Profile for Reba Belle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reba Belle RSS Feed (Lone Star State)

In Her Bed (The Dragons of Challon, Book 2)
In Her Bed (The Dragons of Challon, Book 2)
by Deborah MacGillivray
58 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Book #2, August 11, 2007
Looks like I will be the "voice of dissent" here. First of all, I want to go on record as saying how well written "A Restless Knight" (book #1) was.

The style of book #2 (this one) is different as it occurs AT THE SAME TIME, BUT FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE as book #1. It was kinda neat, actually; except that there was repeat scenes and EXACT dialogue from book #1 throughout--but again from the perspective of Damien or Aithinne. Yet, when you already know the final outcome(s) kinda puts a "blah" on the suspense/drama.

Okay, that repetition aside, there was a great deal of repeated conversations and thoughts from this book alone. Case in point, Evelynour tells Aithinne something, Aithinne then repeats it to several others and unfortunately, we have to read that same information over and over again. This happens throught the book. And dreams that we read, then experience--almost verbatum. Come on...

Also, I did not like Damien's character! Up until the final millimeter of the book he showed very little feeling for Aithinne other than as a bed partner. It even appeared that he USED her in bed thinking of Tamlyn.

And, that entire "he loves Tamlyn" just got old.

And, all the arguing! ugh

The 3 brothers and guard didn't add to the story, but took away from it. Again, my opinion.

All the jealousy was just tiring. If you remember in book 1 it was Tamlyn that felt Aithinne was the "prettier" cousin. "Wish" (LOL) they could have somehow come to terms with that early in this book.

Finally, the title, "In Her Bed." Well, with a title like that can't really take the book to the local auto shop to read while having the car repaired, huh?

There it is, the voice of dissent. Sorry. I really wanted to like this book. I read book #1--twice.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 8:22 PM PDT

Kiss of Crimson (The Midnight Breed, Book 2)
Kiss of Crimson (The Midnight Breed, Book 2)
by Lara Adrian
Price: $7.99
208 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Book #2 in this Series, August 6, 2007
For whatever reason I read this book before book #1. I LIKED IT! It did not throw off the story and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on book #1.

Yes, there are some similarities to J R Ward's Brotherhood (wonderful books!), but in my opinion there are enough differences to make this series just as entertaining.

Now, I realize when I bought this book, I was not buying the "great american novel," but a vampire romance.

I liked both main characters; afterall, how can a person like a book when they don't like the main characters? There are some funny "one liners," too.

I found this book to be well written, moves right along and there were some suprises.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2007 4:01 PM PDT

Wicked Under the Covers (Carlisle Family, Book 1)
Wicked Under the Covers (Carlisle Family, Book 1)
by Barbara Pierce
67 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 Stars!, May 30, 2007
I enjoyed this book. It starts right off and just goes. Both main characters are very likeable. I found the book to be well written and edited. Some of the secondary characters have room for their own stories... I did not care for the way this book ended. Could have used an epilogue. Just built up to so much and SPLAT! it ended.