Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for Impulse buyer > Reviews

Browse

Impulse buyer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Impulse buyer RSS Feed (Arlington, VA)

Page: 1 | 2
OXO Pet Pop Container, Big Square, 4-Liter
OXO Pet Pop Container, Big Square, 4-Liter
Price: $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a very tight seal, and the plastic isn't very strong, July 2, 2014
Not a very tight seal, and the plastic is not very durable. Owned it for about 2 hours. I picked it up by the lid (probably not the greatest idea) with cornflakes in it (not heavy) and the bottom fell out and shattered on the hardwood floor.

I don't expect this to be indestructible, but it should be able to withstand a short fall to the ground with cereal in it.

Catit Design Senses Play Circuit, Original
Catit Design Senses Play Circuit, Original
Price: $9.59
28 used & new from $8.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth it, she loves it, July 2, 2014
It's hard to find a toy that my kitten likes, but she loves this toy. It's very well priced. This toy keeps her very engaged and I notice that she'll even play with it on her own.

One cool thing is that it is expandable, so you can buy more kits and connect them together to make a larger track or circuit. I do recommend ponying up for the "motion activated illuminating ball" (which this does not come with). It's hard for her to track the ball when the room is not well lit.

LCR® Left Center RightTM Dice Game - Blue Tin
LCR® Left Center RightTM Dice Game - Blue Tin
Offered by YUKLON
Price: $8.24
28 used & new from $5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Drinking Game, May 15, 2014
This is a fun drinking game. It's easy to learn, and is small and portable to take with you pretty much anywhere.

Standard playing rules, plus:
- The die roller drinks for every dot rolled
- The die roller must take an additional drink if they are responsible for reviving a "dead" player during the roll
- At the end, the winner pays 2 chips from the middle pot to assign drinks to the losers of his/her choice (each).

Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
Price: $21.83
53 used & new from $11.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure phone, October 15, 2013
I have a Z4 M Coupe, and there aren't very many places to hold my phone. I'm also disappointed with the factory navigation system. I use my phone for music and navigation, and this phone mount works perfectly to hold my phone securely and steady.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beep beep, October 15, 2013
Bought these to replace the weak horns on my BMW Z4 M coupe. Nice and loud. I didn't need to use the included relay. I installed them by clipping the factory horn wires, and connecting them to these horns. Very happy with them.

Asus 8X External Slim DVD+/-RW Drive SDRW-08D2S-U - Retail (Black)
Asus 8X External Slim DVD+/-RW Drive SDRW-08D2S-U - Retail (Black)
Offered by Platinum Micro, Inc.
Price: $33.92
9 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & Simple, July 11, 2011
The description doesn't say anything about Mac or Ubuntu compatibility, so I just wanted to put this out there.

I used this on my 1st Gen MacBook Air running OSX Snow Leopard, IBM x-31 laptop running Ubuntu 10, Desktop PC running Windows 7, and my Acer Revo Aspire Nettop PC running Windows 7. With all computers, the Asus drive fired up immediately (plug-and-play) with no drivers to load, or any hassle. Works great on all the platforms/machines I tested with just the single USB plug. Reads and plays DVD's just fine (I used VLC Media Player on the Mac and Ubuntu), though I have not tried burning disks yet.

As far as the unit itself, it's a nice lightweight, slim, external drive. It's got a glossy black plastic top with a diamond pattern texture. I haven't felt the need to use the upright bracket. It's nice and stable laying flat. Runs quiet. I have no complaints.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2011 7:36 AM PDT

AKG K81DJ Closed-Back Folding DJ Headphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
AKG K81DJ Closed-Back Folding DJ Headphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by ACMElectronics
Price: $69.00
25 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, March 29, 2009
I just got a set of these for my birthday (off of my wishlist). I have to start out by saying that these headphones are simply amazing. I would have given these a 4.5, since I think they have a little room for improvement, but for their price, I simply couldn't have rated them anything less than 5.

I needed a set of headphones for commuting on the Metro back and forth, and to drown out the ambient noise and chatter at the office. These headphones fit the bill perfectly. They are nice and light, and more importantly, aren't too bulky (so they don't look ridiculous when you wear them). They create a perfect seal on the ear to drown out exterior noise, and yet are comfortable enough to wear for hours.

I've had them hooked up to various brands of portable mp3 devices, cell phones, laptop and home theater system. The bass response is tight and clean, and it can reach the crisp highs. I was very impressed with the sound quality coming from these headphones, and for their price, I was just blown away. When performing a side-by-side comparison with the Bose noise canceling headphones at the office, it was a general consensus that these blew the Bose away. I also performed a side-by-side comparison with my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 (with Comply Foam tips), and while these don't block out noise as well, they definitely sound better.

Now for the flaws. They are a little small. I don't think I have a very large head, but the headphones are a little tight on the ears. I've been trying to stretch them out, and I'll try stretching them overnight with some books, but after a little under a month of ownership, they are getting much more comfortable. My other issue is with the cable. I wish the cable were interchangeable, or at least removable. They tangle up easily, and get twisted. Since the ear pieces independently swivel 270 degrees, they tend to twist up frequently when putting the headphones away. Also, the cable is very long, so it can be a little cumbersome when hooking it up to a portable music player.

I found these problems to be very minor, and really had minimal effect on the enjoyment of the sound that the headphones produced. If these headphones were [...] bucks, I would have dropped it down to 4 stars, but since they were just around [...] bucks, I couldn't bring myself to drop the rating below 5.

Sennheiser  PC 151 Binaural Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone & Volume Control
Sennheiser PC 151 Binaural Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone & Volume Control
Price: Click here to see our price
66 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, but uncomfortable, August 11, 2008
The sound that comes out of these headphones are great. Nice and crisp highs, and a decent enough amount of bass. The cord is nice and long, which is very convenient if your computer case sits on the floor, and doesn't have front mic and headphone ports.

My main gripe about these headphones is that they will hurt your ears after a while. The cups are small, so they will smush your outer earlobe. If you only plan to wear these for about a 1/2 hour at a time, it shouldn't be bad. but if you like to game for extended periods of time, or even just sit at the computer with headphones to listen to music or watch a movie, it gets a little irritating.

They are priced very well, and the microphone quality is great. i like the in-line mic mute and volume control on the cable.

Gerber 01471 Suspension Butterfly Opening Multi-Plier with Sheath
Gerber 01471 Suspension Butterfly Opening Multi-Plier with Sheath
Price: $23.56
358 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars convenient, but bulky, August 6, 2008
i like this tool, but it's a little heavy, and bulky. there are a few tools that are excessive for this device, and i'm not sure how handy the tool bits are. the bits are magnetized, but the conversion bit that attaches to the tool itself does not stay on very well. i like that all of the fold out tools are locking, but the locking mechanism isn't very smooth.

i would like a little more slimmed down version of this, with a larger knife, and without the tools. i can't really complain that it has a lot of tools though, convenience is the main idea with tools like this. the price is excellent, so i can't bring myself to drop this below 4 stars.

Gerber 22-41578 Gorge Folding Shovel
Gerber 22-41578 Gorge Folding Shovel
Price: $13.00
188 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars small but effective, August 6, 2008
took this little guy out camping last weekend, and it worked great. it was much smaller than i thought it would be, the spade is about the size of my hand. it was perfect for hammering the tent stakes into the ground, and moving coals around in the firepit. you really can't beat the price for such a small, durable, and compact shovel.

Page: 1 | 2