Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Peekablue > Reviews

Browse

Peekablue's Profile

Customer Reviews: 291

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peekablue RSS Feed (Missouri, U.S.A.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics Garment Rack - Chrome
AmazonBasics Garment Rack - Chrome
Price: $44.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy assembly/Handy product, July 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was very easy to put together. I did not even have to look at the instructions. It is lightweight and easy to move. The hanger rack has extensions on both ends that telescope into the main bar. I am keeping this next to my washer and dryer for the clothes that need to be hand dried. I think this will be great for that or just to have extra space for whenever I need it. I was also considering putting a board across the bottom for a shelf.

Maybelline New York Lip Studio Lip Color Palette, 0.14 Ounce
Maybelline New York Lip Studio Lip Color Palette, 0.14 Ounce
Price: $11.99
4 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice range of colors, July 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great set of lip colors. It would be perfect for someone just starting out with a makeup collection or for travel. There are eight colors ranging from a nude to deep burgundy. I didn't think I'd like the darkest color bease it looked too brown in the palette but when worn it's almost purple. I'd been wanting a nude shade and the lightest shade is perfect!

The colors are all complementary and have a moisturizing feel. They are buildable, as well. (I have fair skin with pink undertones. My hair is brunette, kind of a chestnut brown, and I have blue eyes.)

The palette seems to be well made and it comes with a lip brush. There is no mirror and the colors are not named.

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection 102 Triangle Concealer, 0.09 Ounce
Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection 102 Triangle Concealer, 0.09 Ounce
Price: $17.67
5 used & new from $8.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Their original Concealer Brush is better, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This brush is well made and very attractive. It is comfortable to hold and has a nice weight. The different angles make it great for getting in crevices, like around the nose, really well. It does a good job at applying concealer, however, I found the bristles to be rather stiff and "pokey." They are somewhat irritating, especially around my eye area, which is the main area I use concealer. I normally use powder concealer, so that may make a difference. I haven't tried it with liquid. Overall, I prefer the Real Techniques Concealer Brush from their original line, which works well with both powder and liquid.

{POST}MODERN Compostable Food Scrap Disposal System, Starter Kit
{POST}MODERN Compostable Food Scrap Disposal System, Starter Kit
Price: $10.50
2 used & new from $10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but kind of disgusting, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always feel bad when throwing out food. I thought this was a neat idea and gave it a try. For starters, the metal holder that hangs on the door of a cabinet does not allow the door to close properly. I just kept it on a shelf. It does hold in the smell very well, as long as the lid is on. I just hated opening the lid and seeing the decaying food. I knew to expect that...it's just that I recently became pregnant and am more sensitive than usual to things like that. When it was full, I tossed it in the woods in our backyard.

I think this would work best for someone living in an apartment or a more urban setting where you maybe share a community compost unit. For someone, like me, who lives in a suburban (almost rural) area, it is useful but I think having an actual compost pile may be better. I could toss things in as needed and walk away without having to really look at it.

I don't think I'll be purchasing any refills.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2016 11:52 AM PDT

Real Techniques Brow Set, 0.25 Ounce
Real Techniques Brow Set, 0.25 Ounce
Price: $14.75
19 used & new from $12.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for brow care, June 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of the Real Techniques brushes. They are well-made, easy to maintain, and reasonably priced. This eyebrow kit is no exception.

I have been using the same Goody tweezers for the past 16 years because I couldn't find anything better. The R.T. tweezers work very well. They are comfortable to hold. I wasn't sure if the detail tweezers were necessary but after trying them I see that I can get the hairs really close to my brows without grasping any extra hairs.

I like the angled brush, although I rarely fill in by brows. The spoolie is also nice to have. I don't have much use for the other brush but it's nice to have, as well. The brushes come in a handy case, which is great for storage or travel.

Perky-Pet 381 2-in-1 Bird Feeder
Perky-Pet 381 2-in-1 Bird Feeder
Price: $22.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent feeder, May 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice feeder, made of clear plastic and metal. The feeding ports rotate for two feeding options: one side has a sort of bowl for the regular seed to spill into and the other side allows thistle to come through.

The plastic part does not seem like it will be super durable but that also makes it lightweight. The top opens up for easy filling and the bottom also comes for cleaning purposes.

Overall, this is a decent feeder but don't expect it to last for very long.

Fred & Friends DINNER WINNER Kids' Dinner Tray, Pirate
Fred & Friends DINNER WINNER Kids' Dinner Tray, Pirate
Price: $20.00
5 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful tool for the picky eater, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a five year old son who is extremely picky. If it's not chicken nuggets, fish sticks, mac and cheese, or a quesodilla he will not eat it. Dinner time is always a struggle. I have to fight with him just to get him to take one bite of something. I dread it.

When I saw this plate, I figured that it couldn't hurt to give it a try. The design is very cute and colorful. There are eight compartments along the "treasure map" and a ninth one that is covered with a lid (the "treasure chest"). A previous reviewer stated that the compartments don't hold enough food but I disagree. I think it can hold plenty. I usually don't fill them all the way. A child's stomach is only about the size of his/her fist and if they're not good eaters to begin with, this will hold more than enough food. You can always give them more, if they're still hungry.

My son was intrigued by the plate. He immediately made up a story about it and chattered away, excitedly, and continues to do that every time we use it. Knowing that he has to get all the way through the map before he gets the treasure at the end has definitely made him more inclined to eat things he normally would not. I still have to keep him on track and encourage him, though. He still fights but not as much. One night, he even ate green beans without a fight. He actually chewed them up, too, before swallowing. (Normally, he just tries to swallow them whole.)

For the prize in the treasure chest, I use mini cookies from the Keebler snack packs (Scoobie Snacks are a big hit). You could also put mini candy bars, M&M's, a bit of pudding/jell-o, or even a few grapes or fruit slices in there.

Washing it by hand has not been difficult. Most food remnants slide off easily when rinsed. It is dishwasher safe but I have chosen to hand wash. It is NOT microwave safe.

Overall, I'd say that this plate has helped encourage my son to eat more of the things he normally would try to avoid (vegetables of any kind, sirloin, salmon). While he still has his moments, dinner time is becoming less and less a struggle.

L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Mascara, Medium to Dark 380, 0.27 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Morgan Enterprise
Price: $7.82
17 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, simple, and looks great, May 11, 2016
I have naturally full eyebrows but they aren't very dark. I have tried eyebrow pencils, which work pretty well, however it's easy to get a little carried away. Sometimes I my eyebrows look great and other times I end up with scary "Joan Crawford" eyebrows. I've also tried filling them in with brown eye shadow. By using a lighter brown, I can make them look a little more subtle but it takes so frickin' long to do.

I wanted to try something like this because it seemed like this would be easy to use and a be time saver. The only thing that worried me was the color. Would it be too dark? Would Joan Crawford be making an appearance? I purchased this in Medium-Dark. The answer: NO! This gel is just the right shade. It makes my brows look just a bit darker and brings out their shape, without being over the top. It's also a time saver, like I thought it would be. It just takes a minute or two to swipe across brows and get them shaped the way I want.

Another plus is that this stuff lasts all day. I work 10 hour days and when I get home my eyebrows are still in place. Also, when I splashed water on my face to wash it, this stuff stayed put. It didn't come off until I used my cleansing cloth.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ecotools Makeup Brush Cleansing Cloths, 0.46 Ounce
Ecotools Makeup Brush Cleansing Cloths, 0.46 Ounce
Price: $6.99
5 used & new from $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars They barely take any makeup off my brushes, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought these cloths were a great idea and would save me some time in the mornings. I normally use Cinema Secrets brush cleaner, which is a liquid that I have to pour into another container, dip my brushes into it, then swirl my brushes on a piece of tissue or paper towel, and lay flat to dry. That's a lot of steps for my morning routine when I'm usually rushed.

These cloths are very easy to use. Just pull back the resealable flap, pull out a cloth, reseal the flap, lay the cloth flat across one hand, and swipe/swirl your brush(es) across the cloth. Lay your brush(es) flat to dry. They have light scent but it is not unpleasant and it's not a chemical or perfume smell. It's more botanical. I checked the package and they are made with Cucumber and Aloe. I'm sure that's the scent I'm picking up.

The package states that these cloths will "instantly wash away surface makeup, oil, and impurities from your brushes...." After using them a few times, I have gotten mixed to poor results. I mainly use mineral makeup and everything is in powder form. When I try to clean my foundation and concealer brushes, very little comes off the brushes. I can still see the makeup on my brushes and very little makeup is visible on the cloth afterwards. I have tried holding the cloth in my hand and setting it on a hard, flat surface while cleaning my brushes. When I clean my blush brush, it seems like I get a little more off of that one but I'm not sure if that's because the blush is more pigmented and therefore more visible. I haven't worn any liquid makeup recently, so I haven't tried it with that, yet. Maybe it will work better with liquid foundation and concealer. If it does, I will try to remember to come back and update my review.

When I use the Cinema Secrets brush cleaner, my brushes look clean afterwards. There is no visible makeup left on my brushes and I can see a good amount of makeup on the tissue/paper towel when I am finished. Even when I used Cinema Secrets in a spray bottle (I sprayed the cleaner onto a paper towel, then swirled my brushes on it) I would get better results than I did from the Ecotools cloths. I'm not that impressed. It's a good idea but not an effective product.

First Response Pro Digital Pregnancy Test Kit
First Response Pro Digital Pregnancy Test Kit
Price: $15.99
6 used & new from $15.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the extra $$, May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Here are the main points I noticed about this product:
1) COST: You can purchase multiple tests (generic or name brand) for less than half the price of one of these tests. (I just purchased a pack of 8 tests for under $9.00.) If it takes you several months to conceive, these will get expensive very quickly. 2) SENSITIVITY: This test came up negative when I was getting positives on other (generic) tests. 3) THE EXTRAS: Do you really NEED something to distract you while the test is running? You can go brush your teeth, get dressed, check Facebook, change the laundry, etc. during the 3-5 minutes it takes for a test to run. That part seems totally unnecessary AND as a veteran mother, none of the info it provided was new to me.

I CAN see how this test and app might be helpful to someone with a surprise pregnancy and for first time moms who haven't had a chance to do much research. If you are an experienced mom, this product doesn't have anything new to offer.

My experience in detail:
My husband and I are trying for our second child. I was able to conceive during our first month of trying but miscarried two months later. We had to wait about a month before we could start trying again. I was using the top three pregnancy tests (Clear Blue, EPT, and First Response). Each month, I was sure I was pregnant and would test for several days looking for a positve. After two months, I realized I was wasting a lot of money on these pregnancy tests, so I looked for some less expensive options and decided on a few generic brands.

When I saw this test available, I thought I'd give it a try. I tested, yesterday morning, with the generic tests and got three faint positives. (This was our third month, six months from when we originally started.) I tested again, this morning, and they were a little darker. So, since I had the time I used this test, as well. This one came up as negative. Obviously, this test is not as sensitive. I've used other digital tests, in the past, and they are generally not as sensitive as analog tests.

As for operating the test, it is the same as any other test. Either hold it in your urine stream or dip it into your collected sample. Wait three minutes and you're done.

The difference is that this tests can connect with your smartphone via the First Response app. Set up is pretty easy. You must connect your test to your device before running the test. While the test is running, the app gives you options for "Entertainment," "Education," and "Keeping Calm." These come in the form of videos, reading material, and breathing exercises. I chose education and read a little about Follicle Stimulating Hormones. When my test came up negative, it offered more educational material and a short quiz to determine whether or not I need to see a doctor.

The app, itself, is nothing to write home about. I have reviewed it separately, so I won't go into detail on that. I will say that there are much better fertility apps available, if you are trying to conceive. (I use My Days X and My Fertility Charts. Either is far superior to this app for keeping track of your period and/or fertile days.)

Again, some first time moms may find this helpful, especially if their potential pregnancy is unplanned. I don't recommend this for those who have been there and done that.

Thanks for reading!