Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Nathaniel C. Womack > Reviews

Browse

Nathaniel C. Wom...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nathaniel C. Womack "Chase" RSS Feed (NY, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
DRACULAS (A Novel of Terror)
DRACULAS (A Novel of Terror)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly, mindless fun. Gore galore!!!, April 24, 2015
Silly premise...runs a little long in the tooth (pun intended)...but it was entertaining and worth the price. Very over the top action/gore. I'd compare it to a Tarantino film, just in book form.

Something from the Oven: Reinventing Dinner in 1950s America
Something from the Oven: Reinventing Dinner in 1950s America
by Laura Shapiro
59 used & new from $0.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought it was going to be., November 17, 2014
I felt guilty giving any less than 3 stars, tho I can't say I enjoyed the book (it is an easy/quick read). It's not really about what I thought it would be about, that's not the fault of the book being advertised. Thought it would be mostly about food trends and how people ate in America through the decades. It's far less about that (tho that is in there, to a lesser degree). It's more of a social treastie on womens "place in the kitchen" through the years, and how it evolved by the food industry, and the introduction of convenience foods, to social pioneers like Julia Child and Poppy Cannon. it almost at times reads like a college doctorate on women's social issues and how they were reflected in the home and kitchen..

Marvel Universe Marvel Knights - Dagger Figure 3.75 Inches
Marvel Universe Marvel Knights - Dagger Figure 3.75 Inches
Offered by MMB Unlimited
Price: $15.25
33 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer BEWARE!!, April 15, 2014
I got my item today and, lo and behold, I got Cloak instead of Dagger. From reading the reviews (which I should have known better) this is an all too common problem. Thankfully, Amazon is refunding my $$$. I wouldn't bother ordering this, you'll probably receive the Cloak action figure I'm sending back.

Cannibal Reign (Harper Thriller)
Cannibal Reign (Harper Thriller)
by Thomas Koloniar
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great surprise!, July 23, 2012
I found this available at my local library's "Kindle store" and thought it sounded interesting. Even though it was a "rental", I first came came here to read the reviews before I downloaded it and was taken aback by all the positive reviews. Well, this is an OUTSTANDING summer beach/pool read. There seems to be a FLOOD of mediocre to downright awful lot of e-books available these days, but this book reads like it was written by a life-long, best selling author. Even though I got this book through my local library, I would not consider it money well wasted if I had bought the book. If this genre interests you, my advice is, GET IT. You'll be glad you did. The book is set up so that it could be a series, and I hope we get to see more of some of these characters.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2012 7:32 AM PDT

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year Edition) - Playstation 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year Edition) - Playstation 3
Offered by Galactics
Price: $17.00
214 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars VERY repetitive, April 19, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Gorgeous graphics. Very moody, just like you expect Batman to be. Starts out strong but generally unravels. If you like fighting nameless thugs every single level, then this game is for you. Croc was weak and way too easy, as were the Titans. Ivy was somewhat of a challenge. The last boss fight was LAME!!! I guess when you're playing a superhero w/no super powers, you fight street thugs. Shoulda been better.

Mareblu Naturals 180 Snacks Blueberry Pomegranate Trail Mix Crunch, 3 Ounce Pouches (Pack of 8)
Price: $25.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably delicious and ADDICTIVE!!, January 12, 2011
I found this product on a US Airways flight and have been HOOKED ever since. It's actually very good for you, not too high a sugar content. The flavor is UNBELIEVABLE! W/out doubt the most scrumptious trail-mix I have EVER tasted, and I'm not a big trail-mix fan. It's lightly sweet and salty at the same time. A very satisfying snack you can feel good about. TRY IT, u will love it!

Kindle Leather Cover, Apple Green (Fits Kindle Keyboard)
Kindle Leather Cover, Apple Green (Fits Kindle Keyboard)

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! READ the reviews...design will KILL your Kindle, December 28, 2010
I have been having problems for WEEKS now and I FINALLY find the culprit!!! THIS cover! The Kindle attaches to the cover with 2 metal prongs that 'slide' into the Kindle itself. The upper metal prong/hook is causing some kind of 'static shock' or something that causes the Kindle to freeze up and re-boot itself all the time. I think I have just been lucky as I have been having this happen to me since SEPT and my Kindle, while it freezes up a lot, has, thus far, survived this process over and over. What an epic fail on Amazon's part. WHY IS THIS PRODUCT STILL BEING SOLD ON HERE??????? Yes, it looks good, but it will cause your Kindle to CONSTANTLY freeze up and many people have reported it killed their Kindle. All I can say is...BUYER BEWARE!!!

The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy)
The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy)
by Justin Cronin
Price: $20.42
384 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars How did THIS become such a BIG bestseller???, October 25, 2010
A good story muddled by Justin Cronin's verbal diarrhea.

A couple sample paragraphs from the end of the book.

"She was Amy, and she was forever. She was one of Twelve and also the other, the one above and behind, the Zero. She was the Girl from Nowhere, the one Who Walked In, who lived a thousand years: Amy of Multitudes, the Girl with the Souls Inside Her.

She was Amy. She was Amy. She was Amy."

You get A LOT of that in this book... a Lot of that. A Lot of that. A Lot of that. Sorry, I was having a 'Cronin'.

The editor didn't do his or her job here. 1 quarter of this book could have been thrown out. You can skip ENTIRE pages and miss NOTHING and I am the kind of reader who NEVER skips a word.

This is NOT a vampire novel. Truthfully, I don't know what the heck it is. It's The Stand meets Night Of the Living Dead meets Dracula meets ... There is NOTHING new here, nothing we haven't seen or read before (and probably better, and SO many of the book's characters have been 'borrowed' from other (better) books. The pacing is HORRIBLE. Be prepared for a BIG change of direction after the first 1/3 of the book. It comes quickly and unexpectedly and, IMO, completely throws off the rest of the story. It's like you were reading TWO different novels from a series that had been haphazardly spliced together. I am assuming it's because Cronin, midway through writing the book, decided (or was ordered by his publisher) to make this a 3 parter. I enjoyed del Toro's The Strain FAR more than this wanna-be philisophical dribble. Clearly, Cronin LOVES to hear himself talk or, in this case, see himself write.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2010 1:31 PM PDT

Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Playstation 3
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Playstation 3
Offered by Insane Web Deals
Price: $41.65
105 used & new from $3.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep telling yourself, "It's only a game...", September 7, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game for 2 reasons. 1, it got fairly good reviews and, 2, it was cheap. At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I am NOT a hard-core gamer. I play most games on the 'easy' level, I play 15 or 20 minutes at a time (not hours) and come and go to and from the game several times a day. Short attention span I guess. I didn't realize the game would be a lot of hand to hand combat; fistfights and such. In the beginning I did not like this as this was my first experience w/the hand 2 hand combat genre, but as I got better I enjoyed it more. One thing, they REALLY made an effort at scaring you. There is great 'atmosphere' to the game. I am 38 and grew up in the 'Golden Age of Hollywood Horror' in the 70's and 80's (Exorcist, Omen, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw, Thing, Friday the 13th, Nightmare Elm St), so I LOVE horror films. This game had quite a few jarring moments and freaky images. It's a lot of fun to play in the dark, late at night. I take Marinol (which is marijuanna in pill form for Crohn's Disease) and, I gotta say, it was a FREAKY TRIP to play this game 'stoned'. LOLZ! You REALLY get a lot for your money w/this game. There are varied and different levels. Each level is really different from the last one and I like that variety. Sometimes you use hand 2 hand, sometimes you search for and use weapons (from bricks to swords to pipes to handguns and shotguns and assault rifles). The enemies are fast are fearless. From crazy homeless to meth-heads to I don't know what the hell they are and there are a couple nice surprises along the way I won't spoil. I throughly enjoyed it and give it a 'MUST BUY'!!

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Playstation 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Playstation 3
Offered by Insane Web Deals
Price: $98.88
32 used & new from $24.34

2.0 out of 5 stars Felt compelled to review it..., August 18, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I don't often review games, not being a hard-core gamer myself, so I thought I would write a review for the casual gamer.
My first mistake was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 first. It was actually fun. Yes, it took some getting used to and is, overall, pretty arcade(?) compared w/other games I had played up to that point (such as Dead Space and Resistance. I never played video games before X-Mas '08 when I got my PS3, so I am late to the game. No pun intended). What I mean is, MUA2 is kind of juvenile. Not just in it's story and action but the gameplay itself. It was very different than the scary, intense, bloody, action FPS games I had played before, but, being a huge Marvel comic fan from the 80's, I wanted to play it. As I said, it took getting used to, but, overall, I came to really get into it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
So, of course, I wanted more Marvel fun and thought, after reading reviews, give a go w/the first MUA. I guess this is how games were BEFORE X-Box 360 and PS3. Glad I did not bother w/those. First of all, there are NO voices, u read EVERYTHING. Makes for strange gameplay. Often times, I find myself hitting the 'X' before I have read the dialogue. The graphics, in particular the colors, are amateurish and low-rent compared to today's games, which is to be expected. The controller, which certain scenes require you to move in a rapidly changing direction, are so bad that it takes the fun away from the game itself. I guess, in summary, if you are used to playing older generation games then you are used to this level of game-playing. Having not played the systems before the PS3, I find this game LESS THAN stellar, mildly amusing at best. For the price it costs used, I guess you can't expect much.

Page: 1 | 2