Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Earle Neil Wester > Reviews

Browse

Earle Neil Wester's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Earle Neil Wester RSS Feed (Atlanta)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kirkland Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt 680g (1.5 LB)
Kirkland Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt 680g (1.5 LB)
Offered by TA National Trading
Price: $24.19
13 used & new from $22.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. We picked up some tubes of these from ..., November 8, 2014
Terrible.
We picked up some tubes of these from our Costco B&M and were stunned at how bad they were. They ranged from soapy, under-ripe, and under roasted in both flavor and texture. I can honestly say these were the worst macadamia nuts I have ever had the displeasure of eating- even worse than the no name generics I've tried from gas stations and pharmacies. Avoid at all costs, take advantage of the Kirkland / Costco guarantee if you made the mistake of buying any.

Amazing Nature 3D(Blu-ray 3D/2D )REGION FREE
Amazing Nature 3D(Blu-ray 3D/2D )REGION FREE
DVD ~ Mike Johnson
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKEN menu system ruins GOOD 3D blu-ray, January 13, 2013
Yet another blu-ray disc that is critically flawed, trying to play the entirety of the film from the menu screen will not work.
I've tried it on a Sony BDP S470 (3D) and a PS3 to no avail.

The individual scenes are selectable and can be viewed independently in 3D, which made me all the more disappointed because they are actually really good 3D vignettes; How well these scenes develop into a coherent and entertaining movie remains to be seen.

If the studio would fix the menu system playback error and re-release it they might have a very solid 3D nature film- until then DO NOT BUY.

Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender, Chopper and Ice Crusher: More Power & 2 Times Faster
Offered by Fine Trade
Price: $63.20
17 used & new from $63.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after second use., September 18, 2012
Our first use of the Ninja was flawless; However, our second was a complete and unmitigated failure. After a few short pulse the device seized and upon a quick inspection we discovered that the plastic had melted and fused the blade assembly to the top, scattering particles of plastic into the food and rendering the device garbage (please see the image I have posted). I am stunned at the positive reviews this device has garnered. Its plastic on plastic moving and working parts design is at best flawed but, more aptly described as dangerous.

I would not by this device again.
I would not recommend this device to anyone for any use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 9:01 AM PDT

MTM 100 Round Flip-Top Rifle Ammo Box .17, .222, 223, 6x47, .222 Mag (Clear Smoke/Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Improvement over pistol caliber models, September 12, 2012
I found these to be much improved over the pistol caliber boxes.
The plastic is thicker all around and seals much more nicely.
The box is triple hinged instead of double.
Whether you are looking at HP, BT, or FMJ is easily determined without even using the labels through the very clear top.
Grip texturing is nicely done.
Comment Comment | Permalink

MTM 40/45/10MM Cal 50 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box
MTM 40/45/10MM Cal 50 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box
Price: $7.76
5 used & new from $1.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Clear "Zombie" Green & not Clear OD as pictured, September 12, 2012
THIS IS FOR THE .45 / .40 /10MM GREEN MODEL-
The Good:
-These cases are a decent value for the money and the pebbled grip surface is much improved over the older models.

The Bad:
-The plastic is slightly more brittle than comparable products.
-Plastic also seems slightly thinner than the older models.

The Ugly:
-The product image depicts a clear olive-ish (OD) green color; However, my three arrived in a day-glow/neon "zombie" green.
-I understand many people like the "zombie" green color these days, but for me it is absolutely undesirable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2015 12:30 AM PDT

Uniden  DECT 6.0 Digital Accessory Handset and Charger for DECT 2000 (DCX210)
Uniden DECT 6.0 Digital Accessory Handset and Charger for DECT 2000 (DCX210)
2 used & new from $49.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up but light on features, October 6, 2011
I've been pleased with this handset thus far; It is light weight, interference free, bandwidth friendly and the battery longevity has been good to date. I do find myself missing many of the features of the TCX440. It's up-loadable & customized ringtones with color displays & custom images were nice, but I imagine I was one of the few who used them.

Still this handset was priced the same and does far less. It also doesn't suffer from the need to replace the battery every 4 months.

Overall, this system is a buy and I do recommend it.

CamelBak Kids Bottle Accessory 2 Bite Valves/2 Straws (Pink)
CamelBak Kids Bottle Accessory 2 Bite Valves/2 Straws (Pink)
Price: $5.00
17 used & new from $4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for use., October 6, 2011
I was also surprised when my set arrived with no functional openings (at that time of my purchase there were no reviews warning of this that I saw).

It's not difficult to cut the slit open but it is daunting and doing so correctly is not as easy as I had anticipated. The "nipple" part of the bite valve is pre-scored for cutting- from the inside- however, if you cut it open the full length of the scoring your valve will continue to split and begin leaking (which, I assume, is why most of us are buying this replacement).

It was not until my second attempt, where I cut just shy of the full length of said scoring, that I was successful. I guess this is why they are sold in pairs?
It's hard to recommend these replacements in this state but it is cheaper than buying a new bottle.
Buyer be warned: This item not ready for use without some skilled and careful modification.

Café Escapes Hot Cocoa, Milk Chocolate, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers, 24-Count
Offered by UNITED GROUP
Price: $12.90
24 used & new from $12.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Servicable but still mediocre, July 31, 2011
Palatable for kids but that's about the best I can say about them. On par with the more mediocre generic instant hot chocolates, but at the cost per cup for these should be much better. Making a 4oz cup and bolstering the flavor with 2% milk is required even to get a child to drink them. My advice is to pick up an alternative brand's seasonal premium hot chocolate for the K-cup makers and skip this Green Mountain/Cafe Escapes variety- as these are disappointing at best.

Avoid if possible, but not a total waste. Consider my 2 stars as "generous."

Charmin To Go Travel Toilet Tissue (Pack of 24)
Charmin To Go Travel Toilet Tissue (Pack of 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for "on the GO" and the glove box, July 31, 2011
I have found these to be an absolutely fantastic product. A necessity for overseas travel and great in the glove-box as well. They make an excellent camping accessory (although I still recommend putting them in a zip-lock or dry-bag since the plastic case isn't completely water tight).

Insten 3 PORT HDMI SWITCHER SPLITTER SWITCH FOR HDTV 1080P High Speed HDMI Specification
Price: $15.26
2 used & new from $12.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and technical limitations render switch usless, July 31, 2011
The first technical issue I ran into was in using this device occurred between HDMI connections of differing standards. Despite my FiOS cable box working fine when connected directly to my older LCD HDTV (via HDMI) this device caused a loss of audio once connected (trying cables of both the highest standard and older standards did not correct this).

This seems to be a critical flaw since most buyers would be adding this to older generation HDTV's that only have 1 HDMI port and, consequently, operate with an older HDMI standard (while newer TV's typically have 4+ HDMI ports making this device an unlikely useful addition for that buyer).

After failing to work for my intended application, I tried to get some use out of the device. So, I moved it to another room and installed it between another HDTV for Blu-ray, cable-box, laptop switching- where it worked . . . for a short while. Now, at the one month mark, the auto-switch feature has stopped working and after reading some of the more negative reviews of this device I am concerned for its longevity.

Lastly, and this is a small complaint but one that might irk someone using it in a bedroom or darkened home theater, is the LED's on the selection indicator are unnecessarily bright. Bright enough to cast a "platter-sized red circular beam on the wall" bright.

In summary, all negatives:
1. Cuts out audio between devices of varying HDMI standards.
2. Switch sensing stopped working after 1 month.
3. Poor build quality.
4. Unnecessarily bright LEDs.

Would I buy this device again: No.
Would I recommend this device to anyone: No.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2015 7:41 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4