Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for WiiAllTheWayHome > Reviews

Browse

WiiAllTheWayHome's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WiiAllTheWayHome RSS Feed

Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices, Black
Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices, Black
Price: $24.99
69 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars but the bass can be really nice. Stand on the back is useful for controlling ..., December 9, 2015
Quieter than I expected, but the bass can be really nice. Stand on the back is useful for controlling cables.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
Offered by FRONTIER HOBBY SHOP
Price: $25.30
78 used & new from $18.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Seller was very reachable and helpful. In terms of ..., December 9, 2015
Seller was very reachable and helpful.

In terms of the product itself, it's a collection of all the MGS games and MG games (8 total) if bought new (with un-used codes). Artbook was smaller than I expected but it contains plenty of neat images for MGS fans.

From the New World: Collection 1 [Blu-ray]
From the New World: Collection 1 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Masashi Ishihama
Price: $40.29
16 used & new from $33.28

5.0 out of 5 stars More to it than the box art, April 6, 2014
DISCLAIMER: This is a review of the actual anime, not the physical product that you will be obtaining. I HAVE NOT purchased this blu-ray yet, but I would like to share my opinion of what the anime itself is like. I cannot comment on the number of episodes in this collection, nor the dubbing (as I enjoy my animes subbed). That is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several people have written this anime off because of the characters' age, because of the "romance" labelling, and the general high-school slice of life vibe it supposedly emits. They couldn't be more wrong.

Does it have 12 year olds? Yes. Does it have romance? Yes, even some homosexuality. Does it employ the high school trope? Yes, it does. But, if that's the only thing you like, then contend yourself with looking at the box-art, and don't bother watching the anime.

And if those things are what turn you off about an anime, then hide the box cover and enjoy the anime. It deals with mature topics such as what it means to be human, what values communities and general society holds as most important, and the general relationship between the individual and authority.There will be blood, there will be betrayal, there will be strong stances taken on the relationship between those in power and those who are subjected, and there will be tears. Many, many, tears.

I watched this anime as it was coming out. I believe you can view it legally on Crunchyroll. A few comments I would like to make:

Content things:
- The characters are all familiar. But the relationships between them and between the group and other collectives/factions and characters really fleshes them out and makes them enjoyable.
- Plot is amazing. It's got horror, mystery, action... Definitely not as cutesy as a lot of people make it out to be.
- There are a few time skips. I don't personally mind them, but others absolutely hate them.

Technical things:
- The animation quality seems to ebb between absolutely gorgeous to the absolute bare-minimum during quick or more action-oriented sequences. That being said, backgrounds are consistently beautiful, and some of the more "trippy" episodes have a remarkable and bold style that I absolutely loved.
- The music is absolutely great. The ending theme, "Wareta Ringo", accompanied by the ending cinematic, is absolutely wonderful, and probably my favorite ending theme. Then again, I don't bother to listen to most ending themes. But I watched them here. Every single time.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $9.82
216 used & new from $0.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, July 2, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is my first game in the Tom Clancy series, let alone Splinter Cell. That being said, I have played games that were either stealth, or had an element of stealth (Deus Ex HR, Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed).

This game is fun. The story is interesting, and the gameplay is great. The cover system is very smooth, the mark and execute system is awesome, and the coop and deniable ops (singleplayer missions) are a welcome and almost necessary addition for a short campaign mode (5-6 hours).

This review is being written well after the game's release, so if you want a more indepth review, so I'm just going to give a list of some of the negatives that I've found:

- Music is great. But the music transitions are very obvious, somewhat wrecking the mood that it is trying to craft.
- Why doesn't the "mark and execute" stack up? A key element in this game is "mark and execute", which means that if you do a take down, you are allowed to mark X amount of targets, press a button, and watch people get taken down (if there's a clear line of course). Problem is, if I taken down 3 guys, I don't get 3 mark and executes. I only get that first one.

For the current price, I highly recommend this. Replay value can last about 25 hours (with the campaign, coop, and deniable ops). That's a little less that $1 per hour, a great purchase.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - Augmented Edition -Xbox 360
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Augmented Edition -Xbox 360
Offered by BuddhaFlipsJungle
Price: $79.95
24 used & new from $1.64

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE GAME!, April 9, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I had purchased the augmented edition afew month ago, for the price of about $30. Comparing that to the $25 dollar standard, I thought that was an extra five dollars well spent. Now that it's 60 dollars, I don't think you should spend the extra cash for it.

That aside, this game is so much fun! I highly recommend you playing it!

STORY/CUT SCENES: 9/10
The story itself is really good, one of the best in video games in my opinion, but sometimes, the facial movements were abit stiffer than what I was expecting, but it was still good. Not LA Noire good, but still, good. I also LOVED the fact that there were actually multiple possible cut-scenes at each point, and that it wasn't only the ending that could be different.

MUSIC: 11/10
The music just left me speechless. It was incredible in-game, and because I had the augmented edition, I got the 10-11 songs on my computer on the additional disc, allowing me to just sit down and enjoy the music without having to worry about wrecking my gameplay.

ANIMATION/GRAPHICS: 8/10
It's graphics were a bit dissapointing, maybe because they had focused on black and golden paint palate as a statement (which I liked) or something else, colors could have popped out abit more. Again, stiff face movement.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
I really liked the gameplay and the environment that I was given. I could explore the cities, and get a feel for the city mood, which I is a foreign idea to me coming from video games. A word of caution: It's incredibly hard to maintain a "balanced" augmentation set beyond the half-way point of the game. You need to dedicate yourself to either hacking, sneaking/stealth, or combat. Or you can just find the air vent which no one pays attention to and sneak in through that..

Great game, great story, and alot of room for the player to change and customize.

ADDITIONAL STUFF IN AUGMENTED EDITION:
- Art book: shows colored sketches and drawings of scenes, weapons, character. Interesting to flip through but not much else.
- Additional weapons: I got a double barrel and a silenced sniper rifle. :)
- The Game: Obvious
- Extra CD: has the making of, the soundtrack (in MP3 format), and a comic which I have not explored yet.
- Also features a very nice cover (in which you see Jensen without his coat, and his shades on like a BA). It feels very nice and smooth to the touch. Careful of oily fingers though.

Now, the stuff I just listed is really nice, but I don't encourage spending the extra money on it! Cheers.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Offered by Hubbagames
Price: $13.10
316 used & new from $0.69

3.0 out of 5 stars EDIT: 7/10, December 31, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First off, the it transaction itself. Amazon and UPS said the game would arrive on Dec. 27; it arrived 2 days later. Not really a big issue, since I had borrowed LA Noire and Portal 2, along with ordering Deux Ex and AC Brotherhood. If anything, I was glad for 2 more days, because I knew I wouldn't put this game down once I picked it up.

Now for the game itself:

VISUALS and SOUND:

- Color palate has greatly improved. If you've played previous AC games, you know that the weak colors of AC was one of its biggest issues (for the time). AC2 fixed this (somewhat) by having the setting have more red and yellow. ACB took the red and yellow even further, making the scenery more of an oil painting than a watercolor. But you've probably found out what's missing. The blue. That's why I say that ACR is a great step forward visually for the Assassin's Creed series.

- Most of you have probably mastered the counter-kill move (to some extent :P), and found the animations very satisfying in AC2 and ACB. Some have been added to accomadate the hook blade, making it even more fun to just sit there and "massacre" everyone.

- There are just more details. Everywhere. Similar to the jump from AC2 to ACB, ACR just looks even more stunning than its predecessor.

- The soundtrack in the AC series has always been good, and this game doesn't fail to impress.

GAMEPLAY:

- A very common occurence for me in previous games is jumping from roof to roof and missing the roof i was aiming for by mere inches and thus falling 2 or more stories to the ground, and losing half my hp. Thanks to the hook blade however, all I have to do now is press and hold a button to have Ezio reach out and grab the closest ledge, sometimes at impossible angles. It also makes the jumping skills that

- Ziplines are neat, but be careful; alot of guards on roof tops will see you!

- Guards are much much smarter than before; they react faster when they hear or see you running on roof tops, their suspicion grows way faster than in ACB and they provide a much greater challenge than before.

- Ezio doesn't seem to be any slower even though he looks well into his 50s or 60s... Guess it shows you how fit you can be if you start doing parkour at 17 and do it non stop..

STORY:

Without giving away anything, I'll just say that it moves very very fast. I had just finished playing ACB (7th playthrough now) and started ACR. I probably have less than a dozen hours played, but it feels incredibly fast.

EDIT(1/10/12)
I've finished the game about a week ago (single player) and I found it INCREDIBLY short. When I first started playing I felt the plot was moving too fast but I always thought it would be compensated for later on. It wasn't. This is supposedly the last game in the Ezio "arc" of Assassin's Creed. Doesn't really feel like Ezio story is fully wrapped up though. Exploration into the background of the different factions (something I enjoyed in AC2 and ACB and that I strongly believed added to the story - and the gameplay!) was missing.

final thoughts: I strongly believe that because Ubisoft is trying to finish the Assassin's Creed series by Dec. 21 2012, they couldn't have taken the time to fully develop this game. I'm afarid that the next game might also feel "rushed". Maybe their schedule was the reason for the lack of gameplay in this game. Maybe it's the fact that they've worked harder on their Multiplayer (a worthy project but it will never keep up with FPS like Cod and BF).

Honestly, buy Skyrim instead. It's singleplayer length is OUTRAGEOUS. I bought ACR because I wanted a story that will leave me shaken because of it's complexity (AC1,2 and Brotherhood did it for me!) and found something short of it. I can't really say this game is "bad" or average, it's just that it isn't really Assassin's Creed material, if that makes any sense.

Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle)
Inheritance (Inheritance Cycle)
by Christopher Paolini
Price: $15.55
263 used & new from $1.09

3.0 out of 5 stars It's like having dinner without dessert?, November 19, 2011
Horrible way of explaining it in the title, but it's true. Just as a dessert doesn't only tie up the dinner, but the whole day, the ending in this book should have wrapped up the MAJORITY of the plot lines that have been established since "breakfast" (I couldn't help myself).

Don't get me wrong. This is a great book. If it weren't for the fact that it is the LAST BOOK in this series, I wouldn't be so upset about. To put it bluntly, the last 100 pages were so boring, you would swear there was still a good 400 pages left, and that's a misconception I had while on my phone. Read it, but be prepared to be left "hanging".

Afew of the bigger issues I have (SPOILER ALERT):

!

- The Belt. Eragon loses it, which is understandable, but the author decides to mention how Eragon keeps trying to find it a handful of times. He lost it, can we please move on? PS. I find it very hard to believe that he couldn't find it after trying so many times, but it's not my story..

- The Monks. Let me get this right: Eragon sees some monks in the ancient ruins of the dragon rider's city, and he does nothing? Any mention of it is gone within a page? I understand authors can be rushed, but come on!

- Arya and Eragon. Everyone knew it wouldn't work out since book 1. It doesn't have to be so agonizingly choppy though.

- Eragon's "Loss of Purpose". After the climax, Eragon fails to see his purpose. Nevermind that he's the LAST FREAKING DRAGON RIDER ( that wouldn't be distrusted on the spot) AND that there are A BUNCH OF DRAGONS YET TO BE BORN, and he feels like he has NO PURPOSE?

I'm not going to bother going into a discussion about his reason(s) for leaving behind everything he's worked for; it makes logical sense on some level, and I sympathize for Eragon's tough choice. I have no sympathy, however, for how Chris handled the ending of this story. A tale this epic and complex deserves a better conclusion. Read it, but be prepared to be left "hanging"

Vanquish - Xbox 360
Vanquish - Xbox 360
Offered by Mat-Su Media
Price: $58.51
19 used & new from $9.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Your standard Third Person Shooter with afew Fun Twists, November 2, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Vanquish - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Fun game, well worth paying $15 for.

Cons:
- Repetitive: something I can argue MOST shooter games have to deal with. This game allows you SOME freedom in terms of mission completion (nothing as free as Deus Ex: Revolution, but still SOME)
- Short: I doubt this game will take you more than 10-15 hours to beat the singleplayer, even if you spent a good amount of time wandering around and what not.
- Cut scenes: HORRIBLE. The emotion shown on the character's faces is often not as strongly portrayed in their voices. This seems to be an issue with the English voice only, as this game has a ridiculous number of languages (They sound so BADASS if you play through in French!! Haha)

Pros:
- Fun twists: Your guy is incredibly acrobatic. Mix this with the ability to speed up your perception of time (aka, making time seem like it's slowing down when it's really you just processing a shitload more) and you can do some impress jumps from behind covers, dodge bullets like nobodies business, and slide around like the badass this game allows us to be. Wait slide around? How does that work? I forgot to mention you have boosters on that armor. NOTE: your armor has a limiter on it (kinda like with sports cars; they can't go above a speed limit even though they can) and there are certain cutscenes/battle sequences where the limiter is taken off, and your power is... OVER 9000!!! haha but seriously, I wish they allowed us to control when we could have that limiter off, even if only for 10 seconds.
- Variety of Weapons: Assualt Rifle, Light Machine Gun, Shotgun, Mini-homing missile launcher, rocket launcher, and afew other futuristic weapons I haven't tried yet. There is a leveling up system for the guns as well. After a certain number of kills with ANY gun, a green box appears on the last kill. You pull out the gun you want to level up, and press and hold the reload button to apply the upgrade to that gun. You can check the weapon stats and levels in the armory when you pause your game.
- Attention to Detail: I have one of those old tube tvs which has a somewhat sucky (in all honesty, it flatout sucks) quality. That being said, I still spent a good 30 seconds just admiring the suit. It is arguably one of the most complex things in any game. It has an incredible number of moving, glowing parts. I played this game at a friend's house (60 inch plasma), and our jaws literally dropped to the ground on the first mission when we saw the suit.

- This game has an interesting online experience. Although there is no multiplayer like in CoD and BF,there is a ranking system for each mission. At the end of each mission, you are given a number of points based on your use of cover, boosting, slow-mo, and your accuracy. Spraying gets points taken off, Dying gets points taken off. It's interesting experience.

As I said in the beginning, this game is well worth the 15-20 dollars. That's like, 2 dollars per hour of gameplay (if you play through it once that is). Now go get it, and VANQUISH those robots!

Assassin's Creed II: Platinum Hits Edition
Assassin's Creed II: Platinum Hits Edition
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $18.23
249 used & new from $1.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a solid B+, November 2, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is great. Realize that it came out a while ago, and that if you would be better off with AC Brotherhood than this one, because Brotherhood, if I had to summarize really quick, is this game with better graphics and a more complex player experience.

Pros:
- Great graphics for its time (not so much nowadays)
- A definte step up from AC1 in terms of complexity (of missions, environment, activites, etc)
- Very good deal at $20

Cons:
- If you've played ACB, this is basically a watered-down version.

I think buying ANY game that costs more than $40 is pointless. This is a game I would be willing to pay $40 for, not a mere $20! Buy it, I'm sure you won't regret it. :)

Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit
Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $15.96
22 used & new from $0.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, April 18, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It does exactly what it says it would;

-Provide a fast, simple solution to recharging.
-Gives you a rechargeable battery pack, so you won't have to keep putting in batteries and waste money

Seriously, at 20 bucks, this is a great product!

One drawback however is because my space is kind of limited, the cord (btw, the cord is as thick as the xbox360 S cord) makes the stand a bit awkward to move around, but it's well worth it!