Profile for J. Braun > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Braun RSS Feed (New England, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Learn Amazon Web Services - simpleNeasyBook
Learn Amazon Web Services - simpleNeasyBook
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mind Numbing, March 4, 2014
This is little more than a Power Point presentation. It's like buying a root canal! Luckily it was cheap so I don't feel too ripped off.

Mont Blanc Ink Cartridges, Irish Green (106274)
Mont Blanc Ink Cartridges, Irish Green (106274)
Offered by Seitz-Global
Price: $8.22
8 used & new from $8.20

4.0 out of 5 stars It makes marks, March 4, 2014
It is a fine color and it makes marks. However, it dries out if I don't use it every day. May be my fault since it's my first fountain pen.

Campbell Hausfeld MP6000 Tire Inflator with Gauge
Campbell Hausfeld MP6000 Tire Inflator with Gauge
Price: $14.24
18 used & new from $12.26

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tire filler I've ever owned!, December 15, 2013
This is the best tire filler I've ever owned (and I've owned quite a few)!

The end clips on the tire stem so that your hands are free. It slips free with a minimal loss of air pressure. This is especially good with motorcycles where you have to slip in behind brake disks or sprockets.

The pistol grip is very easy to hold, even with gloves. The lever for inflation is much easier to use than a button when filling a tire. The deflator button is right under your thumb for adjusting final pressure.

Lastly, the price is ridiculously low for a well made tool. I gave several of these as Christmas presents to my tool geek friends.

A Cruise to Die For (An Alix London Mystery)
A Cruise to Die For (An Alix London Mystery)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for the beach or on the train., December 15, 2013
Light and fun reading. A great book for the beach or on the train.

A good follow up to A Dangerous Talent which you may want to read first so you understand the characters and their backgrounds.

This is the kind of "book" that the Kindle app was made for

Tales of Triumph Motorcycles & the Meriden Factory
Tales of Triumph Motorcycles & the Meriden Factory
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars First person account of Triumph and Meriden, December 15, 2013
Hughie was there and has tales to tell. Not strictly a history of Triumph but a narrative of what it was like to work in the factory and how things got done (or not done).
Very easy to read and most enjoyable.

Rite in the Rain Field Binder Kit #200-KIT
Rite in the Rain Field Binder Kit #200-KIT
Offered by ArmyProperty
Price: $44.53
7 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for adventure motorcycle riders, December 7, 2013
Small enough to fit into my tank bag but big enough to hold all the notes, journal entries, diagrams, and everything else I may want to write down and keep. The pocket in back is perfect for keeping receipts as I go along. The spaces under the front and back flaps are also great for storing items. The zippered cover keeps everything in place.

I've used my binder for several years now and the older entries have not faded nor run when wet. This really is waterproof in rain, snow, and mud!! When I return from a trip I transfer my notes to a file binder and start a new to-do list for the next ride. I consider it as vital to a good trip as my tool kit.

Overall, I like the grid paper (#382) best. I can write journal notes the same as lined pages but the grid make it easier for drawing diagrams and maps. In areas where I don't speak the language well a drawing can bridge the gap to understanding.

See you on the road.

HELLA HLA-H83140171 H4 12V 100/80W Halogen Bulb Off Road Use
HELLA HLA-H83140171 H4 12V 100/80W Halogen Bulb Off Road Use
Price: $7.29
21 used & new from $3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Light up your night, October 28, 2013
I tried this out in my motorcycle and was pleased with the extra light at night. I'm able to see a little further and a little clearer.

Because of the extra light I needed to adjust the headlamp to make sure I wasn't blinding oncoming drivers. It only took a couple of minutes as the pattern is well defined in low beam.

Recommended for those who wish to see and be seen.

PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w Travel Wall Charger with Swivel plug for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, Amazon Kindle Fire HD DX KeyBoard, Samsung Galaxy Tab (USB Cable NOT included) - BLACK
Offered by POWERGEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, October 28, 2013
Bought two of these and threw one into my travel bags and the other into my motorcycle tank bag. It's nice to be able to charge my phone and tablet at the same time and only carry one device. They've held up well after a few trips so they seem to stand up to my style of travel which is not especially gentle.

JQuery in a Hurry: A Beginner's Quick Guide to Creating Interactive Website Using JQuery

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, October 28, 2013
I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss some future work but I haven't worked with jQuery in a couple of years. I wanted a refresher that wasn't going to bog me down in detail but would give me more scope than individual web tutorials. This "book" did all that in an hour. It took me from "Hello Alice" to a very superficial ajax app before my cup of coffee could cool.

I would recommend this for anyone who knows a little of html and programming and wants to get their feet wet before being overwhelmed with more "serious" books. It doesn't waste time with the usual boring history of ECMAScript or the minutia of typeless variables. It just jumps in and starts telling you what you need and why you need it.

Best of all - ALL the examples worked right off the page!! There's a claim few "serious" books can make!

Kent The Handmade Comb - 188 mm Extra Large Coarse and Fine Toothed Comb Sawcut 16T
Offered by Sun World
Price: $11.49
9 used & new from $11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a cheap drugstore comb, October 22, 2013
Or maybe you go to a better drugstore than I do. Anyway, I got a smaller version of a Kent comb as a gift and immediately ordered a larger one because it was so nice. More expensive but worth every penny. Especially as I expect it to last for years to come.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3