Profile for TorridlyBoredShopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1584

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TorridlyBoredShopper "T(to the)B(to the)S" RSS Feed ("Daddy Dagon's Daycare" - Proud Sponsor of the Little Tendril Baseball Team, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bosch RBS003 1/2-Inch Shank Carbide-Tipped Ogee Door and Cabinetry Router Bit Set, 3-Piece
Price: $176.27
2 used & new from $169.99

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGH quality, September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are VERY well-made, to the point of possibly being some of the best I have used. From packaging (which looks amazing when sitting there, showing off these lovely new puppies) to durability, they seem to be a step above. We have been starting a couple of projects around the home, and I wanted to see how these would work with a variety of wood. I cannot say enough how pleased I have been so far. You can really tell quality when you use it, and skimping on tools should be one of those "no-no" that more people stick to.

Like others have noted, there is a minimum noted of 2HP - which I could really see after playing with these.

Case Logic WMMB-100BLK Wasedo CSC Case (Black)
Case Logic WMMB-100BLK Wasedo CSC Case (Black)
Price: $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the fact that I can carry it with a ..., September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked up this case for my Nikon D3200 and since the bag I use now has limited space due to the extra lenses I have added to the camera I needed more storage. This bag works well for my purposes in that it holds a lens or two and I can keep my camera in the original bag that I got with my camera. I go out and take lots of pictures on the lake or at the park or of my little girl and so I needed something extra that could be dependable for keeping expensive lenses safe. I like the fact that I can carry it with a long strap that comes with it and that it has all the extra padding! A lot of my cases are from case logic, so I know it is a brand that I can trust and is durable especially on those not so sunny days. I carry about a thousand dollars worth of camera and camera equipment with me and I like the fact that if the sky opens up and pours on my I can trust my case logic bags to keep this equipment dry and safe as I rush to my vehicle. I always recommend case logic to my friends and family and I have definitely recommended this bag to them just for the sheer fact that it isn't too big and bulky and it can carry the items I need it to as well as is very protective of my gear!

Rowenta DW5197 Focus Steam Iron with Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1725 Watt, Purple
Price: $99.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A good Iron makes for a happy home, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely LOVE this iron! I have to iron my husband's work shirts at least twice a week and for the most part I always used some cheap iron I got at some dollar store but when I got this iron I realized I had been doing this ALL WRONG!!! Now granted this iron is more for people who sew which I might add here my mother and aunt do so. It is a sorta heavier iron that puts out steam made to get every little wrinkle. It is considered a high precision iron in which it very much is in that it heats fast and doesn't cut itself off as most cheap ones do as a safety feature. The steam is hot enough that I don't necessarily have to put the iron right on the cloth all of the time and it has two buttons on the handle for spraying the garment/material or for just steam. Now the only con I have for this iron is that it's water spout has to be filled standing up but the hole for the water is not straight up and down but more for it being sat on it's face plate to be filled. Other than that I see nothing wrong with this iron. I even used it to straighten out one of my husband's hats. The brim had gotten bent out of shape and he had been asking me for months to fix it so I did so after I received this iron and I can't believe how new it made it look. The other irons were never good enough or put out enough steam for me to be able to fix the hat. But Now I can honestly say it is fixed and he is happy!

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Crawl Around Car
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Crawl Around Car
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ... 11 month old daughter loves this toy and we love the fact that it has learning tools, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our 11 month old daughter loves this toy and we love the fact that it has learning tools. It sings abc's and at stage 1 it tells her what the parts of the car are like "horn" when she pushes the horn. It also has places on each door to put shapes and balls. In the second stage it tells her what color and numbers. The third stage is for more advanced learning and is called imagination time. In this mode the child can pretend that they are driving or when they turn the steering wheel it takes them to the farm or to the market. Our daughter really enjoys the lights and being able to crawl around inside of the car. The only con to this toy is the assembly! It was way more difficult to put together than it should have been and it requires 2 AA batteries which are not included. Other than having to put it together though it is a great learning tool for babies and toddlers.

Battery Tender (022-0186G-DL-WH) 12V 5 Amp Battery Charger
Battery Tender (022-0186G-DL-WH) 12V 5 Amp Battery Charger
Offered by Boat and RV Accessories
Price: $79.99
6 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well, September 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very good, easy-to-use battery charger that works quite well. I am glad for it, too, because with winter approaching I always seem to have trouble with my car battery. I wanted to try it out on the vehicles and it did the job, plus it shuts down after it is finished so you do not have to worry about ruining your battery. I also liked the idea that this is spark proof, so you do not have to worry about clanging the ends together. The one bothersome thing here was that if I had not known anything about the product I might have found the minuscule instruction lettering troubling, I mean, were this a situation, I might not have had the time to have someone position the Hubble so I could see it. That is not a problem with the product, but still.

OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Bread Knife
OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Bread Knife
Price: $19.99
7 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, affordable knife., September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This knife certainly is not limited in function. I have used it on bread and veggies and it cuts great. It feels good when you hold it, like it is solid and will cut without causing any collateral damage, which is a definite plus, and it comes for a good price. It handles comparably to a higher price knife, like many OXO products.

Too many people skimp on their cutlery and wonder why they cannot cut something or why their cheap knives dull and break. Well, here is a cost-friendly alternative to any issues.

Tales of the Hidden World
Tales of the Hidden World
by Simon R. Green
Price: $11.58
26 used & new from $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Fans will like it., September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been a fan of Simon R. Green for quite some time, especially his Nightside work, but had only read his novels. I had never taken the opportunity to read his short stories and was glad to get a chance to read this. The stories included span decades, from 1979 to 2014, and I thought that was interesting to see the style over that timeframe. A few of them were not quite as good as others, but they were interesting to read nonetheless and a real treat for fans of his. I would recommend this to already established fans, and perhaps tell newcomers to check out something else first, learn to learn the author, then come back for a dose of something you will enjoy.

Dremel 6700-01 Sharpening Station for Drill Bits, Knives, Chisels and Scissors
Dremel 6700-01 Sharpening Station for Drill Bits, Knives, Chisels and Scissors
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $59.00
2 used & new from $59.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made and frustrating, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was kind of excited about receiving this product at first because of its size and weight, but after receiving it I found out this meant it was made mostly of plastic. You can tell that this will cause issues from the onset, and had I listened to my gut then I would not have been so annoyed by it. Thankfully I used an older knife as my first test subject, because if I had not then frustration would probably be anger. This is because of several issues experienced when trying to use this, most notably a knife that has ugly tattooed on the blade. Chisel sharpening; that was very frustrating as well, with the cheapness of the model shining through. Using it as a drill bit sharpener had more luck, partially because of the way it sets up and partially because the instructions were far more concise. This seemed to be what the thing was designed for and that did not turn out badly.

I MIGHT use this as a sharpener for garage-related items, but only for items I do not really care about.

Kindle FreeTime Kid-Proof Case for the Kindle Fire HDX , Blue
Kindle FreeTime Kid-Proof Case for the Kindle Fire HDX , Blue
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $17.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and then some, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now THIS is a case that is kid tested and parent approved! You have excellent padding, great grip, protection where it needs to be, and something the kids seem to like and are also not bothered by. This thing has been abused in so many ways that it almost makes me feel dirty, and yet it came through it looking nice and keeping the device safe. I really, really like it and would recommend it to families with kids.

Case Logic CL-NIPH-600 iPhone 5C Case - Glitter Silver
Case Logic CL-NIPH-600 iPhone 5C Case - Glitter Silver
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny! - but not gimmicky, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like these type of covers. They slide into place, providing protection where it is needed, do not block access to the charger or the camera, and look pretty good while doing it. I have always liked covers that do not overdo it and especially do not force me to clip my phone somewhere, and this works. I wanted to get this for family use because I am not a huge fan of glitter, but I am beginning to get to the point where that has even grown on me. The way it looks really catches light, adding to the aesthetics, and the padding is where it needs to be, insulating the corners from impact - where my phone most often hits.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20