Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for dc777 > Reviews

Browse

dc777's Profile

Customer Reviews: 98

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dc777 RSS Feed (Austin, Texas United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Pro-Ject Clamp It Record Clamp (Silver)
Pro-Ject Clamp It Record Clamp (Silver)
Offered by HiDEF Lifestyle
Price: $99.00
2 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Clamp!, July 7, 2016
I'm very impress by this clamp. Vinyl sounds clearer, fuller, and richer. A must have for any vinyl enthusiast!

Kitchen + Home Stove Top Smokeless Grill Indoor BBQ, Stainless Steel with Double Coated Non Stick Surface
Offered by Kitchen Plus Home

Round Pressfit Speaker Wire Terminal Cup Spring Type
Offered by iPodCarParts
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the trick, July 7, 2016
Repaired a set of Pioneer speakers I purchased on Craigslist for $35. The neighbors now have a new reason to hate me!

Frigidaire 241527802 Start Device Refrigerator
Frigidaire 241527802 Start Device Refrigerator
Price: $22.77
9 used & new from $10.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Resurrected my fridge!, July 7, 2016
Repaired my 12 year old refrigerator after it went out after a lightning storm. Quick and easy fix :)

Nettech RMT-B107A Replacement Remote Control
Nettech RMT-B107A Replacement Remote Control
Offered by Hugesale Market
Price: $10.18
3 used & new from $10.18

4.0 out of 5 stars A great solution to a $10 Goodwill find, July 7, 2016
The question isn't is the remote genuine, but rather, does it work? The answer is a resounding YES! A great solution to a $10 Goodwill find.

Legend in the Making, A (RSD exclusive/Colored Vinyl)
Legend in the Making, A (RSD exclusive/Colored Vinyl)
3 used & new from $35.98

5.0 out of 5 stars For colored vinyl this record sounds great and the performance is terrific and would highly recommend, January 3, 2016
My wife bought this for me for Christmas at Waterloo in Austin - Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon autographed it. I was totally surprised. But enough of that.

For colored vinyl this record sounds great and the performance is terrific and would highly recommend!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pyle PFA300 90-Watt Class T Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier with Adapter
Pyle PFA300 90-Watt Class T Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier with Adapter
Price: $35.00
28 used & new from $29.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasently Surprised!, March 23, 2015
I was looking for an inexpensive amp or tuner to run my turntable and Fisher DS-128 (30 watt, 8ohm) speakers ($12 thrift store find) but I didn't want to spend $100+ on a tuner/amplifier. I was skeptical about purchasing this amp...or any amp under $100, however I thought I would give this product a chance. I browsed through several units on Amazon but was unsure which to purchase to run my Fisher DS-128 because I didn't want to blow the speakers...or the amp. So I settled on this unit as I figured that the amp would probably need about 50% more power than the speakers. Again, my speakers are 30 watts and this unit runs 45 watts per channel and the ohmage seemed to fit the bill.

In my opinion this amp fits the bill. In my configuration the Treble runs about 12 o'clock and the Bass between 2 and 4 o'clock. Depending on the component and media type I can crank the volume safely between 12 - 1 o'clock (TV and DVD/CD/MP3) and 3 o'clock (LP), which is pretty loud and can run at that volume for hours without the unit becoming hot. But when you're listening to Zeppelin or Sabbath it is necessary to run your system at that volume. My office is 10x10 and my normal listening volume is about 9 - 10 o'clock.

I've had no issues with the unit running hot or any other issues that other people have report either with this unit or other units.

The only improvements I would ask for is:
* A remote
* An equalizer

My Components:
* Techniques SL BD22 turntable w/PYLE Pro PP999 Phono Turntable Preamp
* Sony DVD player from 2002
* Insignia NS-19E720A12 flat screen
* GE Video Switch
* Fisher DS-128 (30 watt, 8ohm speakers)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Texas Hurricane
Texas Hurricane
Price: $297.34
11 used & new from $274.96

4.0 out of 5 stars ... the 45RPM version of this set and it sound great and would highly recommend, August 16, 2014
This review is from: Texas Hurricane (Vinyl)
I have the 45RPM version of this set and it sound great and would highly recommend. These are full albums, no out takes as noted by another reviewer.

The sound is clear and, for instance, the Texas Flood record sound like the band is in your living room. At the level I listen to music at small nuances like SRV breathing occasionally, Chris Layton's drum stick hitting the rim can be heard.

Please note that the vinyl collection is the original LP release from the 80's, there are no extras included in this box set, other than the brilliant clarity of the music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2015 9:20 PM PDT

Monoprice 100ft 14AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable (For In-Wall Installation)
Price: $33.00
12 used & new from $29.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, January 26, 2014
Great for wiring in the attic - highly recommended. Nice heavy gauge for wiring medium distances, say 50 feet or so.

Yamaha NS-AW350B All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers - Black (Pair)
Yamaha NS-AW350B All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers - Black (Pair)
Price: $98.00
37 used & new from $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, January 26, 2014
I wanted to add music outside so that I wouldn't have to crank the stereo up inside and keep the patio door open when my wife and I wanted to sit out side in the evening. I looked at some wireless options but the reviews were marginal at best and many times the signal from these wireless options conflicted with wireless internet. So I resolved my self to installing regular speakers outside. I entertained the thought of having someone install speakers...OUCH! So I decided to do it my self.

After alot of research and reading opinions about speakers under $150 I decided on getting the Yamaha NS-AW350's, which many opinions said they were as good as Bose speakers. I have a Bose 321 and some other Bose computer speakers so I thought, 'what the heck, if I don't like them I'll return them'.

After receiving them I plugged them into my Pioneer stereo (circa 1985) and they sounded decent so I committed to installing the speakers from the patio, through the attic (which was back breaking), down the wall, and to my stereo. I plugged the wire into the stereo and wow. Before the neighbors didn't like me...now they hate me :) I reckon they would like me if Led Zeppelin played cumbia's...ODELAY!! ;)

BTW, if you plan to run speaker wire through your attic be sure to get a spool of Monoprice 100ft 14AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable. which is double insulated and meets fire safety regulations.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10