Profile for J. Falcone > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Falcone RSS Feed (chicago, il)

Philips Norelco BG2040/34 BodyGroom 7100
Philips Norelco BG2040/34 BodyGroom 7100
Price: $69.99
9 used & new from $64.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Great performance marred by weak battery., November 25, 2012
I really like the way this trimmer performs on my thick and often groomed beard. The low rating is due to a battery that will only hold about 3 minutes worth of charge after only a year of use. Buy something else.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars They're fine., September 12, 2012
The headphones, for the price, are quite sufficient but not great. The sound quality might be good, but the isolation component is so poor that any measure of background noise diffuses the audio noticeably - especially the bass and especially when outside.

Not as good as my defunct (and discontinued) Sony earbuds.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoe with one fatal flaw, August 13, 2011
I've been barefoot running since 2005 and have tried a wide variety of shoes to fit the technique. The Minimus is a shoe with a fantastic fit (accurate to the size), good support, plenty of width and is light in weight. Its fatal flaw is rock protection.

The design of the sole has recesses that are magnets for rocks and, with less rubber in those areas, even a moderately sized piece of gravel can punch through and bruise your foot.

This may not matter to you depending on your route but if it has gravel, rocks or anything choppier than grass/dirt/hardpack, then you may want to seriously consider a shoe with more consistent protection.

You can see the recesses I'm referring to in the photos. Looks for the gaps between the disc-like pads. Rocks slot right into those gaps and have unfettered access to the bottom of your foot.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2012 3:39 PM PDT

Domke Medium Quick-Shot Sling (Brown RuggedWear)
Domke Medium Quick-Shot Sling (Brown RuggedWear)
2 used & new from $199.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., March 20, 2011
I won't bore you with self-indulgent anecdotes about who I am or how many other bags I own (a lot) or how I use this because, in this case, it doesn't matter at all.

This bag has two major issues that are universal:

1) The interior dividers are only secured on one side via a thin velcro strip. This results in the weight of your gear deforming the dividers almost immediately, and everything ends up smashed together at the bottom of the bag.

2) The shape of the strap and bag mean that it only sits comfortably and squarely when the bag is in a very particular position on your hip. If you need to turn it to your front, or wear it on the other side of your body, you're screwed. The strap is integrated, too, so cannot be replaced.

This bag is one of the worst designs I've had the displeasure of owning.

adidas Men's adiStar Cushion Running Shoe
adidas Men's adiStar Cushion Running Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch for ball strikers who supenate, November 19, 2007
I've struggled to find a shoe that was as good to me as my adistars. I put just under 500 miles on my first pair training for, and participating in, my first half marathon.

I ball strike - land on the ball of my foot, roll onto the heel, and then take off again. I needed shoes with adequate amounts of forefoot cushioning.

I also needed a wide box, great arch support and good accommodations for my supenation, and the shoe delivers on all fronts.

My biggest mistake was picking up a pair of Asics GT-2120s instead of just ordering another pair of adistars.

Never making that mistake again!