Profile for B. L. Christensen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. L. Christensen RSS Feed

OPTRIX 3-D Lightning Dip & Blow Bubble Set
OPTRIX 3-D Lightning Dip & Blow Bubble Set
Offered by fiddlesticks gifts n such
Price: $4.43
3 used & new from $4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Too cool! Fun for adults too!, April 24, 2011
OK... I had to write a review, because I couldn't believe the negative reviews on this product after we used it today. My kids got one for Easter from their aunt. The adults couldn't wait to try the toy out first. We went outside and put the glasses on. How pretty the world just became... I just entered LaLa land! Seriously. The colors were so vivid. I could just sit out there all day wearing those silly looking 3d glasses! What a TRIP!

First, we saw the halo around the bubbles. The halo was about an inch or more thick. Then, all of the sudden, we began to see the lightning bolts in the halo. We were very surprised that you could actually see these shapes. My boys (9 & 11) couldn't stop saying how cool it was.

The bubbles were not hard to blow. They could be a little heavy and some fell to the ground. But we had a slight breeze that day and it was perfect becuase they would slowly blow up and way.

Yes, it could have a spout to pour back into the bottle. I just took it too the sink and poured it in. I didn't have any spill.

All in all... it was very magical and impressive. We love these and I would give them as a gift for a kid... or as a funny gift for an adult. We are ready to try the other shapes too!

An Inconvenient Truth
An Inconvenient Truth
DVD ~ Al Gore
Offered by Blue Moon Discounts
Price: $9.94
178 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 50 years from now.....If you LOVE your CHILDREN..Do you part to help NOW!, January 15, 2007
This review is from: An Inconvenient Truth (DVD)
EVERYONE should be forced to watch this movie. If we make some simple changes to our lifestyle we CAN make a difference in our children's lives. The film shows that Global Warming is already causing numerous natural disasters that are killing thousands. From 122 degree weather to Katrina, etc. Gore goes on to explain how these disasters happen. Why they are happening. He does a great job showing this so that it is easy to understand the cause and effect. He gives us a glimps into why the government doesn't do more about it. What is REALLY FRIGHTENING is what scientists believe our Earth will be like in as little as 50 YEARS. Not 100 years! FIFTY YEARS! Our children and their children will be living a life here on Earth that we couldn't imagine. WE have to make some easy changes to our lifestyle now to make a better future for our children...To make Earth livable for our children. Don't be one of those people who think... "What difference can I make? I am only one person." You can spread the word and tell people about this documentary. You can make some simple changes to you lifestyle. You can make a difference! Our children depend on it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2007 11:12 AM PST

16  Glo E Bear with Five Different Light
16 Glo E Bear with Five Different Light
2 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 24, 2006
My 4 and 5 year old boys love their bears. I bought them each a white one over a year ago. They like to use them as a night light. I like it because it automatically goes off after a while. I found some of them on sale at a store and bought about 5 of them to give as gifts when the need should arise. The pictures of them glowing doesn't do the bear justice. The cute curly fur adds to the cuddly effect when it is used in the dark. SOOO SOFT! Now I see that they have the puppy... how cute! I would say this would be a cute gift for ages newborn to 7 years old.

Leap Frog - Talking Words Factory 2 - Code Word Caper
Leap Frog - Talking Words Factory 2 - Code Word Caper
DVD ~ Leapfrog
59 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars NO More Arguing Over Which Movie To Watch!, April 1, 2005
I have never felt strong enough to actually take the time to write a review. I am a certified k-6 teacher who has told everyone I know about Leap Frog's 4 amazing movie and now I am telling you...

LF Letter Factory: This was the first (out of 4) Leap Frog Movie that my children watched. My 3 1/2 year old and 2 years 2 month old boys are allowed to watch 1 movie a day. Each Day they agreed, in excitement, to watched this movie. Under a week my 3 1/2 year old knew his letter sounds. He could sing the letter sound song almost as fast as he could sing the alphabet. After a week, he amazed us when he sat down on the ground and wrote out the entire alphabet like a 4th grader. Had NO idea he could write like this! Shortly thereafter, the 2 year old knew all his letter sounds and letter recognition.

Talking Words Factory: I was so impressed that I bought them the Talking Words Factory that 2nd week. I wasn't surprised that my 3 1/2 year old began to spell, writing, and sounding out 3 letter words. He told me all about how the vowels were all sticky and their job was to stick letters together to make words. He went around singing the vowel song.

Talking Word Factory 2: It doesn't stop there...They got the Talking Word Factory 2 and Math Circus when they came out this Christmas. In a couple of days, the now 4 year old, was telling me all about sh, ch, th, and other blends. He told me how the silent e at the end of the word made the other vowel say its name (long vowel sound). He went on to tell me also how "when 2 vowels go walking the first one does the talking." And he wrote and read new complex words such as, boat, home, dime, wait, etc. This really increased his ability to read many, many new words - 8 letter words too!

Math Circus: They loved it too! Though it is fast moving for beginners, it is entertaining and has an easy concept. Adding and subtracting now comes pretty easy for my 4 year old. I gave him a math work sheet for addition and subtraction just for kicks. Wouldn't you know it, he did all of them with no problem. He was so interested in adding that he started asking about problems such as 3 + 3 + 3. Which helped him learn the concept of multiplication 3 x 3, 3 x 4, etc. But, we told him that he had plenty of time to learn that later!

The only negative comments that I have to say about these Leap Frog videos: Nothing, Oh, except that I wish my children weren't so obsessed with letters! They eat, breath, and sleep letters. Sometimes I just wish they would play with the trains, cars, and other toys. They will have their entire school life to learn about letters and reading! I just hope that when the time comes for school that they won't have grown board of it!

Other Leap Frog learning tools that reinforce what they learned on the videos:

LF Fridge Phonics Magnets - Love it. It sings each letters song when you put the letter in the hole.

LF Word Whammer Fridge Phonics Set - LF just came out with this. I know that they will love. I bought it for the next birthday! It is like the Fridge Phonics, but you can spell 3 letter words.

LF Letter Factory Board Game - Love it too! It is interactive and the board game talks and sings!

LF Sing Along Letters Flash Cards & CD - Songs from the DVDs. Not that you don't hear the songs sang enough from your children!

Wish they would make computer CD's too!

LF Leap Pad - Fun but they got board with the same books over & over. $14 a book!

There are many others, but I had to draw the line somewhere!

If you check all the other reviews, I am not alone. Only two out of 121 people gave this movie less than 5 stars! It is about time someone made a movie that parents and children both agree on! Thank you Leap Frog!

LeapFrog: Talking Words Factory
LeapFrog: Talking Words Factory
DVD ~ Roy Allen Smith
152 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars NO More Arguing Over Which Movie To Watch!, April 1, 2005

There are many others, but I had to draw the line somewhere!

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2012 9:36 AM PDT

LeapFrog: Letter Factory
LeapFrog: Letter Factory
DVD ~ Ginny Westcott
81 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Arguing Over Which Movie To Watch!, April 1, 2005
This review is from: LeapFrog: Letter Factory (DVD)
I have never felt strong enough to actually take the time to write a review. I am a certified k-6 teacher who has told everyone I know about this amazing movie and now I am telling you...This was the first (out of 4) Leap Frog Movie that my children watched. My 3 1/2 year old and 2 years 2 month old boys are allowed to watch 1 movie a day. Each Day they agreed, in excitement, to watched this movie. Under a week my 3 1/2 year old knew his letter sounds. He could sing the letter sound song almost as fast as he could sing the alphabet. After a week, he amazed us when he sat down on the ground and wrote out the entire alphabet like a 4th grader. Had NO idea he could write like this! Shortly thereafter, the 2 year old knew all his letter sounds and letter recognition.

My kids loved the videos so much that for 10 months...My son's (who used to play with Thomas the Trains and puppies) were obsessed with letters and words. They made their own letter and word factory machines out of their toys and tubs, drew each letter cartoon character, and sang the letter and vowel songs, and the older one wrote, yes wrote, many of his own homemade books. I knew there might be a problem with this obsession when all his arts and crafts from pre-preschool came home with letters all over them in place of eyes, noses, etc!