Profile for QuestionCharm > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

QuestionCharm RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, January 3, 2012
I'm so pleased with this product! It's the perfect size, especially for women. I use it every day, including the drink holder on the right arm rest! It's far enough forward so it doesn't interfere with my arm resting on it. The controls are built into the arm which I was a bit apprehensive about at first as other massage chairs have a hand held control connected by wire. I actually like this format better! I'm able to easily reach the controls while reclined and I like the no clutter, simple built-in look. The chair is a soft-ish leather-ish - not rock hard. The chair is able to recline to almost horizontal position which I love. It increases the intensity of the massage and also the electric recline let's me set the recline angle at any angle I want! It has wheels on the back side for easy moving. It also has an outlet built-in for a laptop or reading lamp or whatever you want. The head cushion is adjustable and can be moved forward and backward. Lastly, I am able to get different intensities out of it: soft, medium, and hard. Soft I insert the cushion that came with it. Medium I use "as is." Hard I can get by unzipping the slightly padded chair backing and leaving it turned down to receive the massage. Settings are great too - 4 different styles of massage, different areas to zero in on, and the ability to move the action anywhere you want on the neck/shoulder area, back, and low back. Great product!

Madden NFL 11 - Xbox 360
Madden NFL 11 - Xbox 360
Offered by BA Sports
Price: $15.93
252 used & new from $0.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Accessible For ALL Levels of Players!, October 14, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I can't believe this game isn't getting better reviews! As a casual gamer, every time I've tried to play Madden in the past I've ended up chucking the controller across the room, cursing, and quitting never to touch it again.

This time they finally got it right. It's a world of difference in accessibility for the non-die hard gamers out there. Yes rookies, newbies, novices, and even medium level players FINALLY have an access point to get in on this game. THANK YOU! I'm a huge football fan and it bugged me how complicated Madden was in the past.

I love the VERSATILITY of this edition - even the hard core gamers can still play their style if they want. They don't have to play the style that the newbies will find enjoyable. You can choose what style you want to play so both hard core gamers and beginners can be satisfied. The turbo option is still there - you can choose whether or not to activate it in the settings. Those of you complaining about the lack of it need to do your research.

The only complaint I have concerns two player mode. Whereas in one player mode I can click through all the "fluff" to get right to the play, in two player I can't click through as quickly.

Overall a great game that is finally fun for the whole family!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Madden NFL 11 - Playstation 3
Madden NFL 11 - Playstation 3
Offered by Galactics
Price: $8.74
562 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Accessible for ALL level players!, October 10, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

The graphics are also visually stunning - crisp and clear. As a visual person, I really, really like how on the plays the game visually shows me where my players will be by drawing different colors lines down their routes. It also shows me which one is A, B, C etc. If you don't want to play with the "training wheels" of gameflow - YOU DON'T HAVE TO!!! Why people complain about something that is optional in the first place is beyond me! If you don't like that feature - don't use it! But for we rookies and novices - and even mid level players - we finally have an entrance point for this game.

One area of improvement concerns the two player gameflow. In one player gameflow I can quickly click through, or fast forward in a sense, through all the fluff parts of the game to get right to the play. In two player mode though it takes much longer and I can't click through the fluff as fast to get to the play itself. Wish it was as fast as in one player mode.

Overall a great game the whole family can enjoy now!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Cole Haan Hand-Stained Pebble Grain Leather Cover for 2nd Generation Kindle,Saddle Tan

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous AND Functional!, March 3, 2009
This K2 cover is GORGEOUS!

- EXTREMELY soft and comfortable leather
- Business card holder on inner flap
- Feels like reading an old book
- Aesthetically beautiful
- Protects the K2 successfully
- K2 held snugly in place by four tight straps, one in each corner
- Straps do not painfully interfere with on/off or volume buttons - unless you're someone with above average finger size perhaps
- Leather arrives on the tight side and may not appear to "completely fit" at first. (we're talking minimal bit of space here) DON'T PANIC - the supple leather WILL easily stretch to fit perfectly within a few days. You have to train it - break it in just like any quality leather product. Once you do that - ahhhhhhh - soooo nice. They do that on purpose because they know good quality leather inevitable stretches with use!

Love this little baby!! Keeps my K2 safe and is simple and classy!

Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless)
Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless)
6 used & new from $58.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes My Breath Away!, March 3, 2009
The Kindle 2 is fabulous!

Pros:

- It can read to you in a male or female voice at varying speeds - love it when my eyes get tired or I'm just too lazy to do the actual reading
- Crisp, clear, easy to read screen
- No glare when reading at the park or beach!
- Ability to adjust font to various sizes
- Sleek and slim, excellent design
- Soooo comfortable - literally disappears when you read
- Huge conversation piece
- The cost of the device pays for itself almost immediately if you are an avid book reader like I am
- Save money on shipping and book prices
- Instant delivery of books - no waiting
- Textbooks: I'm in a Doctoral program and order my textbooks via kindle
- Ability to highlight and make notes
- Huge battery life - have not charged mine in weeks and I read every day
- Charger is equipped for USB or wall outlet
- PLENTY of storage (and I am a voracious reader)
- Perfect size - not too big, not too small, not too heavy, not too light
- Easy on the eyes - no backlight = no eye strain like you get on computers
- Accepts headphones for Read To Me, MP3, or Audiobooks features or you can play aloud
- Plays MP3s, Audiobooks
- Multiple document support
- Web browser
- Built in Dictionary
- Highly user friendly and intuitive - simple to use
- Free samples to "test drive" a book first
- No unintentional page turns - and the pages turn quickly
- Excellent ergonomics
- It saves your place no matter what book you're reading so when you open it back up you're right where you left off
- Exposure to varied reading content

Controversial Cons:
(Most people I have spoken with do not seem bothered by these - I guess it depends on the user)
- No SD card slot = no expandable memory
- Not able to replace the battery yourself
- No protective cover included
- No back-light (Note: A backlight would cause eyestrain anyway. As it is now, the k2 is just like a book - you need a book-light if you want to read at night.)
- Some people have complained the document support is not extensive enough

Bottomline:

For the average user, this thing WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!!! A beautiful combination of both form and function. Thank you, Amazon!

Super Mini 2 Channel Radio Control Helicopter (color may vary with red, yellow, blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Go For It!, August 5, 2007
This little thing rocks! It's durable for it's size - I have crashed it a lot and it always seems to survive. (note: indoors) The trim adjustment actually works so it doesn't just twirl in circles like some remote helicopters do... I was maneuvering it around the house in no time with some practice! Loads of fun for a great price! Very entertaining! The family pets love it, too!

The Real Thirteenth Step: Discovering Confidence, Self-Reliance, and Antonomy Beyond the 12-Step Programs
by Tina B. Tessina
32 used & new from $0.61

5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Link, July 20, 2006
This book is the "Missing Link."

Dr. Tessina is absolutely correct in observing that yes - the 12 steps are an incredibly valuable program - in fact, perhaps even the only way to stop drinking.

However, one does eventually "grow out" of them in some sense. That is, drinking has stopped for a long period of time, all of the steps have been successfully worked, and the concepts are grasped and implemented into daily living. Then what? To use an analogy, AA becomes somewhat of a broken record player. Some people are ready for the next step, but aren't sure what that is.

What Dr. Tessina shares with us is how to address the mental thought patterns and dependence issues which may have triggered escape through addiction in the first place. If this is not addressed, we have nothing more than a dry drunk on our hands - someone who is not actively drinking, but who still displays qualities identified in addicts.

This book helps one to put the focus squarely on themselves, and introduces us to the concept that no one is coming to "make it better." It is our responsibility to meet our own needs. That epiphany alone is what frees us.