ARRAY(0xa2caef30)

Customer Reviews: 184

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brockeim "Playful Literary Adventurer" RSS Feed (Where the wind blows.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Bankers Box File Storage Box with Lift-Off Lid, Letter/Legal, 12 x 10 x 15 Inches, White, 4-Pack (0070329)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Way to Store Important Papers and Love Letters, February 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A box is never a box. I suppose there are people who collect such things for the sake of owning a box, but otherwise, a box is about what it stores.

The box constructs quickly and easily. You need to know that.

Ordinary files fit efficiently into the boxes. That's important.

It is sturdy. This matters.

And it can hold thousands of letters from a love gone by, poems she'll never know were written to her, and doodles she scribbled that are too precious to throw away. This is why you buy the box.

May your Bankers Box hold your financials and your memories from now until eternity.

Black & Decker CM4000S 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Black & Decker CM4000S 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Price: $35.99
3 used & new from $20.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Average Enough, But Not Overwhelmed, January 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker by Black & Decker gets the job, and does everything as advertised. It fills the middle spot between entry level level and sturdier drip coffeemakers.

I found no problem with the taste of the coffee.

A negative is it can be a bit drippy when lifting the top to clean the basket. Water is difficult to poor in.

I had hoped to use this in my office, but instead, I'll just pull it out when I have parties and require a decaf pot.

--Brockeim
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2014 10:26 AM PST

BISSELL CleanView Complete Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology, 8531
Price: $139.00
15 used & new from $116.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Expected on a Dreary Morning a Week Later, January 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Petals from a dozen roses fell as they do on the floor, waiting for my sadness to surcease than I could clean them up. And with the Bissell Deluxe Pet Vacuum, I did.

I won't tell you why there were roses or why I let their petals fall or why I watched them for a week beyond before cleaning them. I will tell you I used this vacuum on my hardwood floor with great success.

It should be no surprise the petals flew quickly into the canister. What amazed me was the other unseen dirt which came through the tube. Dust, bits of crusted bread, hair, and other things with no description.

I have had this for many months and use it regularly on wood, carpet, concrete and floor rugs of varied threads. The device has sufficient settings for all of it. I reached easily under counters and corners, and cleaning the canister was no trouble at all.

I am completely satisfied with the vacuum. May the next dozen roses meet a more wonderful fate.

--Brockeim

Cardi Men's Super 150s Luxury Viscose 6 Button Peak Satin Lapel Tail Coat Tuxedo
Offered by Paragon Stores
Price: $230.05

5.0 out of 5 stars For That Dashing, Classic Old Country Look, January 15, 2014
When you want to look like Grandpa Munster without the red lapel, try this six button peak lapel satin coat tuxedo.

You'll look good enough to be buried in it, and good enough to live in it.

A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates
A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates
by The RAND Corporation
Price: $64.95
27 used & new from $44.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, January 14, 2014
I did the math. It is accurate from start to finish. These are, in fact, random digits.

I look forward to a sequel.

ACE All Purpose 7" Comb 61286
ACE All Purpose 7" Comb 61286
Offered by SuperBiz
Price: $1.00
4 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Maintains Grooming and Romance, December 27, 2013
If she saw my wind-mussed hair, she might have thought, "There is someone who lives in the element," or she may have determined, "Didn't he remember we were going to the show?"

I remembered and so I combed it.

You don't need much to maintain good grooming. Don't overspend. A simple comb is all you need. This is all you need. It is sturdy, compact enough to keep in a glove compartment or jacket, and inexpensive enough to be almost disposable.

Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
Price: Click here to see our price
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Bananas Come Pre-Sliced, August 19, 2013
As all of my bananas grow pre-sliced, I returned mine. My dear uncle gave me one as a gift, not realizing my banana tree is magic. Other than that, I have no complaints.

--Brockeim

Perfect Stix FS204 Birchwood Coffee Stirrer Stix, 7-1/2" Length (Pack of 1,000)
Perfect Stix FS204 Birchwood Coffee Stirrer Stix, 7-1/2" Length (Pack of 1,000)
Price: $11.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Morning Has Broken, But It Can Be Stirred Into Gladness, August 19, 2013
Stirring cream into coffee, watching the smoky cloud brighten the dusky drink, is the beginning of good days. Spoons work well-enough, but their inadequacy lay in their efficiency. Wide and concave, a spoon swirls creamed coffee swiftly, and the morning starts too fast. Pace those first moments with Wooden Coffee Stirrers, and every moment after will be more welcome than the last.

With the Wooden Coffee Stirrers, the lingering night escapes more slowly, more gently. Mornings are better begun not bounding, but with a kind crawl. The thin, flat surface slips the cream into the coffee, blending like candlelight in a dim room in May.

The wooden stirrer is closer to nature than the chemical of plastic, or the harshness of steel. Friendly to the fingertips, the action of the stirrer is comfortable, an ally for meeting your hopes for good coffee and a nice day.

Increase the welcome of each morning by using the Wooden Coffee Stirrers. 1,000 should last a year. Make sure it is a good year.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2013 7:49 PM PDT

Ziploc Freezer Bag Value Pack, Quart Size-40 ct
Ziploc Freezer Bag Value Pack, Quart Size-40 ct
Offered by NorthShore Care Supply
Price: $8.48
3 used & new from $4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects Filet Mignons and My Heart, August 19, 2013
I only needed two bags. You'll find 40 in this pack. I used the other 38 for more pedestrian purposes.

In my freezer now, just as has been for two years, are two 6 oz. cuts of filet mignon. They are seasoned. Some garlic, onion, ground pepper (I ground it myself), and the smallest speckle of salt. That's all.

Soon, I will unzip my Ziploc Freezer Bags to reveal two filets, and she and I will dine, shadowed by glimmering candles brightened against her eyes, increased by her smile.

My grill was hot with pecan wood, smoldering and smoking, waiting. She said she would here at 7:00 p.m. It was a Friday night, and when 7:00 passed, I guessed traffic slowed her down. When 8:00 passed, I thought she mistook the time. When 9:00 passed, I believe she wrote down Saturday instead of Friday. When Saturday passed, I knew she would come by next Friday.

A week, a month, two years have passed. She'll call. I'll be ready. A bottle of Bordeaux is in my cabinet, below where two glasses sit prepared. Plates and silverware are on the table all shined and dusted, candles stand in their holders wanting to burn, and I sit poised by the phone and computer expecting her to call or IM.

The other 38 bags, all used in these last two years, went into work as fresh keepers of pretzels, storage of loose rubber bands, and sandwich carriers on my way to work. None have as noble or as urgent employment as those protecting my two filets and my heart.

--Brockeim
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 2:48 PM PST

Bounty Quilted Napkins Select Prints, 160 Count (Pack of 16)
Bounty Quilted Napkins Select Prints, 160 Count (Pack of 16)
Price: $57.44
8 used & new from $47.11

5.0 out of 5 stars When a French Pastry Kisses You, Use Bounty Quilted Napkins, August 19, 2013
The scent of freshly baked French pastry lilts from where it is to where I am sitting. The butter calls out to the dough, and their love folds into gentle layers. Sliced apples, cut into curved angles, kindle a warm smile. Soon, I arise, then arrive, and Nancy offered me some of what I longed for.

One piece was enough, satiating what needed feeding. This, with a short espresso, left evidence of a tasted kiss. The Bounty Quilted Napkins, stocked always, conveniently, were an arm's reach away.

Wiping away the smudge of coffee and pastry, the napkin proved itself a worthy member of my kitchen. May your kitchen to be as complete as mine with simple and helpful Bounty Quilted Napkins.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19