Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for SuPeRz > Reviews

Browse

SuPeRz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SuPeRz RSS Feed

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest way to get PS Plus, February 24, 2014
Its easier to simply use your existing account and card information on Amazon than having to set it up on PSN and then add money to your wallet before you can spend it.

You get the code instantly and it works as expected, without fuss.

Tenqa REMXD-wht Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, White
Tenqa REMXD-wht Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, White
Offered by Tenqa Bluetooth Headphones & Earbuds
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $47.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recharge - Do NOT Buy!, January 10, 2013
Got these to use with my iphone 5. They initially worked without problem and was fairly comfortable, although I have big ears so anything on them or in them irritates after about an hour or so, this set included.

I was able to charge the unit out of the box using the supplied cable, with the red light turning on and leaving it for about 4 hours as per the instruction manual. It was a bit clumsy to pair because of an error in the wording on the manual, but I eventually figured it out much like the other reviews here described.

The set worked great, up to 30ft/10m as described with very little dropouts depending on the amount and density of the objects in between the headphones and the iphone. The battery life was great, on the initial charge I got about 2 weeks worth of use during my commute to and from work or about 17 hrs.

BIG PROBLEM:
After the initial charge, the headphone died one morning on my way to work. I got the feint beeps to indicate that it needed recharging and after about 10mins the headphone got silent. I thought this was normal as the battery had just apparently ran out of juice. I reached to work and plugged in the headphones to my PC using the charging cable, but the red light did not turn on and the headphone did not charge even after leaving it in all day. I returned home and plugged it into my PC which I used to charge it the first time, and again, no red light and it refused to charge. I took a voltage tester to the charging cable to determine that electricity was flowing through it and the tester confirmed a steady 5V was indeed reaching the headphone so it wasn't the cable or USB port.

It would seem that the battery bummed out and could not be recharged after its initial charge.

SOMEWHAT FORTUNATE:
I called Amazon (great customer service) and explained that I was not in the country anymore but the headphones, which were only $40 were not working and to ship it back would probably cost so much that it would not make sense to send it but still wanted to know what my options were before I threw them away and wrote off my $40 lost. The girl offered an additional $30 to my $40 refund so I should receive $70 which would help to cover the cost of shipping it back.

I shipped the item back today (10-1-12 via UPS, Amazon's authorized returns shipping company) and it cost me approximately $45 to ship. So I will still be $15 short after this whole ordeal is over. At least it's better than being out a whole $40, if I had just thrown away this rubbish pair instead of trying to ship it back....somewhat fortunate.

$15 to learn my lesson...Don't buy this!

Samsung PN51D7000 51-Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3D Plasma HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL] (2011 Model)

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE 25-05-2012: 3 Dead Pixels....Goodbye Samsung, August 16, 2011
I have had this TV for about a week now. I am a techie (computer engineer/analyst/programmer...geek) so I thoroughly researched this TV and reviews like this before making this purchase (my first plasma, and step into HD and step into 3D, lol).

CNET rated the D8000 as the second (close second to the Panasonic) best 2011 TV overall. With a little bit of research,I found that the D7000 is actually the same panel as D8000. It lacks the internet browser, skype, local contrast enhancer (???) and qwerty remote. None of these (to me) justifies paying more. So I would say that the D7000 is just as good more or less, and since I wanted to get the very latest and greatest, why not? It's cheaper!

Other reviews already did a good job at covering the features, so I'll round up my findings quickly and skew my review to cater for the gamers, PS3 in particular like myself.
Picture quality from SD sources: 7/10...the TV is just too big to stretch those images without blurring etc
Picture from HD sources: 10/10
Original Blu Ray 3D content (native): 10/10...not just a fad...it is brilliant!
3D content downloaded (Side by Side): 10/10...it plays just as well surprisingly, watched Avatar this way and it was IMAX..without the sound of course!
2D to 3D conversion: 8/10...it's just not as good as 'made for 3D' stuff but the feature will be utilized!
Internet options: 9/10...download the Viaway app, it has enless content, no cable or antennae? no problem! A browser would have made it a 10
Buzzing: what buzz???...I put my ear on the back of the thing and well, you knew it was on, lol...nothing to report here!
Image Retention/Burn-in: 8/10...nothing bad, it goes away quickly and you have to be looking for it to notice it. Use any of the Burn-in Prevention options provided.
Build: 10/10, slim, solid build, gorgeous!

PS3 Owners:
I upgraded to a HDTV and made sure it was 3D for one game...Uncharted 3

Gaming on this size screen is not what I would consider ideal, I would pretty much say that a 40" should suffice. Most games are 720 and therefore it's a hugh stretch for this screen so sharpness is definitely not a strong point. 1080p games show alot better and upscalling using the PS3 would make it look a little crisper, except now the there are more jaggies and screen tearing. (no fault of the TV and is generally not recommended). There is no lag with the 600Hz subfield drive, fast action is brilliant, colours are brilliant and you will enjoy playing on this TV. But if you are really into crisp graphics I would say hook your PC up with the latest video card and be blown away OR try the LED series(costs alot more though), I believe the crispness will be there but it may be unrealistically so...it is a game however, so unreal may be what you're going for.

3D Gaming is good from native 3D games, it does change the experience a bit so it's worth a try, but until Uncharted 3, I will reserve comment on whether it is 'the next level' of gaming. Played Black Ops in 3D, and it was surprisingly good. Again 2D to 3D conversion with games is nice, FIFA did make me feel like I can reach out and touch players when they were close to the sideline.

Overall:
I could not have asked for a better budget entry into HD and 3D. This TV has it all, built in Wi-Fi, apps, 2D-3D, Picture in Picture...the works! and all at a low price! I got the bundle deal with the free Blu-Ray player and Starter Kit. All 5 movie disks were in it, no need to redeem any coupons! I am selling the player as I have a PS3 and all the additional features are available directly from the TV...easy money back!

UPDATE 14-09-11
After less than 30 days, came home one night, turned on my TV and started watching a Blu-Ray movie streaming off my PC when I noticed a single pixel thick line going vertically from the top to the bottom of the TV. (Noooooo!...I almost cried!) Apparently dead or stuck pixels...common problem among Plasmas and LCDs. Now it's back at the Retailer being "repaired" under warranty. No word as to whether a repair is possible or if they will get me a brand new set...impatiently waiting....sigh!

UPDATE 13-12-11
Finally got my TV back, the line is gone, they changed the entire panel, BUT NOW I HAVE A SINGLE DEAD PIXEL. I know that will qualify as a good set through quality control so I can live with it, just wish it wasnt so close to the center. Anyways, I have Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City so I will check them out and complete my 3D review for the gamers once I'm finished. This experience has been very very bad, so I cannot rate this TV any higher, as it still came back with a defect (dead pixel) after months of repairs. Only time will tell how well it works, I pray that it doesn't give any more trouble for a few years at least.

UPDATE 02-03-12
OK, this update is only for the gamers looking for 3D review. After completing Uncharted 3, playing Batman: Arkham City, Killzone 3 and other 3D game content I must say that 3D gaming is still in its infancy. While Killzone did have a few standout moments and the snowy environment helped to immerse you in the world as snowflakes seem to fall all around you, generally, 3D gaming lowers the resolution so low that all you see is a Lo-Def version of the game and not enough 3D-ness to warrant it.

UPDATE 25-05-12
Now the set has 3 Dead pixels. This TV which was once beautiful and considered the best TV I've purchased has turned out to be the worst investment of my life. I wish it worked properly...but 9 months later, it doesn't look like it will make a year! This is the First & Last TV I buy from Samsung, sorry!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2011 3:56 AM PST