Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Julia > Reviews

Browse

Julia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Julia RSS Feed

Always Infinity with FlexFoam, Unscented Pads with Wings, Overnight, 28 Count (Pack of 2)
Price: $13.94
5 used & new from $13.94

5.0 out of 5 stars These are amazing., December 3, 2010
Really. They're incredible. They absorb thoroughly and almost instantaneously, hold a lot, and are very thin, very soft, and very flexible.

Gain 2X Ultra Gain Liquid with Baking Soda Fresh Water Sparkle 52 Load, 100.0-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells Fantastic, March 30, 2010
This variety of Gain--with baking soda--has a great fresh scent and it does a better job of getting that funky laundry smell out of our clothes than anything else I've tried.

Christ in the Old Testament: Prophecy Illustrated
Christ in the Old Testament: Prophecy Illustrated
by Thomas Hopko
Price: $15.26
34 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly Beautiful, March 14, 2010
To complain that this book is too short or not a thorough exposition of Old Testament prophecy is to miss the point, I'm afraid.

Mr. Chocheli's breathtaking artwork, surrounding and facing the texts, draws the viewer into contemplation of the Old Testament in light of Christ, Who is present throughout. In this book, we see on each page, in each illumination, Truth illustrated in ways it would take reams of text to convey.

Uniden EXI4246 2.4 GHz Extended Range Compact Cordless with Caller ID/Call Waiting

1.0 out of 5 stars Soft & Fuzzy, January 23, 2007
Not the way you want your phone to sound.

I thought the problem might have been the creative wiring I did to get a jack where I wanted it, but I moved it to a jack that provides an excellent connection to another phone and got just as much static and just as little sound, if that makes sense. Channel scanning didn't help at all. I could have lived with the static except that my own voice comes through rather loudly. Thus, when I have the volume turned up high enough to hear the other party's fuzzy little voice, I'm practically whispering so I don't blow my ear out.

We finally replaced this phone and I'm not even going to give it away. Into the trash it shall go.

What to Expect When You're Expecting
What to Expect When You're Expecting
by Arlene Eisenberg
1461 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Inferior to the "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy", August 14, 2005
Back when babies were just daydreams, I recieved "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (3rd ed.) from a pregnant friend who had an extra copy. Not knowing any better, I was quite pleased. Once I became pregnant, however, that changed. I found the book to be poorly organized, overly conversational and condescending in tone (especially given my plans to be a stay-at-home mom), and generally useless for anything other than instilling fear and paranoia. Most exasperating, though, was the "organization." Symptoms that can arise during varying parts of pregnancy are scattered haphazardly amongst the monthly chapters. This means that the book must be read cover to cover and all material retained in memory if hunting through the index and flipping back and forth between sections doesn't sound appealing.

Enter the "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy." Hallelujah! Not wanting to suffer through another mediocre guide to pregnancy, I looked through every book I could get my hands on, and this was the only one that satisfied my criteria. It is written by trustworthy professionals in clear yet -professional- language, it provides information on "pregnancy, childbirth and your newborn" in chronological order, and best of all, it contains separate sections entitled, appropriately, "decision guides for pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood," "pregnancy reference guide," and "complications of pregnancy and childbirth," each with a table of contents at the beginning of the section. Instead of having to take a wild guess at which chapter (or, more likely, chapters) cramping might have landed in in "What to Expect" or searching the entire index, I could find it, along with all the other things I might be wondering about, in the reference guide. Blessed simplicity!

The "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" was the only book I needed. Once I found it, "What to Expect When You're Expecting" went back on the shelf and stayed there.

Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
by Mayo Clinic
484 used & new from $0.01

1,012 of 1,029 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Superior to "What to Expect...", August 14, 2005
Back when babies were just daydreams, I recieved "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (3rd ed.) from a pregnant friend who had an extra copy. Not knowing any better, I was quite pleased. Once I became pregnant and actually needed a guide, however, that changed. I found the book to be poorly organized, overly conversational and condescending in tone (especially given my plans to be a stay-at-home mom), and generally useless for anything other than instilling fear and paranoia. Most exasperating, though, was the "organization." Symptoms that can arise during varying parts of pregnancy are scattered haphazardly amongst the monthly chapters. This means that the book must be read cover to cover and all material retained in memory if hunting through the index and flipping back and forth between sections doesn't sound appealing.

Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2012 8:00 AM PDT