Profile for Amethyst Sunshine Daisies > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amethyst Sunshine Daisies RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Build
Build
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotus Brings the Heat Again, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Build (MP3 Music)
Another phenomenal album brought with the spirit and fire of earlier tracks. The Kodiak on it is spectacular and you will be dancing the entire time.

Skins - Series 6 [NON-U.S.A. FORMAT: PAL + Region 2 + U.K. Import]
Skins - Series 6 [NON-U.S.A. FORMAT: PAL + Region 2 + U.K. Import]
DVD ~ NON-U.S.A. FORMAT: PAL + Region 2
9 used & new from $12.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Skins, Volume 6, January 16, 2013
Intriguing and captivating, the cast in this volume immediately grabs your attention from episode one. Definitely a much-watch in your a Skins fan. I was sorely disappointed after Volume 5, but this season definitely redeems itself. Entertaining and fun in the usual Skins fashion.

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
by Chelsea Handler
89 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, July 8, 2012
Second Handler book that I've read so far that I haven't been impressed with. I thought that alot of the short stories were overdone and not nearly as funny as they were supposed to be. I like the easy-reading writing style but I thought that overall the book fell short of expectations. Handler should stick to the live action and leave the books for real writers.

21 Jump Street
21 Jump Street
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 21 Jump Street, July 8, 2012
Channing Tatum and Seth Rogen give excellent performances in a hysterical, well-done, remake of the original series. Cameo from Johnny Depp helped make this enjoyable movie. It was well-done with a believable plotline and should definitely be checked out.

The Hunger Games (Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Book 1)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $6.21
2443 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games, July 3, 2012
Captivating, riveting, and thoroughly enjoyable, The Hunger Games was a worthwhile read. It was a slow moving in the beginning but halfway through I couldn't put it down until I finished it. There were plot twists and turns that kept it flowing very nicely, and you couldn't help rooting for Katniss, the main character, the whole time. I thought the idea for the book using a post-apocalyptic North American setting was fresh and inventive. I was intrigued by the many different flora that were presented such as the trackerjackets and mockingjays. I'm looking forward to watching the movie now and reading the next two books in the series.

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary
Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary
by David Sedaris
Price: $13.99
227 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Squirrel Meets Chipmunk, June 29, 2012
I was expecting more of Sedaris' comical commentary, but I was left with a rather drab and boring collection of short animal stories. None of the stories really had any type of lasting effect to them, and many of them were dark and depressing. I especially disliked the pictures that accompanied them. All in all I would say it's my least favorite of Sedaris' books so far, and I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time reading this.

Innocence
Innocence
by Jane Mendelsohn
Price: $13.44
129 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Innocence, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Innocence (Paperback)
First and foremost, I disliked this book by the choppy one paragraph and 3 spaces approach to the writing. One page chapters along with the choppy writing style made everything feel short and forced. The story itself was dramatically bland. Nothing held my attention and it the plot never flowed well. The characters were not well rounded and I was left with really only knowing the main character, Beckett. By the end of the book I was so irritated by the lack of details and explanations with things that I almost put it down. I guess I probably should of because the end fell short of all expectations I might have had. Also, drinking tea made out of tampon teabags was super gross and made the whole thing even weirder and less enjoyable.

Drift: Stories
Drift: Stories
by Victoria Patterson
Price: $5.18
35 used & new from $0.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Drift: Stories, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Drift: Stories (Paperback)
The chapter segments on their own were well-written and intriguing. The book, however, failed to spin these chapter segments together into a worth-while story. There were too many characters and too many chapter segments that didn't go anywhere. Several chapters held characters that were never talked about or mentioned again for the rest of the book, which seemed like it was just wasted words. Also there didn't seem to be any type of resolutions or ending to the characters. I was left wondering about each character and was left with emptiness from the book.

Tell-All
Tell-All
by Chuck Palahniuk
Price: $12.13
86 used & new from $4.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Tell-All, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Tell-All (Paperback)
At some point Chuck Palahniuk is going to need to produce another quality book, because eventually he's going to have to stop riding the coat tails of his masterpieces. Tell-All bored me from the very beginning. The constant bold names throughout the entirety and the way it was written as a script to a movie was both annoying and made for difficult reading. I thought the plot development and the constant addition of characters made the book uber-confusing and I kept having to reread things just so I could make sense of it all. I'm not sure at what point I will stop reading Palahniuk's books, but after this one I think I only have a couple more bad ones in me before I give up on him.

My So-Called Life: Complete Series
My So-Called Life: Complete Series
DVD ~ Bess Armstrong
Offered by gametreasuresnyc
Price: $79.97
44 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My So-Called Life, June 19, 2012
Angela Chase is a stunning portrayal of teenage-angst in the 1990's. With her friends Rickie, Rayanne, Sharon and her infamous crush Jordan Catalano they wade through the murky waters of the teenage years with unabashing honesty and sometimes painful realness. Touching on topics like drug and alcohol use, homelessness, violence, and sexuality, the series does a great job at showing what it's like to be a youth in 90s society. Great character evolution and a bit of a "plotless" plot, I was captivated from the first episode. The only thing that wore on me was the lack of Tino, who was mentioned in almost every episode but whom we never actually saw. Worth watching.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7