Profile for HandMeDown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HandMeDown RSS Feed (Minneapolis, MN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
POWERGEN Dual USB Wall Charger, 12-Watt, White
POWERGEN Dual USB Wall Charger, 12-Watt, White
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Charger, June 3, 2014
Works well for both my old and the new lightning chargers for my Apple products. It does what the company says it does!

Small World
Small World
Price: $36.13
60 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Game, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Small World (Toy)
I have enjoyed playing through Small World with both friends and family. My nieces are 7, 9, and 11 and the game is simple enough to understand for them to frequently win games.

Suncast SK4000 12-Inch Kids Snow Shovel With 34-Inch Resin Handle
Suncast SK4000 12-Inch Kids Snow Shovel With 34-Inch Resin Handle
Price: $10.55
10 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shovel for My Son, January 9, 2014
My son is only 18-months old, but he loves helping dad shovel the sidewalk and driveway. The shovel is about his height at the moment (he's a tall kid), but he makes it work. It will probably work for him for the next few years.

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player (2014 model)
Offered by JD Superstore
Price: $102.69
87 used & new from $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My Streaming Problems Are Gone!, January 9, 2014
My wife and I were having serious streaming issues through our Sony Blu-Ray player. We are paying for high-speed internet, but would often stream between 0.3 and 1.5 Mbps. I had an older version of the Roku set up on a small TV where we keep our treadmill and had never had any streaming issues, so I decided to buy the Roku 3 for our main TV and see how it worked. I hooked it up, went through the setup menu, and our show, through Netflix, loaded within 3 seconds and played in HD from beginning to end without interruption. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone interested in a quality streaming device.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
Price: $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Basic Cable, January 9, 2014
It's in the name--Amazon Basics. Nothing flashy or fancy here, but in the world of HDMI cables, where retailers often resort to ridiculous markups, it's nice to see a company have a well-made, reliable, and inexpensive option available for their customers.

Scrub A Dub Dog Pet Bathing System
Scrub A Dub Dog Pet Bathing System

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Bathing System, November 13, 2013
The system works great if live in an area where you can be outdoors year-round, or if you have a big sink in your basement next to a large drain. We have the latter, and after some setup and initial problem with the first attempt (minor leakage because of a loose plastic nut), it has worked great ever since.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2015 2:59 PM PST

Bluegrass
Bluegrass
Price: $12.99
47 used & new from $7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rootin' Tootin' Good Time, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Bluegrass (Audio CD)
I bought this because I want to introduce my son (he's one) to a variety of music. This collection is amazing--many great songs and several excellent artists. I started playing it and he immediately starting bouncing along to the beat. I also listen to it in the car...even when he's not in the vehicle with me!

Pilot [HD]
Pilot [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea for a kid's show!, April 20, 2013
I watched this with my son and he was really into it. The format is interactive and the characters entertaining. Would definitely watch more!

The Magicians: A Novel
The Magicians: A Novel
by Lev Grossman
24 used & new from $3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, Decent Characters, August 28, 2011
This review is from: The Magicians: A Novel (Hardcover)
Grossman weaves a nice tale of fantasy mixed with some real teenage emotions that I believe all people go through at one point or another: doubt, shame, envy, grief, and so on. From these he offers an escape for his protagonist, Quentin. While at times the actions and decisions by Quentin are not completely believable, supporting characters create a nice scaffold for him to stand on, preventing the novel from becoming too protagonist-driven. Although the characters attend a school, the tone of the story is more Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell than Harry Potter. Overall, a great read that I would recommend.

Kaplan GMAT 2011 Premier with CD-ROM (Kaplan GMAT Premier Program (w/CD))
Kaplan GMAT 2011 Premier with CD-ROM (Kaplan GMAT Premier Program (w/CD))
by Kaplan
132 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Resource, March 16, 2011
I bought the Kaplan GMAT book after I had already purchased the official GMAT book and been studying for about a month. I wanted a few more practice tests (the official GMAT book has one in the back, and anyone can go online and download an application that provides two tests). Kaplan comes with four tests, plus a diagnostic test that you can take by registering your product online. In addition, they offer 3-6 problem sets for each section of each part of the GMAT (3 sentence correction, 3 critical reasoning, 3 reading comprehension, 6 problem solving, and 3 data sufficiency). These are timed similar to the amount per question on the GMAT, so they are great for practicing the problems as well as your timing.

The biggest positive is that this book calls out the most important things for you to know for each section of the test, and they teach you many ways to solve the problems, including time-saving shortcuts. The official GMAT book did not provide that.

My only reservations are that the software is only meant for a low resolution, so if you have your computer set to run at a higher resolution, the screen for the application is pretty small. Also, a few questions did not provide all of the information during a practice test, so they could not be answered (my suspicions were confirmed when I reviewed the questions and read explanations, realizing that I was not given all of the information).

Overall, I'd say this is a great piece of a comprehensive GMAT study package.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3