Profile for Leon Roberts > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leon Roberts "NegroDamus" RSS Feed (Camp Arifjan, Kuwait)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1 - PlayStation 2
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1 - PlayStation 2
Offered by drum_video_games
Price: $15.99
46 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Even in the new PS4 Generation, This is still a great value...., January 9, 2014
First Off, This is only for Fans of the Old-School Beat 'Em ups from SNK. If you loved any of the Fatal Fury or King of Fighters games than this is totally worth every penny. SNK decided to re-release its entire Library to celebrate its 15th Anniversary and I am happy they did so. You can now get all of you favorite SNK titles for under $20 each very easily. This title was at the top of my list and well worth it.
I play a ton of PS3 games but, I regularly go back to my PS2 library due to my Generation 1 PS3 backwards Compatibility. This title as well as many other SNK collections such as Samurai Showdown & Metal Slug Anthology are on my top 10 list.

Fatal Frame + Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly - PS3 [Digital Code]
Fatal Frame + Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly - PS3 [Digital Code]
Price: $7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Great Games 1 Great Bargin, December 29, 2013
This deal is cheaper than buying the games on the PS2. These were always great games but at this price they are Awesome. These Digital Downloads are PS2 games Up-scaled to look better on the PS3. If you buy the PS2 games otherwise you wont get the up-scaled versions.

100G 3.5 Oz. PEA Phenylethylamine Hcl Pharma Grade Powder Foil Sealed for freshness. Ultra Pure Powder.
Offered by TheBulkSource
Price: $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! Is the Optimal word here..., December 29, 2013
I only read about this stuff because I was doing research on Modafinil which is a chemical that helps to make you more alert and wakeful. This Product not only helped to make me feel more alert it also gave me an extreme sense of Euphoria. I am still on it as I write this and I feel Happy, and I feel a rush of energy. I think I may have taken too much of it at once but, I feel so great I had to write this review immediately. I think I will take a dose of this before having sex because I also feel I could go for at least 6 hours. I will absolutely buy more of this awesome product.

Price: $8.99
29 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Track "Stalemate" deserves 5-stars on its own..., August 23, 2013
This review is from: Ministry of Love (Audio CD)
IO Echo's hypnotic track "Stalemate" was featured on the latest season of Misfits the awesome British Drama/Comedy/Thriller show. The Track "Stalemate" deserves 5-stars on its own and the rest of the tracks are just really cool bonuses. Overall this is a very well rounded album that I think is easily a full play through. What does a full play through mean exactly? It means you can push play and not have to skip a track, just push play Listen and relax.

Fight Club (10th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Fight Club (10th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Edward Norton
Price: $5.99
145 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a Cult Classic Smash Hit..., February 22, 2013
What can I say that hasn't already been said about this film? Nothing! and why is that? Because this film is still great, and is now commonly known as a cult classic.

From 1999 to 2013 I've had to have seen this film at least 30 times. I kept re-watching this because there are so many quick hidden elements to this film. for Example, Do you know how many times Tyler Durden flashes in front of the screen before we are introduced to him on the plane? Well, I'm not telling you because it was fun re-watching and counting for myself.

The movie is still watchable and the movie has stood the test of time. While watching this film it's really hard to believe this is a 14 year old film. So enough drooling over the film itself, lets shift focus to the 10th Anniversary Blu-ray version.

I've seen this in theaters, watched on VHS, Owned it on DVD, and now the blu-ray. The blu-ray version tops all formats in visual quality. The blu-ray Special Features are fantastic but, they are the same quality as the features from the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD that came out years ago. I think that they should have re-vamped all of the Bonus content in HD. That's my only complaint and that complaint isn't strong enough not to give a 5 Star rating.

If this is your first time watching this film I think you will enjoy it. I recommend this to everybody and I will watch this with my future children and hopefully my Grand children as well.

Zangeki no Reginleiv [Japan Import]
Zangeki no Reginleiv [Japan Import]
Offered by baobao japan
Price: $84.99
45 used & new from $42.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Japanese Exclusive that shoul've come over to the USA, February 10, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a Hack N' Slash type game much like Sengoku Basara but with slightly better detail in graphics and oh did I mention the AWESOME! BLOOD AND GUTS?
Yes this game is great! and Yes the American people deserve more games like this BUT, guess what? Nintendo screwed the pooch on this one and made it a Japan Exclusive. So some of the menus are in JP and of course the dialog is JP but, the game is so cool it doesn't matter that it is in another language.
I'm not happy with the import price tag but, it was well worth the price once I played it. Zengeki no Reginleiv is set in a Medieval Alternate world that seems pretty interesting. As we all know a Medieval setting leads to Swords and Sorcery, which leads to Blood and Guts in battle.
Nintendo had so few true Mature rated games on the Wii and this game would've given some much needed variety for the U.S. fans to choose from. That is why I gave it only 4 Stars because of the whole import price and translation. Other than that, this is a great game and I advise the last remaining Wii fans to purchase this cool game.

PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Controller Faceplate
PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops Controller Faceplate
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to..., February 8, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It's a faceplate that protects your controller from scratches while looking really cool. That's it, That's all it does and that's all it is supposed to do. So why not give it 5 stars? I say it deserves 5 stars so lets give to 'em.

Minisuit Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case for Google Nexus 7 (1st Gen 2012) Rubberized Back
Offered by MiniSuit
Price: $24.95
4 used & new from $23.09

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought this for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, February 3, 2013
I read on a Android hackers website that this would work for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. I was so stoked at the idea of having a case that would make my Tab 7.7 look like a mini Laptop that I headed over to Amazon.com to buy it that day. After having this cool device for a few days I must report that it works for the Tab 7.7 but only halfway. What does that mean? well, my Tab 7.7 fits in the slot perfectly when it is in keyboard mode BUT, it will not work as a Case/Cover due to the extra .7 in the 7.7 of the name. So the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is length wise a perfect 7 inches but Width wise the Minisuit case can't fit it. As a keyboard only it is great even though it doesn't have a Tab key which is why I took one star away. The non-slip bottom also comes in handy so overall it was a good purchase.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi+3G P6800 16GB Silver Unlocked GSM Tablet - International Version
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2013 2:05 PM PST

Sony Playstation 3 160GB System
Sony Playstation 3 160GB System
Offered by dudefromhawaii
Price: $349.95
269 used & new from $120.80

5.0 out of 5 stars The 1st Generation PS3 is Absolutely the best!, February 2, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
PlayStation 3 60GB System

Yeah its like a heavy 500lb lift every time you pick it up, Yes it had and has over heating issues but you know what? THIS IS STILL THE PS3 MODEL YOU SHOULD GET. Why you ask? Because what most kids don't understand is that Sony Corporation Japan set out to make the best all-in-one console they could make upfront. Sony gave us the best version of PS3 in the very start and from there they began to strip away features.
Remember, the first Gen PS3 could read any type memory card, had 4 USB ports, an On/Off power switch and above all could read PS1/PS2/PS3 games. The younger kids are looking at the new models like "Whoa, its lighter and slimmer" not realizing Sony just stripped away and Dumber downed the capabilities of the system by removing the Chip set that was dedicated to reading the PS1/PS2 games and the memory card reader slots.
Lots of fans including myself had some gripes about the first Gen PS3. Mainly the over heating was a problem which led to other problems like the YLOD (yellow light of death) and the Backwards Compatibility would not work sometimes. What most people didn't realize is there are fixes for the over heating problems.
For example, My PS3 has not only an external cooling fan to pull heat out but it also has a Bigger, Better Fan inside and it has Thermal Padding on the CPU. For those that don't know what Thermal padding is, It is a soft clay like material that acts as a heat sink for the circuits on the PS3 motherboard. We all complained that the 60GB hard drive was too small to hold all the downloads and game data but Sony made the hard drive easily replaceable by even the most novice gamer.
I replaced my 60GB standard laptop type drive with a 240GB Solid State Drive. It only took 10 minutes to change the drive, literally removing the drive cover, 3 screws, switching the drive, putting it back in, restarting my PS3, formatting the drive and done.
So to make a long story short, If you are looking to buy a PS3 don't be suckered into the slim PS3. Buy yourself a 1st GEN. PS3 for around $200usd and take it to a repairman to fix it up with these minor upgrades and you will enjoy that system for years to come. Everything you need can be purchased right here on Amazon.com for reasonable prices. You can also get some YouTube video tutorials on how to do this all yourself and save big on the upgrades. Either way you decide you will have made the right decision if you buy the 1st Generation PS3.

**UPDATE 11FEB2013 - Here is a guide to help you fix and extend the life of your PS3**
[...]