Profile for Charles B. Miller > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charles B. Miller RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Little Battle
The Little Battle
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New Irish Alt/Folk music for 2014, November 5, 2014
This review is from: The Little Battle (MP3 Music)
If you're a fan of modern alt/folk music and harmony vocals, you will enjoy this record. This Irish Alt/Folk band has released a fun set of songs worth your time and money. There's plenty of toe-tappin', fiddle playin', and twangin' guitars to go around. Kind of reminds me of a Mumford & Sons or an upbeat Fleet Foxes, but they have a sound of their own. I love new music and enjoy supporting promising upcoming new bands. This band deserves to be heard.

Fellow Travelers
Fellow Travelers
Price: $11.99
70 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars An Album of Covers Worth Listening To, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Fellow Travelers (Audio CD)
After the release of the amazing 'Animal Joy' album last year, I wondered what Shearwater's next album would be like. Well, here it is, and it's quite a delight. It's an album of cover songs of bands and artists that Shearwater has toured with over the years. Jonathan Meiburg invited the artists he decided to cover to play on the record as long as it wasn't their own song. What we get is an emotional set of songs featuring his alt/operatic vocals belting out the likes of Coldplay, Xiu Xiu, St. Vincent, Folk Implosion, Clinic, Wye Oak and more. These songs are carefully chosen, and crafted with delicate intimacy and admiration for the original artists. It's a short, concise album of songs that make for great listening. Overall, the album works, but I could have done without Folk Implosion's "Natural One" which seems misplaced, but St. Vincent's "Cheeleader", Coldplay's "Hurts Like Heaven", & Baptist Generals’ amazing “F***ed Up Life” are truly stand-outs. I'm looking forward to seeing them on tour in March.

Julie Roberts ''Alive''
Julie Roberts ''Alive''
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Strong Country Voice, August 2, 2011
So, I have been a fan of Julie's for quite a while. I think I wore out her last CD "Men and Mascara". This album is a solid follow-up to that album. I applaud Julie for trying to break out of the slow country ballad trap with some fun, up-tempo songs. But clearly, Julie's plaintive voice is most potent when she's singing about heartache. Just one listen to "Whiskey and You", "One for the Road" or "Yesterday's Blue", and you will be a fan. Although this is not as cohesive an album as her last, I still love her voice, and I would recommend it to any country music fan. I hope she continues to flourish and attract fans because she is a true undiscovered talent.

The Book Of Mormon [Explicit] [+Digital Booklet]
The Book Of Mormon [Explicit] [+Digital Booklet]
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 17, 2011
Having seen this show on a recent trip to New York, I could not wait until this cast recording was released, and it doesn't disappoint. The show is amazing, and the recording is worth every penny. It's definitely NOT for those who are easily offended or children, but if you want to listen to a hysterical Broadway musical, then this is for you. It is really a very traditional sounding musical, but with an "out there" concept and lyrics. Buy it, listen over and over, sing along, laugh...just be careful if you sing the lyrics out loud with your ear-buds in. :)

Love Song - Acting Edition
Love Song - Acting Edition
by John Kolvenbach
Price: $9.00
26 used & new from $6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Play, March 22, 2011
This is a funny, off-beat comedy with a heart. The dialogue is snappy and the characters are interesting and hilarious. If you get a chance to see (or produce) this play, you should do so.

ASICS Men's GEL-Volley Lyte Volleyball Shoe,White/Black/Silver,8 M US
ASICS Men's GEL-Volley Lyte Volleyball Shoe,White/Black/Silver,8 M US
Offered by SQUASH PRO SHOP
Price: $59.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 22, 2011
So, I had plantar fasciitis from regularly playing volleyball for years. It was to the point that I was taking 800 mg of ibuprofen before playing ball and then could not walk the next morning. After researching some (and trying various other options/remedies), I decided to try these new shoes to play volleyball in. It's unreal the difference. They are light and sturdy. Now I have no problems walking the next morning after playing. I have no idea if these shoes will work for everyone, but they definitely worked for me.

Let Loose the Horses
Let Loose the Horses
Offered by collectiblecounty
Price: $12.97
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it! You'll be happy you did!, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Let Loose the Horses (Audio CD)
So, I've been a fan of Kyler England for a long time. A few years back I went to see her when she was touring solo. She said that she had recorded an album with The Rescues (Crazy Ever After). I bought it...loved it...still listen to it. It's like a sonic pop menagerie. If you like power-pop/rock with awesome harmonies, then you will LOVE The Rescues. Now, they have released their follow-up record, and I must say that it's even more amazing. This band really blows me away. Their music is like a bag of potato chips, I defy you to listen to it just once. I mean, one listen to 'Before The Fall', 'Start a Riot' or 'Stay Over', and you'll be hitting the replay button over and over. This is a solid band of musicians and songwriters who can sing the heck of their songs. Catch them on their way up! Trust me...listen to the clips...buy the album...you'll be glad you did.

Warm Strangers
Warm Strangers
Price: $12.99
68 used & new from $0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Late to the party, February 4, 2007
This review is from: Warm Strangers (Audio CD)
OK...so, I don't know where I've been, but I recently got this album and it's amazing. Crystal clean vocals....interesting lyrics....great songs. I'm blown away how good this is. Why isn't this girl as big as Tori Amos or Kate Bush? Feather Moon starts the album out somber and slow, but then it picks up with Harbor and Hope On Fire...and it just gets better from there. If you like good music, buy this one. Better late than never!

Men & Mascara
Men & Mascara
Price: $8.59
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Wow, Wow, July 1, 2006
This review is from: Men & Mascara (Audio CD)
I liked Julie's debut album, but her new album is LEAPS & BOUNDS better. This album is amazing. Julie has matured as an artist and singer. She knows what works for her emotional alto voice and delivers these new songs with passion, strength, and sadness. Buy this album...you'll be glad you did.

Eyes Open
Eyes Open
Price: $10.91
227 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful...., May 16, 2006
This review is from: Eyes Open (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a whim because I liked Final Straw and thought I'd see what their new stuff sounded like. Initially I was a bit skeptical, but after a couple of repeated listens, I think that this actually exceeds Final Straw musically and in lyrics. This is not guitar pop or indie music...this is lush, beautiful, modern music. It's adult...complex and interesting.

There are some truly amazing tracks on this record. Some are reminiscent of (similar in style to) "Fix You" by Coldplay. My favorites include: Make This Go On Forever, Chasing Cars, You're All I Have, and Open Your Eyes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4