients were there and neatly packaged/labeled so it was a breeze when I was boiling the wort and whatnot. My house smelled amazing for about a day after brewing and starting the primary fermentation process. I will comment once the beer is done! I can't wait!

Mirroring Shadow
Mirroring Shadow
Price: $14.03
30 used & new from $6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm still recovering!, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Mirroring Shadow (Audio CD)
I'm still in shock. This album was so fast and brutal from the first note to the end, I'm still trying to figure out what happened! I'm a big Scar Symmetry fan, I'm a huge fan of Christian's vocals, once I heard he quit SS I was pretty upset. I hadn't had a chance to see them live and I was bummed that there wouldn't be any more SS cd's with his vocals on it....(the new GUY'S are pretty solid though) I STUMBLED across this cd just by chance, I saw he was the singer and immediately got excited, I got the cd, and Immediately got my ass kicked! There isn't anything negative I can say about this album. I miss his clean vox, but this isn't for that, maybe he'll have another project. Seriously, if you're reading this review, stop reading and buy the cd, It's worth every penny!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2011 1:47 AM PST

Threnody
Threnody
Price: $12.74
37 used & new from $0.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Speed of Tyrants, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Threnody (Audio CD)
These guys stand out to me because they play in Drop D flat tuning. That's about 4 steps higher than most newer bands out there. This means that the guitars shine unlike their peers. Their picking is super tight and they shred on all the songs. The musician ship really incredible. The drumming is technical and tight and the songs are really well crafted. The only drawback for me is the singer has one sound/note that he sings at and RARELY strays from that. Luckily the music is there to pick up for the lack of vocal variation. I hung out with their new guitarist when they came to my play in my little town (eau claire, wi!) and he was super cool, another reason why this band is cool, they can out shred alot of people and they're not dicks about it!

This is a good album if you like speed/thrashy/technical metal. There's also some atmospheric keyboards! Lots of double pedal, blast beats, solos, leads, and speed picking.
Lower/mid vocal range, nothing crazy unique about his voice. And there are awesome bass drops. pick it up!

Hemingway's Whiskey
Hemingway's Whiskey
Offered by B68 Solutions Limited
Price: $8.49
88 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, Really good album., October 2, 2010
This review is from: Hemingway's Whiskey (Audio CD)
I'm not a huge country fan, but I've spent many drunk nights with friends listening to Kenny. He reminds me of my Army days hahaha. I got his last album and thought it was crap. Just wasn't the Kenny that I remember or liked. This album is a biiiig step up from his last. These songs are well written and performed just as well. The standout track for me is Somewhere With You. The songs overall sound is quite a bit different, it actually has a classic rock feel, and the last few seconds of the song sounds like it should be on a Pink Floyd album. This CD is actually really good and I recommend it. It's pretty calming, but it's not boring. Definitely check it out!