Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for J. Pardee > Reviews

Browse

J. Pardee's Profile

Customer Reviews: 62

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Pardee "Barrin87" RSS Feed (Utah)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Bellafina ABS Cello Case with Wheels 4/4 Size
Bellafina ABS Cello Case with Wheels 4/4 Size
Offered by Music123
Price: $149.95
4 used & new from $149.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case but needs to be closed the right way, November 3, 2015
I needed a hard cello case for my cello since I was starting lessons and didn't feel safe leaving my cello in the soft case it came with while it's bouncing around in my car's trunk to and from my lessons. The price on this case was much cheaper than more professional cases so I decided to try this case out despite some of the negative reviews on it closing properly.

Other reviewers are correct that the case doesn't close correctly if it's not latched properly but that can be fixed if you take a few minutes to figure out which latches to close first. I found that by closing the top latch above the scroll and the two latches on the opposite side of where the handles are make my case close completely.

This case offers everything that I was needing in a case beyond lacking a pocket to put my music book in. My cello fits in there perfectly with not too much room for it too move around. There is a Velcro strap that goes over the fingerboard to keep the neck in place and a bit of extra padding behind the scroll. Velcro straps are on the opposite side of the case in front of the scroll where a pouch which is included can be placed for rosin, a tuner, cloth, or any small item you might need to carry with you. There are also two bow holders to keep your bows secure.

On the outside of the case there are two handles on the side of the case to carry it by. It also includes two straps which can be attached to carry it on your back. I haven't used the straps but the handles have worked very well so far. There are wheels on the bottom of the case so it can be rolled along and a small handle on the back side of the case where the scroll is which can be used.

This case is in no way perfect but for my needs has been a great purchase so far. I would recommend this case if you are carrying your case to and from lessons or around the city but I'd probably look for something a little better if you were going to be taking your cello on a plane.

InteVision 400 Thread Count, 100% Egyptian Cotton Bed Wedge Pillowcase; Replacement Cover Designed to Fit the 12" (Height) Version of the InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow (25" x 24" x 12")
Offered by TravelMate
Price: $15.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wedge pillowcase, April 4, 2015
This wedge pillowcase is a little large for my pillow wedge but helps in putting this over the wedge easier. The case has a zipper so it stays on the wedge without being able to fall off and is along the bottom back of the wedge so you won't feel the zipper while sleeping on it. The feel of the case is nice and soft so it feels great sleeping on it.

InteVision Foam Wedge Bed Pillow (25" x 24" x 12") with High Quality, Removable Cover
Offered by TravelMate
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected but a little too high, April 4, 2015
I tend to get acid reflux while trying to sleep so I had purchased this foam wedge to help alleviate it. This foam wedge has worked well to help alleviate my acid reflux so far which has been fantastic. The foam wedge is firm enough to not sink into it but soft enough with the one inch memory foam top so it's not too firm.

My only two minor complaints with this foam wedge is that it would be a tad more comfortable if it was an inch or so lower and that the wedge takes up quite a bit of space on my bed. I sleep closer to the end of my bed now with the wedge since it takes up more space than just using pillows.

Overall this wedge has been fairly comfortable so far and has greatly helped with my acid reflux at night so it's been well worth the purchase.

Distant Worlds III: More Music from Final Fantasy
Distant Worlds III: More Music from Final Fantasy
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Fantasy music made even more perfect, March 6, 2015
As complete fan of Final Fantasy music, Nobuo Uematsu, and the two previous Distant Worlds albums purchasing Distant Worlds III: More Music from Final Fantasy was a no brainer. After listening to this album multiple times in one day I can say I couldn't be more pleased with this beautiful music.

I won't mention what I think of every song but a few of my favorites:

Hymn of the Faith - The Sending (FFX): A very somber song to start this album off with. Hymn of the Faith is very reminiscent of the original versions from FFX but combines the voices from multiple versions of the song from X. This is the perfect version of the song blending all the different versions together.

Battle & Victory Theme Medley (FF Franchise): Combining the battle song from multiple Final Fantasy titles makes this an interesting song. This was an interesting song but had some of my favorite battle themes so I was pleasantly surprised by this song. It includes some of my favorite versions such as Battle With Seymour from FFX.

Kiss Me Goodbye (FFXII) & Answers (FFXIV): Both of these songs are sung by the amazing Susan Calloway. I don't the original version of Kiss Me Goodbye but after hearing the version on this album I certainly won't forget it as it's my favorite song on this album so far. Answers is a little more instrumental and less rock compared to the original in XIV. While I prefer the original version a little more this is a very good version nonetheless.

Not Alone (FFIX): One of my favorite songs from FFIX made even better.

Overall I am in love with Distant Worlds III so far and couldn't be happier so far. I strongly recommend this to the die hard Final Fantasy fans and just fans of good instrumental music.

Funko POP Marvel Dark Phoenix Bobble Figure
Funko POP Marvel Dark Phoenix Bobble Figure
Offered by BBToyStore
Price: $119.99
3 used & new from $114.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent looking Dark Phoenix Pop, March 5, 2015
Being a large fan of Phoenix/Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey from the X-Men I had to purchase this Funko Pop Bobble Head. Dark Phoenix overall looks fairly good but the paint job isn't the best. There were minor scratches on one of her eyes along with a few on her books.

Be advised that if you are looking to purchase this Funko Pop it is currently out of production so you will be paying more than the original price of the Pop.

Funko POP Marvel: Classic X-Men - Colossus Action Figure
Funko POP Marvel: Classic X-Men - Colossus Action Figure
Price: $7.64
60 used & new from $2.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking Colossus bobble head Pop, February 26, 2015
This Colossus bobble head Funko Pop looks very good for the most part. When looking closer at the paint job there is a very slight discoloration on my Colossus' face and some very small scratches on his chest so it's not the best paint job. Overall Colossus does look very good and I am happy with this purchase.

Be advised that this Colossus Pop is a bobble head and not an action figure as Amazon states on the product page.

Funko POP Marvel: Classic X-Men - Cyclops Action Figure
Funko POP Marvel: Classic X-Men - Cyclops Action Figure
Offered by Pops Toy Shop
Price: $5.71
76 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking Pop, February 25, 2015
This Cyclops Funko Pop bobble head is a fairly good looking Pop. The painting on mine is mostly clean beyond some very slight bleeding around Cyclops' belt.

Overall I am happy with this Funko Pop purchase.

Be advised that this is a bobble head Funko Pop(As are all X-Men Funko Pops) since Amazon doesn't state so in the product listing.

Funko POP Literature: HP Lovecraft Cthulhu Action Figure
Funko POP Literature: HP Lovecraft Cthulhu Action Figure
Price: $9.35
46 used & new from $8.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cthulhu approves of this Funko Pop, February 19, 2015
This Cthulhu Funko Pop stands a good inch taller than most other standard sized Pops. The detail on Cthulhu is is very well done and far exceeds the detail on any other Pop that I own. Overall this a fantastic Pop that I would highly recommend purchasing.

Funko POP Marvel: Classic X-Men - Storm Action Figure
Funko POP Marvel: Classic X-Men - Storm Action Figure
Offered by Kooky Toys
Price: $8.77
71 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well done Funko Pop, February 13, 2015
For how cheap Funko Pops are I can't expect their paint jobs to be perfect but this Storm Funko Pop is definitely one of the better ones that I have received. The imperfections that this one has are very minor so it still looks great. Storm's hair is really great looking on this Funko Pop but does make it a little back heavy so she can fall backwards a easily if she is jostled too much.

Be advised that this Funko Pop is a bobble head since Amazon's title for this product doesn't state so.

Overall I'm very pleased with this Funko Pop and it will make an excellent addition to my collection.

Seconds: A Graphic Novel
Seconds: A Graphic Novel
by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Price: $15.24
91 used & new from $9.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Second chances, February 10, 2015
Katie's life is starting to go bad. She is a popular chef at a restaurant that she reaps none of the rewards for, the restaurant that she is opening herself is getting bogged down in construction complications, and her ex boyfriend had to pop back into her life. But what if she could have a second chance at life and undo her mistakes? After a far too realistic dream she realizes that she can have that so sought after second chance. Nothing ever comes without complications of course as Katie soon realizes.

I found Seconds to be a wonderful read that I couldn't put down. The story was fascinating and the characters were intriguing and witty. I thought the ending could have been a little stronger but overall the story was fantastic. The artwork was very well done and the coloring fit perfectly.

The presentation of the physical book was great as well. The pages are very thick which gives the book quite a bit of weight. The slip cover was a little odd since it doesn't cover the entirety of the book which I haven't seen on other books but it fits very well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7