Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Kevin Talbot > Reviews

Browse

Kevin Talbot's Profile

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Talbot RSS Feed (CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
ACDelco 38028 Professional Idler Pulley
ACDelco 38028 Professional Idler Pulley
Price: $20.71
13 used & new from $14.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong part - what is shipped is the tensioner pulley., August 20, 2015
The pic is for the idler pulley. What is actually shipped is the belt tensioner pulley and even the part box from AC Delco is marked as an idler pulley. The part in the box is not grooved, but flat. I also ordered the tensioner pulley from Dayco at the same time and the 2 parts were identical.

Four Seasons 45011 Idler Pulley
Four Seasons 45011 Idler Pulley
Offered by OneSourceAutoParts
Price: $28.36
4 used & new from $23.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong part. This is a tensioner not an idler - at least for Acura, August 20, 2015
This is not the idler pulley, this is the belt tensioner pulley. The idler pulley has grooves and rolls on the inside of the belt.

Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless Moustache & Beard Trimmer Wet/Dry with 19 Adjustable Settings
Price: $36.89
102 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised - battery not an issue for me., August 13, 2015
I have trimmed my goatee a dozen times with this and it's not required a charge yet. There is one thing I don't like about it. The angle of the cutter is such that you have to hold it more parallel to your face to get a short cut. I used to be able to hold my old trimmer away from my face and still cut which allowed for a better view while trimming. I cut with the grain, not against, so holding it with the flat part of the comb against my face is awkward.

Bio-clean Hard Water Stain Remover 20 Oz
Bio-clean Hard Water Stain Remover 20 Oz

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stuff Works!, August 13, 2015
So I purchased this from an auto glass company when I had my windshield replaced. I have reclaim water irrigation that leaves hellishly hard to clean water spots on windows and my paint and I figured I would "ask the pro's" as the saying goes. They recommended and sell this.

I was able to polish out the spots from the paint with regular polishing compound and a rotary polisher, but the rear window had these ghost spots that would not polish out. I even tried using CLR and LimeAway to no avail. Bio-clean got them off completely with only a towel and no power tools. I'm sold. Can't want to try it on other glass.

Viton Fluoroelastomer Sheet, 75A Durometer, Smooth Finish, No Backing, Black, 1/32" Thickness, 12" Width, 12" Length
Price: $19.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as grippy as Neoprene or Butadiene but resistant to damage, August 7, 2015
This rubber is fairly slick and has almost a mirror surface to it. If you want a grippy rubber, this might not be ideal. I made mine more grippy by roughing up the surface with sandpaper. It stretches but not like rubber, more like latex. I bought it for rubberizing the surface of a cargo box spacer that will be in the sun/wind/rain/?? all the time and I needed the durability. Works very well so far.

DPC Outdoor Design Men's MC152 Hat,Brown,L US
DPC Outdoor Design Men's MC152 Hat,Brown,L US
Offered by eBags
Price: $26.34
4 used & new from $26.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice hat for the money - color is not right in current pic., August 7, 2015
Decent hat. Good shade, but mesh is open enough to let a bit of sun in. Color in pic is way off. Hat is brown not green. Vendor needs to take another pic using correct white balance on camera.

Zanies Huggable Hippo Dog Toy, Pink
Zanies Huggable Hippo Dog Toy, Pink
Offered by e5ndime
Price: $8.80
2 used & new from $8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves this toy!, August 7, 2015
My dog absolutely loves this toy. It's his favorite one. This is our 3rd purchase. It holds up very well.

PNY High Performance 128GB High Speed microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 up to 40MB/sec Flash Memory Card - P-SDUX128U1-GE (OLD MODEL)
Offered by DealsPro1
Price: $68.00
33 used & new from $57.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow data rates and jitter on FIIO X5. Avoid for rate critical apps like High Def Audio. - updated, May 26, 2015
Has the capacity but the data throughput is marginal. I have a High def audio player that has large flac files and DSD files. The cards need to be able to maintain data transfer speeds or you have skips and garbled audio. This card is not able to keep up with its advertised rate. My 64GB card which is also PNY is fine, but this one isn't working. On file copies you see the data rates go up and down constantly. I don't know if it's my card or all of them. Given other reviews, it may be a QC issue.

- update - I reformatted the card again and copied my files back in small batches instead of all at once. So far it's not skipping like it was. Updated stars to 3 because it's working, but I shouldn't have to deal with these issues.

-update 2 - well the skipping is back and worse than ever. This card is unplayable in my FIIO X5. It might just be this card, but others have had issues as well. It could just be that mine came from the outside of the wafer and its not solid. I will be calling PNY first for a replacement and if I get no love with them as I have heard, I will just buy another brand.

-update 3 - PNY replaced the card under warranty and their service was fast and effecient. Kudos to them for that. Meanwhile my 64GB card just started skipping audio too. I will update again as I continue to use the 128GB card. It seems like things are fine at first but as you keep reading from the card, it cannot maintain the data rate. Keep in mind this card is rated at 48MB/s read which should be overkill since even 192/24 content is less than 10Mb/s (or about 1.2MB/s). If the card is supposed to be able to do 48, then 1.2 should be no problem.

Amazon Alexa
Amazon Alexa
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing voice recognition like talking to a person., May 18, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Alexa (App)
I am giving the Echo 5 stars. The device is not perfect and there is lots of room for improvement, but what it does do, it does really well. The voice recognition is amazing. You can just talk to it like it's another person in the room and it always correctly understands you. You don't have to talk to it like it's a child or foreigner that needs slower more precise diction (like Siri requires...). You can just talk to it. That's quite an accomplishment. A lot of its "brain" is obviously in the cloud, so you need to think web search when you ask it questions, but it's pretty cool nevertheless. The timer and shopping list features are also nice and I use them all the time especially when BBQ'ing. Hands free timers requested while walking out the door! I haven't started playing with IFTTT yet, but that holds even more potential.

So far, so good, Amazon. One wish. I hate the name Alexa and I don't want to use Amazon either. Can we call it Echo?

Laurey 54366 Celebration 3-Inch Pull, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Laurey 54366 Celebration 3-Inch Pull, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Price: $5.85
11 used & new from $2.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price., May 7, 2015
They look great but I'm taking one star off because when they chip, the metal below is pot metal/zinc and quite noticeable. I recommend putting a clear epoxy coating on these if they are placed in high use areas such as below sink cabinets or flatware drawers. I also recommend getting extras for spares.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7