Profile for L. Lefczik > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Lefczik "Cheap Larry" RSS Feed (NJ)

Crimes Of Passion
Crimes Of Passion
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars She shows her stong voice., February 11, 2013
This review is from: Crimes Of Passion (MP3 Music)
Listening to this album again reminds me of how a singer can sing loud without sounding like she is screaming. It is good to hear the classic rock again.

Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C3 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (2011 Model)
Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C3 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (2011 Model)
4 used & new from $225.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Price Match policy, August 29, 2011
Had I bought through Amazon.com (which I thought I did), I would have been able to get a refund of $21.33 according to the Amazon price matching policy. But, since I did not realize I purchased from Paul's TV through Amazon (watch the words here), I am not able to get any refund or credit from Paul's TV or Amazon. I contacted Customer Service of both and was refused.

I did get a response from Amazon CS "Some items offered on our website by sellers (Amazon Merchants) are labeled "Fulfilled by Amazon." These items are shipped to you directly from an Amazon.com fulfillment center, and we take full responsibility for their safe and timely arrival. But we've no control over the listed item prices and the change of prices on the website depends upon the individual seller."

I will definitely be careful where I make my next major purchase online. Instead of blindly thinking I am buying from Amazon when I am on Amazon.com, I will read the FINE PRINT and search other sites, including E-Bay and Overstock.com, for a better deal. While $21 may not seem like much money to companies like Amazon and Paul's TV, it is a large sum for the 85 year old buyer of this TV. BUYER BEWARE!

-----------
As for the TV: I am still getting used to the menus and learning about the TV itself. At this size, 720P seems the same as 1080i, so that is not an issue. As a matter of fact, I can see a difference on my 60" between 720p and 1080i.

I scanned my cable system feed directly into the Antenna connector to bypass the cable box since this cable box is not HD, but direct on cable is. To watch HD I use the TV input, Video 4 for the rest of cable channels.

One feature some TVs have is when manually storing channels, it displays the channel while stepping through to save or erase. This set does not. A little annoying while programming, but will not matter when done.

Like I said, the cable box is not HD and found that this set does not have an S-Video input. Again, not a big deal if you have an HD cable box.

I am still looking to find how to get to the calibration menus for Gain and Bias so any tips would be appreciated.

Regalo Easy Step Walk Thru Gate, White
Regalo Easy Step Walk Thru Gate, White
Price: $32.00
23 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusing to build at first. Used for a small dog with modification, December 22, 2010
We bought this gate to contain my mother-in-law's small 5 pound dog in her kitchen. The gate arrived at our house and I decided to unpack it for a trial build before takining it to her house. Out of the box, the gate looked defective. The gap at the top of the gate seemed to be about an inch too big and the door latch did not meet the fixed part of the gate. After some complainig about cheap workmanship and poor QA, and being surprised Amazon would sell such a product, I got to thinking that I would see how much pressure it would take to get the gap to close enough to latch. Then it hit me, since this is pressure mounted in the doorway, the gap will close when it is installed. Well after a half hour of fooling around with this and many words that should not be used in front of kids, I was cofident it could work as-is. I was ready to put it back in the box to take to the mother-in-laws and dumped the box to get all the packing material out. A small 3"x3" pice of paper fell out and it warned not to be concerned about the gap since it will close up during installation. I wish they would staple that piece of paper to the instrucion sheet. It would have saved a lot of agravation.

So the gate got installed at the house. The doorway opening required the adjustment screws to be almost totally out. In hind sight, we may have needed the next size bigger gate. The little dog was able to get between the gate and the wall. I added a peice of wood in that area to stop the escapes. Now the gate is doing its job.

Carrand Fire Hose Nozzle with On/Off Switch
Carrand Fire Hose Nozzle with On/Off Switch
Price: $12.65
18 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't try to put out a Fire with this., January 18, 2010
This nozzle has a very limited water flow output. You would have to be very close to a fire to use this nozzle.

There is no "Spray", just a dispersed flow. The focused jet setting is weak. Next time I am in Walmart I will buy another $1.97 nozzle in the car department to replace this. That one gives much more pressure and more variations in spray to jet, it just doesn't hold up in 10 degree temperature with water in it.

Samsung© T809 D820 SGH-D830 SGH-D840 SGH-E250 SGH-E900 SGH-F300 SGH-U300 SGH-U600 SGH-X820 SGH-X830 T509 SPH-M610 SCH-U740 Alias SPH-M620 SGH-D900 Rapid Auto Car Charger with IC Chip
Offered by Everydaysource
Price: $3.87
6 used & new from $0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you ask for at this price., June 2, 2008
Works just fine. The charger charges the phone just as fast as the phone store one for 35 times the price. There is an LED to let you know there is power to the charger.

Delivery was fast and ahead of schedule.

Samsung SCH-U470 Juke Cell Phone Car Charger
Samsung SCH-U470 Juke Cell Phone Car Charger
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $4.53
3 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the price, June 2, 2008
When compared to what the phone store charges, you can buy 7 or eight of these. But this one has been working just fine since day one, and that is with teeanage users. Chord is a little on the short side, but that is a good thing since we have three or four different chargers in the car that get tangled togther.

Delivery was quick. I am very happy with product, and will buy another if this one ever stops working.

Innotek Basic In-Ground Pet Fencing System, SD-2000
Innotek Basic In-Ground Pet Fencing System, SD-2000
Price: $92.89
52 used & new from $82.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Parts expensive, August 16, 2006
It worked - for a while.

Customer service at Innotek is the pits. I felt like I was bothering in the guy on the phone.

I had to call because my transmitter stopped working. If you read the warrentee, it is not covered for lightning stikes. One of the first questions is "Could it have taken a lightning strike?" How would I know. The wire is in the ground outside. I guess it could have. Try to prove there was no lightning near by. I realize now it was not engineered to survive any near-by strikes so they will not cover the transmitter.

When I asked if there was any options, he tried to sell me a $250 dollar system. No offer to fix it or replace it. Price for just the transmitter $60 + S/H. I am now looking for a different brand system for not much more. That way I will get a new transmitter and new collar and, hopefully, a friendly CUSTOMER service..

Yes, I will avoid this brand.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2014 9:10 AM PDT