Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for TorridlyBoredShopper > Reviews

Browse

TorridlyBoredSho...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2156
Top Reviewer Ranking: 870

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" RSS Feed ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Shine Hai 6Pack of A19 LED Bulb 8W (60W Replacement ), E26 Base,3000K Soft White, 800 Lumens ,UL-listed, FCC-qualified
Offered by shine glory lighting limited
Price: $31.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and affordable, May 21, 2016
To disclose from go, this product was received either at a reduced cost or for free. If this poses any consideration issues, please skip the review (hence placing this at the beginning).

This product was awarded a 5, or an "I love it" in this rating system, because they are a good quality, seem to be made really well, and much more. Pricing is something I do not always consider, but the price on these is also something that really catches my eye.

So, why LED bulbs? After upgrading two homes now, I can attest to the fact they they really do make a difference in cost, performance, safety, and more. In fact, when I recently moved, i took bulbs with me that I installed over 3 years prior, which was unheard of with other types of lighting. When I first thought of getting lighting I did some research, and the following was something that spoke to me. While this is by no means comprehensive, here are some results between comparisons from a LED, incandescent (IL, and CFL type bulb. Note that the power cost is something I have directly observed, as is the cycling (I cannot help myself plus i have a child), the safety notes, and duration.

LEDs typcially lasted 50,000 hours, whereas the CFL lasted around 8,000 and the IL lasted only 1,200. Watts on an LED came in aorund 6 to 8 watts, compared to 60 in an IL and 13 - 15 in a CFL. At a 30-bulb per year equivalence, LED cost factored at less than 1/2 the CFL and 10x less than the IL. This does not factor in the environmental impact this has or the materials (safer in LED) used.

LED also does not have cycle failing, meaning on/off rapidity will not kill them the way other types die.

Heat is considerable less for an LED, making it where it may be hot to the touch but where it will not scald you or explode when contacted. The measurements on that were 3.4 BTU compared at 30 for the CFL and around 85 for an IL.

With these, I have been happy with the lighting itself and with the performance. They seem like they will end up holding for quite some time, which is something I will have to wait months or even years to accurately comment on. Right now, after close to a month, they are doing great.

Telico M21 4.3" LCD 1080P HD Dual Lens Dash Cam for Vehicles with 150 Degress Viewing Angel, G-Sensor, Motion Detection, Parking Monitor, 8G Micro SD Included
Offered by Telico
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good two-camera system, May 21, 2016
Before anything, please note that this was supplied for sampling purposes either at a reduced cost or for free. If this poses and issue, please skip the review (hence placing this where it is clearly noted).

That said, I have tried 7 dash cameras now (plus a variety of action cameras, which I suppose could technically be considered dash camera due to mounting) and only two have been acceptable. Out of those, one was reliant on suction and would periodically work itself loose, and then there was this one.

I will be placing some footage from this up on social media - you simply need to look for this user name and the product to find it. I would place it here, but the system currently allows no more than 100MB per file, which is basically taking a high quality recording and compressing it down to something like 240P.

TLDR, I scored this a 5, or an "I love it" in this system because of the way this mounts, the way the camera sets up, the functionality and ease of use here, the fact that this mounts easily and is not obstructive, AND the fact that it records both in full and low light. I really like the idea of something that actually serves an already existing purpose within the vehicle, too, which this does. I also like the fact that this has picture-in-picture and that the rear camera shows up well, or that I can review the camera separately. There is plenty of cord to hook it into everything form a SUV, van, minivan, and on.

I tried this in three vehicles before mounting it in a 2004 Dodge Caravan.

Before getting started, I personally think you should get a couple of micro SD cards to go with the one you get here. I say a couple because you never want your recorder to fill up and not have something on-hand to keep it going. Now, you have an 8GB card here, but I'd recommend getting a couple of 16GB cards at minimum.

Looking at the product pictures of this, you might imagine this as something obstructive when it comes to rearview access. I thought that after looking at the blue picture with the camera insert inside, but it is nothing like that. What you instead have is something that fits over your existing rearview mirror, and it allows you to see just like you normally would. If you have a mirror that has a glare guarding setting, it reminds me of that, with good viewing and without glare. When you turn this on or tap something for review/mode, the middle area does show the camera view regardless of recording. This will time out or can be turned off, however, so it does not sit and distract. This shows both the front and the back view, too, so you can check what is there OR you can simply use this as a backup camera.

With regard to mounting, the front has two brackets on each side of the mirror, with a little elongated strip that you strap to the top and the bottom. Basically, imagine fitting a rubberband to the back of this on each side of the mirror to keep it in place. The easiest way to mount it is to go ahead and mount the right-hand side beforehand, then slide it into place, minding the fact that the camera is located on the back of the left-hand side. After this is secured, plug it in to get power. It may go ahead and cut on - if not, then hit the power switch to get it going. Once it is on, adjust the camera (you can do so simply by maneuvering it by hand) to pick up the optimal area - i always check this either in a parking lot or overlooking a road, so I can make sure to get both lanes.

When considering the back, you can mount this a few ways but the easiest is to simply plug the back camera into the top of the device, leaving excess cord so you can turn it, and then tuck it in the edges around your vehicle. This will obscure most of the wire until you get to the back, and depending on what you are driving depends on how you want to conceal it the rest of the way. Also, the back camera is small and has a low profile, so you can get it to stay with the sticky strip included without using screws. When you mount it, having someone with you can help because they can tell you if your placement is optimal. Also, remember it mounts up and hangs down - otherwise, you will have it upside down.

For use, you have a power plug on the top, a micro SD slot, and plug for the rear camera. You do NOT have to have the rear camera plugged in to get it to work if you do not want to, just to note. I have a lighter plug adapter that allows me to plug in several devices as well, which can come in handy if you use this and a charger for a phone or some other device. Mine cuts off when I get out of my vehicle because of my setup, and it begins recording when I turn the vehicle on. I like that because I do not end up wasting SD card room.

With regard to the controls, these are very intuitive. You have a power button, a mode button, up/down controls, and ok/record. to begin recording, you simply have to hit the record button. Also, if you want to protect a video, you can hit the mode button while recording to lock, or protect, it. You can decide the length of video clips, at 2, 3, or 5 minutes (I believe 3 is the default), take still pictures, and more. You can also toggle the picture-in-picture, allowing you to see front, back, both, or none.

Mudder 2 in 1 Stainless Steel Opening Repair Tool Set Pry Plate for iPhone iPad Samsung and Other Electronic Devices
Offered by MudderOnline
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for varying electronic needs., May 20, 2016
To disclose from go, this product was received either at a reduced cost or for free. If this presents any sort of issue, please skip the review (hence me placing this here, to keep from wasting your time).

In the past, I have done videos that showcase the fact that I do work on my electronic devices. Simply look at the Mudder Galaxy S5 USB port replacement, for example. That video also highlights the fact that I was not using a tool like this and how, with other devices, it would come in extremely handy. Uses for something like this is not limited to phones, either. No, you can use pry tools for work with tablets and most certainly laptops, where you oftentimes end up with issues on specific models. For me, this meant use on an older ASUS 750JB, because the battery is housed internally and you cannot reset your power simply.

Here, you have two different types of tools. The first is a smaller, sturdier tool that has little to no give. It works with smaller devices and some tablet types. The thing you have to watch with something like this is thinking you need a pry bar that eliminate resistance because you have to be extremely careful with that. That is why I like the second with things like a laptop, because it is wider, has flex, and can be stabilized. It also has a softer grip area and the design reduces the chance of shock.

These are good to have if you are looking to build up some useful electronic tools.

Mount Metal Plate, NALAKUVARA 4 Pack 2 Rectangle and 2 Round Universal Metal Plate with Adhesiver Replacement Kit for Magnetic Car Mounts Holder
Offered by NALAKUVARA
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a couple of reasons, May 20, 2016
to disclose, this was received for sampling purposes at a reduced cost or for free. If this poses any issue, please skip the review (hence the placement of this at the onset).

The reason to own this set is simple enough. If you have a magnetic mount in your car and you like using it, you may end up with a need for another metal plate. Interestingly, the need may not be yours but may end up being someone that rides with you or that uses your vehicle. In my family, for example, my wife ends up driving my car periodically. Since I have a magnetic phone holder and am using the only back plate, she cannot place her phone in some optimal area. This ends up being something she dislikes but it was a problem before this. Now, I can make up for it.

The contents here are basic, but they also fit the needs present. You have two shapes presented in two sizes, so the larger rectangles fit a specific type of device and the smaller circles do the same. They are a decent quality and get the job done, and you never end up seeing backing plates anyhow.

Arvidsson LED Bias Lighting - Strip Backlight - Smart TV Backlighting For HDTV/PC/Indoor/Outdoor/Dog Walking - 35.4In - 7.2W - Cool White Color - Genuine 3M Tape-USB Fast Connected Cabinet Lighting
Offered by Mats Technology
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, May 20, 2016
To disclose from go, I received this product either at a reduced cost or for free. If this poses any sort of issue for you, please skip the review (hence the placement at the start of the review).

TL;DR, this item was given a 5, or an "I love it" rating in this system due to the fact that it is made well, that it is bright, that this comes with storage, with plugging needs, and more. I was particularly happy that it did not assume a TV has USB access, because not every type does. Most importantly, however, this works.

We have this issue with one of our older sets. It does not have a local dimming setting, and this can be particularly annoying when it comes to viewing in the complete dark. This annoys me so much, in fact, that I have issues enjoying shows on it and felt I needed to replace the set. Since another household member disagreed, I opted to try this and it has helped out. It does so by evening out the outside tone, making it where the edges do not seem as overwhelming. On a television set without woes, this helps accent the TV and bring out the picture, plus it keeps vision issues down. Additionally, this helps me with feeling more awake when/ after watching movies because darkened areas really make me tired.

Some other things I like about this:

It has something you can store it in, with the bag resealing, plus it comes on something that allows you to retract and wind the strip. That means you can get it out and place it if you want, or you can skip that and mount this with 3M tape.

It mounts easily and quickly, plus the way the lighting is designed, you can use it on the TV stand or as part of the TV back splash.

It is USB-ready, so you can jack it into your TV IF it has a port. Most newer TVs have one, but many older types do not. This is not an issue, however, because this comes with a plug much like what you use with your phone, allowing you to plug it into a surge protector, wall, and so on.

It has a simple button that anyone can understand how to use.

CreepyParty Deluxe Novelty Halloween Costume Party Animal Lion Head Mask (Lion New)
Offered by CreepyParty-Seaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lion Mask, May 20, 2016
To disclose from go, this item was received at a reduced cost or for free. If this is an issue, please skip the review.

I am not taking off for this, but the company mentions it so I feel that this is important to note. When you receive this, you are going to have to do something about the smell. Now, the product notes that there may be a mild odor to this. It is by no means mild and you do NOT want to wear it without addressing the issue first. I tried airing it out but this did not fix it completely, so I went with the warm water/soap method. This took a thorough cleaning, but that did the trick.

As far as the mask goes, I was REALLY pleased with it because it is the first mask I have ever picked up without trying first that was roomy on an adult. I have ordered a few over the years, too, but even the roomy ones normally do not have that much room. That means breathing for fit issues, looking out the wrong holes, and getting even hotter than you should. With this (and another Creepy Party mask) I was actually able to fit, adjust, look through the holes and line them up, and feel comfortable while wearing it. I ended up doing a minor alteration to these by adding a place for my glasses as well, and that was actually a little difficult, which bodes well for the quality of the masks.

With the lion types, I felt the mask had a creepiness to it, but that you could also wear it to a different type of party. For example, I could wear this on Halloween and not creep out kids if I do not want or vice-versa. I also like the fact that I feel I can wear this for holiday or for kicks and not feel disheartened by discomfort or by having to force it on. m

CreepyParty Deluxe Novelty Halloween Costume Party Latex Head Mask Teddy (Black)
Offered by CreepyParty-Seaton

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mask, May 20, 2016

With the dog types, I really liked them because they could either be cute or really creepy depending on your needs. I was going for creepy and felt the eye type set that off well, plus the type of head and the oddity to it really did the trick. Interestingly, I also kept the mask after-the-fact, which is also a first for me. Normally I wear something, get annoyed by the discomfort, and ditch. Here, I feel like I can keep this around to goof off with and not worry about discomfort.

Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats - Features Distribution Alarms, Portion Control & Voice Recording - Timer Programmable Up to 4 Meals a Day
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for daily and trip use, May 20, 2016
To disclose from go, this was supplied for sampling at a reduced cost or for free. If this is a deal killer without seeing what is in the review, please skip it (hence the placement here). Note that this was tested for around 21 days and that the testing time has included a trip. Accordingly, I feel like I can discuss this pretty well.

TL;DR, this was given a 5, or an "I love it" in this system due to the fact that it is a good quality and size, has easy-to-understand features and a fairly intuitive design, and it includes useful instructions. Also, it works.

USES: 3 D batteries OR a DC jack.

I have a few Arf Pets items within my home, to note, including LED lights and pet supplies. These have all worked out well and I have had no issues with them. compared to other companies I have tried recently, that bodes VERY well for the brand.

Looking at this, we should first discuss the way it is made and how simplified the design is. Here, you have a cover with a magnetic lock, a food compartment, the body, food outlet and tray, power socket, battery compartment, and control panel. When I look at the names and envision optimal placement, I can tell this actually utilizes its design spacing well.

Examining the cover, for example, shows you some useful feature types, including a clear top that allows you to examine food levels and the control panel, plus the magnetic catches to keep it closed without making it impossible to open. The compartment is a good size and holds enough food to allow you to take a trip, and the food tray does a good job of parceling out meals without any obstruction issues. The control panel (see below) is easy to understand and pick up, so you do not have to worry about a difficult learning curve or setting it incorrectly.

Also, you can record a message for your pets, allowing you to call them or say something around feeding time. We do not call our pets (they are accustomed to being fed at a specific time), but giving them a message seemed like it calmed them down during our absence. I saw this via our wireless camera we use for security, and I also used this with my mother's pets while she was away, thereby showing me how they act/interact with this.

Setting this up is easy.

First, you want to set the time. This simply involves the set button and use of the directional arrows.

Setting the first meal is simple as well. After you set the time, the unit enters meal time setting mode. The LCD displays an icon and the hour flashes to note this. You use the directional arrows and set to place hours/minutes, and you can repeat the process to place multiple meals OR to enter the portion mode.

For portion mode, a P icon comes up and the portion digits flash. You use the direction arrows and set to set the size.

The food compartment is easy to remove; you simply press both sides and slide upward. Fill - do NOT overfill - slide back into place, rotate, and secure.

Srxing Newstart Manual Men's Razor with Two Razor Head
Srxing Newstart Manual Men's Razor with Two Razor Head
Offered by sanrenxing store
Price: $60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, May 20, 2016
To disclose from go, I received this for sampling purposes at either a reduced cost or for free. If this presents an issue, please skip the review (hence me putting this here). I will try to be as thorough as possible and will note cons at the end of the review.

TL;DR, this scored a 4, or an "i like it" due to the fact that the base of this is nice and sturdy, it is a good quality and has some nice grip types to it. The razor is what took off points for me, and that is because I do not (1) care for razors that are not lubricated and (2) the size of the razor is not something I truly enjoy.

This comes with a small storage case, which is something you see with most razor sets these days. It allows you to house the razor wherever (including in the shower), plus keep the extra blades attached underneath. The blade case can house up to 5 blades, but this set only comes with two - including the one on the razor.

Now, with this, you have a base that has a good amount of weight to it, which is essential in a razor. I say that because you want something that uses its own weight to assist you when shaving and that will not end up breaking. The handle is ergonomic, with a soft rubberized grip in the center, a grip on the bottom, and a place for grip and for blade changes at the top. The product pictures highlight the design of the grip type well, with the sectional divide gripping so you can easily hold this with one hand. The lever on this is a typical slide type, with it moving upward to allow the blade to drop off.

For the base, I would have given a solid 5 stars.

With the blades, I was less pleased because I have sensitive skin. Accordingly, I need blades with quality lubricated strips. This does has a small strip on the top, mind you, but the blades themselves are small and have loads of blades so they can irritate sensitive skin. The size of the blade itself is not my favorite, either. Now, my wife likes the setup for this and says it works well for her, so maybe these issues are simply personal preference. The pros with the blades is that they shave well and do not miss places. The con is that the blades are harder to extract extra hair from and would seem to wear down quicker than a large blade. Also, and this is a personal preference issue, I really do not like getting a storage container that can house 5 blades but only get 1 extra.

Hopefully this helps.

APEMAN Sports Action Camera, Built-in Wi-Fi Waterproof Action Cam, Ultra 170° Wide-Angle Lens with 14MP, Full HD 1080p Videos with 2.0'' LCD Screen
Offered by ZecoDirect
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Good, with useful features and nice recording/handling, May 19, 2016
Before reviewing, I want to note three things.

(1) I have used this extensively and will be comparing items on it with other action cameras. I use them a LOT, too; you can look up other videos I have done on cameras and see use. Now, I will be adding a video BUT I am not placing it here because Amazon requires less than 100MB file sizes. That means compression and distortion, with many videos taking a lovely 1080P reference point and compressing them into less than 240P. You can see examples of this here, and I think that unfairly sways people.

Since this is a GOOD camera system with GOOD features, I will be uploading video taken with this and a video review on social media. You will simply need to look for the product name and this account name in order to find it.

(2) This was received for sampling purposes either at a discounted price or for no cost. If this is an issue, please skip this. HOPEFULLY you will read on and note what I am saying here, however, and you will see that I know what I am talking about, that I have a frame-of-reference as a GoPro, Dazzne P2 and P3 owner, and as the owner of several other camera systems.

(3) Go out and pick up some micro SD cards – I normally keep two per camera so I never fill mine up.

This scored a 5, or an "I love it" in this system because I REALLY like the camera. From control functions to menu options to accessory types and more, this is one of the better cameras I have used in a while. I particularly like the menu responsiveness, which is lacking in a lot of camera types, and especially the button layout.

Items included:

Straight from go, you have quite a few items that come in handy. I ESPECIALLY want to give kudos to the instructions here, too, because these show how to take accessories and how to use them properly WITH pictures. That means you can hook a camera to your helmet or use your belt clip-on correctly. This kit here comes with the following (this is copied from the product description because this may be ported other places and this is concise):

1 X APEMAN HD Action Camera:Batteries :Waterproof Case
1 X Bicycle Stand:Base 1 :Base 2 :Clip :Fixed Base
1 X Switch Support 1 :Switch Support 2 :Switch Support 3
1 X Adapter:Helmet Base : Bandage :Ribbon :3M Adhesive Tape
1 X Wire Rope:Data Wire :Charger :Manual :Wiper.

I am not going to comment on each by themselves, but I will note that these are nice overall. The sizing of some of the mounts was impressive, and the included pieces are helpful for meeting a load of needs.

Now, specifically on the case type, I was actually surprised and pleased by the design type. I say that having used a lot of camera types that hinge horribly (as in they are HARD to work), but this is easy to release or to place on the catch and secure. Now, remember that waterproofing is going to muffle sound, which is how all these operate, and this comes with an open type as well that allows you to film on the go, to actually secure the mount to other items like the attachments provided OR to other kit items (I would suggest getting some of those and will note suggestions at the bottom of the review), meaning this WILL use budget kits as well. This is VERY important to me because something accepting generic items means that you can use them for multiple items and you can reduce cost.

Design:

When it comes to the outer design, I really like a lot of things about it including the way that the grip type is situated, the way that user features are easy to find, and the screen size.

When it comes to grip type, this uses the patterned grip type that allows you to easily hold on to this even if you are sweaty, and that matters quite a bit. Imagine holding something like this near water while moving and without a case on it. You really want something you can hold with one hand.

The interface on the left-hand side includes a micro-USB plug port, a HDMI port, and a micro SD port. Speaker is also located on the right, to note where you should hold this. Battery case is located at the bottom instead of the side, like many types.

When it comes to the screen, the size is great because you can see what is going on clearly and you can actually review items with purpose. I have used small screens and I have to say that looking at something the size of the ant versus having detail really is no comparison at all.

With regard to layout, this is one of the most intuitive designs I have used, with a top button, a front button, and two side buttons. Oftentimes you have this layout with other cameras, but they normally have three buttons instead of four and their feature use suffers for it.

The front button is your power and mode button. This allows you to easily place it in video, photo, or review settings. You can hit it a 4th time and also place it on menu.

The top button is an OK button. This allows you to begin or end recording, to take pictures, or to select items.

The side buttons are ones I like a lot because they allow you to easily navigate the menu area and to access and review video in a timely, concise manner. For example, you take a video of something and want to know whether you captured what you needed. This allows you to easily FF or rewind, plus you can do it at different speeds.

Menu:

With regard to menu options, you have resolution, TV out, OSD, time-lapse, capture mode, cyclic recording, HDR, motion detection, image sizing, date stamping, quality, audio sharpness, white balance, color, ISO, exposure, anti-shaking, language, date, internal sounds, TV modes, card mode, frequency settings, wifi settings, and more.

Resolution is at 1080FHD 1920x1080, 720P 1280x720 60fps, 720p 1280x720 30fps, WVGA, and VGA.

Capture mode has timer modes, including 3, 5, and 10S.

Cyclic mode allows for recording in 3, 5, and 10 minute segments. To note what this means (to avoid confusion), you have a new file started very “X” minutes. This does not hinder recording and it helps a LOT with reviewing. This is nice, too, because some come with only 3M.

Quality has a fine, normal, and economy setting.

The anti-shaking setting actually does help with this, to note.

WIFI is easy to set up using this, with a SSID setting and a password setup.

Other Specs:
Lens: 170 degree HD wide angle lens.
Format: MOV
Charging time: Around 3 hours
Recording time: around 60 – 75 minutes.

Add-ons. (NOT INCLUDED. JUST SUGGESTIONS)

For someone who has not used one of these before, you should pick up a few mount types. There are entire kits out there for relatively low prices, and I would suggest picking up a kit versus buying per item because of pricing. You want a chest mount and a head mount, some type of mini tripod mount, and extra connectors. IF you are thinking about different types of vehicles mounts, an alligator mount is nice as well. For water use, you want a floater. All of this can be procured (plus some) in one kit, noting that you should make sure the kit comes with a lot and does not include #M tape as an item in item count (you do need this, but it should not be considered an item unless you get a LOT). I also think a SPLAT mount is needed for most people, and a stability pole/floater can also help out.

As if you have any more questions on this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20