Profile for J. Guerra > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Guerra RSS Feed

elago S5 Outfit Aluminum and Polycarbonate Dual Case for the iPhone 5/5S - eco friendly Retail Packaging (White/Champagne Gold) - Spark Design Award
Offered by elago design
Price: $12.99
5 used & new from $8.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case!, November 17, 2013
Awesome case! I bought it to use on my iPhone 5S Gold since I dropped it 2 times already the first week I had it. Made me sad looking at the dings and dents so I went online looking for a clear case or something of "Gold" color since my iPhone is Gold and wanted to show it off (lol). Voila I found this case from elago! Ordered it and it looks amazing. It's nice and clean simple case. Gold color looks great and almost identical to the gold on the iPhone.

It makes holding my iPhone so much easier (better grip) as before the iPhone without the case was very slippery. I'm glad I bought this. Now I don't feel as worried if I drop my phone by accident.

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Price: $399.00
336 used & new from $324.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, November 17, 2013
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
I'm a little sad to be reading reports of other users PS4 arriving DOA or failing shortly after and I really hope Sony can do their best to accommodate and repair/replace these units in a timely manner.

With that said, I received my launch edition PS4 and so far so good. Everything has been working great with no issues being reported by other users. I have it sitting next to my old PS3 Slim (before the super slim) and I can it's noticeably quieter than the PS3. That and it just looks downright sexier than the PS3.

I really like the redesigned GUI. It seems much simpler than the GUI from PS3. Yes, it doesn't look as flash or animated but if you think about it, most tech nowadays are going for a simplistic, minimal and easy interface. The GUI is snappy, very fast and responsive. I jumped on my PS3 and oh boy. I really noticed the Playstation store super laggy and slow. While the PS Store on the PS4 was fast and fluid.

The updated dual shock 4 controller is excellent. Comparing it to my dual shock 3 controller, I can tell the square, triangle, circle and X buttons are closer on the dual shock 4. On the dual shock controller they are spaced out further. Also, the two little joy sticks (thumb sticks?) are spaced out slightly further on the dual shock 4, and are closer on the dual shock 3. This and the buttons makes it much, MUCH comfortable using the controller and it feels perfect! It's the way the controller should have been designed ages ago.

I played Knack so far (borrowed it) and found it to be boring. Graphically the game is ok, but it looks like it belongs as a PS3 title not a PS4 title. I picked up BF4 and the game is amazing. Playing campaign is fun and visually the game looks stunning on the PS4. The only major problem I'm having right now (along with everyone else it looks like) is that trying to join Multiplayer conquest is damn near impossible. It's to be broken, and still is. What a drag really. I also picked Assassin's Creed 4 and Killzone. Killzone looks amazing as well. Excellent graphics and all. I've yet to try AC4 but will later.

In the end, I think the PS4 will be ok despite the initial negativity regarding the DOA consoles and other quirks (no ability to stream any content from PC makes me sad). It's a great console, looks fantastic, very fast, and games look great (some I guess). In due time everything will get better. Bring on Final Fantasy, Uncharted and Metal Gear!!!

Coldplay: Live 2012 (CD/Blu-Ray)
Coldplay: Live 2012 (CD/Blu-Ray)
DVD ~ Coldplay
Offered by MUSICROCKSUSA
Price: $24.50
37 used & new from $20.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic concert but bluray quality is bad :(, November 19, 2012
LOVE LOVE Coldplay. I went to their San Jose concert back in April. The concert in this bluray was amazing and brings back memories when I saw them.

However, the bluray quality SUCKS. The video looks grainy. This is isn't bits and pieces, but the entire video on the bluray looks bad. Here I was thinking it was going to look absolutely fantastic in HD, but instead it's a huge let down. That and sometimes it sounds like they muted, or lowered the sound of the audience. That's so disappointing. The audience is part of the experience, no idea why they think it was beneficial to lower the sound of the audience.

Also, there's a lot of lights flashing everywhere and video fades. If only the video could have focused more on the band itself playing and no so much on flashy lights and audience shots. Oh and what's weird is that the bluray cover says "Violet Hill" is only on DVD, yet it's on the bluray? Maybe they added the video last minute?

I wish I could give it 5 stars, but unfortunately I can't :(
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2012 12:21 PM PST

Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack!
Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack!
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not download!, November 29, 2011
Spyware app. Don't bother buying / downloading this app and save your buck. Not worth putting your privacy at risk.

SGP MOTOROLA Droid X / Droid X2 [Verizon] Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Anti Fingerprint]

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice screen protector, November 18, 2011
This screen protector is very nice. It's true that the screen has a slight "blur" effect but it's because of the antiglare. It's hardly noticeable and makes viewing the phone in sunlight much easier compared to without it.

Also, it has a nice texture due to the anti glare. It makes browsing/swiping on your phone easier and accurate with the texture of the film. In other words, it feels nice using the phone with this protector. Sure you'll get finger prints here and there, but it's super easy to wipe off and no where near a finger print magnet like before without the screen protector.

I highly recommend it for anyone looking for this kind of protector for their Droid X.

Left Right Left Right Left
Left Right Left Right Left
11 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great live CD!, August 13, 2009
Awesome live CD. I got it for free at the Coldplay concert in Washington, Clark County Amphitheater. Their live versions of their music sound great, highly recommend this CD to Coldplay fans. You can also get the mp3 version free from their official site.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2011 7:47 AM PST

AEM 21-110 Dryflow Air Filter Cleaning System
AEM 21-110 Dryflow Air Filter Cleaning System

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 19, 2009
Works great and as advertised. Very easy to use. My AEM Bruteforce filter was so dirty, that my truck through a MAF code. Bought this, cleaned it up real well and all is good. I recently moved from SF to the central valley and it's way too dusty here. Have to clean often, and Amazon has it reasonably priced compared to other vendors.

A Hundred Million Suns
A Hundred Million Suns
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $10.32
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, January 19, 2009
This review is from: A Hundred Million Suns (Audio CD)
Great album! Bought one each for my girlfriend and myself. Some of my favs include Lifeboat, Lightning Strike, Engines, hek they are all good! Worth the buy and highly recommend!

The Fountain OST
The Fountain OST
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack!, December 22, 2008
This review is from: The Fountain OST (MP3 Music)
The Fountain original soundtrack is awesome! Without a doubt, I say this has to be one of the best soundtracks ever made for a movie. "Together We Will Live Forever" is one of my favorites, very nice melody with the piano, which plays during the movie credits. It'll either make you happy or sad (or both?). "Death is the Road to Awe" is also my other favorite. Nice quiet melody in the beginning that gradually picks up and gets louder. Overall, the entire album is great! Highly recommend to anyone that likes soundtracks and/or instrumental music! You won't be disappointed!

Heroes - Original Soundtrack
Heroes - Original Soundtrack

1.0 out of 5 stars None of the good music from the show is in here..., December 19, 2008
Are you kidding me? How can this be a soundtrack from the show if almost ALL the main instrumental music that makes the show exciting is not on here? What about the freaky music like Sylar's theme? Even the ending credits song from the show is nice. No one cares about Panic at the Disco or The Chemical Brothers. You can buy those songs from their respective artist's albums...we want the real Heroes soundtrack, not songs from artists we can already get elsewhere. The Wendy & Lisa tracks are the only songs worth getting here, except of course for the Mega Mix...

This album is a complete let down, save your money, it's not worth wasting it on this.