Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Sam" RSS Feed (Minnesota, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Stack the Countries
Stack the Countries
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Stack the Countries (App)
Great educational game, addicting and fun! Has worked great on my HTC OneX. My 9-year-old and I enjoy it a lot!

Rhythm Band RB2312 Medium-Density Rubber Mallets 7 3/4" Long, 3/4" Diameter, Wood Handle
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $5.30
5 used & new from $2.69

4.0 out of 5 stars great deal, December 31, 2012
I was very happy with my purchase. I like these mallets better than the plastic ones that came with my bell set. The sound is softer/less harsh. But now I need to replace the originals so all the bell players in my group will sound the same.

The Homeschool Highway: How To Navigate Your Way Without Getting Carsick
The Homeschool Highway: How To Navigate Your Way Without Getting Carsick
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An insider's honest look at homeschooling, December 17, 2012
This book is an entertaining, realistic view of what the homeschooling life is like. For those who are considering it, in the midst of it, or wanting to understand the lives of homeschooling friends and family, I would highly recommend this quick and fun read. It provides food for thought for the struggles common to homeschoolers. It gives advice without giving answers, which is very important in a lifestyle all about individuality and freedom. Thanks, Amy, for sharing your experiences in such an open and honest way!

I'm Adopted!
I'm Adopted!
by Shelley Rotner
Price: $13.59
51 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good general adoption book, April 17, 2012
This review is from: I'm Adopted! (Hardcover)
I recently ran across this book at a conference. I really thought it did a good job explaining adoption. I liked that the book had different children telling the stories of their adoption. This was a good way of stressing that every child has their own story. I didn't purchase the book because I already have the Mister Rogers book, but this has gorgeous, current photos. It would be a nice way to open up an adoption discussion with a young child.

Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii
Lego Rock Band - Nintendo Wii
Offered by gametreasuresnyc
Price: $36.00
67 used & new from $2.61

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit with the whole family, December 30, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a lot of fun for kids and adults to play together. Building your characters is a fun way to get started. The levels include super easy which makes the game accessible for younger children than the regular Rock Band. And hard and expert are plenty difficult for grown ups. The music is great. But our favorite part is finding out what the next story line will be on the rock challenges. All in all a great game for the whole family.

USB Microphone for RockBand or Guitar Hero (PS3, Wii, Xbox360)
USB Microphone for RockBand or Guitar Hero (PS3, Wii, Xbox360)
Offered by Direct Distributor
Price: $11.98
32 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought it didn't work..., December 27, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This mic is excellent! We thought it didn't work on our Wii, but we tried it on the computer and it was working. So we plugged it directly into the Wii before powering up and made sure the Wii mote was powered up and it worked perfectly. I'm glad we tried a few things before returning it!

The Magic Labyrinth Board Game
The Magic Labyrinth Board Game
Offered by Funrarity
Price: $38.95
10 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great find!, September 23, 2011
I discovered this game on sale and decided to take a chance. It sounded intriguing and it definitely is! I was impressed that even our three-year-old quickly learned her way through the maze. It is tempting to try to test the walls, but the rules clearly state this is not allowed. You must move decisively. It was fun for the seven-year-old to design mazes and he learned valuable lessons about construction: what makes a maze more difficult and what can make it impossible! Great for memory and lots of fun. A different game every time! The game is well built to withstand lots of playtime. I want to go back and buy up the rest of the games that were on sale to give as gifts!

I Wished for You: An Adoption Story (Marianne Richmond)
I Wished for You: An Adoption Story (Marianne Richmond)
by Marianne Richmond
Price: $10.90
95 used & new from $6.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Check it out before you buy, February 22, 2011
I checked this book out at the local library before purchasing it because I am choosy about the adoption books I read to my child. It is quite long and overly sentimental. There were too many parts that I would need to skip or change in order to feel comfortable with the messages in the book, so I chose not to purchase it. This book might be a better fit for another family.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2012 7:39 PM PDT

Hoover S1120 Hand Held Wet/Dry Hand Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover S1120 Hand Held Wet/Dry Hand Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but it's my second one, February 2, 2011
I like this little hand-held vac a lot. The one I got through Amazon appears to be an older model, which is probably a good thing because the first one I got from the store had less durable parts and the button was broken. I returned it to the store. I hope that's not the case with all newer models because this little vacuum works great. It's powerful and I have yet to use it long enough to run down the battery. My kids argue over who gets to use it, which is an added bonus!

The Coffee Can Kid
The Coffee Can Kid
by Maurie Manning
22 used & new from $0.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great discussion starter, July 9, 2010
This review is from: The Coffee Can Kid (Paperback)
This is a fabulous book to open up a discussion about adoption with children. For adopted children, it can be especially useful to compare and contrast their own adoption story with that of the character, Annie. Each child's story is unique and I especially like that this tells Annie's story in a very detailed, thorough way. But it is not overly sentimental, as some adoption books can be. The illustrations and descriptions are beautiful. This is one of the few adoption books that I've been 100% happy with. As a side note, we have a very open domestic adoption, but I feel that this book addresses many aspects common to all adoptions. It's really perfect for us. I also like that it shows my young daughter that not all adoptees have relationships with their birth parents.

Page: 1 | 2