Profile for Gerry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gerry RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Storm White
JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Storm White
Price: $124.99
48 used & new from $110.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The fit is tight without being annoying. As with the Beats, February 14, 2015
The BlueBuds X are the earphones I've been waiting on -- gone are the days of cods constantly getting snagged and while I'm working out! Previously i've been using Bose SIE2i and Beats Tour earbuds at the gym. The Bluebuds have comparable sound, although not as base heavy as the Beats. It took an hour or so to get the BlueBuds fitting properly in my ears. I wear the cords 'over my ears' and windup the excess cord using the supplied bits of plastic. The fit is tight without being annoying. As with the Beats, I'm buying comply t-500 foam covers to replace the standard silicon rubber covers the come with the earphones. The comply versions are much, much more comfortable, and better at blocking out external noise.

Bottom line. The BlueBuds are very small and light, once fitted you can forget all about them. The battery life is long enough for a week's worth of workouts, even so, I keep the old Bose pair in my gym bag as a backup in case I forget to charge the battery. The sound is more than good enough -- gyms are pretty noisy, not really the place to listen critically for subtle nuances in your music (and besides, my gym playlist is all about getting me moving, so its not particularly classy stuff!).

Highly recommended.

Nikon EN-EL20 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (repl.)
Nikon EN-EL20 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (repl.)
Price: $24.89
26 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Same performance as the battery that came with the camera ..., January 12, 2015
Same performance as the battery that came with the camera (Nikon AW1). Its worth the extra compared to cheap, unreliable knock-offs.

Eyefi Mobi 16GB Class 10 Wi-Fi SDHC Card with 90-day Eyefi Cloud Service, Frustration Free Packaging (Mobi-16-FF)
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to say the eyefi card works much better than ..., January 12, 2015
I bought an eyefi card so I could upload photos to my iPad/iPhone when I'm traveling (mostly so I have a backup in case my camera gets lost or stolen). Happy to say the eyefi card works much better than I expected. It was trivial to make the connection to my devices. Photos upload surprisingly quickly, without a noticeable drain on either my camera or device battery. Highly recommended.

puripHy Drops - An Antioxidant and Oxygen Catalyst for Water Purification - By pH Miracle®, Dr. Robert O Young (2 oz)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 10, 2014
$54 for a dilute solution of baking soda. Seriously?

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Compression Cube Set, Strobe Green, One Size
Price: $37.95
2 used & new from $35.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and great compression. These cubes are not very large, October 9, 2014
Lightweight and great compression. These cubes are not very large, but the compression system makes them a very worthwhile purchase.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Garment Folder Medium, Tangerine, One Size
Price: $30.00
2 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars In a bid to pack both lighter and with better organization, I bought a bunch of Eagle Creek ..., October 9, 2014
In a bid to pack both lighter and with better organization, I bought a bunch of Eagle Creek Specter cubes and this folder. The Specter range is much lighter than the 'standard' cubes. Individually it doesn't make much difference, but once you have a few cubes in a bag it all adds up.

The medium folder fits nicely in my carry-on bag (a Briggs & Riley).

Nikon 1 AW1 AH-N6000 Water-resistant Hand Strap
Nikon 1 AW1 AH-N6000 Water-resistant Hand Strap
Price: $22.95
8 used & new from $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 9, 2014
Perfect addition to my Nikon AW1....... feels very secure, and more comfortable than a neck strap.

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $176.95
79 used & new from $154.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe you can get a lens this good so cheaply., August 5, 2014
I'm an enthusiastic, but not particularly good photographer. I love taking photos, and do so for my own enjoyment. It doesn't matter much if other people like them or not. But, using this lens on my D90 I can suddenly create really 'good' photos. Images where the background is nicely blurred and the subject is in sharp focus. Photos with excellent contrast. Way more than I ever manage with my other, more expensive zoom lenses.

The 35mm is now on my camera most of the time. Since I bought it I rarely use anything else. Yes, it doesn't have zoom capabilities. But, for the most part i've discovered the photos I like to take (people and pets) don't really need it. I can just move in or out on the subject.

Bottome line. This lens is a bargain, and almost certainly a purchase that you won't regret. This lens produces photos that make you think 'wooooohooo....I took that'.

Ninja Ultra Kitchen System 1200
Ninja Ultra Kitchen System 1200
Offered by TradeDeal
Price: $205.14
26 used & new from $79.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it, particularly for making single serving smoothies (the ..., August 4, 2014
This review is from: Ninja Ultra Kitchen System 1200
I was thinking of buying a vitamix, but baulked at the paying $500 for something I wasn't sure I'd use use regularly. So I opted for the Ninja 1200 at half the price. I have to say I really like it - particularly for making single serving smoothies (the main use so far).

The Ninja can tun a handful of ice, fruit and dollop of coconut yoghurt into a delicious smoothie in seconds. Clean up is a breeze. Just rinse the blades under some running water, or drop it in the dishwasher. Since it comes with three single serving, lidded 'to go' cups I can make a smoothie to drink on my way to the gym with little more effort than grabbing a sugar filled 'energy bar'.

For me, the smoothie making capabilities makes the Ninja well worth the price. Could a cheaper, less powerful blender work just as well? Yes, possibly. But, a less powerful machine wouldn't be as capable of mulching down fibrous fruits and veggies. Nor would it crush ice to the consistency of snow. So, yes, you get what you pay for.

A question some may have -- In retrospect, should I have bought the vitamix instead? No, not really. The Ninja does everything I want it to do. I'm guessing there are some situations where the extra power of the vitamix will be required (blending large volumes of really dense stuff). But, so far this hasn't been an issue. That said, having found out how much I like and use the Ninja I wouldn't think twice about buying another in the event this one fails, or buying a Vitamix if it was on sale at that point in time.

Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Price: $64.57
8 used & new from $58.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but some flaws, January 28, 2014
Pros:
- The Wahoo Blue connected to my iPhone 5 easily, and was being read by a couple of different app (digifit, iRunner, wahoo) within seconds of me opening the package it came in. No problems there.
- The monitor is discrete in use and very comfortable to wear.
- It is also very easy to put on -- more so than any of my previous HRMs I've used. The strap is in two pieces: a long piece of elastic that clips onto the central HRM unit using two press studs.

Negatives:
- If I try to adjust the strap in the middle of my workout I almost always cause one of the press studs to pop open and I have to stop and reconnect. With more difficult to put on monitors (Polar and Garmin) I've never ever had this be a problem.
-Also, once you do pop the studs and disconnect the HRM unit from the elastic strap it can take a while to settle back into reading properly.
-The elastic strap doesn't feel like it will last very long.

All in all its a good monitor, but I suspect if it breaks or I lose it then I'll probably replace it with the Polar H7 (less chance of strap opening in the middle of a workout).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6