Profile for dc777 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dc777 RSS Feed (Austin, Texas United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Texas Hurricane
Texas Hurricane
4 used & new from $285.00

4.0 out of 5 stars ... the 45RPM version of this set and it sound great and would highly recommend, August 16, 2014
This review is from: Texas Hurricane (Vinyl)
I have the 45RPM version of this set and it sound great and would highly recommend. These are full albums, no out takes as noted by another reviewer.

The sound is clear and, for instance, the Texas Flood record sound like the band is in your living room. At the level I listen to music at small nuances like SRV breathing occasionally, Chris Layton's drum stick hitting the rim can be heard.

Please note that the vinyl collection is the original LP release from the 80's, there are no extras included in this box set, other than the brilliant clarity of the music.

Monoprice 100ft 14AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable (For In-Wall Installation)
Price: $32.89
13 used & new from $24.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, January 26, 2014
Great for wiring in the attic - highly recommended. Nice heavy gauge for wiring medium distances, say 50 feet or so.

Yamaha Corporation of America NSAW350B Pair of 2-Way 40-Watts RMS Speakers - Black
Price: $94.99
34 used & new from $65.88

4.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, January 26, 2014
I wanted to add music outside so that I wouldn't have to crank the stereo up inside and keep the patio door open when my wife and I wanted to sit out side in the evening. I looked at some wireless options but the reviews were marginal at best and many times the signal from these wireless options conflicted with wireless internet. So I resolved my self to installing regular speakers outside. I entertained the thought of having someone install speakers...OUCH! So I decided to do it my self.

After alot of research and reading opinions about speakers under $150 I decided on getting the Yamaha NS-AW350's, which many opinions said they were as good as Bose speakers. I have a Bose 321 and some other Bose computer speakers so I thought, 'what the heck, if I don't like them I'll return them'.

After receiving them I plugged them into my Pioneer stereo (circa 1985) and they sounded decent so I committed to installing the speakers from the patio, through the attic (which was back breaking), down the wall, and to my stereo. I plugged the wire into the stereo and wow. Before the neighbors didn't like me...now they hate me :) I reckon they would like me if Led Zeppelin played cumbia's...ODELAY!! ;)

BTW, if you plan to run speaker wire through your attic be sure to get a spool of Monoprice 100ft 14AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable. which is double insulated and meets fire safety regulations.

Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable in Silver
Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable in Silver
Price: Click here to see our price
81 used & new from $179.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A super buy!, January 5, 2014
I recently purchased this and it's simply amazing and would buy another one for my office. I was a little confused by the tone-arm setup so I found a video on Google that Audio-Technica created - this was a big help and I got my turntable up and running quickly. I've since purchased a AGPtek Professional Digital Pocket Turntable Stylus Force Scale Gauge to fine-tune the tone arm.

I don't like the fact that the turntable platter has a felt mat rather than a rubber mat. I hijacked the rubber mat from my defunked Techniques SL BD 22 and that works like a champ.

Signstek Blue LCD Backlight Digital Long-Playing LP Turntable Stylus Force Scale Gauge Tester
Offered by Global Cyber Mart
Price: $39.00
2 used & new from $18.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 5, 2014
This took the guess work out of setting up my Audio-Technica AT-LP120, I love it and wish I'd purchased it sooner!

2 Inches Large Plain Sterling Silver Cross Pendant
2 Inches Large Plain Sterling Silver Cross Pendant
Offered by Shop 4 Silver
Price: $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda like the Ozzy cross, only silver, July 26, 2013
This is a very nice piece that I love to wear with a black shirt, jeans, and a black suit jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive chain, December 10, 2012
This is the second chain that I purchased, no problems what so ever. No binding or tangling issues at all. Great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece!, December 10, 2012
This is a great looking piece and goes well whether I'm casual or wearing a suit. The piece is thin and light weight but I do find some of the edges just a bit sharp. But overall, great buy. Love it!

Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD + 2 DVD (CD sized digipak)
Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD + 2 DVD (CD sized digipak)
Price: $29.88
64 used & new from $16.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one thing missing, December 2, 2012
Super performance, overall great sound and video presentation but I was hoping for a Jason Bonham camara as one of the extras. Oh well, can't have everything. If you don't own this, buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome piece!, December 1, 2012
I recently purchases this pendant and it's awesome - I was looking for a unique cross pendant and this certainly fit the bill.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10