Profile for Adam > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Baxton Studio Fiorenza White Plastic Armchair with Wood Eiffel Legs, Set of 2
Baxton Studio Fiorenza White Plastic Armchair with Wood Eiffel Legs, Set of 2
Price: $132.94
7 used & new from $132.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty comfortable, but falls apart, August 10, 2014
So these chairs are quite comfortable, pretty and all the other good things. But they aren't very well made. The mechanism for holding the legs to the chair puts odd stresses on the chair and if you are over say 150 lbs or so, causes them to warp over time. After a year or two, the metal to plastic interface wears out and the legs no longer stay in place.

Long story short: Pretty, but not for getting lots of use or for larger people.

Rayovac Value Bright 3 Lumen LED Pen Light with Battery (BRSLEDPEN-B
Rayovac Value Bright 3 Lumen LED Pen Light with Battery (BRSLEDPEN-B
Offered by Mr. Medical
Price: $5.68
22 used & new from $0.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little light. Not super bright., August 10, 2014
Surprisingly good for the cost. A small tightly and evenly focussed spot. Good for testing pupilary reflexes, though not very bright for use in a well lit room. A little brighter and I would strongly recommend it.

Clear Vinyl Pocket Protector w/ Horizontal ID Badge Holder by Specialist ID, Sold Individually
Offered by BADGE BROTHERS
Price: $3.37
2 used & new from $3.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits in scrubs just fine though!, August 10, 2014
Doesn't quite fit into a white coat pocket, but it comes really close and with a little bending it works. Fits in scrubs just fine though!

Ronson Medical Premium Fluoride Scissor 7.5" and 5.5" Set of 2
Ronson Medical Premium Fluoride Scissor 7.5" and 5.5" Set of 2
Offered by Innovative World
Price: $15.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the cheapest, but nothing special., August 10, 2014
They work alright. Honestly I just needed them for a few nights on call. I would say if you are using them alot, get a really good pair. But if you just need them for a few days, these will do the job much better than a $3-5 pair that some of friends got.

The small ones are really bandage shears and in this respect they work pretty well. They work more by tearing than cutting and can flex a bit. I would say the thicker stainless steel ones work better for this and look less intimidating and more professional in the hospital.

Anker Wall Battery Charger with Added USB-charging Port for Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3 SIII , Home and Travel Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well. Buzzes pretty loudly, January 13, 2014
This was a lifesaver. My galaxy s3 is starting to get USB problems. So it actually needs to be on the charger more hours in the day than it can be off the charger. Along with an extra battery, this solves my problems.

It charges an extended battery well and quickly. I think like 6 hours or so. About as fast as the fastest it ever charged in my phone. And somehow the battery does not get very hot.

However it does buzz. You will not be able to sleep well if your unit is buzzing next to your head. I have to charge batteries in the office.

CBConcept Brand Halogen Light Bulb JCD G9 120Volt 40Watt - Frosted - 10 Bulbs
CBConcept Brand Halogen Light Bulb JCD G9 120Volt 40Watt - Frosted - 10 Bulbs
Offered by CBconcept
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $8.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Exploded..., May 12, 2013
I have been using these in the bathroom for 5 months. Everything was working fine, then I went to turn it on and there was a bright flash followed by an explosion and a shower of glass across the entire bathroom. It is going to be a huge pain to clean up all those little splinters. It also destroyed part of the light fixture the bulb was in which was also made of glass. I will be throwing the rest of these away.

Also I am glad it was me and not my kid in there when it went boom.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 3:16 PM PST

Combo: Tenergy TN153 2-Bay Standard Battery Charger + 12 AA 2600mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Battery Superstore
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Charger doesn't work, batteries are okay, May 1, 2013
Charger just fries batteries. I strongly advise against using with anything of value. The batteries work fine though, and I have used them a fair number of times.

Microsoft Touch Mouse
Microsoft Touch Mouse
Offered by Galactics
Price: $21.54
42 used & new from $8.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Clicks were too hard and the mouse was too big, January 10, 2013
I wanted to like this mouse, really I did.

The concept of it is fantastic, and I will admit that when swiping worked, it was amazing. Just navigating web pages back and forth so effortlessly was amazing.

But whenever you go to click on anything, you get a workout. The buttons require a great deal of force to press anywhere but on the very front edge of the mouse. However, the back of the mouse is so big, it makes it hard to move your hand up to the front click. I have slightly larger than average hands and this mouse is just too big to use comfortably. For me this mouse got a return.

QCell Samsung Galaxy SIII X-Life 4200mAh Extended Battery + Blue & White Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Sprint L710, Verizon I535, T-mobile T999, AT&T Samsung I747, U.S. Cellular R530) ***NFC Support for S Beam and Google Wallet***

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than stock but not as good as hyperion, January 10, 2013
First, the battery life gain on this was great. I would say 50% increase over stock. However, there were two dealbreakers for me.

1) NFC didn't work well at all. Both stock and the hyperion battery worked well.
2) The battery back cracked almost instantly. This seems to be a problem with all of the extended batteries.

The hyperion battery both lasted longer (really 2x stock) and was better with NFC. I would recommend you spend the extra few dollars and grab it instead.

Scotch Desk Tape Dispenser, 1in. Core, Black
Scotch Desk Tape Dispenser, 1in. Core, Black
Price: $4.28
64 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally it's heavy enough!, January 10, 2013
I have had a couple of tape dispensers around but they were all compact. This one I can actually operate with one hand. Pulling on the tape doesn't cause the dispenser to move at all when I set it on my table or my desk. This was a huge help when wrapping presents this Christmas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5