Profile for TorridlyBoredShopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1572

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" RSS Feed ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LyveHome Photo and Video Manager for Mobile Devices with 2TB Storage
LyveHome Photo and Video Manager for Mobile Devices with 2TB Storage
Price: $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item with some cons, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has been a great product for me so far because I have multiple computers and tablets filled with pictures and 2 GB of storage for this type of media is a LOT. There are armies of photos you want to keep around, too, and you really do not think of how easy it is to lose years of experiences simply by having some unfortunate calamity such as a crash. I like having something that is dedicated to my pictures, and it does feel good to have them in one easy-to-access place. It also felt good going through them, because there are armies of pictures I had forgotten about and it felt good seeing people who have since been lost or have grown up. I also like the idea of not having to pay to store my pictures on some digital service, because that gets expensive. They are worth it, sure, but monthly charges get old. Synching devices to this thing was really easy, and reviewing via a device is also pretty simple. I also like the idea of a digital frame, and I am not someone who thought they would ever type that.

There are some downsides to this as well. For one, it would be nice to be able to go through and select pictures easily but this system is mainly a date search engine. The price is kind of high as well, and it takes FOREVER to load from your PC to the device. I think more control would be nice, period.

All-in-all, a nice thing to have but read up on the downsides first to make an informed decision. If they sound good to you, you are picking up something that is nice to use and can make days or even weeks of reviewing extremely worthwhile.

Motomco 32433 Tomcat Super Hold Rat Glue Trap, 2-Pack
Motomco 32433 Tomcat Super Hold Rat Glue Trap, 2-Pack
Price: $8.79
2 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Insects, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked this up because of spiders - we have way too many - and I have to say that glue traps really do the job. Not only did they pick up those eight-legged beasties but they also managed to catch a number of other insects. It works well in addition to spraying and also offers easy clean-up, which is something that a lot of devices cannot tout.

As far as rodents, I have yet to use the glue trap for this because I am still trying to decide how I feel about a glue trap. I am sure it is quite effective, but there are other factors a consumer might want to gauge before picking these up. Remember, too, that pets and kids stick to these, so watch your placement.

A GREAT product, works well.

V.ALRT VSN400 Personal Emergency Response Device
V.ALRT VSN400 Personal Emergency Response Device
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for added peace-of-mind, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I live in the middle of nowhere, and when I saw this I wanted it. I like to go out and explore, and I also like to feel safe while doing so. Add in the fact that we recently had a child and peace-of-mind becomes even harder to come by. That is what is great about this item; it works in unison with your phone but adds some distance, allowing you to contact someone while in distress. Whether mowing the lawn and having an issue or walking through the woods; I tried it out in an area that is very isolated and it worked pretty well - there were few places I ran across where it did not work. That makes me feel good about adding it to a purse while my wife is at the park or to a pocket while I am out doing whatever. It has to be depressed for "x" amount of time, too, so you are not going to end up with SWAT and air rescue at your doorstep simply because a family member mistakenly thought your watch was a hard-to-read digital display.

What it does is contact someone on your behalf with a few options on how to do so. I set up a test message and tried out a few folks, and within minutes they were calling me back to see what it meant. It was a breeze to set up - you have to download an application to your phone and hit a few buttons - and you can wear it in different styles, allowing you to either display or hide the item.

I will be picking up more of these, simply because it adds peace-of-mind for fairly little money.

ASUS MeMO Pad 8 ME181C-A1-BK 8-Inch 1 GB Tablet (Black)
ASUS MeMO Pad 8 ME181C-A1-BK 8-Inch 1 GB Tablet (Black)
Price: $179.00
36 used & new from $164.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, fast tablet, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Currently this is my favorite of the ASUS brand tablets, and I have owned five over the last few years including the ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX-A1-BK 7-Inch Tablet. Both are easy to use and sport the 1 GB of Ram, but the 8" is a great size for reading on the go, be it a book or a comic. Downloading with this is quick and painless with the 1 GB of RAM making access to the internet quick with no delay, and the lack of lagging continues while streaming in videos or listening to music. The display looks good, too, adding to all forms of media, be it movies or comics. For the price, the tablet has great specs, with the aforementioned 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage, an expansion slot so you can add SD cards. It has a great feel, is lightweight, and looks sharp. I also like the new design when it comes to accessing your tablet, with functionality becoming even more streamlined. If there is one downside to the newer ASUS tablets, it has to be the cameras. I do not take many pictures with tablets anyhow, but there is a graininess to the pictures it takes that leaves something to be desired. Still, that is seen in a number of tablets and is not something that really impacts my view.

If you are new to tablets or do not know technology all that well, I think the ASUS models come off as very user-friendly. I purchased one for a family member who is terrified of technology and she was able to figure out a lot of functionality. Also, I want to add in something on ASUS customer support. I have had to make some service calls over the years to three different companies, and ASUS was the most recent one because of a small but annoying error. The person I spoke with was nice and very helpful, and they actually stayed with me well into an hour, answering all my questions and making certain there were no more issues. That kind of customer service combined with affordability, durability, and functionality is what keeps me with ASUS.

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX-A1-BK 7-Inch Tablet (Black)
ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176CX-A1-BK 7-Inch Tablet (Black)
Price: $129.99
26 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, quick, cost-effective tablet, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have owned a number of tablets so far, and have continued with ASUS is because of durability, cost to replace, and functionality. I want to add something on their customer service as well because I have had to call about three different tablet brands over time and the ASUS customer service was really helpful and nicer overall. I had an issue out of the box with regard to access and the representative sat on the phone for over an hour making certain that the issue was remedied and that I had no more questions. Kudos for that.

This tablet is really light, which is something I like a lot, but it feels good while you hold it. Some of the models outside the ASUS line I have tried out in the past felt or looked cheap and that is annoying. I want a reasonable price, but I also want a tablet that looks and feels good and this fits the bill. It is also easy to use, with the newer menu changes making finding specific items a lot easier. This is something I try to keep in mind when picking up a tablet for family members who are trying to shake their Luddite status.

As far as speed goes, I can definitely tell a difference with this model compared to previous ones. Loading items from the internet, running programs; it has made me a lot happier. My older tablets lagged or delayed but this one brings up items with a snap. The display looks nice, too, and can easily be seen in day use, and the speed kept up with 1080p streaming. I like reading on the go, especially comic books, and find that the newer tablets bring out a crispness that adds to that - although I will note that there is a lot of zooming if you use a 7' tablet. The specs are nice for the cost; 16 GB and a gig of Ram; add in the SD slot, a MUST in my book, for additional items or carrying specific files and that makes the tablet useful for all kinds of hobbies.

A con for some is the camera, which is grainy anywhere you need a little light. I am not prone to take pictures with my tablet anyhow, and a 2 megapixel camera is something that does not tempt me to start anytime soon.

All in all, a nice tablet.

FiftyThree Digital Stylus Pencil, Graphite (53PA02)
FiftyThree Digital Stylus Pencil, Graphite (53PA02)
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $59.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Stylus with a few mood quirks., July 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an amazing stylus, with beautiful aesthetics and a nice flow. I love the weight of it because it feels good, with most other stylus designs either coming in light or really, really light. As far as any other IPad stylus is concerned, I am thinking this may be the best one out there. The stylus is a bluetooth device, synching with the IPad, and it makes loading in Paper really easy. It responds well but it does not have pressure sensitivity, which is a downside but one that will hopefully be overcome in the future. It also has some issues now and again with being moody, hence the loss of a star because moodiness plus price sometimes irks people. That said, I do like it a lot and hope that it is taken to its full potential soon.

ERGObaby Wrap, Eucalyptus
ERGObaby Wrap, Eucalyptus
Offered by Apple Green Baby
Price: $79.00
10 used & new from $71.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made and works for the tall as well, July 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I have utilized a few brands of front wraps, and I have to say that this is the best I have tried out so far. In my family we have some height variance, with my wife coming in at 5'6' and myself at a little over 6'6". One thing I have noticed with strollers, wraps, and so on is that average height is normally good-to-go with products but the short and the tall oftentimes get shafted. I learned that really well with another brand of wraps while going to the park, with the thing fitting tightly around my neck and making me feel like I was going to die. After that, I was reluctant to get this but I have to say that it is working out nicely. I take it to the park sometimes and so does my wife, and the baby likes riding in it and looking from both the comfort of parent to the world flowing by. It is really well-made and that makes me feel better because if there is one thing that will not happen, it is me walking around while thinking "this looks off." Also, my daughter is really long, wearing 12 month old clothing at around 8 months, and this still fits her well.

One thing I want to note that you need to try out this type of carrier first because not everyone will like them and it is an investment.If you are good with that, then this is a great pick-up.

WordPerfect Office X7 Home and Student
WordPerfect Office X7 Home and Student
Price: $69.99
19 used & new from $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and cost-effective, July 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using Corel products for way more years than I care to mention, and they have always worked out well. I also use Word a lot, especially for work, so programs have to be compatible and I have not had any issue with this. WordPerfect is pretty intuitive and easy to use, is not complicated when it comes to setting it up or updating, and it is cost-effective compared to some other (o no, I'm going to sneeze. AcchhWORDhhhh.) programs. I like the Slideshow set for this, and the alternatives to Word and Excel really do make this a good version for cost-contentious students. I put it on my computer running Windows 8 and that have had no issues there, and I also put it on my Windows & computer and it runs nicely.

The thing I really did not like about the Home and Student version is what is missing, such as the some useful PDF functions and a few ebook formats. There is a checklist that compares each version, so I would note that it would be beneficial to examine that before purchasing.

Annex Quad Lock Bike Mount Kit for iPhone 5/5S - Black
Annex Quad Lock Bike Mount Kit for iPhone 5/5S - Black
Price: $64.11
2 used & new from $57.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Liking it with the stroller so far, June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This excellent little buy has been helping me get in shape by allowing me to mount it not only to a bike but also to a stroller. We just had a new baby and I like to take her to the park, but sometimes I want to walk with her and listen to something at the same time and this has done me a service. I had wondered about the advertised adaptability offered by this device, so I also tried it out with more than one model type and was pleased that it has an easy adjustment as well. The one con I have noticed is an issue another reviewer also noted, which is debris building up inside the case and needing to be cleaned quite regularly. That is disturbing in a way because protection should take into account the terrain that it is being utilized on. Still, if you are aware of it, this can be a minor obstacle at best.

I will update this more as time passes to see about durability and about the accumulation issues.

Belkin 3-Feet Micro-USB Cable with Lightning Connector Adapter - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Idea and Follow-through, June 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In my opinion, these are pretty awesome. What you have is a basic cord to fit items like your tablet, some phones, and so on, only it has the add-on for lightning protection. You have a plastic strap connecting one to the other, and this allows you to attach it when there are storms or to break it down depending on need. When I first saw one of these advertised I thought that it looked awesome, and in use it is definitely cool. I am thinking of buying a bunch of these for my devices, bot to have extra and to have the peace-of-mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20