Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "nobody777" RSS Feed (Kennewick, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this for a friend and she loved it. It's easy to snap on to the ..., September 26, 2014
Got this for a friend and she loved it. It's easy to snap on to the phone and seems quite durable and attractive. Nice that it also had the small stylus with it too.

Newsboys Live: Houston We Are Go (CD+DVD)
Newsboys Live: Houston We Are Go (CD+DVD)
Price: $13.88
35 used & new from $2.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concert DVD, September 26, 2014
Great concert DVD!!! One of our absolute favorites... We miss the "old" Newsboys, but the love the new guys too. This was a great concert and what an awesome DVD show! Nice to have the CD along with it too!

SET IN STONE, Evidence For Earth's Catastrophic Past
SET IN STONE, Evidence For Earth's Catastrophic Past
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good documentary, March 14, 2014
Enjoyed this documentary; however, it's a bit slow-paced. There's some great visuals throughout and good information, but (to be brutally honest), I fell asleep through it both times I watched it. That's significant to me only because I love these kinds of documentaries, and something about this one just didn't do it for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2014 4:39 AM PDT

Benji
Benji
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good memories, cute movie, a family classic!, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Benji (Amazon Instant Video)
Haven't seen this movie since I was a kid. Brought back good memories. Love the 70's music in it (though the theme song does get a little repetative). My wife loves dog and actually had never seen Benji so this was fun to introduce her to it too. She loved it.

The Puzzle of Ancient Man: Advanced Technology in Past Civilizations?
The Puzzle of Ancient Man: Advanced Technology in Past Civilizations?
by Donald E. Chittick
40 used & new from $2.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, January 13, 2014
I am fascinated by this subject and this book is very good; however, it is slightly over-preachy in my opinion. Don't get me wrong; I'm a believer and have no problem with "the God factor" being expressed in a title like this, but the book often reads like a church sermon rather than a scientific examination. Just a small annoyance based on personal preference. Other than that, the book is very good; however, it does seem to be a little dated. My wife and I still enjoyed it.

Logisys KB208BK BLUE / RED color-switching gaming Character-Illuminated keyboard (USB PS2)
Offered by OutletPC
Price: $29.03
8 used & new from $22.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome keyboard!, January 13, 2014
My wife had this keyboard before and loved it.... until we accidentally spilled soda on it and that was the end of that. I had been searching for some time to find it again and finally found it at a great price. This made the perfect Christmas present for my wife who thought she would never see this keyboard again. Thanks for posting this for sale! Happy wife = happy life! The keyboard looks great and functions beautifully!

Stryper - Live In Indonesia At Java Rockin' Land [HD]
Stryper - Live In Indonesia At Java Rockin' Land [HD]
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous releases, September 7, 2013
I've always been a fan of Stryper, so I was really looking forward to this video. I've enjoyed the fact that they've stayed in it and kept producing new albums. Michael's voice continues to be awesome! This video showcases the band's talent, no argument there. Every member of the band exhibits amazing skill! Robert's drumming is awesome! Tim's bass rocks! Oz is always shredding perfection. I truly love these guys.... BUT... (if I may be bluntly honest) the bummer for me about this video was that they didn't appear to be having much fun. It shows on their faces. Even the crowd seems to know it and it was disappointing to watch Michael stopping the band to lecture the crowd on getting involved. I'm glad I only rented this DVD... I will not be adding it to my collection, sadly. All due respect to the guys because I love them and they remain one of my favorite bands (not to mention my brothers in Jesus), but I was just sad to watch this performance because they didn't seem to be having much fun.

I've played in a couple of bands myself and one thing I've learned is that EVEN IF YOU SUCK, the crowd will have a blast and think you're awesome if you're actually smiling and having fun playing. I never would have believed that before seeing it, because I'm so picky about music... But it's really true. People are not just connecting with the music. It's the whole experience and these guys need to totally let their lights shine because it's the best part about the music! Maybe it wasn't a great day for them... Maybe there were other things going on that just caused this impression to come across... and maybe it's just me... But I noticed it nevertheless and so this won't be my favorite Stryper video, unfortunately.

This video was a massive contrast to their earlier production "Greatest Hits Live In Puerto Rico", which was pure awesome and the guys totally appeared to be having lots of fun in that video... and Michael's singing performance in that video was absolutely tops as well!!!! Way awesome!!!!

This one wasn't awful though... There are some fantastic performances! The music is awesome! That's my only complaint; that it doesn't feel as fun as it should have. Call me crazy.

4 Universal Bling Stylus Pens (2 Long and 2 Short) Compatible With All Capacitive Touchscreen Devices (including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Tablets, Samsung Galaxy Tablet and More) plus 1 ECO-FUSED® Microfiber Cleaning Cloth - One Year Guarantee (silver, hotpink)
Offered by ECO-FUSED
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but quality is a little cheap, October 24, 2012
My wife, Tammy, loved the stylus pens. She loved the looks. The seller also did a great job shipping them quickly and at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, they seem to be rather cheaply made. Right out of the box several of the sparkle sequins fell off. The rubber tip on one of the pens also wore out inside of a week! I'm not sure we would buy another set of these, but they were fun. :) No complaints about the seller or Amazon, which both were excellent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2015 6:37 AM PDT

Metamorphosis: The Beauty and Design of Butterflies
Metamorphosis: The Beauty and Design of Butterflies
DVD ~ Alvin Chea
Offered by PA-PRIME
Price: $19.99
15 used & new from $14.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent production!, October 11, 2012
This is a truly excellent production! Absolutely beautifully arranged, magnificent cinematography, and intelligently presented. My wife and I sat there marveling at how amazing the butterfly is. While it's understood that this movie is made by Christian producers, what I most appreciated is that it is not at all preachy (nor does it need to be). Creation is itself a marvelous testimony of the reality of a Creator and I think this film inspires that sense of awe and realization. Yes, it is clearly derogatory of any alleged evolutionary process, but not in a smug way. Rather, as the science is presented, it becomes so apparent that evolution just pales in any ability to manufacture a reasonable explanation for the beauty and marvel of design that is represented in the butterfly. It shouldn't be a surprise to those that believe in Evolution that a video presented by those that believe in Intelligent Design would seek to highlight their view. What I find to be so great about this video is that it effectively and honestly presents the view with exceptionally scientific and logical reason based on clearly observable processes of nature (not manipulated arguments). Whether you agree with the concept of Intelligent Design or not, this video presents a reasonable argument and it is clear to see why many are led to a conclusion of Intelligent Design simply because of the design that is absolutely physically apparent in the metamorphosis phenomenon of the butterfly. This "miracle" doesn't need anyone to manipulate a convoluted argument to make a simple point; that it clearly appears to be the product of absolutely intelligent design. Some may not like that conclusion, but they shouldn't be offended merely at the likelihood that many will come to this opinion by observing the evidence. Wonderful production! Fascinating no matter what your "faith" position may be.

As a Jesus-follower myself, I actually tend to be exceptionally critical of most of the production put out by the mainstream Christian media. Sadly, so much of it tends to be badly produced, poorly acted, and embarrassing to behold. I get annoyed at the typical religious patterns that most Christian movie makers tend to fall into; where everything has to exist in this perfect little bubble view of humanity and every story has a perfect, happy ending with no questions left unanswered in convenient little cookie cutter design... not to mention that every production, no matter the subject, has to have the typical evangelistic appeal at the end, complete with some portrayal of the sinner's prayer, etc. It's so pattern and so un-real and so un-interesting. Where are the great storytellers like C.S. Lewis and J.R. Tolken who were able to fascinate an audience, stir minds, grip hearts, and -yes- not be afraid to allow their faith influence their art, but didn't fit into a convenient and predictable mold? Why can't we also have scientific exploration documentaries that, sure, are produced by those who are inspired by genuine faith, but presented honestly and without a big propaganda push behind everything. That's what I love about this video. Some will certainly accuse them of propaganda, but I would propose this alternate argument... Why can't a group that is fascinated and inspired by scientific research, especially when it effectively illustrates their conviction of faith in a Creator, share that excitement with others. Why does that only have to be thought of as "propaganda"? If I believe in something, my tendency is to share what I believe with others because I find it exciting. In my opinion, this video fits in that paradigm.

It does not fall into the category of lamely-produced Christian crap, but it's very good! This is History-channel or Discover-channel quality and I'm very happy to recommend it to anyone! The butterfly with utterly amaze you!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!!!, July 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely LOVE this product! I recently had the opportunity to test this latest model of the Razer Mouse Bungee and it is awesome!!! I've actually been using the Mouse Bungee since they came out and have purchased several and also gifted them to friends. While wireless mice are great too and becoming more popular than ever, I'm still one of those people who likes the ol' corded mouse; No batteries to change, no glitchy skipping or stalling pointers and hey... it's a MOUSE... Mice have TAILS! Isn't it inhumane to use a wireless mouse? LOL... Seriously though, this is a great little invention and works perfectly, as described. It simply does what it intends to do; keep the mouse cord out of your way while you do you work. Plus, it actually looks cool. Who wants a wireless mouse now? Geesh, just add this little bugger and your old cordy just turned into a little piece of awesome.

Ok ok... I guess you get the point. Great product, with all seriousness! I sincerely love it and use my all the time. The device is built well too. I've had my original for YEARS and it's still as good as new, but this was a nice upgrade and I really like the styling on the product. If you need a cool gadget to help manage you mouse cable, THIS IS IT!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10