Profile for Denise C. Lewis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Denise C. Lewis RSS Feed (Athens, GA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
14 Karat Yellow Gold Triple Strand Dangle Earrings
14 Karat Yellow Gold Triple Strand Dangle Earrings
Offered by Kooljewelry
Price: $219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, sparkly, sexy earrings, July 5, 2013
These earrings look nice no matter if I'm dressed for work, dressed up for an evening out, or casually dressed. They are lightweight and comfortable. They catch the light very well and are long enough to reach just below my chin. The wires are thin--a good thing for fit--but are quite flexible--not such a good thing for holding their shape. All in all though, a very nice addition to my "good" earring collection.

Mosquito Magnet MM4100 Patriot Mosquito Trap
Mosquito Magnet MM4100 Patriot Mosquito Trap
Offered by Fat Boy Tools
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $294.02

5.0 out of 5 stars No more mosquitos!, July 4, 2013
I purchased this device a bit over a year ago. At first, I saw no trapped mosquitos but it seemed that there just weren't as many as before I began using it. I still wasn't convinced that it was anything more than my imagination or wishful thinking. Now that I've had it running for a while with Lurex3N attractant, I am completely convinced that it works! So far this year, I haven't seen a single Asian Tiger mosquito; whereas, before I began using the Mosquito Magnet, I'd be covered with them within a few minutes of working in my garden. The "trick" to success is to make sure you're using the correct attractant. Now that the Asian Tiger mosquitos are no longer a nuisance, I'm alternating using the Lurex3N and Octenol attractants when I change tanks. I'm hoping to keep the small mosquitos away AND get rid of the larger nighttime biting mosquitos. Because we have had such a strange weather pattern for the past year, the Mosquito Magnet has been running almost constantly--I only turned it off for about two months when temperatures were consistently in the 30s. I've had no problems with it other than needing to restart it after power failures. All in all, an excellent product.

Update: 7/14/13
I've had the Octenol lure in place for about a week. Once again, there was a remarkable reduction in mosquitoes but I thought it might be my wishful thinking (even though I'd been sitting in my swing for 15 minutes without a single bite). So, I walked over to the Mosquito Magnet to check the basket--I wanted to see for myself. When I got about 5 feet away, I stopped in my tracks! Mosquitoes were swarming all around the MM and would get sucked in once they got close to the lure. Needless to say, I went no closer as I didn't want to interfere with their demise. Because of the way both lures are attached, rather than rotating the Octenol and the Lurex as I mentioned in my previous review, I'm using both at once. I see no reason to allow the Asian Tiger mosquitoes to return. Now I'm totally convinced--both lures do the job and I can't imagine discontinuing use of this amazing device. It's worth every penny spent on the Mosquito Magnet, the lures, and the propane! Now I can enjoy my shady yard in spite of the daily rainstorms that provide lots of opportunities for mosquitoes to breed.

Monopoly Night Sky
Monopoly Night Sky
Offered by S.W. Randall Toyes and Giftes
Price: $59.95
8 used & new from $59.90

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent teaching tool that's fun too, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Monopoly Night Sky (Toy)
I bought this for my 6-year-old grandson who is quite the land baron in regular Monopoly. I would have given it 5 stars but the houses and hotels are quite incongruous with the overall focus of the game. Instead, I purchased ceramic space shuttles in two sizes, small to represent houses and large to represent hotels. This made the price of the gift quite a bit higher than it should be. However, he loves it and now plays Night Sky more than the regular Monopoly.

Large (ages 10 to adult) Purple EAR BAND-IT® Physician Developed Swimming Headband
Offered by EAR BAND-IT/PUTTY BUDDIES
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars bye-bye ear infections, March 16, 2013
I bought these to wear in my water aerobics class because I kept getting water in my ears. After one nasty ear infections, my physician said either get out of the pool or do something to protect your ears. I didn't want to stop my water aerobics class so purchased these and putty-like earplugs instead. I've used them for around 5 months and am very pleased--no more water in my ears.

Protoshield PCB for Arduino Diecimila / Duemilanove / Freeduino
Protoshield PCB for Arduino Diecimila / Duemilanove / Freeduino

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours and hours of geek pleasure, March 16, 2013
I bought these as a gift for my alpha-geek husband. I actually have no idea what they are but he has built some of the coolest things using Arduino stuff. For example, he can see from his office 10 miles away if the garage door is up or down (handy for the forgetful type) and open or close it! He's also made a thingy for controlling the lighting, fountain, and fire pit on our deck--including changing the intensity of all of the aforementioned deck devices. The downside of this stuff is that he spends HOURS happily engaged in tinkering with, well, whatever it is that he's tinkering with. So, if you're an alpha-geek, this is the thing for you. If you are the spouse or partner of one, get ready for some solitary evenings and weekends. Just know that, once the tinkering is over, you'll have some of the coolest controllers on the block.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 2:56 PM PST

Just For Copper JFC070 Epoxy Putty
Just For Copper JFC070 Epoxy Putty
Price: $8.22
6 used & new from $4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't, March 16, 2013
I bought this based on lots of reviews. I wanted something to seal seams in a copper countertop and two bar tops I was building. Not only is it very difficult to apply, it is quite ugly (a gross shade of greenish grey--not a patina-like brown) and lumpy. It also becomes quite brittle and falls out of the seam. I tried sanding it to smooth the lumpiness, but the act of smoothing it actually broke the seal. It is so bad that I am replacing one of the copper bar tops and am using silicone to seal the others. Not only will you waste your money on this putty but you'll waste even more money on extra copper and rental of the tools for bending it! Garbage!

Blue Dog Bakery Natural Low Fat Dog Treats, 20 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Blue Dog Bakery Natural Low Fat Dog Treats, 20 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $29.75
4 used & new from $29.48

5.0 out of 5 stars smell delicious and my dog loves them, March 16, 2013
I like that these cookies come in a wide variety of sizes, contain no icky animal by-products, and are low fat. Sometimes my always-hungry Dachshund wants another treat but I don't want to cause him to gain weight. These make him (and me) very happy because I can give him something extra without worrying about his health.

Tadpoles Organic Cotton Sleep Gown, Sage, 0-6 Months
Tadpoles Organic Cotton Sleep Gown, Sage, 0-6 Months
Offered by Sleeping Partners
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me wish they came in MUCH larger sizes, March 16, 2013
I am very pleased with the quality of this little gown. It is extremely soft and cuddly. The green is an exquisitely soft shade so would be perfect for either a baby boy or baby girl. The shoulders make dressing baby quite easy and the fold-over cuffs keep little fingernails from scratching her skin.

Moraleyes Eyewear Crescent Reading Glasses, Gold, 1.75
Moraleyes Eyewear Crescent Reading Glasses, Gold, 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wow!, March 16, 2013
These readers are so much nicer than the photo! The filigree is very, very pretty and they look like they'll stand up to the abuse of perching them on my head when they aren't on my nose. The gold is a soft color that looks quite elegant. I especially like that the nosepiece is smooth so it doesn't tangle in my hair when I pull them back down to use them. As I've gotten older, my hair has gotten thinner and I just hate when my reading glasses take a few strands with them! And speaking of older, these are quite fashionable and don't make me look like a little old lady when I'm wearing them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2013 9:19 AM PDT

Black & Decker DCM18S Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug
Black & Decker DCM18S Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug
Offered by Supreme Hardware
Price: $22.50
67 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It just keeps going..., March 16, 2013
This little personal hot water maker is just what I tea drinker like me needed. I don't use it to make coffee; although, I'm sure it would be fine for that as well. I fill it, put a teabag in my cup, push the button, and walk away. In no time at all, I have a perfect temperature cup of tea. This is the second time I've purchased one of these, the first was about 12 years ago. That one began showing signs of aging and had become a bit slow to start heating the water. That's when I ordered this one because I couldn't bear the thought of not having the convenience this device provides. As it turns out, the 12 year old began behaving as it always had (maybe a bit of corrosion on the switch?) and is still on my counter doing what it's done for years. The new one is in my office.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6