Profile for Mean Mr. Mustard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mean Mr. Mustard RSS Feed (Salt Lake City, UT)

Page: 1 | 2
For All the Good Things
For All the Good Things
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 23, 2014
Awesome new artist. I discovered him on Facebook as well. Looking forward to hearing more from him.

Click 'n Dig! Key Finder. 2 Receivers. Wireless RF Item Locator Remote Control, Pet, Wallet, Keyfinder. (Free Extra Batteries).
Offered by 2Go Products LLC
Price: $39.00
2 used & new from $16.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, as advertised, November 7, 2013
I put this on my wife's keys, as she is constantly misplacing them. Works like a charm. Beeping noise is fairly loud, range could be a little bigger but if it's in the same room with you it will work, I haven't tested it too much beyond that. If you're not in the same room you may not hear it anyways. Very satisfied.

Tobacco Road
Tobacco Road
Price: $7.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Words cannot express how much I hated this book, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Tobacco Road (Kindle Edition)
Imagine The Grapes of Wrath (One of my all time favorite books) if it had been written by Jerry Springer and populated by characters from the Maury Show. That's what this book is. I hated each and every character in this book so much that I wanted bad things to happen to them. There were absolutely no redeeming qualities in any of them. This poverty stricken area was not peopled with those who were down on their luck, whose bad fortune had momentarily thrust them down even as their noble spirit attempted to raise them back up. No, the people in this story were in that situation because that is what they deserved. They were shifty, traitorous, disloyal, lazy, dishonest, and in some instances, downright evil.

How anyone could extract any kind of uplifting moral from this book, I cannot conceive.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 12:11 AM PST

D-Link Wireless N+300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router (DIR-655)
D-Link Wireless N+300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router (DIR-655)
Price: Click here to see our price
184 used & new from $17.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Wireless router once I got the settings right, March 4, 2011
At first all of the Macs in my house were having trouble connecting to this, and when they did connect the speeds weren't very good. Also I would have to reload the device once or twice a week. I knew something was up though because my Android phone and a PC laptop weren't having the issue. I played around with various settings, and finally got it right when I changed the channel width from the default setting of 20Ghz to 20-40Ghz. Instantly my macs starting getting five bars, great speeds, no problems. Ever since then I have not had a single issue, and have not had to reload the device once. I would recommend the device with that caveat.

Note: I did not contact customer service as I tend to try and figure things out for myself first, so it's possible they could have saved me some time and effort. But, I got the pleasure of figuring it out for myself this way.

The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy)
The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, June 25, 2010
You need to use a little patience in this book. Yes, the story takes a different turn a couple of hundred pages in. That just means you need to get to know some new characters. I for one can't wait for the next installment.

First Flight: A Tor.Com Original
First Flight: A Tor.Com Original
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, short read, June 10, 2010
Good story, a little bit predictable, but the characters were good enough that I didn't mind.

Eros, Philia, Agape: A Tor.Com Original
Eros, Philia, Agape: A Tor.Com Original
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I Sing The Body Electric Re-Imagined . . . ., June 10, 2010
If you re-imagined I Sing The Body Electric, by Ray Bradbury, as an Oprah Book of the Month story, this is what you would get. I struggled to finish it, and it's a short story (literally, it's maybe 20 or 30 pages).

More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea
More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Devoid of any literary skill, May 3, 2010
I couldn't make it through this book. Some of the incidents he related could have been powerful, could have been inspiring or uplifting or moving, but the author is not a writer. He is an EMT who writes in his journal. This is fine, but doesn't make it worthy of being published. A series of random journal entries does not equal a work of art. Good thing I downloaded it for free.

Atlas Shrugged: (Centennial Edition)
Atlas Shrugged: (Centennial Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Amazing book, but ebook conversion not great, April 9, 2010
I won't bother with a review of the book itself, as that is more than adequately covered by many other reviewers. I will say that for the cost of this book, I should be able to expect a proofread, error free electronic text. The errors are not major, but there are enough of them to be distracting. Stray periods,"John Gait" instead of "John Galt,' "d.3'Anconia". Dagny Taggart or Hank Rearden would never have let this product be released in this condition!

Healer (The LaNague Federation Book 5)
Healer (The LaNague Federation Book 5)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok story, horrible proofreading, April 1, 2010
If I had read this book when I was fourteen, I would have loved it. Reading it as an adult, it was ok. However, the conversion into an ebook was very sloppily done, and evidently there was no proofreading. The margins were often off, and worst of all there were things like "meta& shy; bolic" as an example of unsupervised OCR scanning. Still, I guess at $2.99 you get what you pay for.

Page: 1 | 2