Profile for TorridlyBoredShopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1681

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" RSS Feed ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Thule Paramount 29-Liter Daypack, Black
Thule Paramount 29-Liter Daypack, Black
Price: $118.95
12 used & new from $109.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and make, like so many other Thule products, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second Thule bag I own and I absolutely love both of them. The great thing about Thule is that their products are well-made and you can tell there is plenty of forethought behind the functionality of the bag and the design itself. From the stitching to the zippers, everything is made well and lasts. I tested the Thule Paramount for almost a month and put it through a lot of stress, plus I have had my other Thule bag for over 2 years now. I have taken the Paramount on trips and actually took it outside loaded with electronics twice, which is something I would NEVER do with another bag. There have been plenty of times when other bags have given out on me for a lot less than I put this through, too, so I feel really confident that this will last. To me, that also illustrates the pricing points and says, "Thule is worth it." The Paramount also comes with a 25-year warranty, and that makes me feel good about how well Thule products are expected to perform.

When it comes to the Thule Paramount, there are three sizing options. This is a review for the 29-Liter, or largest, model. If you absolutely want a smaller model then you can go for something in 24 or 27 liters, but I find the 29 to be really useful and cannot imagine going in for less storage space. It has loads of storage capacity available and carries quite a bit; I carried two laptops, a large tablet, books, phones, chargers, battery packs, pens, and a lot more in it and it felt fine. As noted in the product description, the backpack itself weighs 2.38lbs, which is a nice weight considering. It lays well on your back, too, and that makes all the difference in the world. The dimensions for the bag are 20.1" x 12.2" x 10.6" (H XL X D), and the laptop compartment is 14.3" x 9.8" x 0.9." The padding inside the compartment is such that when I have to tote two laptops, I do not worry about them tapping together. I also like the fact that the laptop compartment sits a specific way and the cords can fit neatly under it. This optimizes storage space and allows me to stick cords plus a mouse in for editing and for mobile gameplay.

As noted before, the backpack is extremely well-made. The material is nylon with a thick vinyl bottom, so this excels when it comes to water-resistance. Please note that this does not mean it is waterproof, nor does it claim to be. The stitching is solid and the zippers are well-attached; even the zipper pulls have a durable, coated design that allows them to last. I also mentioned that it sits well on your back, and that is mostly because of design. In addition to having sturdy, durable straps, this has padded segments that sit well on your back itself while making way for your spine. The padding works in two ways, firstly adding extra protection for your laptop compartment situated toward the back of the pack (which is great), and secondly helping with weight and size distribution. That allows you to carry more and not put the weight on the wrong part of your back. If you have done that before, you know how uncomfortable that can be.

When it comes to storage, you can really optimize what you are carrying. On the top exterior flap, you have a pocket that is quite large, allowing you to put quite a few things inside. It is not padded but the material allows you to carry items inside without the fear of them being scratched and/or damaged. I use this area for carrying items I want to access quickly, like a breather for example. You could put a mid-sized notebook here as well or other items as well, to give you an example of storage size. When the bag is full, this area has to be trimmed down a bit because you want to flap to latch. That is not a problem at all and actually makes sense, and depending on what you are carrying, you want to be aware of that and plan accordingly.

After opening the top flap (which buckles easily and quite securely), there are two more exterior pockets, a larger pocket located directly behind these, and the laptop compartment/interior of the back. Additionally, you have a mesh area on the exterior corner of the bag that allows you to carry a drink or store other items.

The top exterior compartment is very well padded and is a place I like to put my phone or smaller mobile device. It is perfectly-sized for this or a smaller handheld gaming device and has a place where you can literally secure your phone/item into padding on padding. This has been great because that exterior padding also protects anything I put behind the padding, so it allows me to use the compartment for two items when most bags would allow one or even none.

Located below this is a large pouch that is not padded but is again made from material I do not worry about scratching items. I have recently taken to placing a battery pack in it or excess items, depending. This also has an integrated daisy chain on the exterior for carabiner or bike light.

Directly behind these pouches is a zippered compartment with all types of storage inside. At the top, you have two zippered mesh compartments, on on each side, that are great for pens and other needs, plus the interior one has two areas below it that helps with organization. This compartment runs the length of the front and is pretty deep, so you can use the mesh compartments plus the other areas to store quite a bit. Interestingly, the zipper compartments are almost behind the other padded compartment, and that might help with some storage decisions.

When it comes to the main storage areas, you have the laptop compartment and another compartment for storing other items. Each area has a zipper on the outside that allows for quick access, which I really like. This allows me to grab something quickly and not have to unpack my bag in case something is located in the middle of the bag or I cannot find it easily. The laptop compartment is also secured above the vinyl bottom, and this works to both make me feel better about water contact AND to help with cord storage. Unlike most other bags, I can literally secure my cords under the laptop and still have a flush area where I can stick books or whatever else I am carrying. On the exterior of the laptop compartment is a smaller slide-in pouch that you can also put in a tablet or other thin device, and you have the rest of the area to store items like books or other items inside. The way this pocket is designed is actually really nice, because it allows everything to sit flush and keep anything from protruding or messing with loading. This means you can organize better/ maximize space while conserving carrying effort/strain.

I really like this bag and love the brand, so I would highly recommend it.

Marrywindix Citrine/yellow Crytal Money Tree in a Money Bag for Wealth Luck
Marrywindix Citrine/yellow Crytal Money Tree in a Money Bag for Wealth Luck
Offered by vkending
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Luck and wealth; I'll take it., May 27, 2015
Who doesn't need a little more luck and wealth in their lives? I know I would not mind a little more and thought "what is the harm in having this" after a friend of mine noted the popularity of these in certain cultures. I want to note that this was supplied as a sample in exchange for honest feedback. I have not suddenly become rich so I cannot review the merits of it adding additional luck or wealth, but I do like the appearance and the item itself so the review is based on this.

With regard to aesthetics, I had initially wondered about this item's appearance after seeing the product pictures and hoped it would not appear tacky, so when I received it and played with it a bit, I was pleased and I actually liked it quite a lot. The item is basically one piece as far as the "bag" and the "tree" itself are concerned, with wire attaching the "leaves" and hot glue holding the wires in position. The golden hue of the item looks nice, with it having a metallic sheen that is not overly glossy or anything. The base of the tree from the roots up has been painted a lighter red that reminds me of common fingernail polish when I examine it up-close, and while this might not sound that great, it accents the gold and the "leaves." Speaking of the leaves, these are tiny opaque rocks with a tinge of golden hue, with so many of them attached together with wire to make both branches and leaf patterns. These are adjustable and can be confusing when you first get the item and it is all bunched up, but after taking it and setting it up the way you want it, it holds its position well and looks good.

One thing to note that I did not take off stars for but that can potentially be a tad annoying is glue stringing. This happens often when a lot of glue is used on a product, so you will have to do a little grooming here and there. You may also notice a bit of uneven glue application and may want to trim it depending on how obsessive you are (I did and it looks fine now). Again, this is not a big issue but is something worth mentioning.

194 LED Light bulb, Yorkim® 6th Generation,12V Lights for 168, 2825,T10 5-SMD LED Bulb, Replacement and Reverse White Bulbs,Used For Signal Lights, Trunk Lights, Dashboard Lights, Parking Lights, With Great Brightness and Longer Life(Pack of 10)
Offered by Yorkim
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical, bright., May 27, 2015
The Yorkhim 6th Generation bulbs are great both because of quality and because of pricing, and this 10 pack comes in really handy for quite a few uses. They are much brighter than standard lights so you can see much more when they are installed, and they use less power/ put off less heat. That means less power consumption and less wear/ yellowing when it comes to your interior domes and other plastic covers. They are also a GREAT price; I was honestly surprised by this because I had purchased LED replacements for my wife's vehicle and they cost 75 percent more than the Yorkim.

The product has some good information provided about them as well, which I appreciated. For example, these are T10 Wedge Socket, which is noted about the product, along with a notice that you should make sure that they will work for you. They install very easily but you can put in them wrong, so if you do not have the LED light up, you simply reverse it 180 degrees. They work for quite a few things, too, including interior uses, lighting trunks, for licence plates lighting, and more. I used them in my trunk and in my interior dome light and they worked out fabulously. I especially appreciated the additional light in my trunk because I had a flat tire not too long ago and the additional lighting for emergency situations is certainly needed.

Something to note is that they do not dim, so make sure to use them in areas where you do not need dimming.

These were supplied as a sample in exchange for honest feedback. They were tested for weeks so I do not know about long-term longevity, but I do take reviewing seriously since I and my family use these items and do not let sampling impede review ratings.

Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic (Zebra)
Offered by Symphonized
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for a solid brand, May 25, 2015
I am a proponent of the Symphonized brand and especially the NRG headphones because they work and well. I currently own around ten pairs of Symphonized headphones including multiple NRGs and they have all functioned a lot better than I ever expected, plus they have features I love that come standard on Symphonized headphones. That says a lot about the brand when you can consistently depend on them to both perform and to last, with my first headphones lasting over 3/4ths of a year and counting so far. When you factor in cost, it really makes them great.

About the NRGs, they sport awesome designs that consistently provide solid sounds. This is touted as being a byproduct of the use of real wood, and I truly believe that. There is a great sound produced by them, plus there is a sleek look that also comes from these. This pair has a lighter brown, almost bamboo, coloration, which is accented by the clear inserts with black inlay and the black-and-white nylon cording. Speaking of the cording, I really like the way it functions because they are durable and light, plus they perform better than "classic" designs. I have snagged one of my NRG headphones on a table and I had no issues whatsoever with them, which is saying a lot comparatively. I like the way these look, and I really like the way these port to your devices. With a design that looks like a lazy 7, they do not wear down as easily as those that straight port, which is an issue you run into with long-term use.

As far as sound goes, these perform really well and especially when you consider the price range. The NRGs have a lush sound with nice bass and good range pickup, plus they sound nice when it comes to calls. With regard to music, I only test LOSSLESS or FLAC files depending on my device, and I default to 320 when that is not available. I also test a diverse array of music but primarily test with electronic music because you have eclectic sampling, heavy bass, and varying levels of treble throughout. I add that to say that these are tested thoroughly and thought is put into it, plus they are adorned heavily for a period of at least two weeks. I have also tested their noise isolating qualities and have to say that it works out really well. They block out nature sounds while walking/running, block out the incessant sounds at the gym, and the grating noise of traffic. Anything that can block out traffic is doing well, too, and these performed great after work, in rush hour jams.

Please note that these were provided for sampling purposes. I use headphones a lot and take reviewing seriously since I purchase based on suggestions, so this in no way impedes the reviewing process.

Mengo Magna-Snap Mini Magnetic Air Vent Car Mount for Smartphones (iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Nokia, & More), Mp3 Players, and GPS Devices - Retail Packaging
Offered by Mengo Products
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This works really well!, May 25, 2015
Before the magnetic Mengo designs, I had almost given up on dashboard attachment and I had given up on vent clips. That is because too many of them fail to work properly and they end up dropping your phone. This gets to be expensive and annoying so I had all but said "no more." With this, I was not expecting a lot to be honest, but Mengo has good products and I figured I would try it out. After having such great success with the Mengo Magna-snap dashboard and this vent clip, I actually went out and bought another of each.

Please note that I am reviewing this with a Samsung Galaxy S5. I cannot attest to other phones such as the IPhone because I opted to insert the metal piece into the back of my phone instead of sticking it on (read below). Judging from the overwhelmingly positive responses and the way mine has worked, however, I would be willing to try one out.

With regard to the way this works, two things make the Mengo Magna-Snap great. First, there is the way it works when it comes to holding your phone. Unlike items that hold your phone via a cradle, this uses a small piece of metal and a magnet to hold it in place. Note that proper use of this is fine and will not harm your phone, and that the magnet holds well. You can apply the piece of metal to your phone in a few ways including attachment or adhesion. since I use a Galaxy S5, i took the back off and placed it right above the battery, per the instructions. After insertion, you simply place it against the stand and it holds. A nice thing about this is that the same metal works for a dashboard clip and a vent clip, too, so you can easily interchange them.

This brings me to the second part I really like about the item, which is the base. This base stays on the vent well and has not had any issues, and since the phone is attached really well, I do not have to worry about slippage. If you have never used a vent clip before, it is really simple. You simply find where oyu want it to go, slip it into place, and it should hold. The Mengo does just that, and it outdoes competition by working!

Please note, this was provided as a sample in exchange for honest feedback. I take that seriously since I love my devices and in no way let that influence the reviewing process.

Mengo Magna-Snap Magnetic Dashboard or Window Car Mount for Smartphones, MP3 Players, and GPS Devices - Retail Packaging
Offered by Mengo Products
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works! And well!, May 25, 2015
I have used quite a few cellphone holders and most do not perform that well. This is normally caused by either one of two issues: the suction not holding on the base or the cradle not holding the cellphone properly. This can lead to some very irritating issues because phones are not cheap and dropping them is not fun. Thankfully Mengo offers these magna-snap items that work wonderfully and that I REALLY like. I like them so much in fact that I picked the first up via sample offer and purchased a second one. I also picked up another of the vent ones as well.

One thing I like about how this works is that I can not only use it for calls, but I can also record with my phone. Sometimes that is optimal if I want to record myself going somewhere or just want footage. with the Magna-snap, you can turn the phone sideways and it holds like a dream, allowing it to film how it is supposed to. This can allow you to take some impressive shots, too, record surroundings and landscapes, traffic, and much more.

This brings me to the second part I really like about the item, which is the base and suction. As I said earlier, I have had a lot of issues with suction but this holds really well. You simply take, adjust the suction via the back of the stand, and adhese. I use it on my dashboard because of convenience, recording, and because I feel like it is easier to see and obstructs less, but my wife uses one on the window. Both have worked for over two weeks now and neither has given in any way. To me, that is very impressive.

As I noted before, this was provided as a sample in exchange for honest feedback. I take that seriously since I love my devices and in no way let that influence the reviewing process.

iGearPro Voice Activated Audio Recorder - Premium Digital Voice Recorder  - Multifunctional Portable Rechargeable Dictaphone MP3 Player (8GB)
iGearPro Voice Activated Audio Recorder - Premium Digital Voice Recorder - Multifunctional Portable Rechargeable Dictaphone MP3 Player (8GB)
Offered by Everymarket
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and easy to use, May 25, 2015
I have been playing with the iGearPro Voice Activated Audio Recorder for a couple of weeks now, and I really like using it. It has easy-of-use and size complimenting one another so that you can literally put it in the palm of your hand and look at it and get the basic functions down. I like those two features utilized in conjunction because size with concealable items matters and ease-of-use is extremely important. Add to that the fact that playback is easy, that you have good quality sound, and an internal microphone for quick replay and you are set.

When it comes to ease-of-use, this device is laid out really well. The record button is on the front so you can find it easily and without looking, and your playback buttons are located on the sides and are easy enough to learn. They are clearly marked, too, so you can easily tell what each does without needing volumes of time and instruction to use. Take the record button, for example. It is bright red so that you can easily find it AND you can see that it is recording because the LED screen will say REC and show a little spinning disc icon. The one recording feature I did not immediately note is the fact that STOP is also the record button, but that did not take long to figure out at all. There are other features on this which might take a little practice, but nothing that is very complex.

As far as size is concerned, this is very compact. The dimensions are 3.5" by 0.8" by 0.5". (L, W, T). That makes it really slim and easy to conceal almost anywhere. I first tried this out by simply palming it and recording, which worked great. Then I tried sitting it in a jacket, placing it in a room, and finally recording a conversation from outside a car while I was inside. No one noticed the device until they were told, and the sleek, user-friendly design of the model made it really easy to keep and hide. I also liked the fact that the device picked up really well, even when I was holding it in my hand.

Speaking of sound, one feature I was REALLY impressed with here is the fact that it did not require a microphone input. I have a few items like that and they require a lot more time and attention to hide, plus they have more to possibly give them away. The iGearPro also plays back without requiring headphones so you can immediately check your recording if you want to, and the sound is nice. This records in WAV format and has two setting, a low and a high quality. The HQ records in a 192k and the lower runs a lot less, and both give you loads of recording time. I have been using Pinnacle editing software to correct any unevenness in sound quality, but there are loads of other programs including Audicity, Videora, and more that allow this. One thing you have to watch is distance when recording, which I did around 5 to 6'. Everything after lost some quality, which is to be expected. You could add another microphone if you wanted, which is nice, and improve this.

I was provided this as a sample in exchange for honest feedback and tested it quite a bit. I buy based on suggestions so this does not impede the reviewing process, and I will always update the review if anything changes.

Ivation Multipurpose Gooseneck 7-LED Dimmable Clip Light with Stand - Battery operated, or plugs into USB or outlet - Can be used for BBQ, grill, reading, Book, tabletop/desktop, tasks, computer ect.
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, extremely useful, May 25, 2015
We had been looking for something to help light specific areas for crafts, especially for utilizing yarn and for tying homemade lures. The thing we had run into with a lot of items and especially for the lures is that some are simply too bright and detract from what we are doing or do not move. Many clamp but are also fixed, so when I saw reviews that this can sit or clamp I was interested.

A great thing about this is that it does have enough weight to keep it standing, and it does a nice job clamped as well. There are two little pop-out legs so it can stand and stay steadied, which is awesome when you are wanting to work and move it around. I really like that for crafts and I also like the excess light for macro pictures.

Speaking of adjustment, this item has a great gooseneck that can be bent into a variety of position including turning it upside down. That is interesting when you add the clamp feature to this because you can set it wherever you want or need it to go. It does not droop or hang incorrectly, which is nice because it holds its position correctly after adjustment.

With regard to lighting, it is bright without being overly bright, which is nice when you want an even lighting but do not want to go blind getting it. I was not sure exactly what to expect with a LED light, but the output of this is great. As I noted before, I use this for crafts that come with exceptionally fine details, and it highlights them enough so I can see exactly what I am doing.

I have not attempted to use batteries yet (I normally stick to USB charging), but I have used this with wall and battery pack charging and it has been great. The light charges quickly and having it work from multiple sources means you can literally take it anywhere.

I will update this if anything needs additional information.

Note that this was provided for sampling purposes, and that I buy based on reviews and use these itmes with my family, so this in no way impedes the reviewing process.

Mudder 2 in 1 LED Digital Display Car Batteries Voltmeter Gauge Electrical Auto Voltage Tester Detector Smart Meter, Car Battery Load Tester Monitor + 3-Port USB 7.1A 35W Cigarette Lighter Charger for iPhone 6 5; iPad Air 2, mini 3; Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge S5; Note 4 3; Nexus 6 9 and More
Offered by MudderOnline
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device., May 25, 2015
I own quite a few MUDDER devices and one of the things I have consistently been impressed with is the quality of their designs. Some have lasted a year or more so far, and they have all performed at or above expectations. This is especially important now that there are numerous items from a multitude of companies touting performance and cost effectiveness because you have to have a name you know and trust.

With regard to the Mudder 2 in 1, I like a lot of features ranging from aesthetics to functionality and more. The LED display is a nice touch, as is the the look and reach of it. This also comes with smart sensor technology, which is crucial in today's items.

With regard to the look and functionality of design, you can tell it is well-made simply because of how it appears. Everything from the LED screen to the adapter work well, and there are a few rather functional items here.
First, there is the length of the cord. Coming in at around 5 feet, it reaches anywhere you want in your car and more. This is nice because I hate fighting with cords and you know how distracting some items can be.
Second, there are the USB covers. You can see them in the picture, and I like that quite a bit. Too many items come with open ports, and this can get anything inside and cause serious problems. These are easily accessed and do not require hardly any effort, which is crucial in my opinion when it comes to something utilized in a vehicle.
Third, there is the aforementioned LED screen. The screen makes it easy to see exactly how the item and device are performing, which I really like. Not only do you see device output, but you also see how your vehicle is delivering this way as well.
Fourth, there is the adapter. It fits really well and is not hard to slide out and use.

Another crucial thing to mention is the smart sensor technology that allows the charger to know how much charge is needed and how much to use, plus when to shut off. If you have an older charger then it might not have this, and smart chips are essential when it comes to device safety.

Some specs:
Max Output current :7.1 A
Blue USB port output current:2.1 A /2.A-3.5A
Black USB port Output current:1.5A

You can find all additional information in the product description.

Note that this was provided as a sample in exchange for honest feedback. I test all devices thoroughly because I buy based on suggestions and my family uses these, so sampling in no way impedes the reviewing process.

[ USB Car Charger ] JOTO 6.6A/33W 3 Ports USB Car Charger with Smart IC Intelligent High Speed Charging [Metal Series] - Portable Fast Vehicle Charger compatible to Apple and Android devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy, Galaxy S6, HTC M9, Nexus, Motorola, Nokia, Sony, MP3, GPS, Bluetooth Speaker and More) Mobile Smartphones and Tablets UNIVERSAL Portable Rapid Travel Charger, 3 USB Quick Car Charger Adapter [Silver / Black]
Offered by Tech Vendor
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and economical., May 25, 2015
This is the second JOTO charger I have picked up, and I like it a lot. My first was a 2 port, 2.1A, and this adds a 3rd, 2.4A port. I like that because it adds convenience when you are basically talking two people in the front with a phone each, plus another device ranging from a tablet to GPS and more.

For anyone wondering what the 2.1A versus 2.4A means, it basically can deliver more power through one port while delivering different levels to other ports. The higher output on one versus the others means that the 2.4A might be capable of charging a tablet faster than say a 2.1A. 2.1A is good, too; phones successfully charge at this pretty quickly, and 2.4A works well with tablets and some devices. You can always check the specs on the item to see what is optimal, and if you have an older charger and think it does well, check its output. It may be running on 1.0 or so and could actually be greatly improved.

Something to add to the 2.1A and 2.4A is the smart sensor technology that JOTO uses. Many newer chargers tout this and some run more successfully than others, but the two JOTO chargers have done really well with it. If you are wondering why a smart sensor is important, it tells the charger how to regulate charging, including how much charge your device can accept and to shut off when it is finished. I wanted to check this so I hooked this to a device allowing me to check output and to see if it cut off and it did so really well. I thought that was impressive and especially considering the cost.

I also like the way the JOTO looks, with a nice black-on-silver design that shows up well. The silver is actually functional, too, allowing you to find the item if you shove it in a bag or keep it tucked away in your car. JOTO seems to do well with designs, period, which is something I really do like.

This was supplied as a sample in exchange for honest feedback, and I try to be brutally honest with products. Since I buy based on suggestions and use these with my family, samples in no way impede review rating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20