ARRAY(0xa9aa921c)

Customer Reviews: 1541

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" RSS Feed ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips SHQ1207/28 Sport ActionFit In-Ear Headset for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Orange/Gray
Price: $20.99
16 used & new from $9.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible fit, bad sound, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really disliked these headphones both because of fit and because of the way they sound. Even when looking for a cost-effective alternative, I would not pick these up. Why, you ask? Well, you know when something bothers you and you simply cannot forget it? That was what these were like to me, fitting like a miniature brick and constantly reminding me they was there. Added onto that was the fact that the headphones are low quality and sound like it. Very uneven sound, very inferior quality. It reminds me of the adage “you get what you pay for.” My advice is to spend a little more and get something better.

CamelBak Relay Pitcher, Charcoal/Clear
CamelBak Relay Pitcher, Charcoal/Clear
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to be Healthier, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve seen the “two-step” filter pitchers advertised and wondered about them, but was not sure what the improvement would be compared to the older ones. Picking one up, I noticed two things.
First, the water tastes cleaner when it comes out of this system. AND I know people make statements like that all the time, convincing themselves there’s some difference when there is not, and I do not make it lightly. I am trying to drink more water but kind of detest it, but this has helped.
Secondly, there was the issue with speed. In the past, the filter would run s-l-o-w-l-y, making me wait hours. This system had water move through it at a good pace. That’s good for me because when I finally motivate to drink water, I do not need a reason to back out.

It is sturdy, handling well, and the lid clamps so I like that. I always hated the idea of filling it then spilling it and thought it was about time this feature was add.

The item is listed as dishwasher safe, but I am still hesitant to stick it in the washer. Other reviewers have noted that it holds up, but I feel like washing it in the sink is just as good for me. I'll revise the review if and when I do try that out myself.

All in all, a great item.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7-Inch, Dark Gray)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (7-Inch, Dark Gray)
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tablet, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The tablet has some nice pros going for it. It has a nice feel and it runs smoothly depending on what you do with yours. I use mine while waiting - I ride with people sometimes and read and I sit in the bed and want to lounge - and thought it worked really well for that. I do have to say that I was really surprised by how thick it was when I first got it, then even more surprised by how well it handled considering how thick the item is. There's a light-weight quality to it that allowed me to use it easily, tilting it this way and that while goofing off - I mean testing it. I suppose that's what Lite means.

I want to also note that I'm tech-savvy enough to utilize an item, but I'm not going to quote specifications. There are other reviewers doing that and they seem really knowledgeable, so they're a better option for that. I tried the item out and tested it in the real world, using it at the doctor or during breaks or on the go, if that helps any.

I played a lot of applications for trial and the tablet ran smoothly, not having some of the hiccups I've noticed in other items when it comes to smaller games. There were a few issues when it came to some of the larger games I've purchased, with the requirements making me pause as it lagged it certain spots. I could adjust settings and control the issues, but there was still so lag. Playback on videos online was nice and movies played great as well, never once having an issue. To me this was a big plus. I also read comics on my tablets, and while a 7 " screen is not the most optimal setup for it, the tablet does a great job with fill and with colors. That's always been an issue for me when using something like a Kindle - perhaps it has been fixed by now, but there was always a framing issue that bothered me. With this, no framing. You can always zoom on frames if so inclined to make up for a smaller screen, which I do with this one. I read a book on it while goofing off; the read went well as expected, which I didn't really doubt. Android readers have always done right by me. Online use is good, no problems noted, with everything from directions to the restaurant to looking up random trivial working out.

Other reviewers have mentioned the price, and that is one issue the tablet has going against it. It will get cheaper as time goes on, so while it is an issue while writing this, it won't be for long. Another thing is the 8 GB internal memory, but with the ability to connect a mini-SD to almost every device these days, it wasn't too much for me to consider for myself but something I felt worth noting. I'm not a video-chatter so the lack of one camera does not bother me. I honestly have never liked a camera pointed at my face while using a device, but that's something you might want to look into if that is a selling/buying point.

Lockwood & Co. The Screaming Staircase
Lockwood & Co. The Screaming Staircase
by Jonathan Stroud
Price: $12.26
68 used & new from $7.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
THIS is a great book. It reminded me of Sherlock Holmes, as another review noted. Jonathan Stroud has a way with keeping his readers interested, providing not only a nice story with interesting characters, but also a sense of humor that has some dark elements to it. I like the set-up to the book, the situation, where the kids exorcise ghosts for a living. It combines with the other elements and makes for a good read. I even thought about taking another read-through because there's a lot going on here.

Munchkin Latch BPA-Free Bottle, 4 Ounce, 2 Count
Munchkin Latch BPA-Free Bottle, 4 Ounce, 2 Count
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for specific purpose with one issue, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These worked pretty well with regard to flow and even with the baby being able to grab ahold of them and try to grip. That's something I've liked with a bottle design like this; aside from aesthetics, the baby seems to comprehend what the bottle insinuates and what it takes to keep it flowing. There was some confusion switching form natural feeding to the bottle, too, and the baby did well with this bottle. The one thing I had an issue with here was the nipple function, namely the way it pursed. Sometimes it would mush in a lot and the baby seemed to have an issue trying to get it to push out. At first I thought this was something I was somehow causing, but then noticed it as part of the design.

Still, it is a great bottle and good looking. If you have the specified need to help the baby feed because of issues related to breastfeeding, it does a good job.

Game Slaves
Game Slaves
by Gard Skinner
Price: $12.67
61 used & new from $1.20

4.0 out of 5 stars nice end, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Game Slaves (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As several others have stated, there is an interesting plot buried within this book. It kept me reading despite a little too much of this and a diversion toward some other that. When I got to the end, the twist to it was good. That's what helped the rating a lot for me, too.

All in all, a good read that should have been a shorter book

Grounded: How Leaders Stay Rooted in an Uncertain World
Grounded: How Leaders Stay Rooted in an Uncertain World
by Robert H. Rosen
Price: $16.89
91 used & new from $2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many of the leadership books I've read have either left me scratching my head or thinking "what an awful view of leadership." Bob Rosen does a good job of going beyond that and addressing items like what it means to be a leader instead of simply being someone with a lot of power. There's a lot of pointers here that anyone in a leadership position can utilize, which is nice. We can all use any help we can get.

Good read

AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop to TV, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked this up for watching my laptop on my television and it is doing a great job. Crisp picture, no diminished quality, and hooking up well. Above all, the price is great. I love these Amazonbasic items; I've used them for my Ipod and my phone, and they have always worked. This one is just more proof of that.

Electrolux PureOxygen Allergy 300 HEPA 4-Stage Filtration Air Cleaner, White
Electrolux PureOxygen Allergy 300 HEPA 4-Stage Filtration Air Cleaner, White
Price: $349.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Seasonal allergies combined with weather issues and indoor allergens had me pricing filtration systems, and luckily I came across this one. Even the look of it is nice and clean, and the model itself isn't huge compared to many other models. It opens rather easily and the filters change out fluidly, making transition between filters and the initial loading a breeze. The thing puts out cool air, too, and lots of it, keeping me feeling like I have an extra fan within the home. It has a remote to it and the readouts are nice, but more importantly it is sensitive.

As in really sensitive.

To provide an example, I placed it beside my air conditioning unit and turned on the heat. The air quality meter on it went through the roof as the air made it to it. I could tell the difference between not having it and it working, for sure.

Very good item.

iPhone 5C Case, Hybrid, For Apple iPhone 5c AT&T Verizon Sprint T-Mobile and All Carriers (Black)
Offered by Luzy's Storage Place
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good protection, March 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn't too sure about this, but it has worked out great. It literally fits the phone like a second-skin, and it offers good protection. One of the issues I had with cases was the buttons on the side not depressing, but this has done a great job allowing me to do so. I also dropped my phone the other day and it landed on the corner, right where the cases offer the most protection.

Good, affordable model,