Profile for YeahSoMaybe? > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 169

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

YeahSoMaybe? "computersandmusicperson" RSS Feed (Beaverton, OR United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Infuser Water Bottle - 32oz - Made of Durable Eastman Tritan - By Bevgo
Infuser Water Bottle - 32oz - Made of Durable Eastman Tritan - By Bevgo
Offered by Bevgo
Price: $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, doesn't leak, holds enough to be worth you while, so far - so good, May 3, 2015
I bought three of these - 2 will be gifts. It's well made, doesn't leak, I turn it upside down all latched up and no air bubbles rise. It holds enough to be worth your while. So far - so good. I like the design of this bottle for the most part. The side grip textured places are a nice touch. I haven't dropped it yet and don't plan on to. One design safety feature that made me feel like an idiot (MY fault) for a day is: there is a secondary latch intended as a safety... a little metallic U shaped hoop made of a hinged stainless steel wire....that you can flip and lock over the area of the release button for the top cap. We'll, I inadvertently flipped that safety onto the cap without realizing it. Then I wondered why the lid wouldn't open! Didn't notice it as the wire was so fine or seated so well. DUH. My bad. It's a good system, I just had to realize that feature is there. With the double latching system, it's highly unlikely you are going to have a leak as long as you have screwed the cap on firmly. Only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is I've only had this a few days. Will update review later.

Genuine Post Impression / Graphic Image slip-in pocket 8x10 refills for Standard 3-ring albums - 8x10
Offered by SendAFrame
Price: $13.00
2 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars When you want quality - this is it., May 1, 2015
THE GOOD: Great Quality. Well made. Crystal clear. Durable. I wish I had found these earlier. Leaves Avery and 2 other competitors I tried in the dust.

THE REALITY CHECK: Once you figure shipping they cost $1.21 apiece. These will be used for special memories but may be too pricey for random scrapbooking.

Danish Orchards Preserves, Boysenberry, 28 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Danish Orchards Preserves, Boysenberry, 28 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $57.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed but you get a fair amount for money paid, April 19, 2015
I bought 2 Boysenberry and 2 Blackberry in this Danish Orchards brand at a local Fred Meyer store here in Oregon because they were on sale for a screaming super deal: Two for Six Dollars. (Regular price was 4.89 I think. "I know" that's a deal that a lot of Amazon customers who like this jam wish they had..... so I should be grateful I suppose but: I don't find this product to be that flavorful. SOME PERSPECTIVE: I like a gusty, dense Jam / Preserves with a ton of visible fruit. Pectin and fillers should not be the star of the show. Maybe it's just the batch of Danish Orchards that I bought? As far as volume of product received for what I paid, that part of the deal is fair - I got a LOT of jam for 3 bucks per tub. It's OK, but to my experience it's not top notch old skool jam. Point of reference: The jams I like are Bonnie Maman and I have the guts to say I like Safeway Select jam - which is an excellent jam masquerading as a house jam. I'm not afraid of seeds in jam if it's done right. I DON'T buy jelly. This stuff is on the road to jelly. Tonight I ordered a jar of Mrs. Hoerner's Blackberry jam from Amazon. I'll receive it in a few days, will post a review of it.

To each his own. They give you a lot of product, it just does not float my boat. YMMV. People who want something easily spreadable that's halfway between jam and jelly may very well like this.

Rutin 250mg - Kal - 60 - Tablet
Rutin 250mg - Kal - 60 - Tablet
Offered by VitaminLife
Price: $4.28
5 used & new from $1.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for CAT OWNERS: Small enough for kitty throats but in my experience product did not ship quickly, April 10, 2015
I bought these for my kitty who had chylothorax. While the pills eventually arrived, they did not arrive quickly. There was no option when I ordered them for paying more for expedited shipping. However, I will say that Rutin for cats is known to assist them processing and draining the excess mucus (Chyle) around the outside of their lungs. I myself saw that it helped my kitty relieve symptoms. (What I ended up doing is getting smaller pill casings from my vet and hand stuffing the smaller pills casing with rutin from another brand). The claim to fame of these particular (Kal) Rutin 250mg pills is they are the ONLY pre-made ones on the market I could find with the smaller pill casing size (1) instead of the standard size "0". This means you, as cat owner, have a fighting chance of getting them down your pets throat. Also these are easier for humans to swallow. Kal is a subsidiary of SolarRay so I except the actual product to be high quality and what it says it is. HOWEVER, my advice (I'm not a veteranarian, just my advice) if you have a Kitty with Chylothorax, DO NOT WAIT for these pills to show up. Every day counts. Get Rutin at your local in-town store NOW. Another thing, if you can't get the pills down their throat(they fight and refuse to swallow) and it's stressing them out too much, consider as plan B opening the pill and putting the powder into something fatty (I know) that they would like, or, make a solution of Rutin in water and squirt it down their throat with an eye dropper. (I could never find a liquid, pre-made Rutin by the way). A cat with Chylothorax is stressed out already and if they really don't want the pill and it raises their breathing rate, then there go your improvements in healing while they are on the borderline. In short, Rutin helps but get it down them the least stressful way you can. P.S. I couldn't work it into my kitty's wet cat food, he was wise to that and hated it. What Rutin powder (out of the capsule) tastes like to me is dried flower powder - has a garden taste to it. Hope this helps.

1 star off for shipping speed and no option to accelerate shipping speed by paying more, which I would have greatly appreciated.

Panasonic RPHJE120S In-Ear Headphone, Silver
Panasonic RPHJE120S In-Ear Headphone, Silver
Price: $6.43
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable with good sound for very little money, April 1, 2015
Bought these for my son as Christmas stocking swag after reading ** numerous ** ear-bud headphone reviews. They are excellent for very little money. He noticed the difference sonically over the no-name earbuds he was buying. They also have held up well the past 4 months even with rough service. They fit in his ears correctly - aren't too big. No they aren't in the Shure league but they're perfectly fine for everyday headphones.

PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD128TBOP-GE
PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD128TBOP-GE
Price: Click here to see our price
110 used & new from $30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been fast and reliable so far. Self-sealing, you can't lose the cap., April 1, 2015
Has been fast and reliable so far. Self-sealing, you can't lose the cap. Priced fairly, the 128GB is a no-brainer if you are looking at the 64GB - only $7.00 more as of 4/01/2015. I can recommend this.

Apple Corer Slicer, Large 4-1/8" diameter, Fruit Cutter Divider - Free Bonus Gift - Stainless Steel
Offered by KC Supply Store
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fearless in chopping a LARGE Honeycrisp apple., April 1, 2015
Fearless in chopping a LARGE Honeycrisp apple. Feels well made. Sharp blades. No cracking or issues so far.

Sylvania 72547 ULTRA HD Professional Series LED PAR16 GU10 36-Degree Beam
Sylvania 72547 ULTRA HD Professional Series LED PAR16 GU10 36-Degree Beam
Price: $23.16
5 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful light, pricey, April 1, 2015
Typical Sylvania / Osram LED lighting: Beautiful light, God awful expensive. Looks way better than my no-name knockoffs, costs 2.5X as much. I do find that my off brand GU10 lamps only last around 8 months so maybe these will turn out to be the better buy. We'll see.

Songs From The Big Chair [Blu-ray Audio]
Songs From The Big Chair [Blu-ray Audio]
Offered by World Wide Entertainment
Price: $26.50
38 used & new from $15.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray version AUDIO NIRVANA - UNREAL SOUND QUALITY, February 27, 2015
I got this Blu-Ray the other day and immediately realized it's one of the best sounding music discs I own. I had been disappointed / unimpressed with some other Blu-Ray audio discs I have purchased. But this...WOW!!

Don't even bother with the original stereo mix or the basic 24/96 mix. Meh.

Instead: The default mix is (wisely) the DTS Master 5.1 mix.

FIRST AUDITION ON HEADPHONES:
The DTS Master 5.1 mix is stunning. It's luscious, superb and many other superlatives. It has everything you might dream of (technically) as far as sound quality: Clarity, Punch, excellent Bass, Air, Soundstage and that ever elusive and hard to find: Warmth Without Muddiness.

And yes, I'm hearing many things - instruments, sounds, that I've never heard before till now.

Did I mention that I get this kind of sound quality using my cheapo $30.00 Sony headphones and a consumer grade home theater (Pioneer VSX-1021 which I admit does have DTS decoding) and $200 Sony Blu-Ray player? I can only imagine what this would sound like on a high end system.

OVER MODEST 5.1 SPEAKERS: For speakers I just have Panasonic towers and surround from an older $650 bundle HTIB kit of which I replaced the center speaker with a Definitive Technologies Mythos and the receiver with the Pioneer. This album sounds wonderful and immersive over my present speakers, you are in a whole "world". The only 5.1 mix I can liken it to as an equal for technical competence and clarity is a Jurassic Park 5.1 Blu-Ray that I own - a particular older version before they messed with the screen color rendering.

"Listen"ing ; ) to some of the songs on this Blu-Ray is an out of body experience. (no drugs involved here) I laid on my back on the living room floor looking up at the ceiling taking this all in. Something I don't normally do.

Regardless of using speakers or headphones, I find I can turn this up to ridiculous levels and it doesn't hurt my ears. (be careful with this!) and my ears don't usually tolerate high volumes anymore. Maybe it's the total lack of "Loudness Wars" - I don't know. I just know it's great.

The mixer of this album, Steven Wilson, is at the top of his game here. Highly Recommended. It's great music that doubles as an audio demonstration disc. Value for Money: 11 out of 10. If you like this album and this band and have a Blu-Ray player, BUY IT!!!

P.S. I also tried the 5.1 PCM mix which has a higher bitrate even than the DTS Master. It's a hair more crisp but, to me, it's a bit clinical and has less "soul. There's something about that heavenly DTS Master 5.1 mix I keep coming back to.

P.P.S. This disc proves to me that Blu-Ray Audio, done correctly, is a more than viable replacement for SACD format. (I own a few SACDs that I dearly appreciate and love).

LG Ultimate 2 Android Prepaid Phone with Triple Minutes (Tracfone)
LG Ultimate 2 Android Prepaid Phone with Triple Minutes (Tracfone)
Offered by shopcelldeals
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $84.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The first decent, UN-aggravating Tracfone smartphone. This is everything the Valet was not., February 4, 2015
THE PAST: I previously had a ZTE Valet Tracfone. It was underpowered and funky -- God did I ** hate ** that phone! The Valet was too small for my fingers, and it would do this slow, pulsed "screen blank" when I needed to hang up on calls, etc.

THE PRESENT: So... I bought this LG on the good reviews and it's NIGHT & DAY a better product! It's got more processing power (more responsive), bigger screen (but thinner), better camera but it's not so big that it's not pocketable. Most importantly - the buttons are now big enough for my hands to dial and navigate the phone reliably.

It took me 10 or less minutes to convert my number over to my new phone -- and I did it myself through prompts, I didn't need to wait on hold for an operator. The only hassle was I had to pull the battery on my old phone to view it's Serial number (UMEI number) for the cutover process. No big.

Handset AUDIO QUALITY and SPEAKER PHONE audio quality are both very good to excellent.

For my moderate-to-low cell phone usage pattern, with this triple minutes for life / pay-as-you-go plan, I feel like I have escaped the Cell phone industry's "indentured servitude" business model. I feel it even beats T-Mobile and Cricket's bottom tier pricing. I * OWN * my phone, a decent usable phone, with ** no ** contract hassles!! I LOVE it!

Now if you are an avid web surfer and need to check email and facebook often, this may not be your ticket. For those who want a phone that can be occasionally pressed into service a Web device, this is affordable and great.

My only minor complaint of the LG Ultimate 2: This phone should have (built into firmware) the onscreen display notice about your remaining minutes. I shouldn't have to go out to Google Play to get an app for that. NOTE: While I have a Gmail account, I couldn't give a rat's patootie about joining the Google ecosystem. I just view it as pushy and intrusive. I just wanted a good looking phone that * works * , that I use AS A PHONE, and... in a pinch, I could websurf on it. This phone fills the bill nicely. I intend to keep it a long time.

NOTE: I have yet to test this phone for mp3 audio sound play. I did put a minimal 4GB micro-SD card in it for starters. Once I test it, will report back on music/headphones audio quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2015 6:28 AM PST