Profile for Cillasi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cillasi RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black)
JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black)
Price: $6.49
8 used & new from $4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but limited life, August 6, 2014
I'm finding out that these ear buds have a tendency to lose a channel. Doesn't seem to be a reason for it, but one minute both sides work and the next, one side is dead. One pair lasted quite a while and because of that, I ordered them again; the next pair, which I received mid-March, died today (8/6). Almost 5 months...maybe that's not bad for a $7 pair of ear buds.

As others have said, the sound quality is pretty good. I'm sure there's better, but I use them mainly at work for short news stories, transcription and such, and for listening to audio books, so I'm not really looking for high-fidelity sound here. At $7 a pair - they are worth that to carry a pair around in my purse (usually unprotected) and to leave unattended at my desk overnight.

I would rate them higher except for the audio failure on two pair - definitely an issue with them.

Happy Chef 2
Happy Chef 2
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good time management game, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Happy Chef 2 (App)
Worth a shot if you like this sort of game. They want you to buy a full version though which can be a turnoff

Hight Quality Replacement AC Adapter/Battery Charger For Dell Inspiron Mini 10, Mini 10v, Mini 1011 Series Netbook Computer
Offered by JBM international
Price: $7.46
14 used & new from $2.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost DOA, August 12, 2013
Charging light lit for about 10 minutes, then went dead. Returned. Won't try another one since others have complained about the same problem.

Timex Women's T2N644 Weekender Classic Casual Woven Leather Strap Watch
Timex Women's T2N644 Weekender Classic Casual Woven Leather Strap Watch
Offered by Royal watches
Price: $41.99
7 used & new from $34.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but Noisy, January 22, 2013
I like the look of the watch. The braided band is plenty long enough. My only complaint is that it's noisy. It's not a sweep second hand so you can hear each tick in a quiet room. I can't keep it near my bed at night or it would drive me crazy. Now that I'm used to it, most times I don't hear it, but once I do become conscious of it, it's impossible to ignore.

If you have a really tiny wrist I wouldn't recommend it because the face is rather large.

Black & Decker D2030 Auto-Off Digital Advantage Iron
Black & Decker D2030 Auto-Off Digital Advantage Iron
Price: $44.99
28 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars On my second one., July 6, 2012
My first B&D D2030 lasted 5 years. It was recently dropped (not for the first time) and although still in one piece, it began leaking a bit from the rear of the plate when ironing, so I decided to replace it with the same model. I never had a problem with the water cap as some people have, so I can't comment about that except to say that mine is still there and working well 5 years later. It does use up water like crazy though, especially if you spend a lot of time on creases, etc. It has a very smooth plate and glides effortlessly over every material I've used it on.

Torn
Torn
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad science, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Torn (Kindle Edition)
This book has a lot wrong with it: spelling and grammar errors galore; silly, underdeveloped, and unlikeable characters; but most of all, bad science!

The author doesn't draw important distinctions such as:

solar flare vs. CME (coronal mass ejection); and
electromagnetic field reversal vs. polar shift.

Also, the Earth completes it's cycle of precession once every 26,000 years and has absolutely nothing to do with the other stuff.

It's okay reading if you don't know or understand physics or find physics easy to ignore, but for sure, this book describes nothing about our real world.

Inland Pro 17.3" Purple Notebook Bag
Inland Pro 17.3" Purple Notebook Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, October 26, 2011
This bag fit my Dell wide-screen 17.3" laptop perfectly. There is just enough room for a mouse, power brick and cords in the outside pocket, but not for much else. It doesn't have a lot of padding and I'm not sure I'd trust the handles over the long-haul - I believe they would probably weaken with regular use - but they seem to be well-attached. I don't carry a laptop with me on a regular basis, so I just wanted something to carry it from room to room or to put into a piece of carry-on luggage when I do want to take it with me somewhere. This notebook bag is perfect for that. It doesn't look bad either. It's nice and streamlined and the "purple" is more like a "plum" color. I'm giving it 5-stars because it suits the purpose I bought it for.

Timberland Women's Richtor Oxford
Timberland Women's Richtor Oxford

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfy!, September 10, 2011
I ordered these because of the price and as soon as I put them on, I came back to order another pair! Unfortunately, they only have the black in my size, but that's okay. These are extremely comfortable. As someone who always has problems with fit and shoebox height and is also a diabetic, I'm very happy with these sneakers. They give an easy, relaxed, but stable fit.

Roku XD 2050, 720p Streaming Player
Roku XD 2050, 720p Streaming Player
Offered by ksdvd9
Price: $94.00
15 used & new from $25.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Trouble with wireless, April 8, 2011
At first, ROKU wouldn't pick up my wireless connection at all. I had to change the security from WPA2 to WPA Personal. Then it found the network and connected. It took a long time to update the software. Then I kept getting an connection error trying to obtain a registration code. When I finally got it, it wouldn't update from the website (I waited about 20 minutes). Asked for another code and re-linked it and it accepted. Now to add channels. No go. Just kept coming back at me saying it couldn't connect. There wasn't even a delay...hit the button - can't connect, over and over. Luckily, I found an extra ethernet cable, hard-wired the ROKU and everything worked perfectly. BTW, the wireless router is within 5 feet of the ROKU so distance wasn't an issue. So, although I'm happy with it hardwired (smooth playback, no stutters), considering the problems I had setting up a wireless connection, I'm hesitant to try to add one in another room. I especially wanted to confirm that there does seem to be a problem setting up a wireless connection (at least with the model I have - 2050X). If it's not a "problem" then it's a lot more difficult than the documentation makes it out to be and that's why I only gave "customer support" 3 stars.

Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W
Reebok Women's Princess Sneaker,Black,7 W

3.0 out of 5 stars Note where the shoe was made., March 17, 2011
The Reebok Classic "Princess" in black is the only shoe I've worn for years. I have diabetes and these have proven to be the most comfortable and relaxed fit.

I recently ordered two pair. I put a pair on and left for work and thought I'd be permanently crippled by the time I got back home that night. I couldn't understand it. I'd never had this type of problem with this shoe.

I tried on the second pair and it was an entirely different experience. This is the shoe I know and love!

The only difference between the two shoes is the place of manufacture. The "bad" pair was made in Vietnam. Whether it's a missize, a defect, or something more systemic, I don't know, but I don't want another pair of shoes made in Vietnam!!

The "good" pair was made in Indonesia. I checked the old shoe I was replacing and it was made in China.

So, if you have a problem with this shoe, check the outside of the box or the tongue label and note where it was made. If problem shoes are coming from the same source, maybe something can be done about it at the company level.

So, even though I typically love this shoe, I'm only rating it a 3 because of this size problem. If I can't rely on a shoe being the same regardless of place of origin, then it's a gamble to buy it, and I don't have the time or patience to constantly return defective items.

Plus, for some reason, Amazon wants the item back BEFORE issuing a refund, which is not their usual way. If this is their policy with shoes, then I won't risk ordering shoes from Amazon again.
Comment Comments (32) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 11:46 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3