Profile for Brockeim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 237

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brockeim "Playful Literary Adventurer" RSS Feed (Where the wind blows.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
All-Clad Textiles Premium Collection Heavyweight 100-Percent Cotton Twill and Silicone Oven Mitt, Pewter
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Like It Hot (But Wear A Glove), May 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Some endure the heat when pulling food out from the oven. They do the finger dance when lifting something sitting upon aluminum foil. And sometimes, they drop the food, burn their fingers, and otherwise make a good thing bad. Don't do that.

Some like it hot. They should. There's nothing like the graceful smells from fresh baked bread or a simmering tomato sauce, or the easy flow of dripping cheese or melted chocolate. But wear a glove. Protection will keep you and your food as they should be.

This glove is like any other glove on the market, except that it has little rubber ridges on the face so that the pot or pan doesn't slip. You'll get a better grip.

I used it already making salmon and pizza, as well as some Muhammad Ali-style one-fisted shadow boxing in my kitchen.

It's a good glove you can use in your kitchen for cooking or pretend boxing.

WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vacs WS0401VA Portable Wet Dry Shop Vacuum for Auto
WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vacs WS0401VA Portable Wet Dry Shop Vacuum for Auto
Price: $101.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible for Home Use, May 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't know what to expect. Or, rather, I thought I did. I expected something sturdier than my main floor vacuum in a less attractive, more industrial-looking unit. It's that, and more.

What it does is simple: It vacuums wet or dry areas, and can blow just as hard. How hard? It sucks amazingly well. When I used it against my stairs, in that impossible to clean perpendicular spot where the carpeting corners such that dust gathers, but never leaves -- that spot -- I thought it did a great job. When I opened the bin where the dust collected, I saw it went beyond great, and sucked in far more dust, crumbs, hair than I realized.

Set-up was brisk. Everything attached as easy as a standard vacuum. Cleaning the bin was likewise quick.

It is a good size for me. Hardcore users, like someone regularly doing carpentry or other some-such, may prefer a larger model. Me? I'm happy with it, and will make good use of this during spring cleaning.

--Brockeim

Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse (910-004337)
Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse (910-004337)
Price: $99.99
9 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouse I've Owned, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This might be the 30th mouse I've owned, or primarily used due to a job or project. I'm making that number up, as I really have no idea. It could be higher. My point is that I've used many-a-mouse.

On both a laptop and desktop computer (Windows), I found it easy to use. With both, I tried it on glass and wood surfaces with no difference noticed. Charging was quick. They say 4:00, but I didn't pay attention. I can say 30:00 for sure.

Bluetoothing it was a flash, as was, as you'd expect, hooking it up the old fashioned way.

I am not a hardcore gamer who will probably appreciate the features more, but even still, I'm impressed. Took a bit to get used to the thumb roller, but it is handy.

My only criticism is that it felt big in my hand.

--Brockeim

Swingline Electric Stapler, Speed Pro 45 Sheets, Black (S7042141)
Swingline Electric Stapler, Speed Pro 45 Sheets, Black (S7042141)
Price: $68.72
11 used & new from $54.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Stapling Old Letters, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Swingline brand goes back to the 1920s. My memories of a Swingline stapler goes back to the 1960s. But its importance to me (not the brand, but my stapler) goes through to today and beyond.

With only plugging in and loading staples, the Swingline Electric Stapler is easy to use. And so it was this afternoon, stapling old love letters never sent. The scattered letters, collected from random drawers and boxes, are now one.

I slipped 20 in at a time, automatically stapling with a quick click. The stapler can handle 45, it says, but 20 sufficed for me, a month of letters each. I said I'd write every day, but sometimes words are hard to find. And sending them was harder. Love is not for the shy; she found another.

So I have now well-stapled these memories of what might have been. May your stapler serve you as well.

Heegin Women's Blue and Black White and Gold Stripe Lace Bodycon Dress
Heegin Women's Blue and Black White and Gold Stripe Lace Bodycon Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars She Blinded Me With Science, April 27, 2015
Her eyes shimmered in a kind blue, the sort that teases in the light, the sort which forces a man to follow into her heart. With each glimmer of the candle, everything changed. Her eyes became gold, and the whites contrasted the black of her pupil in alluring grace.

Her smile, like her eyes, called me forth. Its color remained steady, but her lips said things involving no words.

Her dress, just as you see here, carried lines and curves to new places, just her own lines and curves gave rise to new lands. So it is with simple romance, all familiar, and all exciting, afresh and shimmering, colorful and true.

If the right woman wears this dress, you'll be thinking of other things that the physics of light.

--Brockeim

Kellogg's Cereal Cup Assortment Pack - Special K, 3 flavors (Pack of 24)
Kellogg's Cereal Cup Assortment Pack - Special K, 3 flavors (Pack of 24)
Price: $29.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchier and Tastier Than I Remembered, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Reading some of the reviews, I need to say this clearly: What I saw advertised, and what was shipped to me, was the Kellogg's Cereal Cup Assortment Pack - Special K, 3 flavors:

* Plain
* Plain with Red Berries
* Plain with Fruit and Yogurt

As a kid, I hated Special K. I don't remember why.

For the purpose of this review, I ate them without milk, how I eat all cereal. I prefer it that way. Very crunchy, you'll get a workout. There's no rushing through these.

I like the red berries one most, though not the dried strawberries themselves. However, dust from them flavored them all, giving them a Crunchberry-meets-Frosted Flakes-like taste.

The plain was not unlike extra crunchy corn flakes. I didn't mind those.

The ones with fruit and yogurt had no discernible fruit. The yogurt came in the form of crunchy pea-sized pieces.

Notice the word crunchy throughout. I cannot emphasize that enough. Let it be said that it is OK, not like Grapes Nuts. Those of you who mix them in milk will probably find them softer.

I'd buy them again.

Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolate, Silver Foils, 66.7 Ounce
Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolate, Silver Foils, 66.7 Ounce
Price: $29.94
2 used & new from $29.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Average Chocolate, Incredible Memories, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It took hours to unwrap each kiss from its thin silver casing. I flattened the casings into neat squares. And poured a tall glass of milk.

So I ate. One at a time. I remembered sharing chocolate with Nancy with every bite, every taste.

These are the ordinary Hershey's Kisses. The packaging is the same. The chocolate is the same. Every one of the little strips are the same. Only the bag is bigger.

The memories and the romance are whatever you live and remember. The 66.7 oz bag will help make them last a little longer.

--Brockeim

DII Insulated Casserole Carrier for Perfect for Summer Picnics, BBQ's, Potlucks and Parties, Monogramming Checkered, Red/White
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For Picnics and Romantic Train Rides in the Rain, April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A picnic planned in Grant Park overlooking Lake Michigan had all the marks of romance:

Sauvignon Blanc disguised in water bottles
Apples and pears for slicing
A loaf of French bread
A knife
Butter
And water actually in water bottles.

The afternoon looked to be amazing -- 72 degrees, light wind, a few white clouds in a blue sky. When I picked Nancy up at noon, I expected bliss to follow for hours. We sat on the "L" and wondered.

Then the blue skies blew into darkness, and white clouds grayed. The wind changed into a heavy thickness. Rain poured.

We stayed in the "L" for the return trip. And again. We sat on the train, riding the Green Line north and south and north for hours.

We smiled at the guy with the duffel bag selling tube socks. We sliced the fruit and bought three pairs.

We watched the branches sway in the park. We drank the wine and pretended to sway like the trees.

We sang and everyone joined in. We shared the bread with our new friends.

Finally, we washed it down the day with fresh spring water just as the rain stopped, knowing Grant Park would always be there. This day, though, we took the train.

While this casserole carrier does, and I know this, carry an 8" x 11" 2 liter pan filled with a hot meal, it can contain so much more.

All-Clad Textiles 100-Percent Cotton Solid Kitchen Towel, Pewter
All-Clad Textiles 100-Percent Cotton Solid Kitchen Towel, Pewter
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious Simplicity, Matching My Decor Nicely, April 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Against my stark, dull gray metal refrigerator hung a stained, torn kitchen towel. It served many years of glory. Spilled wine, hands damp from washing, pots too hot to carry all were remedied by that towel. It was time to retire to the laundry room.

When the pewter cotton towel by All Clad Textiles arrived, my original towel sadly left its berth on the refrigerator handle.

Large, glorious in its simple style, the new towel, the one you are considering, hung, ready to clean, ready to dry.

And so it has. How long are its days? I cannot say, but it matches my decor nicely.

--Brockeim

Turtle Beach Impact 100 Gaming Keyboard for PC and Mac (TBS-4800-01)
Turtle Beach Impact 100 Gaming Keyboard for PC and Mac (TBS-4800-01)
Price: $59.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough, Sturdy, Made to Last, March 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm typing this review out on my Turtle Beach Impact 100 Gaming Keyboard. The letters are all as expected. The number keypad: check.

As others here have aptly written, it is a tank. As such, a heavy-handed typer like me can't move the keyboard. Not only does it weigh more than most keyboards, it has rubber pads to keep it in place.

I tested a few things, like multiple keying. I tried eight keys at once. To my surprise, each is there.

It isn't especially quiet and has an industrial feel, much like a keyboard did when I work in a factory.

I don't like how small each key is, or how much each key curves. After a long bit of typing, my fingers felt a little raw.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20