Profile for David > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
by Lennard Zinn
Price: $18.87
115 used & new from $12.96

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for the do-it-yourselfer, September 7, 2014
I used this book the same day I got it. I followed it to adjust my derailleurs and brakes. I look forward to using it for all my other repairs and maintenance. One improvement for this book would be if it was bound so that it would lay flat, like a GBC or spiral binding.

Halter Home Mechanic Repair Bike Stand - With Work Tray And Handlebar Holder
Halter Home Mechanic Repair Bike Stand - With Work Tray And Handlebar Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the cyclist on a budget, September 7, 2014
I had been looking for a bike stand and knew they were pricey. In fact, I looked around on the Internet for ideas to make my own, but wasn't inspired to make anything I saw. Plus the cost of materials was 50 dollars or more to make something that would still be inferior to commercially made ones. I decided to check on Amazon and found this. I was really excited to get it and try it out. And that's what I did. The same day I got it, I assembled it and mounted my mountain bike on it to adjust my derailleurs and brakes. It worked great. Also, I don't have a lot of room in my garage and this stores just about anywhere and out of the way when it's all folded up.

Jansport Big Student Backpack (Black)
Jansport Big Student Backpack (Black)
Offered by KIKS
Price: $41.15
30 used & new from $30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Not "Big", September 7, 2014
It's called "big", but it wasn't as big as we expected. In fact, it seemed practically the same size as any other Jansport day-pack. It also didn't hang right on my son's back. He is over 6' so maybe that had something to do with it. We had to return it. We'll need to find something else that is closer to our needs.

True Fabrications Wood Professional Corkscrew
True Fabrications Wood Professional Corkscrew
Price: $9.21
6 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Perfect, September 7, 2014
I've used this several times now and I really like it. It's made beautifully, stores in any drawer, and it's so easy to use. Why the need for those complicated contraptions that are big and awkward to use or the expensive battery operated ones?

Ceptics UP-5KP International Worldwide Travel Adapter Plug, 5-Piece Set with Pouch
Price: $8.23
6 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Good, July 26, 2014
Purchased this set for a three-week tour to Europe. They worked great. No complaints.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Undercover Money Belt (Mocha)
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Undercover Money Belt (Mocha)
Price: $16.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Concealing a Passport and Wallet, July 20, 2014
I used this during a three-week tour in Europe. I was able to keep my wallet and passport in it, but that is the maximum it can hold. It was still easily concealable under a t-shirt. The stitching starting to pull some, but I think it was because I had my wallet in there too. It was a tight fit.

I recommend it.

Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Fanny Pack
Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Fanny Pack
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $31.47
11 used & new from $29.60

3.0 out of 5 stars It Is What It Is..., January 19, 2014
It's probably not the best way to conceal. The pack also has a law enforcement look to it. I will use it when I don't want to conceal an IWB with a jacket or long baggy shirt. This will be used when it's warm and I want to carry while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Construction, January 19, 2014
This holster is made very well. It definitely needs to be broken in before using it. I'm happy with the purchase.

ESV Thinline Bible, TruTone, Nutmeg, Filigree Design,  Red Letter Text
ESV Thinline Bible, TruTone, Nutmeg, Filigree Design, Red Letter Text
by ESV Bibles
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: $21.98
74 used & new from $18.93

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife likes it, January 19, 2014
I purchased this bible as a Christmas gift for my wife. She's very happy with it. She likes the cover design and the soft feel. She also likes the thin design.

Thermos DF2150 Briefcase Vacuum Bottle
Thermos DF2150 Briefcase Vacuum Bottle
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $15.91
8 used & new from $10.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Inside Coating Coming Off, September 28, 2013
I used this almost every day for work. I kept my coffee in it. After about a year or two the inside coating started coming off. At first I thought it was a coating created by the coffee so I scrubbed it all out. However, upon my first use, after getting that coating all out, my coffee had a very strange flavor and the inside of the bottle had an odor. It was then that I realized that it had some kind of coating. The bottle is no good now. Bummer.

Page: 1 | 2